• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

In the event a free company master does not log in for 35 days (Earth time), ownership will be automatically transferred to another free company member, based upon the following criteria:
1. Members who have logged in within the past seven days
2. Higher-ranked members preferred
3. Senior members preferred

Dat pressure on Maple.

The difficulty of the following guildleves has been increased:
A Guest for Supper / Barley Legal / The Missing Merchant / It's Hard Being Moogle / Man the Ore / Rope a 'Lope / Run, Run Away / Woodcross Busydeal / Clearing Steer

Phew, good thing I've got all my classes to at least 30 now. I used those leves to power a few of my alt classes from ~17-30s without having to run the early dungeons over and over again. Those three were ridiculously easy XP.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
To be honest, I don't really get the appeal. I don't know why I'd want to make my higher level gear look like crappy gear. "I wish my allagan monk gear looked like darklight" said no one ever.

To be fair, the CT MNK gear looks like 1000x better than the new Allagan set!

Schuhu

Neo Member
To be honest, I don't really get the appeal. I don't know why I'd want to make my higher level gear look like crappy gear. "I wish my allagan monk gear looked like darklight" said no one ever.

The original warrior armor you get from the job quests looks definitely better than the black/red myth stuff

Aeana

Oh yeah, another thing about CT being useless: Coil has a new ilvl requirement and you're not getting that with Darklight gear.

The weekly myth cap was removed and they drop at a higher rate than before, and presumably from more places (since philosophy tomes no longer exist).

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
The allagan bow is ugly

Naw.

Leviathan bow looks neat though.

lbow.jpg

Jinko

Wow are they really going to make easy content easier. /sigh
I would hope that everybody expected to have to beat Twin to start on the new turns.

Well you'd think, but other MMOs no longer do these silly lock mechanics so maybe not /shrugs.

Either way it will be changed in the first patch :p

The weekly myth cap was removed and they drop at a higher rate than before, and presumably from more places (since philosophy tomes no longer exist).
Well, but considering Myth as being the new Philos, won't CT still be the best place to just get them?

Unless people want to just do 2000 myth worth of AK runs, god bless.

Ken

Wow are they really going to make easy content easier. /sigh

eh, doesn't bother me too much; not like the change was really directed towards endgame players anyways. it'll make my roulettes much smoother that's for certain.

Jinko

eh, doesn't bother me too much; not like the change was really directed towards endgame players anyways. it'll make my roulettes much smoother that's for certain.

True, but its kind of like an idiot free pass to other content now. (well more than before)

Anyone else think this:-
For the following duties and trials, each stack of the Echo will raise attributes by 10% up to a maximum of 50%. However, players will only receive the Echo after having battled enemies for three minutes prior to being incapacitated.

Will be abused.

I'm kind of looking forward to gardening, just wish we had private housing already.

Aeana

Well, but considering Myth as being the new Philos, won't CT still be the best place to just get them?

Unless people want to just do 2000 myth worth of AK runs, god bless.

It might give the highest amount, but it won't be the place with the least headache, and people tend to prefer variety. The point is that you won't have to run a single dungeon over and over, because they will come from lots more places.

Ken

True, but its kind of like an idiot free pass to other content now. (well more than before)

Might as well have them hit the walls quicker so they'll look for ways to better their play sooner.

Anyone else think this:-

Will be abused.

Hm, I don't know if I'd say it can be abused. It feels kind of like T2 enrage method; if you don't have the need to employ such types of tactics, you'll complete the encounter much more efficiently anyways.

Instead of spending 15 minutes trying to get max echo buff so I can snooze my way through the fight in the next 10 minutes, why not just complete it properly the first time in half the time lol.

Ken

ugh, masterworks healer armor is so very paladin-esque I'm bummed it's not actually for tanks. i guess that's what glamour is for...

Jinko

Wait .. I have to level a retainer for it to be of any use ...

I was kind of hoping it would be based on your own class levels.

Sounds like a lot of grind.

Ken

Wait .. I have to level a retainer for it to be of any use ...

I was kind of hoping it would be based on your own class levels.

i pretty much skipped over the venture stuff becuase I know I'm never using it.

elyetis

The problem is now I want I final fantasy mmo looking that way.

edit : speaking of visuals, I just read that dx11 version is now supposed to come after chinese release & first expansion ? that's quite a delay at that point. :/ But expansion this year mean now jobs and classes, which is something I'm really eager to see ( thought I doubt puppetmaster will be one of them /cry )

BadRNG

Hopefully they level really fast. It's bad enough their level resets everytime you change their class. But at least it's not like chocobos where you have to do the grind yourself.

My plan failed. :(
Yours and so many others. I can't count how many times I've interrupted people using return with a plummet. I will miss such shenanigans. (Also no more bubble hearth :() Guess we'll have to start doing the Kawa method and just jumping to our dooms.

When I reach endgame, will I begin to understand wtf everyone is saying here??
Maybe. This may help some too./

The glamour/masterwork stuff is all new this patch though.

I am not long out my first ever Pharos Sirus run (and my second HLDR).

Luckily when I explained I was new, the tank went out of their way to explain the fights to me and we got to Siren.

It took about 3-4 times to beat her but we did it :D. I'm happy they were patient enough with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom