• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
Ha was that me? I usually bust a manderville dance or a wave if I pass a gaf member? I was either a low level naked conjurer or a 50 black Mage

Yea, it was you, you were a little tiny person and a caster of some kind. I am not currently in a guild so you wouldn't have recognized me. And you DID emote at me. :)

Phlebas

Banned
New people have it easy. In 2.0 all we had was Coil, WP and Amdapor Keep. And we liked it!

Actually we despised it

It would take me just over two and a half hours to cap myth on a Saturday doing all SMN WP runs, I never want to see the inside of that place ever again.

In 2.0 of course.

Yopis

On FFXI you could spend days, yes DAYS trying to get a group for something. And the best part is, you pretty much had go be in whatever town was most popular to shout and get people because there was nothing like a duty finder, so you couldn't even entertain yourself by doing something else.

Then, you had to travel for ages to get to the quest area...

What I'm saying is, 40 minutes ain't so bad. Use the time to do some FATEs or something.

Was a great game more in the sandbox style. Shouting LFP drove me to quit the game after a time. Was worst part, duty finder/ Gaf fc is a great combo.

Sorry if Old, Copy pasta'd from Reddit, I guess there was some kind of Live Letter last night?

Quite a few interesting things were coerced out of Yoshida last night:
  • Gun and Dagger class/jobs were both confirmed and coming sooner than people think. Apparently soon after 2.3. (He said we are saving this info for E3-Announcements, looking forward to June 10th!)
  • The gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be.
  • Frontlines are aiming to be in 2.3! (They made it seem like it was an 8v8v8, not confirmed though)
  • Yoshi said Summoners will be getting Leviathan AND Ramuh pets, no mentioned when they would arrive.
  • Black Mage buffs and Summoner pet rebalancing to make others useful coming.
  • Yugiri's face was apparently shown to Nakamura, who gasped. No images as of yet.
  • Gold Saucer will be BIG. He wants the games to encompass more than just playing with friends. (Hints at match making and chocobo races.)
  • Personal rooms for your FC housing mentioned again. He said it would be like a mog house from ff11 with decorating.
  • The new 2.3 Dungeon will be outside, and deal with water, supposedly in La noscea.
  • Crafters are getting something to do with salv- (He was cut off, people thought it was salvage, but he claims that he wasn't going to say salvage.)
  • Phantasia Potions for sale in May!
Smaller Less Important Tid-bits:
  • People complained about still going to the waking sands, solution is coming.(Urianger is staying behind because of the twins are fighting and he doesn't want to leave Alisae(the female twin) behind on her own. Apparently as part of the story, they will make the move in 2.3) So no more waking sands trips!
  • Hildibrand was originally supposed to be a Lalafell.
  • Yoshi said to watch the Hildibrand cutscenes again and pay attention to a reoccurring person in the back ground stalking Nashu. He said he was surprised no one caught this.
  • Gerolt's name in japanese is Gero, which literally means "barf", is getting a personal story to explain his rocky past where he was not such a nice person.
  • Stitches in the moogle* are being removed because japanese players find them scary. (Was unclear if he meant the moogle pet or the moogle housing item)
  • Housing Instruments if all played at the same time will play a memorable song.

Joe T.

On FFXI you could spend days, yes DAYS trying to get a group for something. And the best part is, you pretty much had go be in whatever town was most popular to shout and get people because there was nothing like a duty finder, so you couldn't even entertain yourself by doing something else.

Then, you had to travel for ages to get to the quest area...

There are pros and cons to both games' design. FFXI was more hands on and restricted to the players on your server as opposed to pooling from numerous servers like XIV does, but that helped build a stronger community. If you liked the people you played with you could invite them to your Friend's List, a Friend's List that allowed you to communicate with them regardless of the server they were currently playing on, invite them to your linkshell, or simply get to know them while you were off doing whatever it is you wanted to do because the only time communication between players was severed was during loading times when changing areas. Trying to chat with friends spread across various FCs and linkshells in FFXIV can be annoying since everyone's jumping into dungeons every so often. Forget about trying to chat with the friends that are playing on other servers since that's not even an option.

XIV wins hands down in the transportation department, though. ;)

Cimarron

Is the community still vibrant in this game? I had a blast with ff11. I have an it to play an mmo now. Its between this and elder scrolls.

suzu

It says the gun class isn't what people are expecting it to be. Most were thinking it will be some pirate/corsair or musketeer class.

So maybe a gun mage? Like a red mage, but with guns instead of swords. lol

CLBridges

When I saw gun class, all I could think about was that character from Xenoblade, can't remember her name though. I just leveled my SMN/SCH to 50 yesterday, so it's cool to here about new upcoming pets. So, maybe the next Primal fight will be Ramuh? They just couldn't stay away from lightning that long huh? :)

Zomba13

I have no faith on them delivering new summons for summoner in a timely manner.

Levi and Ramuh will be the next Alexander and Odin.

Gonna need to check the Hildibrand cutscenes again then.

Hope private rooms function like Mog house/inn rooms and are free as long as you have a FC house. That way when personal housing is super duper expensive I won't feel too upset about not being able to afford it and can decorate my private room.

Thank god Hildi was turned Hyur. Can't imagine it'd be as funny if he was a lala. They are already funny looking so having the short, cute, funny looking race as the comedy relief probably wouldn't work as well as a normal looking human. Makes the facial expressions all the more funny.

The house instruments play the FF theme don't them?

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
I don't care what the gun wielding class is, I want it.
But I also want to know what other classes should I get to 30 to be able to use it when it comes out.

I don't care what the gun wielding class is, I want it.
But I also want to know what other classes should I get to 30 to be able to use it when it comes out.
It's going to be a new class, not job, meaning it'll have it's own level and jobs.

Getting everything to 15 might be a good idea, unless the Gun/Dagger jobs need 15 levels of the other - which they probably will.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
It's going to be a new class, not job, meaning it'll have it's own level and jobs.

Getting everything to 15 might be a good idea, unless the Gun/Dagger jobs need 15 levels of the other - which they probably will.
Oh, right, completely forgot about that. Well, guess I'll just level up my remaining 4 DoW/DoM classes to 15, shouldn't take too long.
I wonder what equipment will be used by those new classes.

Kssio_Aug

If I add my payment option in Mog Station they will start to charge me after the free time peirod expries or they will charge me right away?

SRTtoZ

BLM buffs! Actually my DPS is pretty good but yea, awesome. New classes too? Keep this shit going and subs wont drop off anytime soon.

I hope they don't overcharge for Fantasia potions, assuming they'll cost real life money.

I want to be a giraffe for a while but not for too long.

SRTtoZ

I've been waiting on using my fantastia because if I don't like the new race I would love to go back...So yea, great news. Dont charge too much tho!

Sorian

Banned
Guess I should say my piece since I do bash the game a lot in public (obvious I like it since I play it so much so I focus more on pointing out the flaws). Guild wars 2 gets a lot of love they have that ridiculous time schedule of new content every 2 weeks but from my time there, I always felt like they were just fluffing the game instead of adding real updates. I do have to say, FFXIV being on a normal time schedule (2-4 months for each major patch) and adding extremely substantial stuff to each patch is really a breathe of fresh air. Usually, you don't see so much added at once in each patch but I really feel like they try to make each patch count.

They still make stupid design decisions sometimes.

Either they decided to add jobs before the expansion or they're gonna announce the expansion at E3 I guess.

The "earlier than anticipated" seems to me like they are adding it before the expansion since I don't think any of us expected them before then.

Edit: I guess it could also mean an expansion coming much earlier than people expected as well but I don't see them pumping one out this year. An expansion usually means a level cap raise and I don't think we need that yet.

They always said they planned on adding new classes before the expansion, and considering they said they'd add them soon after 2.3 my guess is that they'll be added on patch 2.35 or something

Aeana

They always said they planned on adding new classes before the expansion, and considering they said they'd add them soon after 2.3 my guess is that they'll be added on patch 2.35 or something
I wouldn't say always. I've been getting mixed messages about it over time. Last time it came up, it sounded like it wouldn't be until the level cap raise, which is confirmed to not be happening until the expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom