• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I called the healer that left (who had been a jerk the whole time thus far) an asshole after I noticed he abandoned. The 15 year old tank told me "not to use that word" and "That word is a curse word".
Despite not having played all that much for every story of a terrible party I could also tell a story of a really good party. Different people are playing, sometimes you just end up with horrible ones. Guess it comes with the description.

JLeack

Banned
Anyone have tips for a PLD with relic weapon and some introductory level 50 gear? I quit during 2.0 and 2.2 is greatly overwhelming me to a point where I don't even feel like logging in.

Sophia

Anyone have tips for a PLD with relic weapon and some introductory level 50 gear? I quit during 2.0 and 2.2 is greatly overwhelming me to a point where I don't even feel like logging in.

Start working on myth. Do trials, main scenario, low level duty roulettes, as well as WP/AK, and eventually you'll have enough gear to jump into Crystal Tower (ilevel 80 gear) and the newest dungeons (ilevel 70 gear)

When you feel confident enough and meet the item level requirement, do the Binding Coil of Bahamut too. The first five turns have no lockout anymore.

Jayhawk

For people who have used the server transfer service, did you encounter any issues? I will probably server transfer this week, and I just want to be aware of any potential issues.

Alex

Why is doing completely dull stuff like leatherworking so entertaining? Fricking MMOs. Been doing that all day.

Crafting is extremely fun in this game and although it's really grindy at times it's really awesome how all of the various crafts snap together to make HQing easier and easier, brilliant system. Problem is that a lot of the crafting is fairly useless outside of supplying shit to other crafters and a few odds and ends, but they got the interaction level to a great spot at least so there's a good foundation.

What blows me away is that it has to be the only RPG, MMO or otherwise, on the planet to screw up Alchemy, though! I mean come on, Alchemy is your freebie, you can't mess it up!

I wanna see some good profession quirks to effect character customization and load outs like other MMOs, oh and raid drops for actually good crafted gear... especially in this game where I could read stories about having a really rare item drop for crafting, fucking up the HQ, then being completely ostracized for it.

All the lame kids play with a controller.

I prefer to play on a controller for comfort reasons, but there's still plenty of times I sigh in disgust and reach for the mouse. If I wasn't playing a Bard for progression content I'd probably just do mouse and keyboard full time.

It'd be nice in the future, for mouse/keyboard users, if the UI was a little less restrictive and depending on your input choice. Only being able to interact with one window at a time is some serious bullshit.

So I just hit 30 Conjurer, 15 Arcanist and got my White Mage up and running in about 4-5 days. Other than a random dungeon party calling me a bitch because the boss one-shotted me near the end of the fight, there's been little conflict within the game itself.

Korezo

I was same as you I quit @2.0 then came back on ps4 release. First thing I did was the new campaign story, and then unlocked all those new hard mode dungeons. You can become lvl 90 in a day since you a tank. Just farm brayflox hardmode. I got my mnk to 85 without even trying in a week. The problem starts when you start to do extremes, trial extreme is currently impossible in duty finder. I been stuck in Garuda extreme for 2 weeks already, now all I do is log on to try a few Garuda ex attempts, fail and log out. So failing Garuda extreme is my daily.

Alex

I was same as you I quit @2.0 then came back on ps4 release. First thing I did was the new campaign story, and then unlocked all those new hard mode dungeons. You can become lvl 90 in a day since you a tank. Just farm brayflox hardmode. I got my mnk to 85 without even trying in a week. The problem starts when you start to do extremes, trial extreme is currently impossible in duty finder. I been stuck in Garuda extreme for 2 weeks already, now all I do is log on to try a few Garuda ex attempts, fail and log out. So failing Garuda extreme is my daily.

The US players tend to roll a very oddball strategy that makes the fight harder than it needs to be if you cart melee with you, so that doesn't help success rates with pugs.

Geoff9920

Dumb question: is there any way for me to prevent getting tells from gold farmers the moment I go into a new area other than blacklisting them after the first time?

Alex

Dumb question: is there any way for me to prevent getting tells from gold farmers the moment I go into a new area other than blacklisting them after the first time?

Nope.

They seem to do good work with their task force in hunting down these things but they haven't put forth a lot of effort in alleviating the annoyance.

Would at least like to have report spam/session ignore options to unclutter my backlist and to have restrictions on the wanton tell spam these things can get away with.

Geoff9920

Nope.

They seem to do good work with their task force in hunting down these things but they haven't put forth a lot of effort in alleviating the annoyance.

Would at least like to have report spam/session ignore options to unclutter my backlist and to have restrictions on the wanton tell spam these things can get away with.
Bummer. :-\ I wonder if it's possible to create a macro that automatically blacklists anyone that mentions gold via a tell. :p

Ken

Bummer. :-\ I wonder if it's possible to create a macro that automatically blacklists anyone that mentions gold via a tell. :p

automatically no. the best you have now is the right click add to blacklist option (which we used to not have at launch and people had to make a macro that blacklists the last person who sent you a tell

Qvoth

what happened?

my dps is kinda low for t9, 210ish i think
the leader wants us to get 5 meteors instead of 6 before 65% for the golem drops, i'm slowing them down i guess ; ;

man i'm only really pissed at losing my i110 this week >_<

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
my dps is kinda low for t9, 210ish i think
the leader wants us to get 5 meteors instead of 6 before 65% for the golem drops, i'm slowing them down i guess ; ;

man i'm only really pissed at losing my i110 this week >_<

The BLM in my group is pulling over 300 on T8, so...

Phlebas

Banned
The US players tend to roll a very oddball strategy that makes the fight harder than it needs to be if you cart melee with you, so that doesn't help success rates with pugs.

Guessing you're talking about the Sup only strat?

Forming a DF group I just avoid bringing melees along.

I sometimes hit multiple buttons or mis-click with the naga. I have since moved to the Naga Hex.
The 6 buttons along with CTRL and ALT give me 18 actions at the tip of my finger.
I get much better muscle memory and reaction times with this setup since I'm not overwhelmed with tiny buttons.

razer-naga-hex-league-of-legends-top-view-550x222.png

aJW7a.jpg

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
So I just hit 30 Conjurer, 15 Arcanist and got my White Mage up and running in about 4-5 days. Other than a random dungeon party calling me a bitch because the boss one-shotted me near the end of the fight, there's been little conflict within the game itself.

Yeesh. That's definitely one reason I'm happy I play on a Japanese server.

Paprikka

Thanks for the ultra quick reply.

I'm in the FC and yes I can vouch for them. They put in their application to the guildworks yesterday and then applied in game. I'm sure he filled in everything required, but he's still sitting in application limbo.

Would he happen to be Squalll? His app mentions knowing a neogaf member but he doesn't say who, which is probably why it hadn't been accepted yet.

When you feel confident enough and meet the item level requirement, do the Binding Coil of Bahamut too. The first five turns have no lockout anymore.
I'm up to 76 (DRG), is that good enough or am I going to be yelled at for not being geared well enough for them? Lol

I think I might jump back into the game soon. I stopped playing as I realized that I wasn't that much a fan of my job when I reached level 50.

How's 2.2? Any changes to leveling extra jobs?

Tex117

Banned
For people who have used the server transfer service, did you encounter any issues? I will probably server transfer this week, and I just want to be aware of any potential issues.

Nope, no issue for me, but I did take a double take at the price tag.

Frumix

Suffering From Success

There's no issues but make sure
- You're not in a FC on the server you're from or have an application waiting
- Your retainer has no items or gil on them
- You're not in an instance at the moment of logout
- You're not in a housing area at the moment of logout
Otherwise your transfer will be denied.

Zomba13

There's no issues but make sure
- You're not in a FC on the server you're from or have an application waiting
- Your retainer has no items or gil on them
- You're not in an instance at the moment of logout
- You're not in a housing area at the moment of logout
Otherwise your transfer will be denied.

My retainer had items on them and I transferred fine.

Kenai

If you set yourself to away (/busy) no one can send you tells. You can't get tells from anyone or be in DF or anything, but I like it when I'm doing dailies or other solo stuff since my blacklist is full.

MoonGred

I was close to buying the game, but just want to double check on last thing. I've bought a copy of it at the launch of ARR for pc. Will I need to purchase a copy of it for ps4 or can i just renew my sub and start playing on ps4? I've still got the game client on my ps4 from the beta weekend, which seems to have upgraded to the full version.

The whole cross platform bit has made me want to double check.

N.A

Banned
I was close to buying the game, but just want to double check on last thing. I've bought a copy of it at the launch of ARR for pc. Will I need to purchase a copy of it for ps4 or can i just renew my sub and start playing on ps4? I've still got the game client on my ps4 from the beta weekend, which seems to have upgraded to the full version.

You will need to buy a copy for PS4 to play on PS4 (or buy a PS3 copy and do the free upgrade).

Dunan

You will need to buy a copy for PS4 to play on PS4 (or buy a PS3 copy and do the free upgrade).

If you buy a copy for PS4, can you play on both?

And if you buy an install disc for PS4 in a different region, can you still install the game and keep your account on your original region?

Just wondering what I should do when my Japanese PS4 disc arrives; I have a NA-based account and would love to maintain the ability to play on both platforms. My PS3 will not be retired any time soon, whereas there might not be enough space to give the incoming PS4 a permanent place in the living room.

Number45

Isn't this a PSN maintenance? SE has nothing to do with it.
I never said they did.

SE has had a notice about it in the launcher for a few days.
I should start reading the launcher then, thanks. Did Sony (EU) announce it anywhere? If they use Twitter as their official announcement portal now it's pretty annoying, given how easy it is to miss things on there. Anything planned should be blogged (and unplanned should be blogged, after the fact). :/

One piece of advice. Once you get a 100% spiritbond replace it for a new piece. You'll thank me later.
I've been depositing every piece of 100% SB gear to my retainer as I've been levelling my first job, hoping I'd be able to use them later. :)

So I finally tried Qarn last night
Wanted to give this a shot last night (also as a tank). Looks like fun!

Yeesh. That's definitely one reason I'm happy I play on a Japanese server.
So you can't understand the insults? :p

So what are some other signs that you got a bot tank in the DR? I swear I ran into at least 10 of them tonight lol

And I just experienced my first instance of everyone dropping after they saw they got Lost City...kinda stupid, the dungeon is pretty darn easy, even with the last fight.

IMBored

I just realized yesterday how much time daily stuff takes. Between completing eight tradeleves, provision quests, beast tribe dailies and DF I only had time for that and to get my choral set last night, with the bonus of being stuck on cutter's when Odin showed up.

KeRaSh

I stopped playing towards the end of 2.0 and I kind of forgot all the combos and my ability layouts, which feels like a barrier preventing me from coming back.
How is the continuation of the main scenario? How much can one complete on his own and how much requires parties?

SRTtoZ

Yes you need to buy it for PS4 and register it with the same account you used for PC. You also get another 30 days tacked onto your current subscription for buying the new version.

WolvenOne

I stopped playing towards the end of 2.0 and I kind of forgot all the combos and my ability layouts, which feels like a barrier preventing me from coming back.
How is the continuation of the main scenario? How much can one complete on his own and how much requires parties?

The bulk of the content can be cleared without a set group, but the exceptions are, rather glaring.

Can anyone recommend a decent bluetooth keyboard for the ps4? I wouldn't want to buy one only to find out it's not compatible :/ Would be very handy for dungeons..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom