• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

Mining takes forever to level up... Jesus... Currently at LV 27. Goldsmith is at 32 right now, but damn is it getting expensive. It's becoming a grind to get the mats I need.

Leves, survival manuals, supply missions from GC, etc. Its just so boring, thats what gets to you.

dark_chris

Mining takes forever to level up... Jesus... Currently at LV 27. Goldsmith is at 32 right now, but damn is it getting expensive. It's becoming a grind to get the mats I need.

FC buffs, leves, food effects, survival books that give xp bonuses, supply missions.
While youre doing all that, listen to some other music or watch a show while youre occupying your time. It becomes easier to deal with it. :)

SkyOdin

The best way to level mining is to do a lot of field-leves. Unless they radically changed them, they are definitely the fastest way to get gathering exp. You can make some decent money while you are at it, too. You should be doing crafting leves to build up Goldsmithing as well.

Goldsmithing shouldn't be costing you too much money if you are a miner. Unlike Blacksmithing, just about everything that Goldsmithing requires can be mined. Building up the two will take some time, but shouldn't be too costly. I ended up much richer than the average player thanks to getting money from leves and making my own stuff when it was possible.

I can sympathize, however. It took me a lot of effort to level up mining and my crafting jobs. Just try to make stuff you can use, and don't waste effort on making a lot of stuff for no reason. Do be prepared to mine a lot of stuff though. I mined up about 500 pieces of mythril ore, and then burned that all up and more leveling up Blacksmithing, Armorsmithing, and Goldsmithing.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Man, I love this game and I haven't even really dug into it yet.

Finally got my THM to 26 and got Swiftcast! With my CNJ already at 20, I switched back to my ACN to finish my last 8 DPS levels. Can't wait to start doing the higher level dungeons as a healer. Halatali actually made things more interesting than the first batch of dungeons.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
How is it playing as a healer? Is it any good soloing?

It's not tough at all, you get an ability to temporarily swap your Magic Attack stat (INT) and your Healing stat (MND) for solo stuff. It's not as fun as a DPS like MNK or DRG but it does the trick until you can focus on the fun co-op content.

Amir0x

Banned
ohhh man i should have started leveling up other classes earlier, now the game is opening up :O

I like this system a lot

Frazley

Getting differing opinions and google searches on this:

1. Some say you lose rank and seals if you change grand companies.
2. Some say there is an achievement for joining all 3 GCs.

What is the official answer on these two?

jiggle

Yes u start from scratch when you switch GC
Things like barding from previous GC become useless also

AlexIIDX

Do I have any chance of getting into Leviathan or should I stop wasting my time until like 4am. Do they open up randomly or just at set times?

Paprikka

You keep your seals and I believe your rank, but those things are specific to each GC, so you'll be at the lowest rank and with zero seals for your new GC. If you ever switch back though you'll get access to your seals again.

Also keep in mind while the first swap is free, for each one after that you have to wait a month and pay (I think) 50k gold.

Aeana

1. This is false.
2. There is.

When you switch GCs, your rank in that GC is retained and you keep the seals for that GC, but they are obviously only available to that GC. When you switch back to that GC later, you get your old rank and your old number of seals back. Ranks are separate per GC, so if you switch to a new GC for the first time, you'll be rank 1 in it of course.

Edit: Sniped by Saff. :(

Aeana

I was going through my screenshots and found this wonderful petrified pose from turn 7.

ff14-dahdahdahdahhhh.png

Frazley

You keep your seals and I believe your rank, but those things are specific to each GC, so you'll be at the lowest rank and with zero seals for your new GC. If you ever switch back though you'll get access to your seals again.

Also keep in mind while the first swap is free, for each one after that you have to wait a month and pay (I think) 50k gold.

1. This is false.
2. There is.

When you switch GCs, your rank in that GC is retained and you keep the seals for that GC, but they are obviously only available to that GC. When you switch back to that GC later, you get your old rank and your old number of seals back. Ranks are separate per GC, so if you switch to a new GC for the first time, you'll be rank 1 in it of course.

Edit: Sniped by Saff. :(

Thanks to you both! When will the achievement show up under achievements? I also assume swapping will be told to me by a quest either by following the story or ranking with my GC.

Thanks for the help, I love achievements and I also wanted to make sure I could at some point get those other GC achievements.

Paprikka

Thanks to you both! When will the achievement show up under achievements? I also assume swapping will be told to me by a quest either by following the story or ranking with my GC.

Thanks for the help, I love achievements and I also wanted to make sure I could at some point get those other GC achievements.

There's actually a whole slew of achievements for each GC, you can see them all under the Grand Company tab at the bottom of the achievement window. Most of them deal with levequests, seals, and provisioning/supply quests which make for a lengthy grind. The one for completing the hunting log isn't too bad though, and gives a mammet pet for each GC you complete it with.

dcye

Oh quick question about changing GC's, do you have to quest them up like the first one (ie. Do Darkhold, AV etc)?

Frazley

There's actually a whole slew of achievements for each GC, you can see them all under the Grand Company tab at the bottom of the achievement window. Most of them deal with levequests, seals, and provisioning/supply quests which make for a lengthy grind. The one for completing the hunting log isn't too bad though, and gives a mammet pet for each GC you complete it with.
Thanks, this will be something I will do much later on. :)

After I while, I just stopped leveling up the craft and field classes. The stuff i was getting from the grand companies was better than tradeable gear of higher levels.

And there's no slots of the grand company stuff so i was like……..whats the point??? The gear that I make aint better than the grand company stuff I can buy and I can't put materia in them. Those were my two reasons for leveling up the hand classes.

I did my level 15 group dungeon. I think I'm the only one who read the tutorial and hotbar-ed my limit break because no one else seemed to be using them.

Ken

I did my level 15 group dungeon. I think I'm the only one who read the tutorial and hotbar-ed my limit break because no one else seemed to be using them.

I had an Ifrit HM roulette yesterday where none of the healers would LB despite it being probably being the best situation to LB I've seen ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom