• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

the race is oooon

If there were a race, we've already lost. Several groups on the server, and many, many more across the whole game have already cleared it. We're just going at our own pace, and I'm just happy we're making progress with the limited raid time we have.

Ken

If there were a race, we've already lost. Several groups on the server, and many, many more across the whole game have already cleared it. We're just going at our own pace, and I'm just happy we're making progress with the limited raid time we have.

well, of course you guys can't compete with people outside the FC (not sure why you were thinking that). i just meant with people in the FC.

and even if there wasn't an actual race, it's still entertaining to compare progress between groups in the fc. it'll be an imaginary race in my head!

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is a realistic thing to ask (since it's probably highly subjective) but I just started the game and need help picking a class. This is my first MMO so I have no background knowledge going into this.

I know for sure I don't want to be a support class because I don't want to be responsible for healing/buffing people and fuck it up and have people mad at me. I'm leaning toward a lancer at the moment (and Dragoon looks really cool for later down the line). Any recommendation for a new player?

I know I can't change classes a bunch later if I don't like something but I want to start the game on a good note at least.

Ken

Hey guys I'm not sure if this is a realistic thing to ask (since it's probably highly subjective) but I just started the game and need help picking a class. This is my first MMO so I have no background knowledge going into this.

I know for sure I don't want to be a support class because I don't want to be responsible for healing/buffing people and fuck it up and have people mad at me. I'm leaning toward a lancer at the moment. Any recommendation for a new player?

I know I can't change classes a bunch later if I don't like something but I want to start the game on a good note at least.

if you dont want responsibility for others just roll lancer, thaumaturge, or pugilist. lancers and pugilist get utility skills but no one ever wants you to use them for the utility!

my goal: type in fc chat more than tiduz

that's a fight no one wants to see

Aeana

well, of course you guys can't compete with people outside the FC (not sure why you were thinking that). i just meant with people in the FC.

and even if there wasn't an actual race, it's still entertaining to compare progress between groups in the fc.

Well, I don't really want to turn it into a race between FC members, because people get really salty when they start comparing their progress to people incessantly. And frankly, within the FC, I think we're unlikely to get it down first considering our schedule. And that's completely fine!

if you dont want responsibility for others just roll lancer, thaumaturge, or pugilist. lancers and pugilist get utility skills but no one ever wants you to use them for the utility!

Thanks. That narrows it down at least. Pugilist looks fun too....hmm well time go back and forth in my head between that and lancer until I give up and pick one!

Ken

Well, I don't really want to turn it into a race between FC members, because people get really salty when they start comparing their progress to people incessantly. And frankly, within the FC, I think we're unlikely to get it down first considering our schedule. And that's completely fine!

nothing wrong with a little friendly salt

race to two atma weapons go

oh wait, i already won

it's not a race when you're the only participant

Kronotech

GAF, I'm about to make my first iLVL 90 upgrade but I was thinking... as a MNK:

1. Should I put my myth into upgrading my relic first instead of going right into my iLVL90 gear?

2. Should I waste myth on iLVL90 gear or just go straight to coil and gear up?

BadRNG

my goal: type in fc chat more than tiduz
This is my biggest regret of going dps for T8. I can't type during the fight anymore. It is killing me inside. DPS always gotta be going all out, no wonder they never participate in the wonderful chats between healers/tanks. Why couldn't punch of had better geared dps?! Oh well, fight is fun at least. My only complaint is the crazy display lag with the ballistic missiles sometimes. People exploding when you are inside circle on your screen, or people surviving when someone heading towards circle is super far away (again on your screen).

I haven't spoiled myself on T9 yet, but hoping it's a mechanic fight like T7/T8 have been and not RNG hell like T6 was.

GAF, I'm about to make my first iLVL 90 upgrade but I was thinking... as a MNK:

1. Should I put my myth into upgrading my relic first instead of going right into my iLVL90 gear?

2. Should I waste myth on iLVL90 gear or just go straight to coil and gear up?
Weapon upgrade is pretty much always most important for dps. Unless you have access to the extreme primal weapons(unlikely if you haven't done coil), then go for zenithing your relic.

Not sure what your ilevel is, but if in the 70s you can start doing coil. I wouldn't use it as your only source for i90 gear since RNG can be unkind. Go for coil stuff but supplement with myth as you gain tomes doing other stuff.

Kronotech

Weapon upgrade is pretty much always most important for dps. Unless you have access to the extreme primal weapons(unlikely if you haven't done coil), then go for zenithing your relic.

Not sure what your ilevel is, but if in the 70s you can start doing coil. I wouldn't use it as your only source for i90 gear since RNG can be unkind. Go for coil stuff but supplement with myth as you gain tomes doing other stuff.

Alright I'll save for Relic upgrade. I'm iLVL79 right now. Can't get that damn eyepatch from CT to drop so I was going to use my myth to boost my head but I can wait. I'll start busting through the first two coils to at least get some nice bumps while I grind myth and sold on the side.

Thanks!

Cloudy

Banned

I know for sure I don't want to be a support class because I don't want to be responsible for healing/buffing people and fuck it up and have people mad at me. I'm leaning toward a lancer at the moment (and Dragoon looks really cool for later down the line). Any recommendation for a new player?

Archer.

This is my biggest regret of going dps for T8. I can't type during the fight anymore. It is killing me inside. DPS always gotta be going all out, no wonder they never participate in the wonderful chats between healers/tanks. Why couldn't punch of had better geared dps?! Oh well, fight is fun at least. My only complaint is the crazy display lag with the ballistic missiles sometimes. People exploding when you are inside circle on your screen, or people surviving when someone heading towards circle is super far away (again on your screen).

We used to poke so much fun at Yennaiv and Ragnar over this, dating all the way back to Titan hard mode. I still remember working to get that down in AK gear, moving out of everything...and there was Yen talking in FC chat, without a care in the world.

Now you get to feel our pain!!!

Aeana

We used to poke so much fun at Yennaiv and Ragnar over this, dating all the way back to Titan hard mode. I still remember working to get that down in AK gear, moving out of everything...and there was Yen talking in FC chat, without a care in the world.

Now you get to feel our pain!!!
Used to? I'm pretty sure we just did it today.

Managed to reach Level 35 before stopping for the night. I know what I'll be doing first thing I log in later today: Entering a Level 35 dungeon.

And speaking of dungeons, Brayflox....what a giant pain in the ass. The first barrier fight...we had to do that two or three times. The dungeon boss fight....fuck that shit. We had our Tank taking on the boss head on not caring about getting hit with dragon breath. Getting hit with Toxic vomit fucking sucked. It took at least five tries before we finally succeeded. I can honestly I never want to do that dungeon again

Managed to reach Level 35 before stopping for the night. I know what I'll be doing first thing I log in later today: Entering a Level 35 dungeon.

And speaking of dungeons, Brayflox....what a giant pain in the ass. The first barrier fight...we had to do that two or three times. The dungeon boss fight....fuck that shit. We had our Tank taking on the boss head on not caring about getting hit with dragon breath. Getting hit with Toxic vomit fucking sucked. It took at least five tries before we finally succeeded. I can honestly I never want to do that dungeon again

You had a bad team, Brayflox is awesome. Just run it with some better people next time.

I just did that and our healer got DCed in the middle of the dragon fight. After we died we got it down on the first time with the new healer. It really wasn't that annoying.

Really wish I knew how easy Brayflox Hard was to farm 2 weeks ago. Finally got enough to buy my first soldiery gear and I'm capped for the week. Bah!

At least this'll make the myth grind for Atma books a little easier - no more CT!
Kinda hoping the myth requirement for the books is nerfed in tonight's patch, though. But I know that's unlikely..

WolvenOne

Oh I love the original Brayflox. The bosses really aren't that tough once everyone understands the mechanics, but I will fully admit that one or two people not understanding them can make them pretty difficult.

Basically, you're at the part of the game where dungeons start asking a bit more out of the players. It's a bit of an adjustment at first, but once you make it the earlier dungeons seem a bit boring in comparison.

Ken

Really wish I knew how easy Brayflox Hard was to farm 2 weeks ago.

hope you're ready for 2.25 bray hm

ibyEIq9g5ovM5r.png

WolvenOne

Really wish I knew how easy Brayflox Hard was to farm 2 weeks ago. Finally got enough to buy my first soldiery gear and I'm capped for the week. Bah!

At least this'll make the myth grind for Atma books a little easier - no more CT!
Kinda hoping the myth requirement for the books is nerfed in tonight's patch, though. But I know that's unlikely..

It'd be nice if they lowered the Myth requirements slightly. I kinda want to rest for a week or two before starting up the grind for the Novus weapons whatever that is going to be.

I mean over all I've enjoyed this process, but, it's been a long grind even by my standards. XD

WolvenOne

why cant you just let me have this

Hey man, I'd be racing you, and there by giving you the win, but I don't have Relics for my DRG or PLD jobs yet.

I'll start on that as soon as I finish my Animus, which will hopefully be early next week.

Knock on wood.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Oh I love the original Brayflox. The bosses really aren't that tough once everyone understands the mechanics, but I will fully admit that one or two people not understanding them can make them pretty difficult.

Basically, you're at the part of the game where dungeons start asking a bit more out of the players. It's a bit of an adjustment at first, but once you make it the earlier dungeons seem a bit boring in comparison.
I'm about to run it for the first time...I don't think I'd dare use duty finder for that one, glad I can ask for FC help from you guys.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
LOL @ all DL Gear now being dyeable, almost everyone traded in their whole sets for seals

DAMN PvP will pick up for a few weeks so people can just buy the pieces to Glamour
Those sets do looks crazy good, wish those were Coil 2 Gears, you would so many people trying out Coil 2

Still trying to wonder why PvP gets this amazing styles, yet on the Dungeons/Raids side it's palette swaps or gear that looks a like =/

Encountered my first light party snag in Hankke Manor when our healer disconnected right at the beginning. I thought it would have been best to leave the duty and re-enter, but we managed to get another healer without leaving

Similar situation, also Haukke Manor. We started the dungeon and nobody seemed to be leading the way, so I said "So does anybody know exactly what to do?" and one of the DPS left - guess he didn't want to play with a newbie.

But the game got us another one within a few minutes and all was sorted.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Elaborate on that please.

Taking a guess here, might be you can combine materia to make better materia?

So get 2 Savage Aim III's and make a Savage Aim IV or some crazy shit like that

Can mix and match different Materia to see weird outcomes

Most likely will be a RNG factor to it, so you can try to combine 2 good materias and maybe get a elemental materia to fuck you over lol

Paprikka

Taking a guess here, might be you can combine materia to make better materia?

So get 2 Savage Aim III's and make a Savage Aim IV or some crazy shit like that

Can mix and match different Materia to see weird outcomes

Most likely will be a RNG factor to it, so you can try to combine 2 good materias and maybe get a elemental materia to fuck you over lol

If it lets us combine elemental resist materia for a chance at actual good materia though I'm all for it.

Mupod

So they hype us up for PVP changes to bring new players in, and all they do is make the gap between max rank and low rank even wider.

No balancing, no alleviation for the insane grind or reduction in rank/mark requirements, just 10 more ranks. Unless there's undocumented changes but they wouldn't change something that big and not mention it.

Patch up for download.

I'm guessing Materia Transmute is gambling. Destroy X materia for a random materia given this achieve: I Got a Good Materia Obtain a high-grade materia through transmutation.

Doesn't seem like a Grade 3 --> Grade 3 kind of thing.

Second: An issue wherein the game client would crash when opening the Fishing Log.

I knew it wasn't just #!@)#(!)_ me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom