• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
have you seen coil2 gear?

bought a bunch of cheap materia since i'm bored. let's see what you can get out of it.

Gonna waste 100K and see what I can get, if I get 2 Heaven's/Saveage IV's I make money lol

Drat...that means all the cheap materia i had for sale is gone now, oh well.

I want those artisan spectacles now since I can glamour them to any job now.

GraveRobberX

i threw in a bunch of IIs and got II back. i threw in a bunch of Is and only got I back. I threw in 1 II and 4 Is and only got a I back.

Well here we go:

5 Heaven's Eye I = QuickTounge Materia I
3 HE I & 2 HE II = Mind Materia I
1 QuickTounge I & 4 Mind I = Intelligence I
5 Mind I = INT II
5 MND II = Craftsman Competence II (LOL WTF?)
5 INT I = STR I
4 HE I & 1 INT I = Gatherer's Guerdon II (o_O?)
2 MND I + 1 STR I + I1 NT I + 1 VIT I = Fire I (Womp Womp)
5 Battledance I = Craftsman Competenece I
1 Fire I + 1 HE I + 3 MND I = Gatherer's Guile I
5 Piety I = QT I
1 QT I + 3 VIT I + 1 DEX I = STR I
5 Piety I = Gatherer's Guile I
5 VIT I = Water I
3 VIT I + WATER I + GG I = DEX I

FUCKING LAWL, welp that was 50K wasted to see this awesomeness
The Transmutation animation the Goblin done is cool, lol, the results not so much

Guessing the gamble will pay off down the line when Materia IV's will be needed to get Materia V's and VI's and this will be how it's introduced

daaaaamn this game is so addicting!
didn't play anything else since i started a week ago.
just reached lvl 25 with my thaumaturge and lvl 10 with my archer.
and i finally got my mount yesterday. don't know what's next, too much stuff to do. :)

Vashetti

Banned
This site has the PS3 version for £5.

Could I not simply buy that and use the game-time on my PS4 version?

Tempted to stack up if so. £5 is a great price.

oh my god. I felt so horrible earlier. So I'm basically new to MMO's and I'm going through the "Into a Copper Hell" main quest and I eventually get a party to traverse the mines with. Little did I know I accidentally had my chat box set to event instead of general for some reason.....This is usually fine until we came across that giant green slime monster who ended up killing two of my party members which included our tank. All that was left was me, an archer, and the guy who was a healer. This guy was practically yelling at me trying to tell me what to do so we could survive but I didn't see any of it until we were all ready done with the dungeon/mine area. I felt so bad because you could clearly tell he was getting furious that no one was responding to his advice since he all ready did the mission. Thankfully I survived, but lack of communication almost got us murdered.

Whomever you may be, I apologize for my insolence. I usually do my job very well and listen to all advice possible.

Hasney

This site has the PS3 version for £5.

Could I not simply buy that and use the game-time on my PS4 version?

Tempted to stack up if so. £5 is a great price.

You can, once if you have a PS3 to login to the game one time as well. The free 30 days is for the login for a new format, it doesn't have gametime in the box I believe.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
I'm confused about something and Googling has given me mixed answers.

Are bonus attribute points tied to the class or the character? If I change from a THM to a DRG will I be stuck with bonus int?

Looks like this new materia thing will be fun for a laugh at the most. I was hoping for something good, back to planning out materia purchases for my crafted gear.

Vashetti

Banned
You can, once if you have a PS3 to login to the game one time as well. The free 30 days is for the login for a new format, it doesn't have gametime in the box I believe.

Oh, right. So this would be useless to me then?

I've already bought the PS3 collector's edition back in the day, played it, and upgraded to the PS4 version recently for free.

GraveRobberX

yeah it's pretty whatevers lol. it was fun for about 10 minutes.

Crazy how stupid this is, it's just a materia depleting mechanic

I mean say VIT I goes for 500 gil, need 5, so 2500, if the return is roughly of that 1 Materia price (500), why on earth would you give up 2000 gil on the MB?

I bet you someone will make that ATMA pattern thing and try to make people put up ass loads of gils into stupid theorycrafting this

Spent roughly 50K, made back off the II's and I's (4 of them crafting/gathering), around 15K
So 35K in the hole for this experiment

I wasn't thinking this will be a trade in 5 I's and get an uber IV
This is worse than lottery, cause it's raffles + lottery into 1

Now I await a page or 2 where someone posts a screenshot of some 1 trading in 5 Fire I's and getting a Savage Aim IV or some shit lol

Hasney

Oh, right. So this would be useless to me then?

I've already bought the PS3 collector's edition back in the day, played it, and upgraded to the PS4 version recently for free.

That's a tricky one. I asked after the PS4 upgrade if I could get a further 30 days by registering a new PS3 copy since it's not on your format list after the upgrade. I don't think anyone knows yet.

SRTtoZ

Yea I sold a shit ton of Materia overnight, listed about 20 and made over 200k, and a lot of them were low level crap. Just did some spiritbonding for the past hour and got myself 5 decent III's so lets see how they sell.

Vashetti

Banned
That's a tricky one. I asked after the PS4 upgrade if I could get a further 30 days by registering a new PS3 copy since it's not on your format list after the upgrade. I don't think anyone knows yet.

Urgh, that's annoying.

Anyone else know?

£5 for 30 days is awesome.

On PC if you register 2 copy you get 2 separate ffxiv accounts (within the same seqx account), maybe is the same on console?

GraveRobberX

Urgh, that's annoying.

Anyone else know?

£5 for 30 days is awesome.

I don't think it's possible

I mean they say once you upgrade from PS3 to PS4 version, you can't use the PS3 version anymore
They state if you want both a PS3 version and PS4 version, you should buy a PS4 copy and then you have both versions

Right now for PS3/PS4 users to get an extra free 30 bonus days, they need to buy the PC version, and for PC same thing they can grab PS3 version then upgrade to PS4 or go directly to PS4

No way SE going to let you double dip and get bonus free time twice of same version, even though 1 version got "upgraded"

So hope for a seasonal steam sale and FFXIV is like $4.99-$7.49, that mean you get an extra 30 days for half the month or 2/3rd 's sub price as the PC version
(Which I will do most likely, to have my account also associated with)

On PC if you register 2 copy you get 2 separate ffxiv accounts (within the same seqx account), maybe is the same on console?

The subs don't overlap I'm guessing

Vashetti

Banned
I don't think it's possible

I mean they say once you upgrade from PS3 to PS4 version, you can't use the PS3 version anymore
They state if you want both a PS3 version and PS4 version, you should buy a PS4 copy and then you have both versions

Right now for PS3/PS4 users to get an extra free 30 bonus days, they need to buy the PC version, and for PC same thing they can grab PS3 version then upgrade to PS4 or go directly to PS4

No way SE going to let you double dip and get bonus free time twice of same version, even though 1 version got "upgraded"

So hope for a seasonal steam sale and FFXIV is like $4.99-$7.49, that mean you get an extra 30 days for half the month or 2/3rd 's sub price as the PC version
(Which I will do most likely, to have my account also associated with)

Thanks for the answer dude.

orion434

Well here we go:

5 Heaven's Eye I = QuickTounge Materia I
3 HE I & 2 HE II = Mind Materia I
1 QuickTounge I & 4 Mind I = Intelligence I
5 Mind I = INT II
5 MND II = Craftsman Competence II (LOL WTF?)
5 INT I = STR I
4 HE I & 1 INT I = Gatherer's Guerdon II (o_O?)
2 MND I + 1 STR I + I1 NT I + 1 VIT I = Fire I (Womp Womp)
5 Battledance I = Craftsman Competenece I
1 Fire I + 1 HE I + 3 MND I = Gatherer's Guile I
5 Piety I = QT I
1 QT I + 3 VIT I + 1 DEX I = STR I
5 Piety I = Gatherer's Guile I
5 VIT I = Water I
3 VIT I + WATER I + GG I = DEX I

FUCKING LAWL, welp that was 50K wasted to see this awesomeness
The Transmutation animation the Goblin done is cool, lol, the results not so much

Guessing the gamble will pay off down the line when Materia IV's will be needed to get Materia V's and VI's and this will be how it's introduced

This is terrible! I was thinking that this would be trade 5 I's and get a random II? Trading in II's and getting I's?! This doesn't do much but give a Materia Lottery... at the cost of 5 Materia. Kinda glad this is so bad... doesn't kill the I's market for Spiritbonding fodder.

GlamFM

Banned
Decided to give this a shot - my PS4 is downloading the collectors edition as a type this.

Any general advice for a newcomer? Anything I could screw up right at the beginning?

GraveRobberX

They really should have made this Materia Transmutation into some Parlay structure where, materia investment is worth it

It might look like gambling, but hell it would be way better than what we have

You start at w/e Tier, if you start @ Tier I Materia, you have to feed and hope you get lucky to jump up to next tier
Feeding the same Tier increases your shot of jumping up a Tier

So if you put VIT I for Transmutation, and keep feeding it I, you can feed maybe 1 or hell 10 just to reach Tier II
If you feed say Tier II materia, the odds get better
Repeat till IV

This way the elemental materias skyrocket and are now considered good commodity for players to parlay the risk to next tiers
Add in a bankrupt mechanic or loss of materia to keep it in check

Shit if you added a Mount, like a Goblin Chariot, and needed to hit Tier IV from Tier I like 50 times, materia market would be insanely crazy, and Spiritbonding players will rake in dough, hell would make others go SB too!

GraveRobberX

Yeah. Pretty sure it'll be paid.

Still a year+ away from it
We still got an ungodly amount of patches to go through

Guessing 2.5 will be last patch with last part of CT

Will be 3 Coils, Turns 1-4 and 3 CT's, Basement/Ground Floor/Penthouse

Cool, so all classes work?

Unless your really into Min/Maxing, all classes are viable

It's not like FFXI where races did hamper certain combinations
Like a Galka Mage was not the perfect Choice

There's a few +/- to each race and their stats, but nothing game breaking, only the min/max players try to stray to the right race + class & job

GraveRobberX

Damn 2 hours to go until I can get my Balloon Chair mount

I'll miss the Kobolds tribe, they were awesome!
Making Adventurer's go become Suicide Bombers was a fun experience

i bet those people buying up all the materia last night feel like idiots

Well on reddit, the theory is you can mix and match the same tiers of materia to get a different type
So IV elemental swaps will be most intriguing now

It's wasteful for other tiers

You can get lucky and go from a tier below to above, and most likely vise versa

Damn 2 hours to go until I can get my Balloon Chair mount

I'll miss the Kobolds tribe, they were awesome!
Making Adventurer's go become Suicide Bombers was a fun experience
It was fun

Until I got to rank 3 and those assholes started asking me to do those 2 bloody fates and that transporting quest that makes you go through that story fate that people aren't often doing so you get focused by that fucking boss and can't fucking finish it, fuck that shit give me my mount and never talk to me again you illiterate rat/possum things

Specially you, 789th Order Acolyte Ba Go, you needy piece of shit

GraveRobberX

Specially you, 789th Order Acolyte Ba Go, you needy piece of shit

HAHA!

That mofo sure loved his Bomb Cores

Lucky for me people were Atma farming hard on Fate mobs, so I would smack it 3-5 times and move on, get gold and item, had stockpile of all those tokens needed for turn ins
Today is last day, finally will get back 5 inventory spaces cause they won't be needed anymore

The Sahagin's ones are gonna be annoying, I can feel it, only have 2 or 3 token for those fates, so most likely will have to solo or camp those FATE's when the time comes

Cool that Ixali are the last Beast Tribe to be added into the fold and some bonus given when 2.3 drops

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Materia is cleaned the fuck out on the Market Board, HAHA!
Elemental Materias IV for 90K... LOLWUT!?!

Yep, looks like Spiritbonding is back as Gil Maker,Fuck me, these prices are ABSURD!

Save up your shitty elemental III's and IV's and trade them in for at least a chance at a 30-90K good Materia, so Transmutation did it's thing, removed all traces of shitty materia

GOOD LORD!, the market just got ransacked

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
You stare at your avatar for so long, you want it to look good, unless you like playing 1st person mode
this right here is why I rarely play the "standard" male character.. give me some goofy race, or attractive female models, or whatever.. if I do play a male, it's either because the race/model actually brings something different, or it fits with the character I see myself playing (so far though really only my smuggler in SWTOR). One of the biggest reasons I went Horde for ALL 10 YEARS of WoW. I think the only notable MMO human males I've made are Ultima Online and SWTOR (I also count fantasy dwarves as human because in most cases they basically are)

Sophia

If you did the PS4 upgrade, then no PS3 version exists upon your account, which means you should be able to add a PS3 version license to the account and get an additional 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom