• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dang0

Hey guys, just picked this up for ps4, its my first real mmo, I'm liking it so far, but I'm having trouble reading the font for the main mapon my modest sized tv. The other fonts are fine but I can't read the map unless I drop the resolution. Is there anyway to increase the map font size any more then the large setting in the map font setting, or maybe change the font colour so its easier to read?

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
Hey, I just hit level 50 and finished the main story. Are there any good guides out there on where to go from here? Not really sure what to do next..

I'm on level 19 now, and everything seems to open up quite a bit. Great! Only thing is... There are so many low level quests available to me now. I assume most of these will be related to class guilds so I won't need to bother with them?
Are there any quests that offer great rewards or are just plain fun around that point in the game? If so, will the "Recommendations" option always guide me there? Starting city was Gridania btw!

Sorry for the load of questions, but there are so many options for me right now as to what I can do in the game and I don't just want to do one story quest after another :D Thanks for your help!

Fake edit: Also again a shout out to anyone here who plays on Phoenix. I know most of GAF is on Ultros, but I was naive to select a European server at the beginning I guess :p

I would like to know why the leader of Limsa Lominsa has a sawed off shotgun and we don't.

Screen%20Shot%202014-04-27%20at%202.27.40%20AM.png

The same reason a certain person in 2.2 story can do
ninja moved
and we can't. It will be adding to a proper retail expansion pack, I hope.

dcye

Fake edit: Also again a shout out to anyone here who plays on Phoenix. I know most of GAF is on Ultros, but I was naive to select a European server at the beginning I guess :p

I do, but I'm not going to be of much use to you. I have all classes maxxed and generally only run endgame stuff because there's no reward in lower levels until new jobs come out. You can hit me up if you want though, in game name is Jeral Ba'ken.

katagai

Hey guys, just picked this up for ps4, its my first real mmo, I'm liking it so far, but I'm having trouble reading the font for the main mapon my modest sized tv. The other fonts are fine but I can't read the map unless I drop the resolution. Is there anyway to increase the map font size any more then the large setting in the map font setting, or maybe change the font colour so its easier to read?

System -> Character Configuration -> UI Settings -> Map Font Size

EDIT: Just realized you already knew about that option. Use L1 + right stick to zoom in and out.

Does anyone know if the time cards are limited to region in the US and EU? I have a UK account, but live in Canada. I'm tempted to pick up a time card, but if it won't work I'll just sub again by credit card, but it's awkward paying in pounds.

I wish there was a way of changing my account's region. I got this game as a gift on GMG, so I couldn't really decide the region

Dang0

System -> Character Configuration -> UI Settings -> Map Font Size

EDIT: Just realized you already knew about that option. Use L1 + right stick to zoom in and out.

Text stays the same size. No matter, i'll just use the lower resolution till I get a bigger tv. Also, are there any gaffers on Cerberus who'd like to play with someone whos never played an mmo before?
I'm guessing no, heh.

Finally hit iLvl 90 yesterday and progressed up to Turn 5. I've been fairly lucky with the loot in the coil so far, got all the DRG gear I can so far (according to the iOS app) in a handful of runs. And just like in Crystal Tower, the cuirass dropped for me on my very first run. /mandervilledance

CLBridges

That 16-bit video SE did with everyone fighting Titan Extreme, that just played out almost exactly for me today. Joined a PF group which was started by members of another FC. One of their healers was really, really bad. Each attempt, they were basically dead b/f heart or shortly afterward. We got the 25% echo buff so the ones who could stay alive basically carried out the phases after Gaolers.

We down Titan and guess what drops, the Nightmare whistle. Never in the many extreme attempts I've had has this whistle dropped. But, guess who gets the roll. The healer who was dead since Heart stage and basically didn't carry their weight at all lol. I think SE must pity those who make a valiant effort but fail so horribly. No derpgoon, but was just as funny to me.

Amir0x

Banned
I've never had Odin spawn on top of me before. I'm sure that was a hoot.

Ever since they fixed Odin so that he doesn't disappear and you can actually target him in a crowd, I don't think that Ultros has ever failed to kill him every time he pops.

We didn't even get close. Seemed like there was a billion people on the field, and we literally only notched off like 20% of his health before time ran out.

But I sorta like that, makes it seem a challenge and like something to collectively work toward.

The FATE system is actually really sweet, it's what is making me really connect with this game. I feel like at least while things are new, it just lends an element of unpredictability to my travels - like, what town is going to get raided while I'm sitting there? Like I was on a bridge doing a mainquest line quest, and then all of a sudden there was a FATE that said Prelude in the title, and then Act I, Act II and so forth. By the last Act when the guards were like "we take the fight to them now, charge" it seemed like dozens of us were running down the field and take those fuckers down, seemed hype. wasn't hard, but a nice sense of community.

Anyway, the only issue I had with Odin was it made my game slow to a crawl, first time that's ever really happen. I run pretty much all max settings and get consistent 35-60fps (sometimes it drops a little lower when cities are overpopulated, and it's always 60 in any instance; usually around 45 in the fields), but when Odin came and all those people were there, my framerate was like literally 10fps. Might have to fiddle with the settings a bit when I know I'm going to Odin heee

danthefan

What is the story with high level players doing really low level FATEs?

I see a FATE a bit away on the map, head towards it, and by the time I get there a load of lv 50s have it finished. This is in a level 5-10 zone.

Part of our irregular series of Things I Found In My PS4 Screenshots Folder.

What is the story with high level players doing really low level FATEs?

I see a FATE a bit away on the map, head towards it, and by the time I get there a load of lv 50s have it finished. This is in a level 5-10 zone.

They are grinding FATEs to get a rare drop (atma) to upgrade their relic weapons.

T.O.P

Banned
I'm thinking of switching to Ultros for the Gaf FC, how much does it cost as of now and how do i do this?

(been on Ultros with my PC char back on release and i wanted to go EU this time around on PS4 but finding good groups sucks)

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Thank you SE for making it impossible to recover my account even when I am inputting the goddamned One-Time Password Emergency Removal code.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
The FATE system is actually really sweet, it's what is making me really connect with this game. I feel like at least while things are new, it just lends an element of unpredictability to my travels - like, what town is going to get raided while I'm sitting there?

Best description of the FATE system yet pre-50.

The FATE system is awesome...until they started to put quest/storyline/progression items behind them. Then they literally become the worst thing ever. Luckily, that doesn't happen until post 50 (well, 44 if you do Beastman Dailies...)

hey does anyone know how I can get the titan-egi? I'm up to lvl 39 on my main quest an Summon II still just summons the topaz carbuncle. What am I doing wrong?

Kssio_Aug

About the craft items I get when killing monsters, should I just sell them or they will have some good utility for me later?

Also I am a level 11 Marauder, may I keep levelling Vit and Str only?

And there's best way to make money while low level, then doing quests?

hey does anyone know how I can get the titan-egi? I'm up to lvl 39 on my main quest an Summon II still just summons the topaz carbuncle. What am I doing wrong?
Did you defeat Titan in the story? Do your next Summoner quest in Gridania.

About the craft items I get when killing monsters, should I just sell them or they will have some good utility for me later?

Also I am a level 11 Marauder, may I keep levelling Vit and Str only?

And there's best way to make money while low level, then doing quests?
Well, do you plan on becoming a crafter? That would answer your question.

You should only put points in VIT, not STR.

You do not need any more money than what the game gives you in low levels, so you should not worry about that. By the time you hit 50, you'll have enough money to buy lv49 accessories and the relic quest weapon. If you have only battle classes, the best way to get money is simply to search the market board for stuff you can get, take a look at their prices and farm.

A cool update for this game would be that if you are using cross-class skills against trash mobs, the class from which those skills belong attain 5% experience of the fight.

Istaerion

Can the PS3 version still be upgraded to the PS4 version free of charge? Is there any time limits or requirements for it to be accomplished?

I'm looking to purchase a PS3 copy for $19.99, but would definitely reconsider if it's locked to the PS3 and nothing more.

Amir0x

Banned
Best description of the FATE system yet pre-50.

The FATE system is awesome...until they started to put quest/storyline/progression items behind them. Then they literally become the worst thing ever. Luckily, that doesn't happen until post 50 (well, 44 if you do Beastman Dailies...)

well thanks for spoiling the future :p

Kssio_Aug

Well, do you plan on becoming a crafter? That would answer your question.

You should only put points in VIT, not STR.

You do not need any more money than what the game gives you in low levels, so you should not worry about that. By the time you hit 50, you'll have enough money to buy lv49 accessories and the relic quest weapon. If you have only battle classes, the best way to get money is simply to search the market board for stuff you can get, take a look at their prices and farm.

I dont think I will become a crafter, usually I dont have enough time and patiance for that. lol

About the Marauder stats, I should put exclusively VIT? You mean not a single point in STR? I just allocated my points once (2 in Vit and 1 in STR).

Also, I was thinking about trying an Archer job, can't I buy it at Limsa Lominsa? I couldnt find it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom