• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasney

Well, you need to complete that quest that allows you to dye your clothes. Your character will look more uniform, than a colorful clown. It makes a big difference in the look of your character.

That quest is a lvl 20 side quest in uldah, in western thanalan.

Here's my character
Screen%20Shot%202014-04-25%20at%201.57.38%20PM.png

I like the storm look, with the dark skin and bright white hair.

Oh no, I have that, but it won't cover up crotch holes dammit!

dramatis

I might look into some PvP when Frontlines debuts. Of course we'll be expecting Felix, Rai, Mupod, and Pel to carry us to victory with their OP gear.
When I picture Mu Pod on the battlefield I get the image of him with his pigtails shouting, "You're on your own!" and then Dynasty Warriors-ing the enemy while leaving us in the dust.

They're thinking about expanding FC chest size with new FC ranks. And FATE progression status available on map so you don't run across map to a FATE that's about to end.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So does having a way to actually compare two pieces of gear. But apparently it wasn't.

In their defense they did provide green or red numbers to show the difference in weapond damage, def, and mdef.

Here is hoping for a legitimate gear comparison ala Diablo 3. I doubt it will happen, but it would be nice.

dont you want the excitement of trying to make it to a fate on the other side of the planet/coerthas before it's complete
Yeah, having these 4 parties go around doing fates together going to a fate and having it end because some latecomers were doing it alone is really fun.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
dont you want the excitement of trying to make it to a fate on the other side of the planet/coerthas before it's complete

Finish Seps, port to Dragonhead, see Bellyful is up, get there 1% left...
See Coldblooded up, run to it, 5%...

Ah Coerthas only area with so many damn FATEs, but it's either too many people split up and killing different ones or no one there and FATEs just waiting to be finished
Only time the whole zone converges is either The Eyes Have it or Svara

All pvp actions unlocked from start in 2.3 with debut of Frontlines. If I did pvp I might actually care about that, but guess it's good?

This needed to be done more than anything else really. There was no excuse to hold back the only personal cleanse behind ranks when it's required to deal with summoners/blms/stuns, outside of that there are quite a few abilities that without them you are automatically gimped when playing. Pvp is really unenjoyable as a healer without all the cds the abilities give you so you can actually survive past your first sprint behind a pillar.

I missed the stream but from the sounds of it it's kind of funny that they called 2.25 a "massive pvp balance patch" and yet held all the actual balance until 2.3. It's nice to know though that frontlines is actually making it to 2.3, that was something that I saw as the first thing that would be cut if they had to cut anything.

I might look into some PvP when Frontlines debuts. Of course we'll be expecting Felix, Rai, Mupod, and Pel to carry us to victory with their OP gear.

It will be amazing just to roll over every new person lol. That being said they need to have a higher end crafted set that is actually worth using so new people don't get rolled over and automatically quit, something like a crafted ilvl 80 set that is manageable to get without spending a fortune(this also means scrapping the ilvl 70 set for marks). They made the pvp in this game really gear dependant and without giving people something worthwhile to start out with, most will not even give it a second glance after being blown up for a day.

Kssio_Aug

This game have real money transactions? Or "just" the game price and the subscription fee?

And it does worth all that price?
Im thinking about buying the PS4 version.

Also... When you buy the game do you recieve a period of subscrption with it?

This game have real money transactions? Or "just" the game price and the subscription fee?

And it does worth all that price?
Im thinking about buying the PS4 version.

Also... When you buy the game do you recieve a period of subscrption with it?

There is no microtransaction in this game, all you pay is the game and then the fee, other than that there is nothing.

The game comes with a 30 day free trial.

gryvan

Oh man I can imagine myself grinding my soul out of frontline. Nonstop PvP ahoy for me.

Also my group downed turn 7 last night

chrono01

Oh man I can imagine myself grinding my soul out of frontline. Nonstop PvP ahoy for me.

Also my group downed turn 7 last night
Congrats guys!

Turn 7 was such a nice breath of fresh air compared to the "un-fun" Turn 6. I still hate that fight, and think I always will. It's just not enjoyable. :/

I'm having a great time with Turn 8, as well. It's a strict DPS race, but there's a lot of coordination/planning involved [when to press certain towers]. It's a lot of fun.

Kssio_Aug

There is no microtransaction in this game, all you pay is the game and then the fee, other than that there is nothing.

The game comes with a 30 day free trial.

Oh, ok then! :)
Another noob question. Does PSN sells the subscription? Or I need to buy at the game web page?

Aeana

Congrats guys!

Turn 7 was such a nice breath of fresh air compared to the "un-fun" Turn 6. I still hate that fight, and think I always will. It's just not enjoyable. :/

I'm having a great time with Turn 8, as well. It's a strict DPS race, but there's a lot of coordination/planning involved [when to press certain towers]. It's a lot of fun.
I started having less fun with turn 6 when people stopped wiping to bouquet.

chrono01

I started having less fun with turn 6 when people stopped wiping to bouquet.
Agreed.

Seeing people blast off into the atmosphere was entertaining. But then, so is watching them get petrified in Turn 7 ["oops, did I not look away!?"] or get hit by a missile in Turn 8 ["I thought I was in that circle, so sorry!"].

So much enjoyment from our misery. I can't help but laugh at it a lot of the times, though. It definitely helps to keep a "light-hearted" approach to these fights so that, when these things happen, you can just laugh it off [but remain serious where it counts].

So many memories made already.

CLBridges

Just tried some PvP for the first time today and it was kinda fun. I guess the only strategy is "rush/kill healer" lol. I played some matches and that was the first thing typed in the party chat as the plan of action. Oh well, I had fun and it seems Bard is at an advantage because I was quite beastly if I do say so. My record is now 7-4 I think, but with some more improvements to the PvP system I could see this as a fun time sink.

Is there a point to PvP? Like, are you missing out on amazing gear that would help end game or anything?

Vanity gear and that's about it. If they made pvp gear worthwhile for pve then they would be doing something wrong(WoW). It's the same reason why they made pve gear terrible in pvp, the 2 should never mix together and be good for one another.

WolvenOne

Just a thought I had while it out and about today.

There should be something akin to the party finder, for crafters, gatherers, and retainers. Additionally, there should be a reputation system, where in people can rate the experience of doing business with individuals. With the caveat that you must have actually had a transaction with the individual you're rating, of no less than 5000 Gil, so as to make spamming negative ratings exceedingly expensive.

So basically, people put a notice up on the board that they are looking for X, and are willing to pay Y. Somebody takes the job, and upon delivering the goods the payment is made automatically.

Edit: in addition to facilitating in game Commerce, you could also use it to combat in game fraud.

Edit 2: This would be more for, large orders, special jobs, or for negotiated pricing. Basic quick and simple commerce would work best on the existing market board.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
so i have two noob questions for y'all:

how does need vs greed work? what beats what, exactly?

how do bonus points work? i get points when i level up my ACN and my THM, and i always dump points into MND (going SCH) but will the points i put into MND for my THM carry over in any way?

thanks!

Ken

so i have two noob questions for y'all:

how does need vs greed work? what beats what, exactly?

how do bonus points work? i get points when i level up my ACN and my THM, and i always dump points into MND (going SCH) but will the points i put into MND for my THM carry over in any way?

thanks!

when an item drops and it's for the job you're currently playing as, you have the right to need it (along with everyone else who can also need it). you then roll the RNG dice against the other people who hit need and whoever rolls highest wins the loot. greed is for people who aren't on the job that item is for. they can only hit greed or pass. need will always beat greed, so if one person needs and seven people greed, the need will always win. but if no one needs then it goes to a greed roll.

points are tied to your base job (THM, ACN, LNC, etc.) so whatever points you put in THM has no effect on your points in ACN and vice versa. you should also be pumping up INT for THM since INT affects your magic damage and THM is a damage dealer. now, it gets icky with ACN because both SMN and SCH use the same base job, but that issue has been well-documented so i won't bother going into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom