• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So, it's been long enough to assume that they'll never let you change the font size of the story dialogue. Did they do that for the ps4 version? I play on an htpc and I can't see how console people would put up with it.

SRTtoZ

This is really bugging me. I can't seem to transfer to the Jenova server.

On the Playstation 3, I was on the Faerie server, but when I got the PS4 version, I wanted to transfer my character over to the Jenova server with the rest of my PS4 friends who also got the game.

I go to the mog station and was ready to pay the transfer fee, but in the list of worlds to transfer to, Jenova is not on the list. I been trying to transfer every day since the release of the PS4 version, looking to see if the world popped up on the list. And it's still not there.

I wanted to contact support, but their site says due to technical difficulties, support is down. So I can't even ask them.

All my friends are on the Jenova world, and im by myself on the faerie server.

We be all in the party chatting about the game, and they are all over there in the fates and stuff and im the only one not there. It makes me so mad.

It seems like the only worlds thats not on that list, is the world i'm on, Faerie, and the world I WANT to transfer to, Jenova. I dont understand this, why is it that the ONLY world I want to transfer to, is not on the list.

Anyone have any idea why??? Every damn day they play, i'm missing out.

SE locks servers every couple hours in order to spread character creation on different servers, so the chances are Jenova was locked when you tried to transfer. Try later in the night or earlier in the morning.

Killer

Banned
haha i knew it! Your character is adorable. also, writing with a controller is a hassle. Might order a KB soon. anyway my PSN is XPN_Killer. I added you in the game as well.

Aeana

haha i knew it! Your character is adorable. also, writing with a controller is a hassle. Might order a KB soon. anyway my PSN is XPN_Killer. I added you in the game as well.
You should definitely get a keyboard. Until you do though, if you have a smartphone or tablet, you can use the PS App to type on PS4.

WolvenOne

Man, I wonder what could've prompted emergency maintenance. They are useually fairly reluctant to do maintenance on such short notice, and I haven't heard of any real issues with the game today.

Only thing I can think of is that they discovered a serious bug, and wanted to tackle it before it became a serious problem.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Got my mount last night. Hooray! Now it's time to get my Lancer up to 30, and then switch to marauder and get that up to 15. Looking forward to unlocking Dragoon.

So glad I went with Lalafell. It wouldn't be an FF MMO if I wasn't playing as the smallest possible race I can find.

Found out DF alert sound comes from DS4
Game changer

The LB alert sound comes from the DS4 too, but yeah.

I have been using my Vita as my alert system, I'll join a PF farm party and then connect with Remote Play so I can watch the goings on from my Vita. Then I switch back to the DS4 and my TV when the party fills up and is ready to go.

BadRNG

Oh drg talk, what fortunate timing.

New rotation:

H IDC P TTT H TTT

P IDC H TTT P TTT

Old rotation:

HP IDC TTT

Due to the clipping of CT that occurs with the old rotation, expect a 1.5-2% drop in DPS.
How bad of a dps hit is clipping? Especially when the alternative is to let either CT fall or interrupt your combo. Ideally you can keep the chain going forever but rarely do fights work like that, and situations that interrupt it for even a second or two can massively throw timing off. I'm not really sure what to prioritize in that situation. Say I have Full Thrust ready to blow but I have to move for whatever reason and either HT or Dis is about to drop(or even already has), do I follow through on the thrust or just restart combo? Or to look at similar scenario, I have to move during a different point of combo and now I don't have enough time to fit in a full TTT but there's an extra GCD before I need to IDC, P, or HT. What do? Just a single thrust to act as space filler and not waste gcd?

When it comes to cooldowns, outside of scenarios where you need burst at a specific point, do you ever save them so they line up better? As tank I am very used to saving cooldowns for specific situations, so it's taken some practice to get used to the idea of keeping everything going as much as possible. I've noticed a a very nice 20-40 dps increase for me since focusing on doing so, but I still find myself wanting to save it for a bit(not long) so it may line up with another skill sometimes. Example saving B4B an extra 10-15 seconds after it comes off cooldown so I can have the next CT application used with it up. I'm worried that all I'm getting there is the satisfaction of seeing slightly bigger numbers for a short time, and really hurting myself in long run.

Number45

Depends on what classes you've made them? I have mine as lv 50 Botanist & Miner and I can get 60 Crystals every 40 minutes.

I do the daily Provision missions to get Seals turn them in for Ventures in the GC store then into Gil with Crystals. 2500 Seals could get you 1 Potash or 10 Ventures... 300 Crystals. That can net you 30K Gil... or 4K for a Potash.
Thanks, I'm levelling my first class so it seemed logical to make her the same for now (Marauder).

Best way is to do specific hunts or quick ventures while you're playing, then dispatch on a 18h trip before you go to bed. 18 hours is enough to sleep and work :p
I didn't get the option for a quick venture. Is there a level requirement, or class/job requirement?

Number45

Ah, that'll explain it then. I just sent her off on her first venture last night. :)

Didn't realise the game had an armoury style site. This is me:

q1hhFUP.png

Seriously, if a game gives me the opportunity to make a white haired female character that's the way I'm going to go. <3

Jarate

Banned
So guys, ive been switching to Ultros to join the gaf guild because I want an FC to run coil with eventually. My ilvl is around 82 although fairly soon itll hopefully be much higher.

Im a Paladin btw, I was just wondering if any of you had spots in a group or if people were looking for tanks to run in. I dont want to continue grinding heavily in the game if I have no group to do coil

Jarate

Banned
What do people mean by iLv?
After you hit 50, the best thing to do is grind for better gear cause you cant level any more

Thus the items that you go and grind for have a better item level then your previous items.

Its a nice way of showing how geared you are for fights. Im not sure if other mmos do it, but I thank god FF14 has it over other things since there is a lot of gear you can equip.

Ah right, that makes sense. I think I'm iLv 29 even though I'm actually 37 because I'm just relying on quests giving me gear so I can save gil.

Ah, that'll explain it then. I just sent her off on her first venture last night. :)

Didn't realise the game had an armoury style site. This is me:

q1hhFUP.png

Seriously, if a game gives me the opportunity to make a white haired female character that's the way I'm going to go. <3

Too bad you're not a cat

Hasney

It occurred to me that some people may not know what I was talking about when I was talking about the extra palettes you can use by holding L2 and pressing R2 and vice-versa. They were added in 2.1, and are off by default.

ff14-extrapalette.png

It really adds a nice extra layer of flexibility.

Thanks for this. Time to get my double finger groove on when I get out of work!

desu

Saw this on reddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/23w42w/fyi_libra_eorzea_updated_now_shows_what_drops/

Should finally clear up the missing drops for new coil.

Phoenix FC ShinRa (of world 2nd T7 clear fame) is technically no more. After Krietor was asked to stand down as leader (apparently he initially offered, but then reneged) all but 3 members left the FC and started and new one, called Exordium (EX). Krietor initially tried to rebuild but after a few days he transferred servers (Ragnarok I think, probably to join Sol over there as they were in need of a BRD, iunno) and now as far as I can tell ShinRa is gone.

Krietor ... on Ragnarok ... in Solitude ... OH BOY LOL.

SE locks servers every couple hours in order to spread character creation on different servers, so the chances are Jenova was locked when you tried to transfer. Try later in the night or earlier in the morning.

Is Jenova one of the new PS4 release servers? Pretty sure you can't transfer from an old server to a new server - same situation as there was between legacy servers and 2.0 servers until recently.

Number45

Drat...that Libra Eorzea app won't work on my phone. Anywhere else to view this information?
Yeah, it's disappointing that there's not a web version. I've taken to using xivdb.com, which is kind of like wowhead (and it's run by ZAM) - but it needs some work and it's quite sluggish.

Field Explorations take too long and you'll get shit according to your retainer's level I believe.

Quick Venture is like a Gashapon machine, it lasts one hour your retainer can do anything from going outside and getting a stick to killing the goddamn Whorleater

Late to the conversation but I got a Gyshal Ring last night from my retainer's 18 hour venture (level 40/45). I have no idea where it comes from so there is a chance of a rare item. I do agree that the quick exploration ventures are probably better in the long run assuming you have the venture coins to pay.

Phlebas

Banned
What was I thinking....?

The only thing you could do wrong is become a lallafell
joke

There's nothing really to worry about, other than the fact that you only get access to one Fantasia potion [Can Change Race with it] through veteran rewards that you get depending on how long you subscribe.

Stat points you get while leveling can be reset later.

Race bonuses are negligible so pick whatever you like the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom