• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Wow I had no idea. Good to know.

As far as chat options within the game. Other than a keyboard, can I use anything else. I read about the iphone/ipad app. I downloaded it (Libra Eorzea), but can't figure out how to chat with it. I have a USB keyboard, but it doesn't have lit keys. Since I mostly play at night with the lights off, this is sort of a problem. Is there an app on PC? I could use my notebook that does have a lit keyboard. That would work much better for me, unfortunately google isn't helping me any here.

If you download the mumble app, have a mic, and enable push-to-talk you can get on voice chat with us.

Other than that a keyboard is your only option.

Ken

Having an account that allows more than one character costs more a month.

Technically you're right, but it's more like the regular sub price allows you to have multiple characters (which is standard for every P2P MMO I've played) versus a cheaper budget sub with only one character.

Shamdeo

Technically you're right, but it's more like the regular sub price allows you to have multiple characters (which is standard for every P2P MMO I've played) versus a cheaper budget sub with only one character.

To add to what Ken has to say: you can be every class on one character, so paying the entry (1char/1server) subscription doesn't feel very restrictive. Ideally you'll never need more than one.

Can I also equip the other jobs of gladiator? Not at the same time of course.

Jobs are basically stones that you equip, once you have the right class up to level 30 and subclass to level 15 you can do a quest to get the stone and when you equip it while playing as that class you become the job class.

Gladiator's only job is Paladin but some of the other classes have two jobs, I assume you can get both job crystals by just getting the relevant subclass to level 15.

If you download the mumble app, have a mic, and enable push-to-talk you can get on voice chat with us.

Other than that a keyboard is your only option.

That's disappointing. I swear I read something in this thread about using an Android or iOS app to chat, but maybe I got it wrong.

Sorian

Banned
Then nevermind. I can see why SE doesn't want to support it.

To give you some better background. Usually, choosing a class in an MMO is a locked decision and what you choose is what that character will be forever. That's why a lot of MMOs like to support alt characters because they know people willl want to have multiple classes at the ready. FFXIV circumvents that system because your single character can do every single class in the game at the drop of a hat. It's a nice system but, in exchange, SE doesn't really need to officially care abotu alts because,as far as they are concerned, you don't need an alt.

That's disappointing. I swear I read something in this thread about using an Android or iOS app to chat, but maybe I got it wrong.

There is a PS4 app that can be used as a keyboard. I'm assuming thats what you read about. There is also probably a mumble app since I know other voice client programs have apps.

Teknoman

I can see summoner limit break making slightly bigger/more detailed egis for the aoe strikes.

I guess this means no more omnislash?

Mairu

Logged on a little bit before our raid to see if I could crank out a fate or two from the atma book I'm working on.

Giant Seps! It spawned! I engage and realize at 5% that I forgot to equip the atma weapon and I can't change weapons in combat.

Fuck this stupid quest line

Sorian

Banned
Logged on a little bit before our raid to see if I could crank out a fate or two from the atma book I'm working on.

Giant Seps! It spawned! I engage and realize at 5% that I forgot to equip the atma weapon and I can't change weapons in combat.

I don't see how the quest line was stupid in this scenario.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Oh man. Giant Seps is around a 4 hour respawn. Enjoy the wait!

Kssio_Aug

I was going to play right now, and got this message when tried to login:

"Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account."

Thankfully, I could reset my password and re-enter the game. But, what may have been the cause to such issue?? Im a little worried now, my 1st time playing was saturday.

I noticed however, when I changed my password, that it should have numbers AND letters. That should be the problem them? Since my password had only numbers.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

"Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account."

Thankfully, I could reset my password and re-enter the game. But, what may have been the cause to such issue?? Im a little worried now, my 1st time playing was saturday.

I noticed however, when I changed my password, that it should have numbers AND letters. That should be the problem them? Since my password had only numbers.

Use One Time Passwords if you can.

cress2000

Thankfully, I could reset my password and re-enter the game. But, what may have been the cause to such issue??

May or may not be your problem, but my friend deals with this every day because she has a dynamic IP (she has a security token on the way so she can use One Time passwords).

SkyOdin

Can I also equip the other jobs of gladiator? Not at the same time of course.

Jobs work just like classes: they are equipment based. You change into a job by equipping a specific item called a Soul Crystal. You can then change back into your base class merely be de-equiping the Soul Crystal. Likewise, you can change from one job into another job with the same base class just by swapping which Soul Crystal you have equipped. Easy as that.

WolvenOne

If a boss doesn't need to be stunned, which is most bosses, you can use it whenever.

I use it as a quick attack that I bury between the third part of my rotation and Fracture. The duration of fracture lasts about as long as the cool down for brutal swing, and the OGCD damage it does compensates for Fractures initial damage being rather low.

Kssio_Aug

Macros could use that delay animation on their icons. I created one to do a simple combo action (just 2 skills followed one by another) but sometimes I mistake its timing since its always like avaiable.

Tabris

By the way, for those looking to get good dungeon gear as levelling, the 2 dungeons you want to run most are Brayflox and the first 3 dungeons. Foestriker/Acolyte/Plunder will last you into your 20's and Calvalry/Infantry/Battlemage will last you into your 40's. For multiple jobs.

How to get all the Player Commendations:

1) Name your character Marzipan Cupcake*
2) Complete party events**

I wish this was a joke, but not really.

*If that name is not available, try something similar.
**Support as much or as little as you want in the party, it doesn't matter.

dcye

Stun is a complex beast. The use of Brutal Swing is really just a subset of knowing how to use stun. There are going to be fights (such as the Dhorne Chimera) where, if there is a dedicated stun guy, you should absolutely not use Brutal Swing. If you do use it, it will increase the boss's stun resistance and potentially get the party killed.

Wait, what? Who is still stunning the Chimera? Is this still a thing? :/

Korezo

Anyone here a end game pld? I'm about to use my pld again for end game and want to know how to hold hate on like 6-8 mobs as a pld. I want to start try doing brayflox runs as my pld but hold hate on all targets is a problem when a BLM is in the group, while with a warrior it's super easy.

Ken

Anyone here a end game pld? I'm about to use my pld again for end game and want to know how to hold hate on like 6-8 mobs as a pld. I want to start try doing brayflox runs as my pld but hold hate on all targets is a problem when a BLM is in the group, while with a warrior it's super easy.

when you're tagging mobs on the way to say, right before the first plank with the wandering coeurl, you want to use your shield lob on everything before you get there so something like a simple eye for an eye won't rip a mob off you because it's technically unengaged with you and has no hate on you. i see a lot of tanks just shield lob one or two on the way and when the healer does as little as /comfort to the tank it'll rip off a bunch of enemies.

once you get to the spot where you'll be sitting around tanking everything, you literally just spam flash with a defensive CD up, and swap to riot blade combo when at 0 mana.

i use fracture as a warrior. it's good when you need low enmity damage. it also ticks when you have to move away from the target/target moves away from you. i throw it out when i can spare the TP and it doesn't interfere with combos. it's a good skill if you want to play your warrior 100%, because 3 rotations aren't enough and we need more options. it's also more fun. it's useful, but it could use a little buff to pressure more people to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom