• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kssio_Aug

Ok, I think i'm crazy. I never liked the idea to pay subscription to MMORPGs and I have not much time to play. But I was really excited about this game reviews and impressions, so I just bought it for PS4. T-T

Why would you want to be a lawyer when you can run around in a silly hat pretending to be a wizard?

If running around in a silly hat pretending to be a wizard could give me the same revenue and social advantages as a lawyer, I would do that.

Believe me.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
when an item drops and it's for the job you're currently playing as, you have the right to need it (along with everyone else who can also need it). you then roll the RNG dice against the other people who hit need and whoever rolls highest wins the loot. greed is for people who aren't on the job that item is for. they can only hit greed or pass. need will always beat greed, so if one person needs and seven people greed, the need will always win. but if no one needs then it goes to a greed roll.

points are tied to your base job (THM, ACN, LNC, etc.) so whatever points you put in THM has no effect on your points in ACN and vice versa. you should also be pumping up INT for THM since INT affects your magic damage and THM is a damage dealer. now, it gets icky with ACN because both SMN and SCH use the same base job, but that issue has been well-documented so i won't bother going into it.

very helpful, thanks! it was starting to feel like i should have been dumping INT for my THM but i don't mind, i'm only with this class for that swift wind

Ok, I think i'm crazy. I never liked the idea to pay subscription to MMORPGs and I have not much time to play. But I was really excited about this game reviews and impressions, so I just bought it for PS4. T-T

dooo ittttt

Same thing happen to me. I'm not into MMO and I hate the idea of paying a monthly fee for a game, but this one has something really special going on to not play it.

danthefan

Just had my first session on remote play, it actually controls quite well. Graphics got a bit blocky at times but that's possibly due to my internet. Completely playable though.

Kssio_Aug

dooo ittttt
I did! T-T
And now I'm freeling lots of different emotions: I'm excited to play; I'm worried because I need to study a lot (also doing law here); and I'm feeling crazy to pay $40,00 for a game knowing I'll have to pay subscriptions later and dont even know if I'll be able to play as much as I'd like! o_O"

Same thing happen to me. I'm not into MMO and I hate the idea of paying a monthly fee for a game, but this one has something really special going on to not play it.

Yeah, I always liked FF franchise (besides FFXIII was quite disappointing for me) and from everything i've been reading and looking at, this FFXIV seems freaking nice!!

--

Can someone please explain me that subscription thing? I dont really knows how it works.
I got the PS4 vesion, and I believe I will be getting 1 month "free". Ok, then, comes the subscription, but there is the "entry" and "standard" ones.

After the 1st free month, can I buy the 180days for $78,00 or I do need to buy that "entry subscription" first?

Also... can I buy it through Final Fantasy XIV website, or I need to buy it from inside the game?

them pants

Congrats!

Man, soloing twin? Echo buff is really getting out of hand.

Grats.

Thanks, it felt like such a relief to finally get that down...ahh can't believe I finally beat Twin. Thanks to Worst Coil Group for letting me tag along. And I got those BRD pants so I can save the myth for something else.

Now I can join T6 groups for practice now, yes!

MoonGred

Finally had the chance to have a proper sit down with the game, and get some time in.
I decided to go with an Arcanist, I feel that was a mistake in a way, everything about the class is really appealing to me, however it doesn't seem like it's the most Ps4 controller friendly class?
When I got to lvl 4 a new skill bar popped up (which I don't see the use of as I can bind eveyrthing to the normal skill bar), I've had a look in the setting, but on found a way to move it to a different location, and not to completely remove it.
On that note, do you even need the pet skills? My pet is always set on guard anyway so don't really see the point in his skills take up room.

I filled in the recruitment form for the GAF Ultros guild yesterday, and sent an in-game request this morning, is there anything else that needs to be done? Or do I just wait.

Ken

it'll be important to have a few pet abilities hotbar'd muuuch later on but 1-50 you can get by with it doing whatever

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Finally had the chance to have a proper sit down with the game, and get some time in.
I decided to go with an Arcanist, I feel that was a mistake in a way, everything about the class is really appealing to me, however it doesn't seem like it's the most Ps4 controller friendly class?
When I got to lvl 4 a new skill bar popped up (which I don't see the use of as I can bind eveyrthing to the normal skill bar), I've had a look in the setting, but on found a way to move it to a different location, and not to completely remove it.
On that note, do you even need the pet skills? My pet is always set on guard anyway so don't really see the point in his skills take up room.

I filled in the recruitment form for the GAF Ultros guild yesterday, and sent an in-game request this morning, is there anything else that needs to be done? Or do I just wait.

get rid of the dedicated pet bar and map the pet actions to a new crossbar (that you cycle through by pressing R1)

after you get to level 10ish you'll have a good handle on the HUD and you can go mess around with it so that it suits you better

pvp is kinda fun, and kinda annoying. I do see why people despise SMN's, they are pretty darn annoying to deal with.

And in other news...I really should try and give SMN another shot...dat FC peer pressure.

Malalaw

So close to finally getting my monk! I just need to xfer to Excalibur so I can play with pals :(

Really hooked on this game, and I said I wouldn't get into another MMO after WoW 3 years ago.

Level 35 WHM going through the main storyline, and it seems that every tank I run with does not know how to draw aggro during dungeon runs - specifically, Brayflox. When monsters are attacking erryone in sight, it's up to me to "hold up the team" with a constant stream of Cure/Cure II and Esuna on every single party member until the party is wiped out, and the Light Party is generally angry at the lack of a competent tank. I've tried to run Brayflox five times today, as I'm sure some of you are aware from my complaining in the FC chat. Is there anything I can do to help improve a tank's inability to draw aggro?

Soi-Fong

Level 35 WHM going through the main storyline, and it seems that every tank I run with does not know how to draw aggro during dungeon runs - specifically, Brayflox. When monsters are attacking erryone in sight, it's up to me to "hold up the team" with a constant stream of Cure/Cure II and Esuna on every single party member until the party is wiped out, and the Light Party is generally angry at the lack of a competent tank. I've tried to run Brayflox five times today, as I'm sure some of you are aware from my complaining in the FC chat. Is there anything I can do to help improve a tank's inability to draw aggro?

It really does help to have a good tank for Brayflox. My best run was a tank who marked all enemies and I slept all the enemies who were not marked 1 which allowed me to keep up with the healing and contribute to DPS.

Are you talking about a Paladin? Because Paladins have it rough up to Brayflox because they don't get access to Shield Oath until 40.

MoonGred

get rid of the dedicated pet bar and map the pet actions to a new crossbar (that you cycle through by pressing R1)

after you get to level 10ish you'll have a good handle on the HUD and you can go mess around with it so that it suits you better

How do you get rid of the bar altogether? I had a look in the HUD options but found nothing

Ken

irylOODAgPX9J.png

uh ohhhh

my fanfic is going places~

MogCakes

too many dps

They really should add another type of class to put SMNs and BRDs into. And give the more skills to do things other than DPS. Like buffs. SCH is a support healer, SMN should be an offensive support + pet damage. If only :/

I was going through quests with ease and all of a sudden the difficulty spiked... not cool man... not cool...

the quests are easy throughout the game. you probably went the wrong way somewhere.

I'm trying to enter the first dungeon for the quest, but its taking forever to find anyone lol.

do something else in the game while waiting in the queue.

Quick question for PLD players, should I be putting all my bonus points into Vit when I level up, or is that a bad idea?

put them all into str. you don't need the vit until endgame. you want to kill things faster while leveling up. you can respec later.

You mean many DPS based chars and not enough tank or healing class to keep up with it?

Most people play dps jobs, much more than tanks or healers. Healing and tanking is not fun for some people and they would rather pew pew.

I find healing to be much much less stressful as opposed to dps...and it's kinda easy imo.

Kssio_Aug

Most people play dps jobs, much more than tanks or healers. Healing and tanking is not fun for some people and they would rather pew pew.

I find healing to be much much less stressful as opposed to dps...and it's kinda easy imo.

Oh, I see!
Well, since its class system is just about change the weapon type (and not creating a very new char) I believe Ill be encouraged to evolve both if possible. Or maybe it isnt, am just speculating (just downloaded but couldnt play it yet).

Jobbs

Banned
Since I love playing games on my PS4, I finally got this when it came out for it. I havne't had much time to play it (or anything) just yet (soon!) but I have played a little. I made a catgirl and got her up to level 11 as a lancer then decided I wanted to be a healer and switched to Conjurer and played up to level 10.

I saw a Neogaf person running around central shroud and we emoted at eachother. Vic or something. :)

10171649_737663092923049_4929792191979103172_n.jpg

I look like Pikachu!

So far, I am impressed. I found the controls and navigating the map very confusing and strange at first, but after a while I mostly got used to it and find playing the game at my TV to be very fun. The game is more polished than is typical of MMORPGs (aside from the lack of voice, which I can strangely appreciate because it ostensibly means they're putting their resources into more important areas) and I look forward to playing more as soon as I can!

oneHeero

Gaf, I just bought this game out of the blue with not knowing anything about the game since I stopped following it during the initial release.

This is gonna be fun!

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
Already had the game on PC, but bought the PS3 version for 20 bucks on Amazon and did the free upgrade. Really not sure why people are paying full price for it on PS3.

Anywho, I am a total Controller Convert for Tanking. My eyes have been opened. The "extended crossbar" and "Mixed" scheme are godsends. Who knew you could switch targets with R1 and L1 when toggle was up!

Aside from some odd freezing, the game runs like a god damned dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom