• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sorian

Banned
Yaayyyy I've completed the main scenario!

Can I skip these credits without missing anything, they've been going for about a million years...

There is a scene after the credits but I don't know if skipping the credits skips that scene or not, I just let them play myself but yeah, they put ubisoft games to shame.

There is a scene after the credits but I don't know if skipping the credits skips that scene or not, I just let them play myself but yeah, they put ubisoft games to shame.

Ugh I'll just leave them..... They scroll so slowly!! I could hve written out every single name on there at the same speed!

Edit: 10 minutes later.... the 'Meteor Survivors' section just started..... we're still on A....

FML

Dunan

Oh no, actually having to traverse the game to get to a secret hideout. Why isn't there a teleport crystal right next to the quest giver?

This is explained in-game at one point,
after the main story si finished. Blame the Ul-dahn Syndicate, or God.

I admit, though, I found myself keeping Horizon as my home point and then hiring Chocobos to take me to Vesper Bay again and again. That Horizon Chocobokeep should be selling multi-trip tickets, subway-style.

This is explained in-game at one point,
after the main story si finished. Blame the Ul-dahn Syndicate, or God.

I admit, though, I found myself keeping Horizon as my home point and then hiring Chocobos to take me to Vesper Bay again and again. That Horizon Chocobokeep should be selling multi-trip tickets, subway-style.

It being explained actually disappointing me more since it made me realize it wasn't an active plan on the designers part to have the "hideout" a little out of the way for effect, basically the only thing in the game that the game world and travel was used for.

dark_chris

Ugh I'll just leave them..... They scroll so slowly!! I could hve written out every single name on there at the same speed!

Edit: 10 minutes later.... the 'Meteor Survivors' section just started..... we're still on A....

FML

You can skip that by moving the cursor to Z and let it roll from there. Lol

Aeana

Way too early to be announcing expansions yet. Pace yourself YoshiP
No it's not. DQ10 launched in August 2012 and its expansion came out in December 2013. FF11 launched in May, 2002, and Rise of the Zilart came out in April, 2003. An expansion a little over a year after launch is not particularly uncommon in MMOs.

Sorian

Banned
A new summoner class that you shoot yourself in the head to summon things with.

59190.jpg

Jack Frost would fit right in.

No it's not. DQ10 launched in August 2012 and its expansion came out in December 2013. FF11 launched in May, 2002, and Rise of the Zilart came out in April, 2003. An expansion a little over a year after launch is not particularly uncommon in MMOs.

Depends on the state of the game and the tone they've been setting. An expansion should increase the level cap and change the overall tone of the end game. Right now, end game is coil and the eventual fight with bahamut. An expansion should be planned to follow on the heels of that boss fight. Now is that something happening later this year, or next year, or two years from now? I don't know.

gryvan

I always believe Its gonna be a gunblade since yoship mention its gonna be unlike an actual gunner class. It also has reference to FF8 as well.

Sorian

Banned
Nah, the PS4 splash screen has a musketeer on the Limsa side, so I'm pretty sure that's it.

Willing to bet tons of gil that its not.

Hell, I'd say it's about time you became a cat.
つ ◕_◕ ༽つFANTASIA OR RIOT ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I still have my first fantasia potion. I never found a use for it because I was already the master race (kitty kitty)

Nose Master

I hope the gun class isn't Corsair. Awkward Bards with a gun, no thanks. Also curious what mechanics thief will have, since PUG is already sorta using all of the positional stuff.

Sorian

Banned
I hope the gun class isn't Corsair. Awkward Bards with a gun, no thanks. Also curious what mechanics thief will have, since PUG is already sorta using all of the positional stuff.

I can see the rotation now......

Backstab, backstab, backstab, fracture, backstab, cloak, backstab for double damage because invisable, repeat.

Every good dps rotation has fracture

Edit: Oh yeah, because I forgot to announce it to the greater GAF audience. After somewhere in the neighborhood of 140-150 levi ex kills I finally saw the mount for the first time. I, of course, rolled a 28.

Sorian

Banned
is that the black mare with the smokey/glowy legs i see around?

Not the one your are thinking of. Each primal has a colorswap of that one now. Leviathan has a blue one that leaves a water trail in its wake.

Edit: And by water trail, I mean it looks like it is constantly stepping through puddles :p

WolvenOne

On the whole, Gun Class, thing. It'd be kinda interesting if they paid homage to Final Fantasy Tactics and made that class, "Chemist." XD

Frazley

Just found out Duty Finder is cross-server! AWESOME! :)

I know it is harder to build relationships when you don't know the people, but for quick runs that is great!

I don't like most MMO's, I don't like subscription models, and I couldn't stand any of the Final Fantasy games that I tried. I just bought a PS4 and this was part of the bundle. I honestly didn't expect much from it, but I put it in anyway just to have a look. I'm now hooked on the thing and will actually be subscribing when my free month runs out.

Thanks for the advice, I guess I'll get the PS3 version, and if I like it enough I'll upgrade to PS4. I can sell the game as long as I don't upgrade right? It just wouldn't have the first month free right?

WolvenOne

Now, I do have a question for the few folks out there that got a mirror.

Does, it really make that much of a difference? On paper it looks like only a half step upgrade. I mean, granted, Going from ilvl95 from 90 is only a half step upgrade too, I suppose.

Sorian

Banned
I hope you never get a mirror then.

I'm thinking I'll finally get it around kill 300. GG yoship GG.

Also, how sad to wish more suffering on me ;_;

Does, it really make that much of a difference? On paper it looks like only a half step upgrade. I mean, granted, Going from ilvl95 from 90 is only a half step upgrade too, I suppose.

It's completely a half step upgrade and I look at the fact that an upgrade will only get me +1 to weapon damage, crit, and det and +3(?) to intelligence and think its not really worth it but I want an ilvl100 weapon and I'd rather it be the one with crit/det instead of spell speed/det. Odds are my animus will be done before I get the mirror though.

It makes your weapon glow and that's really fucking important

Aeana

Just found out Duty Finder is cross-server! AWESOME! :)

I know it is harder to build relationships when you don't know the people, but for quick runs that is great!

It's cross-server within your server group, sadly not across all servers. But that's good enough usually.

Kssio_Aug

Just registered at GAF guild website for Ultros.
Can some Gaffer find me in the game to submit an Application?

My game ID is: KssioAug

Thanks a lot!

Mozendo

FC leader is running fates
keeps dying.
Ask if I can join since I'm a conjurer and he's in the same map
Get ignored
He dies some more
Ask again
Ignored again
Few minutes later everyone in the FC is all of a sudden doing fates and I'm getting ignored in chat.

:V I think I'm going on a new server. Ultros seems nice

WolvenOne

EVEN MORE REASON TO GIVE ME A MIRROR

I still think killing levi 100 times with the wave version of a weapon should also automatically upgrade it.

Edit: But 2.2 was the RNG patch apparently.

They should just make it an Achievement, that rewards you with a Mirror, yes. XD

Edit: Keep in mind though, even if they added such a feature today, it wouldn't help you much. The game hasn't had a reason to keep track of your Leviathan wins until now, so it'd start tracking them from the patch forward. So, if you've done Leviathan a hundred times now, you'd have to kill him a hundred more times to get the achievement.

Same thing happened for us Tanks. Chances are, if they counted the eight man content we've done before this most recent patch, you'd be seeing a lot more Tanks running around on Bears and Lions.

Sorian

Banned
FC leader is running fates
keeps dying.
Ask if I can join since I'm a conjurer and he's in the same map
Get ignored
He dies some more
Ask again
Ignored again
Few minutes later everyone in the FC is all of a sudden doing fates and I'm getting ignored in chat.

:V I think I'm going on a new server. Ultros seems nice

I will always recommend that GAF members come to ultros because we are awesome and have people online all the time but, out of curiousity, why didn't you just join them anyway? If you wanted to run FATEs, you don't have to be in the same group (yes there are some perks but nothing huge).

They should just make it an Achievement, that rewards you with a Mirror, yes. XD

I fully expect them to add this in but then make it so that the achievement isn't retroactive. And then this happens:

guy-punching-computer-screen-o.gif

WolvenOne

I will always recommend that GAF members come to ultros because we are awesome and have people online all the time but, out of curiousity, why didn't you just join them anyway? If you wanted to run FATEs, you don't have to be in the same group (yes there are some perks but nothing huge).

I fully expect them to add this in but then make it so that the achievement isn't retroactive. And then this happens:

guy-punching-computer-screen-o.gif

See my prior edit. XD

I don't think it'd be malicious though, like I said, they've had no reason to track the number of times you've killed Leviathan.

Sorian

Banned
See my prior edit. XD

I don't think it'd be malicious though, like I said, they've had no reason to track the number of times you've killed Leviathan.

You'd actually be surprised the kinds of stats these games keep behind the scenes. I certainly wouldn't be surprised if they didn't count past wins but I also wouldn't be quick to use the tank mount as precedent for it either because the thing about the tank mount is that it was an addition made to get people playing as tanks and it would be pointless to just hand them out to tanks who had done a bunch in the past because then they may not tank going forward. And yes, I know that the real logical conclusion is that if someone has tanked that much in the past with no reward then they must like tanking but SE gonna SE sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom