• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Some of the best looking gear is pvp gear :/ that kind of sucks I like how the monk gear looks.

it's unique for sure but best looking? of course, looks is completely subjective which explains you liking that ugly strike freedom.

i kid

WolvenOne

Well, if you can grab low level materia and combine it to make high level materia, then I'd say combine it yourself and hold onto it until the next time there's a big materia market boom. It probably won't ever be as valuable as it was at the beginning of this patch, but still.

Shame they didn't reduce the price of the Animus Books. If they had reduced it to 1000 Tomes per book, I could've finished the grind before this week's through without TOO much trouble.

At 1.5K, it's going to be early next week, best case. About to start Book 6, three more to go after that. :p XD

Keylow415

it's unique for sure but best looking? of course, looks is completely subjective which explains you liking that ugly strike freedom.

i kid

I think so definitely the monk gear. I think some of the monk gear is really ugly like the soldiery monk gear is really ugly to me

WolvenOne

I'm about to run it for the first time...I don't think I'd dare use duty finder for that one, glad I can ask for FC help from you guys.

If you're running it tomorrow evening and happen to be on Ultros, gimme a call. I need to run the original Brayflox to finish my current Animus Book.

Granted, in addition to server and time, you also may not actually need a Tank. XD

WolvenOne

You can transmute 5 materia for a new one (random i think).

Hmmm, if so it's still quite useful. Both times I leveled up new classes I walked away with a heaping handul of low level materia that didn't sell for much, and wasn't much use for me, even if I could meld it. So, having the option to toss it in a blender and get something better out of it is, worthwhile, even if it is RNG based.

Still only nibbling at the core problem though. They really have to start letting people meld Materia to non-crafted armor at some point. Heck, even if they only gave a single slot, only to accessories, and overmelding didn't work, it'd still be worthwhile to slap on whatever Materia you could.

Anybody that was ever ten accuracy away from the cap in the latest Coil, knows EXACTLY what I'm talking about here. :p

Sioen

How exactly do you level up another class? I did most of the side quests already on my main. Just dungeons and leves?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
How exactly do you level up another class? I did most of the side quests already on my main. Just dungeons and leves?

Dungeons, leves, FATEs, hunting log, daily roulettes are particularly useful, even the guildhest roulette, exp payouts are crazy.

2Llti7jl.jpg

T7 cleared today! Hopefully, we'll start wiping to T8 tomorrow.

BLCKATK

Geez no balancing updates for PvP, just the new ranks? Man I guess the armor will breathe some new life into it but it still is very stale to me. Hell, I don't know what things they could change to make the arena combat less stale, I think Frontlines is really the only thing that has a chance of being kinda fun.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Lodestone doesn't work on my phone, no changes to Atma drop rates? I had a faint bit of hope still left :(

There's a reason why the delayed the next weapon upgrades till May and not release the next upgrade now along side 2.25, most likely making the weapons go up to ilvl105

So you would have LeviMirriored @ilvl100, Novus @ilvl105, Gerolt Goodies @ilvl110 (fully upgraded), and High Allagan @ilvl115

So many people still are slowly going through Atma farming should have made the devs refix all issues, but they would rather let this grind prolong and fix the next parts, so people don't see a hurdle, just a small nuisance

Ken

So many people still are slowly going through Atma farming should have made the devs refix all issues, but they would rather let this grind prolong and fix the next parts, so people don't see a hurdle, just a small nuisance

There are no issues, only endless hours of fun!

dcye

many people still are slowly going through Atma farming should have made the devs refix all issues, but they would rather let this grind prolong and fix the next parts, so people don't see a hurdle, just a small nuisance

27 hours, 2 atma, 1 noose at the ready.

Taruranto

New pvp gears look neat, but they are gated behind rank 40 in pvp, so meh.

New materia system could be interesting, but it won't change much since crafting gear still are useless. Overall pretty meh patch, unless they stealth-fixed shit like end-bosses of HM dungeons not giving anything if you are capped. The best addition is the ability to check the book while mounted lol. Then again, I wasn't expecting much.

GraveRobberX

27 hours, 2 atma, 1 noose at the ready.

I didn't even go after any of the atmas, was just running doing my daily beastmen quest in Outer LaNoscea, did 1 FATE, got Atma of Lion or some shit
I was like this was easy

Tried Eastern Thanalan for 2 days, 0 drops, just said "Fuck it, I'll wait"

There are no issues, only endless hours of fun!

Well you have the delight of panty raiding while farming for Atmas, others don't

Alex

Yeah, I really feel like PvP needs to go, this is just a waste of resources. Yoshida seems to have no idea what he's doing with this and it just feels like a misguided "MMO staples" checkbox he's trying to keep ticked.

WolvenOne

New pvp gears look neat, but they are gated behind rank 40 in pvp, so meh.

New materia system could be interesting, but it won't change much since crafting gear still are useless. Overall pretty meh patch, unless they stealth-fixed shit like end-bosses of HM dungeons not giving anything if you are capped. The best addition is the ability to check the book while mounted lol. Then again, I wasn't expecting much.

Hey man, dye able Dark-light gear. Vanity gamechanger! XD

Seriously though, seeing as they seem to be moving towards something akin to small monthly content patches, with much larger content patches every three months, yeah, wasn't expecting too much in this patch.

Still, Coil Echo's upto 15%, there's a couple small quality of life updates, and I'm still not giving up on a stealth adjustment of the Atma drop rate.

So overall it's a worthwhile patch. Just wish they could've implemented it a bit faster. Long maintenance bites.

Edit: Also the Materia Transmuting thing will help, it just doesn't address the core issue, and won't until they start allowing at least a limited number of Materia slots on non-crafted armor. Heck, even 1 Materia slot per accessory, with no overmelding, would do the trick. As is, Materia's only useful toward Crafting and for progression groups, during the first few weeks of a new patch. That's too much of a niche to make Materia that much of a factor in the in-game economy.

WolvenOne

I also make sure to not burn myself out with more than 2 or 3 hours of continuous Atma farming in a single spot or day, but sure, keep on sniping away.

This is good advice in general. Unless you are heavily grind resistant, don't go overboard.

WolvenOne

Biggest disappointment of this patch, Cerbearus Armor.

I was considering starting the slow grind necessary to get some of the better looking armors, so I could vanity them outside PvP. But not only would job specific armor bar me from going after the Leo Armor, but the two headed bear armor just looks absurd.

Sorry Mupod, I know, this is your thing, but I don't even like bears. XD

SRTtoZ

Its sort of sad that they spent all this time making cool looking gear for a part of the game hardly anyone plays.

GraveRobberX

I knew ATMA would turn the community against one another.

WTFUx at the PvP gear, fuck?! That shit is awesome as fuck!!

Look at how much time they put into those sets, given them an animal theme, then working out the style and differentiating them for each class
All 9 Classes/Job stand the fuck out

Wish they would do so for end game side too

Coil 3 Turn 1-4 better bring some new style or fuck sakes go back to making gear sets for each class/job not look like a copy paste job

I will be going after that Bear set
Time to drop that WAR Crystal, and MRD through PvP

GraveRobberX

So they get people to play it?

Alot of players are big on looks... don't ask me why tho.

You stare at your avatar for so long, you want it to look good, unless you like playing 1st person mode

Even with Glamours, there's only a finite amount of choice, some people will create cool sets, that others will copy or create something just so they stand out more

I have the Behemoth Helm Glamoured due to it fitting nicely with Noct Body + the FFXIII Event Axe
You stand out more
Certain people you get to know just due to their glmaours

Some are awesome, some are just train-wrecks, but if the person enjoys looking at that, why fault them

Resilient

there's no way I'm playing PvP that much for those sets, just to glamour them. I'm not saying don't make them PvP exclusive - just give something equally cool looking to people who don't play PvP.

IMBored

So guys I'm going to be getting to level 50 today, what should I focus from there? I still have a lot of the main story to finish, but after that what are the new dungeons that unlock, and what gear should I focus on getting. I was at mor dhona yesterday and from what I've seen the meager philosophy tomes I got from beast quest so far aren't enough for anything.
Btw is it just me, or are the three tome "vendors" meant to represent the ffx2 chicks?

SRTtoZ

So guys I'm going to be getting to level 50 today, what should I focus from there? I still have a lot of the main story to finish, but after that what are the new dungeons that unlock, and what gear should I focus on getting. I was at mor dhona yesterday and from what I've seen the meager philosophy tomes I got from beast quest so far aren't enough for anything.
Btw is it just me, or are the three tome "vendors" meant to represent the ffx2 chicks?

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/21x998/so_you_just_hit_level_50_in_patch_22/

That should take care of it mostly.

Semper88

You stare at your avatar for so long, you want it to look good, unless you like playing 1st person mode

Even with Glamours, there's only a finite amount of choice, some people will create cool sets, that others will copy or create something just so they stand out more

I have the Behemoth Helm Glamoured due to it fitting nicely with Noct Body + the FFXIII Event Axe
You stand out more
Certain people you get to know just due to their glmaours

Some are awesome, some are just train-wrecks, but if the person enjoys looking at that, why fault them

I can feel where its coming from, looking at my warrior is like looking at a oversized trashcan..

wapplew

I've been your stage two days ago. Base on my experience, I say finish main scenario, get your gear to ilv 55 and start farming Bray HM.

GraveRobberX

So I was visiting BG, this person had a nice aggregate of Patch info that has been released to the public

It's interesting how things will be unfolding for the next 2 months

2.25 (April 24)
-PvP rank cap increase to 40
-Addition of PvP "animal" equipment
-New materia system

2.28 (May)
-Saga of the Zodiac weapons continuation

2.3 (late June)
-Crystal Tower (Part 2)
-Ixal Beast Tribe daily quests, bonus for maxing all five beast tribes
-New main scenario, starring Yda and focusing on Gridania/Sylphs/Ramuh, possible tie-ins with Ishgard
-Ramuh primal battles
-Saga of the Zodiac weapons continuation (completion?)
-Hildibrand storyline continuation
-PvP content: Front Lines*
-New GC ranks/exchange items*
-Ability to queue for DF with companion active*

*Targeted for 2.3, not finalized

Source: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120812-F.A.T.E.-in-Tokyo-4-26-4-27?p=6088124&viewfull=1#post6088124

So Atma Upgrade delay really did push back a couple of things for us
Was guessing 2.3 for late May as a helper for people and give them a 3rd option for ilvl105-110 Gear (Maybe AF2 Set, Weekly Lock Out)

So June push-back, most likely will be after E3, so Mid/Late June by then most people should have Turn 9 on farm status or are quitting till next Coil which should be 2.4 in August/September for 1 year Anniversary

WolvenOne

So I was visiting BG, this person had a nice aggregate of Patch info that has been released to the public

It's interesting how things will be unfolding for the next 2 months

Source: http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/120812-F.A.T.E.-in-Tokyo-4-26-4-27?p=6088124&viewfull=1#post6088124

So Atma Upgrade delay really did push back a couple of things for us
Was guessing 2.3 for late May as a helper for people and give them a 3rd option for ilvl105-110 Gear (Maybe AF2 Set, Weekly Lock Out)

So June push-back, most likely will be after E3, so Mid/Late June by then most people should have Turn 9 on farm status or are quitting till next Coil which should be 2.4 in August/September for 1 year Anniversary

2.28 is likely the patch for bringing Coil Echo upto 20‰, so it's only a two week push back, supposedly for balancing. I don't even a two week delay changing things much.

ThinFinn

I'm playing on Ultro, l would say latency is around 200-350ms. It's quite noticeable.
If you serious about high level end game stuff, it's not a good idea to transfer. Not because of latency but time zone.

Maybe you can create a new character and try it yourself?

I thought a fresh char at lower levels wouldn't be indicative of end game content. Might even struggle with weights from Titan ex...

325ms. It's crazy amount of lag for Titans and stuff.

If you're interested I'm in an FC in Masamune (JP Server). It's a pretty lax FC, while most of them are doing Bahamut there's people like me just treating it like a glorified IRC chat.. Just PM me if interested.

Open to other GAF members as well.

Welp, guess I will be remaining here on Tonberry for the time being. Thanks for the offer though, might take you up on it someday.

N.A

Banned
Wow. All the cheap materia went so fast xD

System is basically: trade any 5 materia for a random new one.

Edit: the materia you receive seems to be the same tier as you put in (not sure about using different tiers yet). I just bought 5 water materia iv's for 2k each and got a craftman's command iv which goes for 120k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom