• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zewone

Beat story Titan with relative ease. I didn't find him difficult at all but the others fell off a few times.

Is there anywhere I can store my useless shit? Inventory is full.

Your retainers can hold a ton of items for you, if you haven't messed with that yet.

Can you play your PS4 character on the PC?

Characters are saved between all versions of the game, the only thing you need to be able to play them on the separate platforms is that platforms version of the game(you do not need a separate sub). So without the pc version on your account you are unable to play even though you have the ps4 version.

It occurred to me that some people may not know what I was talking about when I was talking about the extra palettes you can use by holding L2 and pressing R2 and vice-versa. They were added in 2.1, and are off by default.

ff14-extrapalette.png

It really adds a nice extra layer of flexibility.

I'll have to try that

Rising_Hei

As a DRG, the only time you could use fracture is negated by the jump rotation, so...

There's just no place for fracture in the skill rotation, no matter how hard you thought things up. A DRG suggesting the use of fracture is a proof of a bad drg, it might be harsh but it's the truth... and you don't need any calculator to check this out... it's just common sense. It's not worth it as crosskill EVER. Only as PLD and that is

rrc1594

As a DRG, the only time you could use fracture is negated by the jump rotation, so...

There's just no place for fracture in the skill rotation, no matter how hard you thought things up. A DRG suggesting the use of fracture is a proof of a bad drg, it might be harsh but it's the truth... and you don't need any calculator to check this out... it's just common sense. It's not worth it as crosskill EVER. Only as PLD and that is

I'm lvl 50 DRG what some other classes should I lvl up to get their abilities. Also a good rotation went to bunch sites all gave something different

Now that I have more skills for it, LNC isn't near as mind numbing boring as before. As long as I can avoid getting into the 3 starter dungeons, things go okay. Should I be using Fracture as LNC though?

And Mupod, Raijiken, Felix and Pelli are all pleased at the new fodd--newbies to the pvp.

Aeana

Now that I have more skills for it, LNC isn't near as mind numbing boring as before. As long as I can avoid getting into the 3 starter dungeons, things go okay. Should I be using Fracture as LNC though?

And Mupod, Raijiken, Felix and Pelli are all pleased at the new fodd--newbies to the pvp.

i9YBNsl.png

Sadly wish this was the case just to speed up queues lol. The way matchmaking works though is we're seeing mostly r25+ in all 3 brackets so there's actually some competition, the noobs on the other hand mostly get their own queues without being blown up by us lol.

This isn't to say there's not a fair share of noobs that somehow hit the higher ranks.

That reminds me, did a Low level DR and got into a party full of new players. They didn't talk much so I figured they were PS4 players so I just lead the way. Even without me saying anything, they seemed good. The WHM did use the bloody Fluid Aura but he stopped using it on stuff me and the tank were attacking after a bit. The tank took my suggestions about the boss without incident, made for a nice quick run of Toto Rak, for once.

dcye

Man I haven't laughed as hard as I did reading WolvenOne trying to argue the use of fracture. Numbers are numbers. You can not argue against them.

Are more instances found by quests? Should I be running to the icons on the map or only when I'm introduced to them?

Partying in this game is a lot of fun. It might be because I've never played a healer but either way it's great. In other MMOs I always dreaded being in an instance from the first minute and wished everyone would d/c, haha.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Are more instances found by quests? Should I be running to the icons on the map or only when I'm introduced to them?

Partying in this game is a lot of fun. It might be because I've never played a healer but either way it's great. In other MMOs I always dreaded being in an instance from the first minute and wished everyone would d/c, haha.

Follow the story quests to unlock more dungeons.

WolvenOne

So you're down 8 ability slots you could have otherwise.

Yeah but I don't even use all the skill slots in that one crossbar. I have three cross bars besides that, which are largely identical save for rotations, and most my defense CDs go into keyboard.

The double trigger crossbar is mainly for my macros.

WolvenOne

Man I haven't laughed as hard as I did reading WolvenOne trying to argue the use of fracture. Numbers are numbers. You can not argue against them.

Oh yes I can!

I can argue almost any side of any argument with a straight face, even if I know full well its wrong.

;)

xMuku

I have to say the lost city of ampador is beautiful as well as the soundtrack. The crystal tower raid has amazing art direction and the enormous size makes it look crazy in depth.

so how do people like Levi Ex. quite a few people here have downed him by now. i don't see any complaints about the difficulty of the fight. is Titian Ex still the hardest fight for the mainstream?

i think it's my favorite from a design + music perspective. but Titan Ex is more threatening.

This is really bugging me. I can't seem to transfer to the Jenova server.

On the Playstation 3, I was on the Faerie server, but when I got the PS4 version, I wanted to transfer my character over to the Jenova server with the rest of my PS4 friends who also got the game.

I go to the mog station and was ready to pay the transfer fee, but in the list of worlds to transfer to, Jenova is not on the list. I been trying to transfer every day since the release of the PS4 version, looking to see if the world popped up on the list. And it's still not there.

I wanted to contact support, but their site says due to technical difficulties, support is down. So I can't even ask them.

All my friends are on the Jenova world, and im by myself on the faerie server.

We be all in the party chatting about the game, and they are all over there in the fates and stuff and im the only one not there. It makes me so mad.

It seems like the only worlds thats not on that list, is the world i'm on, Faerie, and the world I WANT to transfer to, Jenova. I dont understand this, why is it that the ONLY world I want to transfer to, is not on the list.

Anyone have any idea why??? Every damn day they play, i'm missing out.

Yeah but I don't even use all the skill slots in that one crossbar. I have three cross bars besides that, which are largely identical save for rotations, and most my defense CDs go into keyboard.

The double trigger crossbar is mainly for my macros.
Is it a problem that I don't understand what most of you guys are talking about yet? I'm on PS4 and my PGL is only level 16.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hmm, I just realized that I can't use the code SE gave me for transfering to the PS4 version so I won't be able to redownload it if I ever need to. It says it's already been redeemed but there's no FFXIV listed in my downloads. Only reason I can play it is due to having the beta client downloaded. Anyone else in this situation?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
[Maintenance] All Worlds Emergency Maintenance (Apr. 25)
At the following time, in order to address issues, we will be performing emergency maintenance on all Worlds. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

* The World transfer service will be suspended 15 minutes before maintenance begins, and will be unavailable until maintenance has ended.

[Date & Time]
Apr. 25, 2014 from 12:00 a.m. to 2:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]
- FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

Grinchy

Banned
I kinda wish I didn't participate in so many beta tests for this game because I am now so burned out on quest grinding. I need to get Conj to 15 and unlock Paladin but I just can't take any more of this damn quest grinding right now.

Aeana

You know, I was wondering if that was actually a good idea (spamming Impulse Drive) for a little while before I got Heavy Thrust.

Spamming impulse drive from behind is the way to go until you can use full thrust at 26, as boring as it is.

dcye

Phoenix FC ShinRa (of world 2nd T7 clear fame) is technically no more. After Krietor was asked to stand down as leader (apparently he initially offered, but then reneged) all but 3 members left the FC and started and new one, called Exordium (EX). Krietor initially tried to rebuild but after a few days he transferred servers (Ragnarok I think, probably to join Sol over there as they were in need of a BRD, iunno) and now as far as I can tell ShinRa is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom