• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Could any controller-using SMNs help me out and post their hotbar configuration? I have SMN50 due to levelling SCH, but I have no idea how to play it and am only just learning now. (Seems a waste to use all my caster gear on BLM only.) Anyway, the first hurdle is working out where to put all these skills...

Aeana

I just transitioned the sahagin and kobolds to the third rank the other day, so I have a ways before they're maxed, but I'm sticking with raising them evenly so I'll be done sooner overall. Willpower~

Has there been any additions to pvp to make it not awful anymore?

Yep got this fancy animal gear and 10 more ranks that take more xp than the first 30.

ps.
they did absolutely nothing of value, queue times are still 10+mins and balance is just as bad as it's always been and it will only get worse in the 50 bracket as people start getting the new r30+ gear and facerolling nubs even more.

Aeana

Yep got this fancy animal gear and 10 more ranks that take more xp than the first 30.

ps.
they did absolutely nothing of value, queue times are still 10+mins and balance is just as bad as it's always been and it will only get worse in the 50 bracket as people start getting the new r30+ gear and facerolling nubs even more.
So how excited are you?

So how excited are you?

For now it's not a terrible thing since the animus grind is done for the next month, need something to work on lol.

Also found out from the pvp ls that to vanity the new pvp gear, you are required to be at the rank to use it. So no trying to vanity that r38 chest when you're sub r20.

Taruranto

ps.

Reminder that
ballista was better

WolvenOne

Hmm, sounds like the Materia Transmution system needs some work, ie, is far too random to be of any real use. Granted, I can understand why they wouldn't want to make it too easy to get top tier Materia, but people won't use it if they don't have a reasonable expectation of getting something useful out of it.

ps.

HE HAS ARRIVED

Soi-Fong

Are you not allowed to sub until your trial is done? I just plan on subbing every month but I really want to get that appearance changing potion already.

Number45

Are you not allowed to sub until your trial is done? I just plan on subbing every month but I really want to get that appearance changing potion already.
You can add your payment details to your account, but you won't get the item until they take the first payment (at least that's what happened to me).

Axl

Could any controller-using SMNs help me out and post their hotbar configuration? I have SMN50 due to levelling SCH, but I have no idea how to play it and am only just learning now. (Seems a waste to use all my caster gear on BLM only.) Anyway, the first hurdle is working out where to put all these skills...

This is what I use:

R2:
X Ruin
S Bio 2
T Miasma
C Bio
D Aetherflow
L Energy Drain
U Fester
R Bane

L2:
X Ruin 2
S Shadowflare
T Rouse/Spur macro
C Raging Strikes
D Contagion
L Enkindle
U Virus/E4E macro
R Obey

R2+L2
X Psysick
S Tri-disaster
T Limit Break
C Miasma 2
D Heel
L Place
U Away
R Sic

L2+R2
X Blizzard 2
S Swiftcast
T Sprint
C Resurrection/Swiftcast macro
D Sustain
L Garuda
U Titan
R Mount

I just transitioned the sahagin and kobolds to the third rank the other day, so I have a ways before they're maxed, but I'm sticking with raising them evenly so I'll be done sooner overall. Willpower~

I'm also doing both at once. It's more efficient to do both at once, instead of getting one in 30 days you get both in 45 days.

So just started this on ps4 last night. Initially controller is awful for this, took me a few hours to get used to. Game seems like it's mainly full of soloing so far (apart from fates) any kind of guild or group going here?

Wilsongt

*skims the patch notes*

Yeah, new gear for Wolves Den is all well and good, except it's hard to rank up if you are just starting given the fact that hardly anyone does it anymore for DF.

You can dye darklight gear. :O

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
You can dye darklight gear. :O

Saw some crazy combinations of DL Gear getting dyed

Saw a full White DL PLD, it looked OK, almost like the PvP set

I'm waiting for the rainbow color, color clash characters with DL gear on
Red Helmet, yellow body, blue legs, purple feet, a fucked up skittles assortment run- a-muck aka GIJOE Chars!

Wilsongt

Saw some crazy combinations of DL Gear getting dyed

Saw a full White DL PLD, it looked OK, almost like the PvP set

I'm waiting for the rainbow color, color clash characters with DL gear on
Red Helmet, yellow body, blue legs, purple feet, a fucked up skittles assortment run- a-muck aka GIJOE Chars!

I wouldn't mind dying some of the DL stuff red (except that shitty, shitty cowl. Fuck that thing), to go along with the crimson vest. The DL gloves for casters/healers are niiiiiice.

aceface

The new pvp gear is cool except for the SMN/SCH ones that look damn ridiculous. Good thing I have no motivation to do pvp to get them.

Similar to the question above, I'm a WHM main (almost level 42, hoping to hit 50 this weekend.), but I'm trying to level Scholar a bit as well. Any tips on hotbaring the abilities to a controller for a Scholar. I was doing good with ACN, and WHM is not problem, but the amount of abilities is getting overwhelming at this point for my Scholar.

Also any macros that you suggest? How do I utilize that fairy commands best as a scholar?

Kenai

It's definitely worth it to level them both at the same time for efficiency purposes. And since in 2.3
there's some kind of extra reward for having all 5 "current" tribes at Max rank
I want to get them all taken care of so I can focus more on other stuff.

Aeana

It's definitely worth it to level them both at the same time for efficiency purposes. And since in 2.3
there's some kind of extra reward for having all 5 "current" tribes at Max rank
I want to get them all taken care of so I can focus more on other stuff.
I didn't know that sort of reward was happening. Certain people are gonna regret slacking off on the previous beast tribe quests!

Kenai

So I messed around with the materia lotto thing. You can put in any 5 materia and then get a "random" one back. You have to do it at the goblin camp by giving them to Mutamix, it's not a skill you take with you.

The only two things that seem 'set" after trying 4 times are that you get the same grade as the ones you turn in rather than getting something higher (I didn't get to combo grades much though, that might mean if you turn in multiple grades you can get one from any of those grades) and you seem to get a materia that's different from any of the materia you put in. I put in 2 Fire Resist II and 3 GP II and got a Perception 2, as an example.

I didn't know that sort of reward was happening. Certain people are gonna regret slacking off on the previous beast tribe quests!

Yep! I'm not sure how big of a reward it is though, just something I saw blurbed when browsing bg's 2.3 notes.

Aeana

So I messed around with the materia lotto thing. You can put in any 5 materia and then get a "random" one back. You have to do it at the goblin camp by giving them to Mutamix, it's not a skill you take with you.

The only two things that seem 'set" after trying 4 times are that you get the same grade as the ones you turn in rather than getting something higher (I didn't get to combo grades much though, that might mean if you turn in multiple grades you can get one from any of those grades) and you seem to get a materia that's different from any of the materia you put in. I put in 2 Fire Resist II and 3 GP II and got a Perception 2, as an example.
You can get a grade higher than what you turn in. In fact, there's an achievement for doing so.

zewone

umm.. I can't verify this, but could it be possible to buy it on Steam, view your CD key and input that code on mog station?

edit - though this seems weird as I can't find a way that the PC version would be as cheap as just buying a 60 day game card. Unless you mean buy the PC CE version.

Amazon has the PC version for $23.

I don't have a gaming PC, but I figured it was $8 more than a 30 day card and I get a PC license.

What do you guys think?

Kenai

You can get a grade higher than what you turn in. In fact, there's an achievement for doing so.

Ah, well that's good to know. I can tell you that it's not a promise that 5 of one grade make a higher grade, though, since that was the first combo i tried (used 5 GP II and got a Gathering II). I'm guessing that must be why the Grade 4 resist matera prices are so dumb? The cheapest are like...15k, and the prices are going up as i speak. They might be 50k+ by this evening.

Number45

Amazon has the PC version for $23.

I don't have a gaming PC, but I figured it was $8 more than a 30 day card and I get a PC license.

What do you guys think?
I did something like this (was on sale on Steam for about £10 a couple of months back), because I'll get more time to play it on the PC. Just be warned that a lot of the settings (almost all of them, in fact) are client based so you'll have to set everything up separately per platform. Every time you change a piece of gear or a hotbar action. :/

When I'm levelled I might think about it, but at the moment I'm constantly changing gear or actions and it's a pain in the arse.

King_Moc

Banned
My Vita Nyko power grip and and bluetooth keyboard turned up today. Comfy couch XIV in front of the TV here I come!

As soon as I can be bothered to go and get batteries, that is.

Aeana

Ah, well that's good to know. I can tell you that it's not a promise that 5 of one grade make a higher grade, though, since that was the first combo i tried (used 5 GP II and got a Gathering II). I'm guessing that must be why the Grade 4 resist matera prices are so dumb? The cheapest are like...15k, and the prices are going up as i speak. They might be 50k+ by this evening.
There's a thread on Reddit where people are comparing results. Unless it's completely, utterly random, people will probably have stuff figured out soon.

Number45

Is it worth me sending my retainer out on ventures as I level, or will I get crap that will ultimately be useless as I level? I have a few tokens from leves, but I'll save them if there's no benefit as I level.

EDIT: "As I level", three times. Nice.

Is it worth me sending my retainer out on ventures as I level, or will I get crap that will ultimately be useless as I level? I have a few tokens from leves, but I'll save them if there's no benefit as I level.

EDIT: "As I level", three times. Nice.
There's a chance that Quick Explorations might get you extremely rare stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom