• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

Decided to give this a shot - my PS4 is downloading the collectors edition as a type this.

Any general advice for a newcomer? Anything I could screw up right at the beginning?

Races don't matter and neither does your starter class. What I mean is yea you get to start playing that class at the beginning of the game but once you hit level 10 you can switch to any of the classes by joining their guild and equipping that type of weapon. Join Ultros if you want to be part of the GAF Free company (guild).

And if you end up on Ultros and need tips/help etc just send me a tell "Aeydan Brightside"

I just want to say that this game is brilliant. I've not been obsessed with a game like this in years. Currently have a 31THM, and a 14ACN as I work towards SMN. So good.

Jayhawk

Damn new materia system. I will have to wait for the materia market to settle down before I max out the melds on my Alchemist's gear, so I can make HQ Terminus Putty.

Hasney

If you did the PS4 upgrade, then no PS3 version exists upon your account, which means you should be able to add a PS3 version license to the account and get an additional 30 days.

Yeah, that's my theory, but it is only a theory.

Very tempted to try that PS3 for £5 dealie in the name of science.

I just want to say that this game is brilliant. I've not been obsessed with a game like this in years. Currently have a 31THM, and a 14ACN as I work towards SMN. So good.

Yup, so much so that it made me curious about 1.0 so I started looking for a server emulator for it. One exists, but I then saw footage of the gamplay and to call it "janky" would be too kind. Amazing what this reboot has done.

Tash

I seriously apologize if this was answered already but it's hard to find specific information -.-

I have and play the PC version but since I got a PS4 I am seriously considering getting a cheap PS3 version then upgrade it to PS4 for some living room setup (and possible Vita book farming..)

a) is this possible?
b) would I be able to use the same account cross-platform?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How many Wolf Marks do you get from PvP matches in general?

Winning nets you 50-60 Marks and 30-40 XP
Losing nets you 10-20 Marks and 10XP

There is the bonus from Challenge log that gives you an extra 400 XP for your PvP level
Do 10 matches - 200 PvP XP
Win 3 Matches - 200 PvP XP

SRTtoZ

I seriously apologize if this was answered already but it's hard to find specific information -.-

I have and play the PC version but since I got a PS4 I am seriously considering getting a cheap PS3 version then upgrade it to PS4 for some living room setup (and possible Vita book farming..)

a) is this possible?
b) would I be able to use the same account cross-platform?

Yes, people have been doing the upgrade that way. You can play on PC and on PS4 whenever you want, same account, same characters, only 1 subscription.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Ugh, I hate when fates spawn right where my quest targets are, especially in tight corners, especially with aggressive mobs around to begin with.

...Yeah, that's beast tribe daily in a nutshell.

Winning nets you 50-60 Marks and 30-40 XP
Losing nets you 10-20 Marks and 10XP

There is the bonus from Challenge log that gives you an extra 400 XP for your PvP level
Do 10 matches - 200 PvP XP
Win 3 Matches - 200 PvP XP
Welp, seems like getting those new PVP sets will take a looooong while since a full set is like 20000 marks

GraveRobberX

The better PvP gear you have the better chance at at survivability

Morale is a key stat that plays a huge role

There are 3 sets, 1 is crafted and the starter set ilvl55, then the second is the ilvl70 set, then the last is the ivll90 set

There are a fuckton of pieces needed to be a good winnable PvP players
If you get 4 players that are Morale+ in the department, you are fucked

Those who invested endless hours to 30 get to enjoy the grind to 40
Everyone else is catch up and sooner or later you'll run into these people and will be at a disadvantage until you get your own set

Also DF PvP Solo groups take for fucking ever to form
Light Party is the way to go, so you need to rely on 3 other invested players to work with you

Matches end quicker than the damn queue takes to take you into a match, even as a Tank/Healer

I guess I'll just queue up as a healer and hope for the best.

I don't care about rank 40, I just really want the gear. As long as I can glamour them in, I'm set.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
My MNK is finally over 4000 HP without Echo after a particularly productive CT run last night. Feels good. Should have my Sphairai Zenith tonight, then on to Atma farming! Oh boy!

supergiz

Anyone else having trouble with launcher after maintenance?

It status on waiting for login screen to show up then error message cannot connect to server within the time limit

Zalasta

Sounds like the new materia transmutation is only good for turning tier III and IV elemental resistance materia into something more useful. Since there isn't too big of a gap in price difference across tier I and II, and they are still used widely to help spiritbond faster regardless of what kind they are.

Frazley

Weird question, is it possible to get the PC version without logging in? I have a Mac and want to buy the PC for the free 30 days.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Weird question, is it possible to get the PC version without logging in? I have a Mac and want to buy the PC for the free 30 days.

umm.. I can't verify this, but could it be possible to buy it on Steam, view your CD key and input that code on mog station?

edit - though this seems weird as I can't find a way that the PC version would be as cheap as just buying a 60 day game card. Unless you mean buy the PC CE version.

The PS3/4 versions only need the login because you're tying the game with your PSN ID. PC version is handled exclusively on Mogstation. You just need to buy a key and validate on the website.

Welp, seems like getting those new PVP sets will take a looooong while since a full set is like 20000 marks

Missing a 0 on the end of that :p. It really depends on if you want to get into the lvl 50 bracket or not as to how many marks it will cost. Without some ilvl 90 pvp pieces you will get absolutely destroyed in any bracket above 30/40, to get those however it costs 70k marks in all for every piece. The full set of ilvl 100 gear is more like 100k marks for all the pieces(they range from like 5k something, all the way up to 12k for weps/chest/legs).

This isn't a small grind that can be done in the span of a few weeks either. They want these 10 ranks and their gear to last well into 2.3 and frontlines where they hope not that many will have the higher end gear and just blast through teams.

Frazley

umm.. I can't verify this, but could it be possible to buy it on Steam, view your CD key and input that code on mog station?

edit - though this seems weird as I can't find a way that the PC version would be as cheap as just buying a 60 day game card. Unless you mean buy the PC CE version.

Yeah, your right. I will add it to my wishlist for if it goes on sale. ;) Thanks for your help.

The PS3/4 versions only need the login because you're tying the game with your PSN ID. PC version is handled exclusively on Mogstation. You just need to buy a key and validate on the website.

That's good to know.

Alucrid

Banned
Missing a 0 on the end of that :p. It really depends on if you want to get into the lvl 50 bracket or not as to how many marks it will cost. Without some ilvl 90 pvp pieces you will get absolutely destroyed in any bracket above 30/40, to get those however it costs 70k marks in all for every piece. The full set of ilvl 100 gear is more like 100k marks for all the pieces(they range from like 5k something, all the way up to 12k for weps/chest/legs).

This isn't a small grind that can be done in the span of a few weeks either. They want these 10 ranks and their gear to last well into 2.3 and frontlines where they hope not that many will have the higher end gear and just blast through teams.

derp

Isn't each piece of the new gear between 7000 and 17000 marks, though?

Number45

Man, takes me forever to catch up with this thread on patch days. :'(

I switched over to pugilist to keep going on archer quests, could anyone help me with the way the skills have positional bonuses? It seems like the first two have bonuses from the rear, and the third has a bonus from the side. But do people really constantly circle-strafe enemies to get those bonuses, or is it just as well to attack from front and use positional bonuses when they're apparent? I couldn't tell how big the bonuses were or if they were worth all the spinning in circles, ha.
Took me ages before I realised this - I just assumed all melee DPS = at the back as in WoW. They must have hated me, I didn't stay still trying to get them to the back. :p

I'm about to run it for the first time...I don't think I'd dare use duty finder for that one, glad I can ask for FC help from you guys.
Brayflox is EASY. Qarn however... (fortunately you can ignore it if you want to).

I think I enjoy each new dungeon more than that last. Did Qarn with an FC team and it was mostly smooth (aside from not DPS'ing the bees quickly enough, but I managed to withstand most of the hits), but that's going to be fun when I pop it in DR. :eek:

Isn't each piece of the new gear between 7000 and 17000 marks, though?

Only looked at it briefly but pretty sure accs were like 5-6k each and then everything else is between 8.5-12.5k. So in other words it comes out to about 100k marks for the full ilvl 100 set.

To put it in perspective, I spent 2 months and had an 820/1432 win/match ratio when I finally hit r30. In those 2 months I got roughly 65k marks which couldn't even finish off the ilvl 90 set(lacking 2 accs). This was all playing anywhere between 10-50 games a day in the end when I was finishing my grind, along with anywhere between 2-15min wait times as a ranged dps(bard).

Qarn is not optional. It's optional at first but you're going to have to do it to progress with the story post lvl 50.
Only looked at it briefly but pretty sure accs were like 5-6k each and then everything else is between 8.5-12.5k. So in other words it comes out to about 100k marks for the full ilvl 100 set.

To put it in perspective, I spent 2 months and had an 820/1432 win/match ratio when I finally hit r30. In those 2 months I got roughly 65k marks which couldn't even finish off the ilvl 90 set(lacking 2 accs). This was all playing anywhere between 10-50 games a day in the end when I was finishing my grind, along with anywhere between 2-15min wait times as a ranged dps(bard).
Hmm doesn't seem that bad.

For the record, I only want the PVP gear for vanity so I don't need accessories and the like :p

dramatis

Hahaha

No
Missed opportunity for the Hyur gif.

Qarn is not optional. It's optional at first but you're going to have to do it to progress with the story post lvl 50.

Hmm doesn't seem that bad.

For the record, I only want the PVP gear for vanity so I don't need accessories and the like :p
The problem is if you want to win and get more marks quickly, you have to buy the lower tiers first and play in the 50 bracket. The number of marks you need is actually higher than the cost of the new gear. Unless you want to stay in the lower brackets forever, but even then you'll be up against higher and higher ranks and more hardcore pvpers.

GraveRobberX

YAY Kobold Trusted!

Rank 4

New Mount Get!
gVvzJEyl.jpg

Awesome!

GraveRobberX

i got the better mount

http://abload.de/img/screenshot2014-04-241oyc38.png[img][/QUOTE]

Pfft, you can take your Platypus and go drown it in the ocean behind you

Fucking Sahagin Inter-Gene Mixing

I start the grind for it tomorrow ; ;

Gonna miss my Kobold Buddies =/
That ending mission was fucking amazing, the Good Kobolds are Badass

The Sylph 1 sucked ass, the Amal'Jaa was decent, Kobold holds top spot for a good ending to their story arc
Now I await to see how the Fishmen and their stealing of seashells and barnacle washing is

Sylphs were fucking hell. I gave up halfway when I heard that the final quest is a fucking transporting mission throughout the entire Sylphlands. Fuck. that. You can keep your Gobbue and shove it this and that one's ass.

Taruranto

How did people get the Kobol's reward already? ._. I think I did them everyday and I'm at 382/510.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

Materia is cleaned the fuck out on the Market Board, HAHA!
Elemental Materias IV for 90K... LOLWUT!?!

Yep, looks like Spiritbonding is back as Gil Maker,Fuck me, these prices are ABSURD!

Save up your shitty elemental III's and IV's and trade them in for at least a chance at a 30-90K good Materia, so Transmutation did it's thing, removed all traces of shitty materia

GOOD LORD!, the market just got ransacked

I don't think it will last much, honestly. It's far too random, people will get tired soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom