• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have some i70 PVP BLM pieces and some abilities but I'm thinking of resetting everything so I can get the lion armor. Playing as a Paladin/Gladiator in PVP sucks though.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have some i70 PVP BLM pieces and some abilities but I'm thinking of resetting everything so I can get the lion armor. Playing as a Paladin/Gladiator in PVP sucks though.

Just use as much DPS gear and cross class abilities as possible. People ignore the PLD so they can usually rack up decent damage by the end of the fight.

I decided to update my Dragoon in line with the current rotations

B4496680E018D811377BC40B8618A56326892690

How would I set this up using a controller?

so they added rankings to grand company and free company to the loadstone pages and it seems our main man yaotzin is 8th in maelstrom on ultros and gaf is 4th overall in terms of fc and first on ultros

edit: bara is 57th, that scrub

WolvenOne

Heh, look I can even buy that fracture isn't the most ideal dot for DRG, given that it's the weakest of the ones they have available.

What I like about fracture is the sheer number of classes that have access to it. It means that every tank and every melee DPS can stack it onto a single target. I like seeing that, because it tells me that the whole party is thinking about dots, and as a general rule, when they are the bosses go down faster.

Obviously going Dot heavy with DRG doesn't make sense in every situation. It isn't terribly effective when fighting mobs in dungeons, nor is it efficient in turn 4, except in the case of dreadnought.

Regardless, in most fights in this game, keeping dots up on the boss makes a whole lot more sense than just going to town with the non dot rotation.

I'll also agree that, Fracture would be more useful if every class had access to Warriors Enhanced fracture.

The thirty second duration makes it a lot easier to keep up.

zewone

New rotation:

H IDC P TTT H TTT

P IDC H TTT P TTT
My DRG is only lv. 41. This is basically what I've been using..am I good with this string of moves for the rest of the game? (Don't have CT yet, but will include it once I do.)

I decided to update my Dragoon in line with the current rotations

I normally do everything free hand (on PS4). Would it be wise to set up a macro like that?

so they added rankings to grand company and free company to the loadstone pages and it seems our main man yaotzin is 8th in maelstrom on ultros and gaf is 4th overall in terms of fc and first on ultros

I was 3rd for twin adder and 13th overall on the server for the 14th-20th. I dont know whether to be happy or sad :(

Ken

where do you go to see that?

woops double post

Mkilbride

Banned
Wow, people still play this? I liked 1.0 more.

ARR is so Wow-cloned, yet I guess you could say it is my favorite WoW clone. I thought it'd be dead by now - not growing. Surprise surprise.

I might re-sub in a few weeks when I'm done with Dark Souls II. I'm on Balmung, and there is a plague of Role-players there. Seriously. A plague. I've been on Besaid since 1.0 and never noticed anything like it, but come ARR...and they publically RP AND E-RP. It's pretty awful.

But I won't pay SE 20$ to transfer me off the server.

This is me

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/269949/

Alucrid

Banned

ARR is so Wow-cloned, yet I guess you could say it is my favorite WoW clone. I thought it'd be dead by now - not growing. Surprise surprise.

I might re-sub in a few weeks when I'm done with Dark Souls II. I'm on Balmung, and there is a plague of Role-players there. Seriously. A plague. I've been on Besaid since 1.0 and never noticed anything like it, but come ARR...and they publically RP AND E-RP. It's pretty awful.

This is me

Well they clearly weren't playing 1.0.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

This is me

Wow
Such Beta
Much Fedora

Mkilbride

Banned
I don't know why Doge-speak annoys me, but it does. Sometimes I think it's funny, othertimes i find it incredibly obnoxious, even with the same words and meaning.

It is a mystery.

chrono01

Not a nice way to start the day. As soon as I wake up, I go to browse the Internet for a minute and I found out my router became corrupted [somehow] while I was sleeping. Normally, this would be a bad enough situation as it is, but I have a raid tonight!

Needless to say, I immediately went out and purchased a new router [the previous one was out of warranty, and I tried all of the supposed "fixes" for my current one], and all seems to be working good again.

I hope.

I cannot be without FFXIV, not if I can help it!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

This is me

Oh you.

Isaccard

This is me

You seem like a very interesting individual

Hasney

So I saw earlier in the thread something about L2+R2 hotbars. Can you set this up on PS4 or is it PC only? Might be worth steam streaming to my laptop instead just for that.

So I saw earlier in the thread something about L2+R2 hotbars. Can you set this up on PS4 or is it PC only? Might be worth steam streaming to my laptop instead just for that.

Of course it works on PS4 as well. It's much faster than switching hotbars, so I use it a lot for my cooldown skills.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

It can be setup for PS4.
Go into one of the configurations and the thing that looks like a PS4 controller. It is a checkbox in there.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So, I am interested in jumping back. A friend is getting the game for PS4 and I am getting the itch anyway.

I last stopped playing about 6 months ago... what has been added/changed?

So how hard is Titan really? Read a guide and watched a video and it looks not that bad, but yet I'm still feeling apprehensive.

Dodge the jump attack, don't fall off, dodge the rock attack that shoves you off, kill heart ASAP, free teammates from prison, and dodge kind of hard to see AoE.

Anything other tips you guys might add?

WolvenOne

So how hard is Titan really? Read a guide and watched a video and it looks not that bad, but yet I'm still feeling apprehensive.

Dodge the jump attack, don't fall off, dodge the rock attack that shoves you off, kill heart ASAP, free teammates from prison, and dodge kind of hard to see AoE.

Story, HM, or Extreme?

Don't lag

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member

People usually stack up for the Weight of the Land AOE, so try and get a feel for when they happen. Titan is 100% predictable in what he uses next, so try and look up his 'rotation'. Unless this is story mode, then do whatever!

This is normal Titan, right?

If so that's basically it.

Story is easy, HM is challenging (for iLV you would have by that time), and Ex is , well, Extreme. It depends how much lag you have and seriously, it almost feel like lag is part of Titan's mechanic. In Extreme, 90% of people die from Weight of Land. From my own analysis, WoL goes off 1.5s after it appears on the floor. You need 0.7-0.8s to move from the center of WoL and safely dodge. If your connection or server is lagging longer than 0.7s, you're guaranteed to eat WoL and die. This is what make Titan EX very frustrating. Because everybody stacks behind Titan's ass, all of WoL fall at the same spot. If everyone moves out at the same time then there is no problem. But there're always people who move before WoL actually drop, causing its radius to be bigger and making it's impossible for people who move later to dodge. And when that happens you can guess who takes the blame.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Story is easy, HM is challenging (for iLV you would have by that time), and Ex is , well, Extreme. It depends how much lag you have and seriously, it almost feel like lag is part of Titan's mechanic. In Extreme, 90% of people die from Weight of Land. From my own analysis, WoL goes off 1.5s after it appears on the floor. You need 0.7-0.8s to move from the center of WoL and safely dodge. If your connection or server is lagging longer than 0.7s, you're guaranteed to eat WoL and die. This is what make Titan EX very frustrating. Because everybody stacks behind Titan's ass, all of WoL fall at the same spot. If everyone moves out at the same time then there is no problem. But there're always people who move before WoL actually drop, causing its radius to be bigger and making it's impossible for people who move later to dodge. And when that happens you can guess who takes the blame.

And remember, this "lag" can come from many things including reaction time. People with slow reaction time have a hard time here and many other end-game fights.

Taruranto

Pressing an ability after you moved forces the server to "recognize" your new position.

Aeana

It occurred to me that some people may not know what I was talking about when I was talking about the extra palettes you can use by holding L2 and pressing R2 and vice-versa. They were added in 2.1, and are off by default.

ff14-extrapalette.png

It really adds a nice extra layer of flexibility.

Zomba13

It occurred to me that some people may not know what I was talking about when I was talking about the extra palettes you can use by holding L2 and pressing R2 and vice-versa. They were added in 2.1, and are off by default.

ff14-extrapalette.png

It really adds a nice extra layer of flexibility.

I didn't know about them until someone mentioned it a few weeks ago in the FC chat. So much better than swapping from one set to another and was something I wondered why they didn't have implemented from the very start during the beta.

Is there an easy way to see what your Square ID is? Was finally able to log on with my email and do the PS4 upgrade
but now in the game it says my ID isn't correct.

Beat story Titan with relative ease. I didn't find him difficult at all but the others fell off a few times.

Is there anywhere I can store my useless shit? Inventory is full.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom