• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

leng jai

My PS3 copy just arrived. Is there a guide for upgrading straight from PS3 to PS4? Also which server is the guild on, Ultross or something? I'm assuming it's full at the moment.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I did my level 15 group dungeon. I think I'm the only one who read the tutorial and hotbar-ed my limit break because no one else seemed to be using them.

Limit Break is shared between the party. Mostly Melee DPS should be using it for most dungeons.

Hasney

My PS3 copy just arrived. Is there a guide for upgrading straight from PS3 to PS4? Also which server is the guild on, Ultross or something? I'm assuming it's full at the moment.

Install the game on PS3, login once, go to mog station on your PC and there'll be a banner telling you to upgrade. Click that, redeem the code in the PSN store and you're done.

grimmiq

Haven't played in a few months, here's where I left off..

ffxiv_2014_04_28_16_33_47_642_zpsb835948d.png

Picked up the PS4 version this morning so I could grind through my last 2 classes (Fish/Bot) on my Vita in bed. Any suggestions on newer content I should be looking into first off? Also any links/tips for DRG rotations? I have all combat classes leveled but not geared at all.

Kenai

Picked up the PS4 version this morning so I could grind through my last 2 classes (Fish/Bot) on my Vita in bed. Any suggestions on newer content I should be looking into first off? Also any links/tips for DRG rotations? I have all combat classes leveled but not geared at all.

There's a lot of new story missions and they lead to Levi so you can unlock his EX fight which drops pretty good weapons once Mirrored. You can unlock and run Brayflox and the other dungeons for lvl 70 gear tomes til you can get into Coil 1-5 since those are on the DF now. That's prolly your best bet for new gear.

grimmiq

There's a lot of new story missions and they lead to Levi so you can unlock his EX fight which drops pretty good weapons once Mirrored. You can unlock and run Brayflox and the other dungeons for lvl 70 gear tomes til you can get into Coil 1-5 since those are on the DF now. That's prolly your best bet for new gear.

Ahh cool, guess I'll burn through all the story quests, should help me remember the controls again, thanks.

Claymore

Regarding the story and the Calamity, in which area are the effects of it visible? I've looked around the different Shrouds but haven't seen the scorched earth yet.

Ken

Regarding the story and the Calamity, in which area are the effects of it visible? I've looked around the different Shrouds but haven't seen the scorched earth yet.

Wasn't Coerthas all sunny and green before? I didn't play too much of 1.0.

leng jai

So I'm trying to log into the Mog Station but it's asking me for a one-time password which I don't have. I just made a SE account.

EDIT: Nevermind you can just leave it blank.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
To those asking about Grand Company switches, when you switch, you star over

You have to do all the quest dungeons and GC Hunting Logs again
All your old GC company gear becomes useless
Your GC Bardings (if you purchased with seals) are not allowed to be worn (they're greyed out)
You keep your Rank and Seals of previous GC at wherever you left them
There is a grace period of 30 days after switching to switch again

First switch is free, every switch afterwards is 50,000 Gil.

If you are chasing the Achievement awards, get ready to invest a lot of time and gil
It roughly takes 3.5 months to get the first 3 Rewards:
The Shield of said GC *500,000 GC Seals Earned* (You have to spend seals, if you max out, the extra seals you earn don't count)
The Earring (Trade in 500 Supply items (Crafting), can trade in 8 a day (8 Crafts), so doing the math, 30 day * 8 = 240/month, so roughly 3 months)
The Ring (Trade in 200 Provisions items (Gathering), again if you do 3 everyday, need 67 days, but the Fish can be the worst here, especially if you're 50, this will be extra time if you only do 2 and occasionally 3, if the fish is not hard to get or buy-able from the MB)
New thing they added was the 500 Levequest done for the GC
You only get 42 leves a week, 6 a day, 3 every 12 hours, so 180 Leves every month, with a 100 Leve Allowance cap, again ned roughly 3 months to get it
*One great thing about the GC Leveuest Achievements, you don't have to be that GC to those said leves. You can pick up any of the 3 GC's leves and get the Seals reward for the FC you are and the Achievement bar still fills up for other FC that you aren't in with*

I got the 500,000 Seals for Immortal Flames and Twin Adder
Have the 500 Supply Earrings for Immortal Flames and Twin Adder
Have the 200 Provisions Ring for Immortal Flames and soon to be Twin Adder (Only 15 Trade-Ins away, so 5 days)

After getting those and hopefully hit 50,000 cap for Twin Adder, I will just pay the 50,000gil fee and move onto Malestrom to finish of the Trifecta
Should be done right after 2.3 drops

Then back to Ul'dah and start ranking up again with the new stuff they will be adding for GC's in 2.3 and repeat the whole process again for all 3 GC's

Realizing you can fill the achievement bar of other FC's for the Bracelet, it helps out a fuck ton, now I have a place to burn leves every week, even found the easiest Leves which take roughly 3 minutes each and earn seals for the GC I'm in

Also doing this helps fill out the Challenge Log stuff to earn you extra gil!

IMBored

So guys, I have almost 1000 myth, should I buy the shirt first, or accessories? I have a lv60 chest piece but my necklace and rings are about 40. On the other hand, buying accessories instead of main armor pieces seems dumb. I'm at ilv51, I need that 52 for garuda hm, as well as chimera.

Ken

So guys, I have almost 1000 myth, should I buy the shirt first, or accessories? I have a lv60 chest piece but my necklace and rings are about 40. On the other hand, buying accessories instead of main armor pieces seems dumb. I'm at ilv51, I need that 52 for garuda hm, as well as chimera.

Since there's no weekly myth limit anymore it really doesn't matter.

i50 is full AF isn't it? If I were you I would get enough Myth accessories to hit i55, then suffer through endless Crystal Tower until your left side was full i80 CT set. Then you'll be set all the way through EX Primals and Coil 1-5 where you can gear up in drop i90 pieces while also gathering Myth to buy i90 pieces which didn't drop for you.

Ken

i50 is full AF isn't it? If I were you I would get enough Myth accessories to hit i55, then suffer through endless Crystal Tower until my left side was full i80 CT set. Then you'll be set all the way through EX Primals and Coil 1-5 where you can gear up in drop i90 pieces while also gathering Myth to buy i90 pieces which didn't drop for you.

there's always brayflox hm

Kule

It's visible in the whole game. All of the huge orange crystal formations around the world from Bahamuts attack and also the giant pieces of Dalamud which act as coil entrances.

Taruranto

Armor pieces first for the VIT bonus.

Get the level 50 accessories from dungeons/market board.

IMBored

I'm actually a bit better than AF, only wrist and pants still on it. The rest is gear I got from wp or pharus, il60 stuff. Maybe I'll start buying some myth pants and necklace, as that is still a il36 one.

WolvenOne

Speaking of which, as a Paladin, would fracture help just a bit, or waste of TP?

In eight man content, if both Tanks put fracture on the enemy, it does noticeably speed up the health gauge going down. It's not a night and day difference but yeah, getting a few fractures stacked on an enemy helps.

More importantly however. Fracture generates a not insignificant amount of enmity, that is applied over time. This is not typically enough to steal enmity off a Tank that's built a healthy lead of course, but, it does make it a little more difficult for enmity to be taken off the tank.

As such, as with any enmity generating move, wait until the main tank has established an enmity lead over you before using Fracture.

This is particularly helpful in instances where you're going to have to switch between multiple targets, such as in Moogle Mog EM.

Just in case you're worried about stealing aggro with Fracture:

/micon "Fracture"
/ac "Fracture" <t>
/p (Fracture) --> <t> (Just used it.) (Watch your aggro!) <se.9>
/wait 16 [or if WAR: /wait 28]
/p FRACTURE GOING DOWN <se.11>
/p (dragoon) (Please assist.)

WolvenOne

Just in case you're worried about stealing aggro with Fracture:

The lead Tanks enmity would have to be pretty darn iffy for the Fractures dot to take it off. So unless you are using it mere seconds after the other tank used provoke, and they hardly followed up on it, it shouldn't be a problem.

It's less an emnity taking move, and more a move designed to prevent enmity from slipping off of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom