• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Hmm, it'd take 2.5 Rank IV Accuracy materia's to get ACC to max on it. No big deal, except that that Heavens' Eye Materia IV costs over 100K a piece right now, it's the only battle materia thats price has really held up unfortunately. XD

Guess I could just put three Rank III's and settle for +18 ACC, or something. That or resell it.

Don't settle.
Meld 2 Heavens Eye IV into the given slots.
Then gamble with a Heaven's eye 2 or 3 to max that stat.
Then choose the next important stat and do your 4th and 5th melds of grade IV materia

Basically you fuse the most expensive stuff first as it has less chance to fail. (the values are close to this)
Slot 1 - 100%
Slot 2 - 100%
Slot 3 - 46%
Slot 4 - 24%
Slot 5 - 12%

WolvenOne

I have some daft questions about retainers:

Why can I give them money? What's the point?
Why would I need more than 2 of them? I assume the amount of stuff they can hold is limited but are the markets in the three cities not all connected?

Retainers can also be used to store extra items, plus if you really enjoy sending retainers on ventures, buying more would increase your ability to do so.

WolvenOne

Don't settle.
Meld 2 Heavens Eye IV into the given slots.
Then gamble with a Heaven's eye 2 or 3 to max that stat.
Then choose the next important stat and do your 3rd and 4th melds of grade IV materia

Basically you fuse the most expensive stuff first as it has less chance to fail. (the values are close to this)
Slot 1 - 100%
Slot 2 - 100%
Slot 3 - 46%
Slot 4 - 24%
Slot 5 - 12%

Makes sense, assuming I don't resell. (I'm torn, this'd be a no brainer except for that absurdly priced materia!) Then I guess I could put parry on the rest, since it's relatively cheap right now.

What stats should I be looking for as a SMN? Det?

Also the ACC cap for SMNs is the same as BLMs, yes? So around 450 for Coil1 and 480 for 2?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Makes sense, assuming I don't resell. (I'm torn, this'd be a no brainer except for that absurdly priced materia!) Then I guess I could put parry on the rest, since it's relatively cheap right now.

If you can't/don't want to fund this. Sell that crafted piece and farm the T5 helm.
Crafted gear is expensive and only worth it if you max the stats.

If the helm already has parry, you can't meld more onto it.
General rule is you can only meld what isn't on the armor natively.

Alucrid

Banned
If you can't/don't want to fund this. Sell that crafted piece and farm the T5 helm.

No. That's only if it's already capped. The high quality tank helm only has 15 parry, can still meld 6 on it.

WolvenOne

Ah, that'd explain why so many of the crafted pieces don't have the most desirable stats.

Well, I'll mull it out over the course of the day. While I can afford this, at 110K a piece just for the Heavens Eye IV, it'd turn this piece into an absurdly expensive stop-gap piece.

Shame I didn't check the price on that first, I just assumed it would've fallen down to the 10-50K range, like most the other pieces of battle materia.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Ah, that'd explain why so many of the crafted pieces don't have the most desirable stats.

Well, I'll mull it out over the course of the day. While I can afford this, at 110K a piece just for the Heavens Eye IV, it'd turn this piece into an absurdly expensive stop-gap piece.

Shame I didn't check the price on that first, I just assumed it would've fallen down to the 10-50K range, like most the other pieces of battle materia.

All crafted gear falls into this category since it is never BiS on a combat class.

I have some daft questions about retainers:

Why can I give them money? What's the point?
Why would I need more than 2 of them? I assume the amount of stuff they can hold is limited but are the markets in the three cities not all connected?

No point, but you can take the money the make from the stuff you sell from them.

Each retainer has 175 inventory spaces once you start getting a lot of crap a third one starts to sound good. Also each can have 20 items for sale at the same time, if you want to sell more stuff you'd need another.

The markets are connected, but the taxes might vary (I've never seen this) and the buyer's fee depends on where they buy from so 2 items listed at the same price in 2 different markets might not end up being the same price for a buyer.

danthefan

No point, but you can take the money the make from the stuff you sell from them.

Each retainer has 175 inventory spaces once you start getting a lot of crap a third one starts to sound good. Also each can have 20 items for sale at the same time, if you want to sell more stuff you'd need another.

The markets are connected, but the taxes might vary (I've never seen this) and the buyer's fee depends on where they buy from so 2 items listed at the same price in 2 different markets might not end up being the same price for a buyer.

Retainers can also be used to store extra items, plus if you really enjoy sending retainers on ventures, buying more would increase your ability to do so.

Ok got it, thanks.

WolvenOne

All crafted gear falls into this category since it is never BiS on a combat class.

I know, I just figured that if I could throw this together for less then 500K total, it'd be worth the money not having to worry about ACC every time I saw an item I wanted to equip that didn't have ACC on it. Again, I'm pointing to the Fending Ribbon, or almost any of the Soldiery accessories. :p

At this point though, I'm tempted to sell it to somebody within the FC on the cheap, take 100-150K loss on it, so that they can maybe do the melding themselves and resell it for booku bucks. 100-150K loss wouldn't be a big deal to me right now, and would teach me to do my research before making these kinds of purchases.

What stats should I be looking for as a SMN? Det?

Also the ACC cap for SMNs is the same as BLMs, yes? So around 450 for Coil1 and 480 for 2?

Crit Rate. And the accuracy cap for SMN's is higher since we have to account for the pet...not sure on the accuracy for Coil 2 but 450 is perfect for the first Coil.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So I've been playing solo for a bit. How do I join a random group to quest together? I'm like level 8. I sent in my GAF application. But in the meantime, I'm lonely :(

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I've been playing solo for a bit. How do I join a random group to quest together? I'm like level 8. I sent in my GAF application. But in the meantime, I'm lonely :(

You don't really start grouping until after the lvl 15 story quests. (the ones that have you go to each town)

Just tough it out until then, it should only take a couple hours to get from 1-15.

WolvenOne

The game is largely solo until you reach, 14 I think, at which point you'll have to team up with other players to tackle dungeons.

In the mean time, you can use the party finder to recruit a bunch of other low level players to do Fates with you on the overworld. You should find the party finder under the, social menu I think it is. That or the party menu, I really should have this memorized by now. XD

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
You don't really start grouping until after the lvl 15 story quests. (the ones that have you go to each town)

Just tough it out until then, it should only take a couple hours to get from 1-15.

The game is largely solo until you reach, 14 I think, at which point you'll have to team up with other players to tackle dungeons.

In the mean time, you can use the party finder to recruit a bunch of other low level players to do Fates with you on the overworld. You should find the party finder under the, social menu I think it is. That or the party menu, I really should have this memorized by now. XD

Thanks. The game isn't so bad right now but... I want to play with others.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions

The main story takes you through 3 dungeons and a major boss fight between 14 and 20ish

Through those intervening quests you can access to several of the game features.

Retainer, Materia Creation, Grand Companies (by extension, Chocobo Mount)

WolvenOne

Wanting to play with others definitely isn't a bad thing in this game, and if you can recruit some people to do low level Fates with you, you'll be able to get upto level 15 more quickly, and get to the portion of the game where you're regularly interacting with other players.

Also, if you're in a low level area, and you see somebody putting together an Atma farming party, join immediately.

You're never going to be a futuristic MMO player until you group, but in this game your first group dungeon is at level 15. Keep leveling!

Korten

Banned
Just ran a full Stone Vigil dungeon run on my Vita through Remote Play and from my colleges internet. Went really well. :D

Despite people saying it isn't good to do dungeons through RP.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just ran a full Stone Vigil dungeon run on my Vita through Remote Play and from my colleges internet. Went really well. :D

Despite people saying it isn't good to do dungeons through RP.

I've always been able to run dungeons through RP.
I guess it just depends on your connection. Luckily I'm usually around a decent one anytime I am playing the Vita.

I've always been able to run dungeons through RP.
I guess it just depends on your connection. Luckily I'm usually around a decent one anytime I am playing the Vita.

It's not a connection issue for me, more of a hotbar placement. I can do story quests just fine, but for dungeons I need more than 1 hotbar and switching on Vita is painfully slow. I wouldn't feel comfortable doing that.

SkylineRKR

So finally hit Dragoon. I couldn't find the abilities, but had to equip the stone. And it seems to reset the hotbars, and I can only equip 3 cross class skills for now?

I expected the worst, going in the level 30 Lancer quest. But it was easy. And I was only level 30.

I died twice, due to his adds.

But the third time I killed him, as soon as he started to ramble about not losing I unlocked myself from him and went for his adds asap. Once they were dead I resumed doing what I did, just basic combo him to death. Didn't even need IR, Second Wind et al. I didn't heal.

Also, I did the manor dungeon. But how the fuck was I supposed to know you have to Return? Are there hints or am I missing something?

I do notice that things do become more tactical from level 30 onward. And I do have some problems with controller targeting costing valuable seconds, even though I use filters.

Also, I did the manor dungeon. But how the fuck was I supposed to know you have to Return? Are there hints or am I missing something?
You just hope someone in the dungeon has run it before, notices you're new and is nice enough to actually tell you instead of having you walk all the way back.

SkylineRKR

A guy did just that, for which I'm grateful. He wasn't an ass about it. But I didn't get a commendation even though I was doing a good job otherwise. Oh well, I've learnt something yet again. Can re-run it, telling another noob =)

I do need a kb though. The more I progress the more I feel its sort of required.

Noi

You don't /have/ to use Return, that's just one of the things people use to make that dungeon go by quicker. Nothing wrong with walking back to the entrance with your own two feet!

Hasney

You don't /have/ to use Return, that's just one of the things people use to make that dungeon go by quicker. Nothing wrong with walking back to the entrance with your own two feet!

Why, back in my day you had to do just that. With a sack of rocks on your back. And it was snowing indoors somehow!

I did that a couple of days ago, everyone returned and I thought they interacted with something to telephone onward. I was looking around all over and they were already in the next enemies before someone finally decided to tell me.

Yasae

Banned
93at3MR.jpg

Sigh.

Just going around trying to find info about 2.25 and ran into this

BkHcnjmCQAAxoit.png

Is this for real?? Now I can send my retainer to kill Titan or farm myth for me? This is awesome.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Three hours to get through Stone Vigil.
It was a nightmare.
Oh well. Guess I should come to terms with the idea that things will go wrong repeatedly from now on.

This happened to me today. I had no idea where everyone disappeared to.

I had the same trouble when I ran it. But there were 2 of us who were clueless and the other guy went and got a mob to attack us. So after they finally told me to return I couldn't do it. Turns out dying has the same effect...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Sigh, I've been doing 2-3 EX Titan tries each day (queuing takes ages) and I'm still far from beating it.
By far the most difficult fight in the game I've tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom