• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

Yeah forget becoming a summoner. I switched to ACN last night and summoned for the first time. I found the controls cumbersome and not that much fun (loved the animation of writing in the book though.) I'll just be a BLM instead; which is great because I just need to get a ARC up to level 15 and I'm there.

Set pet to Obey and control it manual. It'll only use it's main attack. Once you get used to it, it's easy. ACN is pretty basic in the beginning. Ruin. Ruin. Ruin. Bio. Ruin. Ruin. Ruin. Bio. Rinse and repeat until you can add Miasma to the list.

Set pet to Obey and control it manual. It'll only use it's main attack. Once you get used to it, it's easy. ACN is pretty basic in the beginning. Ruin. Ruin. Ruin. Bio. Ruin. Ruin. Ruin. Bio. Rinse and repeat until you can add Miasma to the list.

The help Icon when I summoned for the first time said press "R1" to go to my Pet Cross Bar. R1 never goes to the Pet Cross Bar though; it just cycles through my 8 sets. The only way I seemed to be able to get to the Pet Bar was to use the touchpad as a mouse to bring the cursor over the pet command that I wanted to use. Ridiculous.

Qvoth

Yeah forget becoming a summoner. I switched to ACN last night and summoned for the first time. I found the controls cumbersome and not that much fun (loved the animation of writing in the book though.) I'll just be a BLM instead; which is great because I just need to get a ARC up to level 15 and I'm there.

i'm a blm, and i think it's better if you keep going as smn
they deal so much more dps compared to us it's not even funny

jiggle

did titan for the first time on ps4
the experience was such a drastic improvement over ps3
felt like bombs and plumes had an extra tick or two

unbelievable how bad ps3 ran that fight really
FATES I understand
but an instanced battle with only 1 enemy?

If you set yourself to away (/busy) no one can send you tells. You can't get tells from anyone or be in DF or anything, but I like it when I'm doing dailies or other solo stuff since my blacklist is full.

Clean your blacklist out man. Old spammer names don't get reused. I basically empty mine out once a week so I can add more spammers.

One important thing about Twintania is that ever since the echo started, she started messing up her conflags.

Instead of slow, fast, slow, fast and maybe slow, she sometimes skips the first fast conflag, and the Fireball icon for the person that needs to go in appears before the conflag, it's really weird.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
One important thing about Twintania is that ever since the echo started, she started messing up her conflags.

Instead of slow, fast, slow, fast and maybe slow, she sometimes skips the first fast conflag, and the Fireball icon for the person that needs to go in appears before the conflag, it's really weird.

It's actually much easier now.

Don't run fireballs in anymore and just treat every conflag as a fast conflag.
The Echo makes downing them in time incredibly easy unless the DPS is horrendous.

fallingdove

Can someone help me understand why, when dungeoning, the recommended routine for tank(gladiator) is:

Flash, Flash, Combo, Flash, Combo

I have had several higher level players request that I run that flow and it makes no sense to me. A second flash up front is pointless because enemies are already blinded. It seems like a waste of MP/Time. But if I don't cast that second flash, people get pissed and kick me from the party and the dungeon.

Alucrid

Banned

That happened before the echo too

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Can someone help me understand why, when dungeoning, the recommended routine for tank(gladiator) is:

Flash, Flash, Combo, Flash, Combo

I have had several higher level players request that I run that flow and it makes no sense to me. A second flash up front is pointless because enemies are already blinded. It seems like a waste of MP/Time. But if I don't cast that second flash, people get pissed and kick me from the party and the dungeon.

Flash builds enimity quickly.
The combo has ramp-up time before the major enimity generation (3rd move)

Ideally you open every pull with a shield lob to the first enemy the DPS will attack. Then Flash to lock the enimity down and then combo away.

Alucrid

Banned
I didn't say it's harder, it's just weird that she skips a conflag and changes the icon order.

Is that because of higher DPS? I wouldn't think the phase would change itself, only end sooner.

Yeah, we would get two slow conflags in a row, fireballs before conflags were up, fireballs after conflags died, etc.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Is that because of higher DPS? I wouldn't think the phase would change itself, only end sooner.

The Death Sentence timing carries into the next phase.
If you DPS the first phase faster, the Death Sentence timing could play weird games with fireballs and conflags.

What is the process in joining the GAF FC on lamia? I'm a friendly guy enjoys the occasional jrpg trope and long walks on the beach if that helps...j/k but seriously looking forward to joining up with other gaffers on the red headed step child of servers. Let me know

Aeana

What is the process in joining the GAF FC on lamia? I'm a friendly guy enjoys the occasional jrpg trope and long walks on the beach if that helps...j/k but seriously looking forward to joining up with other gaffers on the red headed step child of servers. Let me know
I heard that the GAF FC on Lamia is nonexistant now. I should probably remove it from the OP.

This fucking game is driving me nsane.

Every time i try to log in it gives me a wrong password prompt. I subscribed, played five minutes, logged off and now it won't let me log in again.

After i had to delete my previous square enix account cause even if i succesfully changed password it wouldn't let me log in to it.

Is there a way to fix this fucking mess? Even the square enix site is fucked up.

I spent a good three hours trying to get this shit sorted, but i'm seriously thinking of beinging this game back to the shop cause right now i spent more time trying to change/create/log in with my account than with the game itself. It seriously is making me sour about this game and square enix's dealing with such mess. Even square enix customer support site and boards are clueless about this stuff.

Aeana

°°ToMmY°°;109089570 said:

Every time i try to log in it gives me a wrong password prompt. I subscribed, played five minutes, logged off and now it won't let me log in again.

After i had to delete my previous square enix account cause even if i succesfully changed password it wouldn't let me log in to it.

Is there a way to fix this fucking mess? Even the square enix site is fucked up.

I spent a good three hours trying to get this shit sorted, but i'm seriously thinking of beinging this game back to the shop cause right now i spent more time trying to change/create/log in with my account than with the game itself. It seriously is making me sour about this game and square enix's dealing with such mess. Even square enix customer support site and boards are clueless about this stuff.
You're not putting anything into the one time password box, are you?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
°°ToMmY°°;109089570 said:

Stop filling out the one-time password box unless you have a one-time password application/token.

Aeana

°°ToMmY°°;109091127 said:
I created a one password like they asked, should i not put it in when i log in? It asks for both my password and my one time password.
One Time Password is the security token code. If you have an security token associated with your account, then you should put that in yeah. If you don't, then you need to leave that box blank.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
°°ToMmY°°;109091127 said:
I created a one password like they asked, should i not put it in when i log in? It asks for both my password and my one time password.

You don't create a one-time password. It is an authentication token (think RSA Token) that generates a random 6 digit code for 2-step verification.

Just put in your username, password and leave the one-time password blank unless you have enabled 2-step authentication on your account.

Maybe SE didn't anticipate the type of customers they would get in the NA region. They should dumb down the login and put a picture of a security token or something. I see way too many people who have issues logging into this game.

You don't create a one-time password. It is an authentication token (think RSA Token) that generates a random 6 digit code for 2-step verification.

Just put in your username, password and leave the one-time password blank unless you have enabled 2-step authentication on your account.

Maybe SE didn't anticipate the type of customers they would get in the NA region. They should dumb down the login and put a picture of a security token or something. I see way too many people who have issues logging into this game.

It doesn't let me login even if i leave the one time password blank.

Wheter i put it in or not, it gives me an invalid username and password screen prompt.

Edit: and now it worked, at the third try.

°°ToMmY°°;109092663 said:
It doesn't let me login even if i leave the one time password blank.

Wheter i put it in or not, it gives me an invalid username and password screen prompt.
Are you trying to put your email in the username field? Try the username proper. Or vice-versa. I don't remember exactly, but some SE services only work with the email and others with the username.

Also, they should just stop using the stupid "one time password" term. Just change it all to Security Token Code, like the subtext in the Mogstation login form.

WolvenOne

Welp, I've got a question about Materia melding.

Today I broke down and bought the HQ ilvl90 Crafted Tank head piece, even without materia it's still better than the Warriors Myth helm, and it was being sold for less then the cost of the base materials it would've taken to make it.

Well, sometime today I'm going to break down and have somebody materia meld that sucker, but I know very little about crafting, and materia melding specifically. I know that you can meld more materia to an item then the number of slots would indicate, I've heard five to be precise. However, I've also heard that there's a set limit to how high you can drive any given bonus stat on an armor piece. So, for example, putting two level 5 accuracy materia's may not do you much good, because that's 18 Accuracy, and the item maxes out at 15.

This is actually the exact scenario I want to avoid, because while the price of almost every other piece of materia has all but collapsed in the past few weeks, accuracy materia is still absurdly expensive. :p

So I guess my question is this. How do you determine the max any stat can bet tricked out via materia, and what's the practical limit for number of pieces that can be attached?

Edit: Yes thankfully I have the Gil to afford all this, but I'll probably have to step up Gil gathering a bit in the future, if I want to grab personal housing quickly in 2.3 that is. XD

Edit Edit: Crafted helm's bonus stats are Crit Rate and Parry, Myths were Determination and Skill Speed. Thus why I'm saying that the crafted helm is better, parry is worth more than skill speed, and I'd rate crit rate as about as good as determination. If I can get even a little accuracy onto there, I'll be set for weeks.

Edit Edit Edit: Believe it or not, my main motivation for doing this now, is that I want to be able to equip the Fending Ribbon, next time it drops. In other words, I want to be less of a slave to the accuracy cap. XD

Aeana

I've heard a lot of complaints about the music in Coerthas, but I've always loved it. I love the special version of the battle theme there too.

Hasney

went there last night. Totally felt the same way regarding the music. Amazing

Yeah, it's incredible. Been playing just through the TV but stuck my Pulse Elites on now after getting there, even the battle music is even more awesome.

Got the collectors edition but not listened to the CD yet. Going to rip it tonight now and really hoping those 2 tracks are on it.

WolvenOne

I've heard a lot of complaints about the music in Coerthas, but I've always loved it. I love the special version of the battle theme there too.

I love Coarthas, especially when either storms come up and it's a near whitewash, or everything's gone perfectly clear.

I'm a big sucker for snow scapes. XD

Edit: Also it's the only place in the game where the Warrior Artifact and Myth armors actually look in place. I mean, dat Crimson Viking look and those furs.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Welp, I've got a question about Materia melding.

Today I broke down and bought the HQ ilvl90 Crafted Tank head piece, even without materia it's still better than the Warriors Myth helm, and it was being sold for less then the cost of the base materials it would've taken to make it.

Well, sometime today I'm going to break down and have somebody materia meld that sucker, but I know very little about crafting, and materia melding specifically. I know that you can meld more materia to an item then the number of slots would indicate, I've heard five to be precise. However, I've also heard that there's a set limit to how high you can drive any given bonus stat on an armor piece. So, for example, putting two level 5 accuracy materia's may not do you much good, because that's 18 Accuracy, and the item maxes out at 15.

This is actually the exact scenario I want to avoid, because while the price of almost every other piece of materia has all but collapsed in the past few weeks, accuracy materia is still absurdly expensive. :p

So I guess my question is this. How do you determine the max any stat can bet tricked out via materia, and what's the practical limit for number of pieces that can be attached?

Edit: Yes thankfully I have the Gil to afford all this, but I'll probably have to step up Gil gathering a bit in the future, if I want to grab personal housing quickly in 2.3 that is. XD

Edit Edit: Crafted helm's bonus stats are Crit Rate and Parry, Myths were Determination and Skill Speed. Thus why I'm saying that the crafted helm is better, parry is worth more than skill speed, and I'd rate crit rate as about as good as determination. If I can get even a little accuracy onto there, I'll be set for weeks.

Edit Edit Edit: Believe it or not, my main motivation for doing this now, is that I want to be able to equip the Fending Ribbon, next time it drops. In other words, I want to be less of a slave to the accuracy cap. XD

Could have saved a ton of money and just farmed the T5 helm.

WolvenOne

Could have saved a ton of money and just farmed the T5 helm.

I know, but I don't think the group I'm in is very keen on the idea of farming T5, and it's only imaginary money. Besides, I'll be done with the books soon, so hopefully I can get back to selling Myth Tome Mats. I don't expect the price to hold up as well as it has, but even at 50K a pop I'd make up most of the money I'm planning to spend in two weeks.

danthefan

I have some daft questions about retainers:

Why can I give them money? What's the point?
Why would I need more than 2 of them? I assume the amount of stuff they can hold is limited but are the markets in the three cities not all connected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom