• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandfox

I got a ton of stuff done yesterday and I'm getting closer to becoming a Dragoon lol

Damn, I think only Adamantoise, Diabolos, and Moogle opened last night.

The list will update again in 20 minutes. I made an alt on Ultros two days ago at 4 without even looking at the list lol.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
There's a 5 hour gap between the last server update and the next one. I'd bet a whole dollar that Ultros is open right now.

Kssio_Aug

You can just save your char appearence and try eventually. I tried Ultros at the 1st time I got into the game and wasnt able to enter there. However few hours later I just tried again and I was able to.

Frazley

To those asking about Grand Company switches, when you switch, you star over

You have to do all the quest dungeons and GC Hunting Logs again
All your old GC company gear becomes useless
Your GC Bardings (if you purchased with seals) are not allowed to be worn (they're greyed out)
You keep your Rank and Seals of previous GC at wherever you left them
There is a grace period of 30 days after switching to switch again

First switch is free, every switch afterwards is 50,000 Gil.

If you are chasing the Achievement awards, get ready to invest a lot of time and gil
It roughly takes 3.5 months to get the first 3 Rewards:
The Shield of said GC *500,000 GC Seals Earned* (You have to spend seals, if you max out, the extra seals you earn don't count)
The Earring (Trade in 500 Supply items (Crafting), can trade in 8 a day (8 Crafts), so doing the math, 30 day * 8 = 240/month, so roughly 3 months)
The Ring (Trade in 200 Provisions items (Gathering), again if you do 3 everyday, need 67 days, but the Fish can be the worst here, especially if you're 50, this will be extra time if you only do 2 and occasionally 3, if the fish is not hard to get or buy-able from the MB)
New thing they added was the 500 Levequest done for the GC
You only get 42 leves a week, 6 a day, 3 every 12 hours, so 180 Leves every month, with a 100 Leve Allowance cap, again ned roughly 3 months to get it
*One great thing about the GC Leveuest Achievements, you don't have to be that GC to those said leves. You can pick up any of the 3 GC's leves and get the Seals reward for the FC you are and the Achievement bar still fills up for other FC that you aren't in with*

I got the 500,000 Seals for Immortal Flames and Twin Adder
Have the 500 Supply Earrings for Immortal Flames and Twin Adder
Have the 200 Provisions Ring for Immortal Flames and soon to be Twin Adder (Only 15 Trade-Ins away, so 5 days)

After getting those and hopefully hit 50,000 cap for Twin Adder, I will just pay the 50,000gil fee and move onto Malestrom to finish of the Trifecta
Should be done right after 2.3 drops

Then back to Ul'dah and start ranking up again with the new stuff they will be adding for GC's in 2.3 and repeat the whole process again for all 3 GC's

Realizing you can fill the achievement bar of other FC's for the Bracelet, it helps out a fuck ton, now I have a place to burn leves every week, even found the easiest Leves which take roughly 3 minutes each and earn seals for the GC I'm in

Also doing this helps fill out the Challenge Log stuff to earn you extra gil!

I'm thinking I'll just worry about 1 GC for now.

Are you saying if I do Maelstrom and then switch if I switch back in have to do their hunting log again?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
For some reason I'm thinking of that one guy who spent years getting every available achievement in WoW.
Not to play down graverobberx (or maybe to speak more highly of him depending on how this is taken) but the WoW thing is WAY different. That guy HAD TO be literal cumulative months (years) of /played. He had every achievement/mount before it was converted to a feat of strength. Every holiday achievement (some like Easter can take three or more years to get). Every server first which I am guessing cost a ton of money for server moves which he already said he did. I am almost certain there are feats for all of the collectors editions including yes the vanilla CE. not to mention feats for CEs for every other blizzard game. Graverobberx's feats here are impressive, but out of 11m playing at its heights, that might be the only wow account we ever see do that. And to emphasize this fact further, for another account to actually do it would mean a legacy account that has all of the feats that have been unibtainable for 5+ years. If you don't have that vanilla CE feat that alone will run you $2500-5000 these days.

Frazley

Not to play down graverobberx (or maybe to speak more highly of him depending on how this is taken) but the WoW thing is WAY different. That guy HAD TO be literal cumulative months (years) of /played. He had every achievement/mount before it was converted to a feat of strength. Every holiday achievement (some like Easter can take three or more years to get). Every server first which I am guessing cost a ton of money for server moves which he already said he did. I am almost certain there are feats for all of the collectors editions including yes the vanilla CE. not to mention feats for CEs for every other blizzard game. Graverobberx's feats here are impressive, but out of 11m playing at its heights, that might be the only wow account we ever see do that. And to emphasize this fact further, for another account to actually do it would mean a legacy account that has all of the feats that have been unibtainable for 5+ years. If you don't have that vanilla CE feat that alone will run you $2500-5000 these days.
!!!!!!!!

Ok you made me realize I lost sight of achievements. I don't need EVERY achievement and I can't get EVERY achievement. For now I will be happy with my GC, the stuff there has opened up more than I can do already. Plus the stuff they will continue to add.

This game is about choices and people can do it all or as little as they choose. :)

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Question RE: my Retainer

If i'm an ACN, and I set my retainer job to ACN, will she reset to level 1 when I switch her to SCH or will she continue ACN 30 onto SCH 31? Just wondering if I should bother with using my seals to level her now or wait til I unlock my job.

I got a ton of stuff done yesterday and I'm getting closer to becoming a Dragoon lol

Keep on keeping' on... just another week or so for my job!

Number45

OK thanks - one more question: does my gear need to be repaired before I equip it to my retainer or does condition not apply to them?
I would assume that you're fine as long as they're not broken. I can't imagine they'll take damage as a part of the ventures themselves (although it would be quite cool of they did).

Level 42 WHM, the other day I completed the Stone Vigil story dungeon after finally finding a competent tank. I'm going to put a hold on farming for the rest of the battlemage set until endgame for glamour purposes. Public Light Parties for Dungeons and Guildhests are still toxic in attitude towards me, especially when the final boss at Stone Vigil one-shotted me (at full health) near the end of the fight.

This is the part where I put a hold on the story quests and focus on THM in order to obtain Swiftcast to lighten the burden of Raise. Are there any leveling tips I should know about other than the Moogle Cap? Also, I keep seeing people using their Chocobos in battle - how can I do so as well?

dramatis

Level 42 WHM, the other day I completed the Stone Vigil story dungeon after finally finding a competent tank. I'm going to put a hold on farming for the rest of the battlemage set until endgame for glamour purposes. Public Light Parties for Dungeons and Guildhests are still toxic in attitude towards me, especially when the final boss at Stone Vigil one-shotted me (at full health) near the end of the fight.

This is the part where I put a hold on the story quests and focus on THM in order to obtain Swiftcast to lighten the burden of Raise. Are there any leveling tips I should know about other than the Moogle Cap? Also, I keep seeing people using their Chocobos in battle - how can I do so as well?
The Hunting Log and the Challenge Log should alleviate the burden of exp for a bit. If you're really determined, about 1-2 hours of fate farming in Western Than (to lvl 10) and Western La Noscea (above lvl 10) will pull you up to lvl 15, where you can start running dungeons.

If you haven't ate up your sidequests leveling your main class, you can use a few to grab extra bits of exp.

Overall though, I still recommend getting WHM to 50 first, because every class leveled after that gets a bonus.

Hasney

I play on Shiva if anyones about on there. Fancy starting an FC if there was enough interest as the few I've been a part of have been pretty dull.

oneHeero

I made a character and coukdnt get into the Ultros server yesterday at anytime. Can someone give me better details as to when it's open to join? I know it's PDT but I logged into at 9pm pdt and couldn't get on ultros. Is it open everyday, just at certain times? Or is it hit and miss?

DrDamn

On UK PSN FF XIV is almost £10 cheaper, could I download it pair it with the PSN and S-E account and then upgrade to the PS4 version?

The cheapest option is to find a disc copy at Game or Asda - both sell for ~£8 in-store. The disc is just a delivery mechanism, once installed it doesn't need it.

Hasney

The cheapest option is to find a disc copy at Game or Asda - both sell for ~£8 in-store. The disc is just a delivery mechanism, once installed it doesn't need it.

£5 in HMV for the PS3 version.

Works nicely as a 30 day subscription as well if you've already done the PS3 > PS4 upgrade, so it might be worth picking up 2 copies if you plan to play on PS4.

Kssio_Aug

Wanted to play today but tomorrow and after ir Ill have 2 exams in my Law university course. And I am not doing good in one of them. So I guess today I may need to study a lot. Damn! T-T

DrDamn

£5 in HMV for the PS3 version.

Works nicely as a 30 day subscription as well if you've already done the PS3 > PS4 upgrade, so it might be worth picking up 2 copies if you plan to play on PS4.

Oh good tip. I've not actually started properly yet, loved the Beta but have a gentleman's agreement with a friend to wait for the summer lull before we start playing. So essentially any PS3 copy I can grab comes with a code I can stack on an existing account to get another 30 days?

Hasney

Oh good tip. I've not actually started properly yet, loved the Beta but have a gentleman's agreement with a friend to wait for the summer lull before we start playing. So essentially any PS3 copy I can grab comes with a code I can stack on an existing account to get another 30 days?

Not sure if the 30 days stacks or becomes the start of 30 days from that point since it's a "trial" 30 days. I'm waiting until the end of my current 30 days to try just in case.

Iorv3th

Is it possible to download the client and play on PC if I buy a ps4 version and have an account?

Will probably get the game on PS4 tomorrow but might be nice to have the option to play on PC as well.

Not sure if the 30 days stacks or becomes the start of 30 days from that point since it's a "trial" 30 days. I'm waiting until the end of my current 30 days to try just in case.

I don't think they stacked in FFXI. Think you had to create a new account.

SRTtoZ

Is it possible to download the client and play on PC if I buy a ps4 version and have an account?

Will probably get the game on PS4 tomorrow but might be nice to have the option to play on PC as well.

You need to own the PC version as well as the PS4 to play on both systems.

Hasney

You can get 2 30 days out of 2 PS3 copies though, 1 just has to be upgraded to PS4. I just don't know if those 2 30 days stack or it's 30 days from your most recent product registration.

Kssio_Aug

You need to own the PC version as well as the PS4 to play on both systems.

I added the game to my Wishlist on Steam. As soon as it gets 75% diccount I may buy it there. By the game nature I dont think it will be hard; probably at any special seasonal offering.

O RLY?
i0q68CCiJmYcV.jpg

jon bones

How do you copy and paste on remote play? Trying to report another RMT.

i did that a lot when i first started but then just ignored them. i wonder if there's a way to block all global messages...

Wanted to play today but tomorrow and after ir Ill have 2 exams in my Law university course. And I am not doing good in one of them. So I guess today I may need to study a lot. Damn! T-T

so glad this game dropped after grad school :D

let me know when it's minfillia 😍

D23

What's the fastest way to earn grand company seals?? I accidentally dumped all my attribute points to piety instead of mind last night. So fucking pissed .. I just need like 4000 more seals so I can reset it

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I'm thinking I'll just worry about 1 GC for now.

Are you saying if I do Maelstrom and then switch if I switch back in have to do their hunting log again?

I'm just a special case don't mind me
I'm a Trophy Whore by nature, so I try to see patterns and chase after Virtual Goods (be it of no value to to others, but to me they are) as efficiently as possible

To your question, no
Once you do everything Maelstrom and switch over to Twin Adder and go back to Maelstrom, everything you did in that GC reverts back
You won't have to start over

Right now I'm 50,000/50,000 Seals and Max Rank with Ul'Dah + Immortal Flames
Even though I'm Twin Adder at the moment, I can still see my 50k/50k seals for Immortals on my Character Page, just Greyed out
Once I switch, I'll have both Immortal & Twin Greyed out and Maelstrom will be active

I like chasing the goodies in this game, it maybe huge time wasters to others or people that say they will eventually get it, some are just strong-headed and want to get ASAP

I chased after Mining Luminary Pick-Axe, 2 weeks of 8 hours a day of straight mining to get it
Botany was a month+, due to me burning out on Mining Luminary
Working on Fishing Casually, it requires to much time and can't be steamrolled

Same goes Crafting Luminaries, they will cost you a fortune if you try to truck through the requirements, but if you slowly chip away at it, little by little you get to see the finish line

I enjoy collecting things that are Rare, they might signify "Holy Shit this guy has no life, why on earth would you do that?", to others and myself it just feels like there was a Challenge or task put forth, I completed it
Not many 500,000 GC Shield running around even as Vanity, I have 2/3 from the GC, going after Maelstrom next
To me it's worth it!

What's the fastest way to earn grand company seals?? I accidentally dumped all my attribute points to piety instead of mind last night. So fucking pissed .. I just need like 4000 more seals so I can reset it

Guildhests
Fates
Turn-Ins (HQ Preferably if you are the rank that you are allowed to do this)

After getting all Crafting and Gathering classes to 50, farming and making my own mats for turn-ins, everyday if I do full trade-ins, I make from 7500-9000 Seals daily
HQ + Star request give you roughly 1500+ Seals

dcye

I wasn't trying to be insulting, just for the record. The time you've put in is on another level to what I have done (and I've put a load in) and I just can't imagine playing much more than I do. Its impressive and I appreciate the work you do and the information you give out.

But for srs, dats cray.

Semper88

Grind Fates and GC Leves... good luck =)

suedester

Banned
Just had to heal a three man party through Copperbell as a Thaumaturge at work on my Vita via remote play. Did fine until the final boss, too many adds. Why does it always seem to be healers that drop out of the duty finder just as you are entering the dungeon :(

jon bones

I wasn't trying to be insulting, just for the record. The time you've put in is on another level to what I have done (and I've put a load in) and I just can't imagine playing much more than I do. Its impressive and I appreciate the work you do and the information you give out.

But for srs, dats cray.

Seriously, that's impressive dedication. What do you do for a living GraveRobber? Do you RP from your Vita at work?

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

But for srs, dats cray.

When your life revolves around this game and not the other way around, yep!, I has a problem

Keeps me busy

As a funny side-note, I started waning off FFXIV, I couldn't find a FC/Coil 2 Group was gonna start going back to trophy whoring
I sprained my right foot on Friday while getting out of bed, my right foot rolled over my laptops AC adapter, and for the last 3 days I've been in such huge pain

Amazingly, I put on FFXIV to numb the damn pain to keep myself busy, and keep my brain active towards that and not my foot pain

Did roughly 30+ Bray HM to help out people farming up for their books, I just use the Myth to make gill off the 500 Myth items, seriously those items sell *the right ones though*

Hell I even supply my stuff now to a crafter in need and I'm their pusha', they my addict =D

I like when there are challenges and tasks to be finished, I like doing them, I may not be the norm

I mean you have to be crazy one son of a bitch and farm Button Mushrooms 8 straight hours and walk away with 47 Stacks...

Frazley

I'm just a special case don't mind me
I'm a Trophy Whore by nature, so I try to see patterns and chase after Virtual Goods (be it of no value to to others, but to me they are) as efficiently as possible

To your question, no
Once you do everything Maelstrom and switch over to Twin Adder and go back to Maelstrom, everything you did in that GC reverts back
You won't have to start over

Right now I'm 50,000/50,000 Seals and Max Rank with Ul'Dah + Immortal Flames
Even though I'm Twin Adder at the moment, I can still see my 50k/50k seals for Immortals on my Character Page, just Greyed out
Once I switch, I'll have both Immortal & Twin Greyed out and Maelstrom will be active

I like chasing the goodies in this game, it maybe huge time wasters to others or people that say they will eventually get it, some are just strong-headed and want to get ASAP

I chased after Mining Luminary Pick-Axe, 2 weeks of 8 hours a day of straight mining to get it
Botany was a month+, due to me burning out on Mining Luminary
Working on Fishing Casually, it requires to much time and can't be steamrolled

Same goes Crafting Luminaries, they will cost you a fortune if you try to truck through the requirements, but if you slowly chip away at it, little by little you get to see the finish line

I enjoy collecting things that are Rare, they might signify "Holy Shit this guy has no life, why on earth would you do that?", to others and myself it just feels like there was a Challenge or task put forth, I completed it
Not many 500,000 GC Shield running around even as Vanity, I have 2/3 from the GC, going after Maelstrom next
To me it's worth it!

Guildhests
Fates
Turn-Ins (HQ Preferably if you are the rank that you are allowed to do this)

After getting all Crafting and Gathering classes to 50, farming and making my own mats for turn-ins, everyday if I do full trade-ins, I make from 7500-9000 Seals daily
HQ + Star request give you roughly 1500+ Seals
That is good to know. This game offers so much choice, it is amazing! :D

I will one day go and help the Immortal flames, the GC of my homeland! I chose the Maelstrom because their speech spoke to me the most.

Hasney

The constant bugger and bollocks of the Maelstrom attracted me to them also. Ended up going with the Adders purely since I started in Gradania.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom