• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

proccor

Neo Member
Was thinking of picking up the game on PC and playing it casually. Would I be getting my monies worth when I would only be dedicating a couple of hours or more a week? Or is this game that requires more of a vanilla WoW dedication?

WolvenOne

Was thinking of picking up the game on PC and playing it casually. Would I be getting my monies worth when I would only be dedicating a couple of hours or more a week? Or is this game that requires more of a vanilla WoW dedication?

Well, the game can be played casually fairly well, for the most part. It's only the Extreme Primals and Coil that give casual players any long term trouble, and they're mostly optional fights, "for the time being."

Mr.Fresh

I have literally been trying to get this running on my PS4 for the last 4 hours. Downloaded my free PS4 version , bought 30 days, and the game won't let me log in, I change password it lets me log in but wants me to transfer my character from PS3-PS4 I didn't upload my character so I call they tellll me they can do it on their end, so he says he does it And that I just need to restart the app. Ever since then I've been on the phone with them 7 times because I can log into the website but it won't let me log onto the game. They're telling me my PS4 won't let me write the password right so I need to buy a USB keyboard to get it to work, etc , ETC. And now I'm just out off $15

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I have literally been trying to get this running on my PS4 for the last 4 hours. Downloaded my free PS4 version , bought 30 days, and the game won't let me log in, I change password it lets me log in but wants me to transfer my character from PS3-PS4 I didn't upload my character so I call they tellll me they can do it on their end, so he says he does it And that I just need to restart the app. Ever since then I've been on the phone with them 7 times because I can log into the website but it won't let me log onto the game. They're telling me my PS4 won't let me write the password right so I need to buy a USB keyboard to get it to work, etc , ETC. And now I'm just out off $15

It sounds like you downloaded the client, bought game time, but never bought a license.

If that is the case, you need to actually buy the game (it comes with 30 days game time)

Kssio_Aug

Free PS4 version? How you got that?
I think diablos991 may be right. Are you sure you have the PS4 game license?

Maybe you just downloaded the game for free, since it seems that you have the PS3 version, but need to buy the PS4 license. If thats the case I believe you can do the upgrade at the Mog Station, if theres an option for that.

Edit:
Here, it may be about your problem:
"All PlayStation 3 owners of Final Fantasy XIV will be able to upgrade to the PlayStation 4 version of the title for free. Your character will transfer over with no issue, and you'll be able to pick up right where you left off. The only catch is that if you upgrade to the free PS4 version, you won't retain access to the PS3 version. So if you want it for free, you're basically only allowed to play on one console version. You'll still have the option of buying the PS4 version if you want access to both, but we imagine most people will opt for the free upgrade."

Have you tried access the game on your PS3? If youre able it means they did not made the transference.

Also, that keyboard talk seems bs. But dont you have an USB keyboard on your PC? If you do, plug it on your PS4 and try the access. Thats a strange problem.

The Craze

Neo Member
A couple pages back I posted about upgrading from the PS3 version to PS4. I went ahead and bought and downloaded the PS3 version last night, downloaded it and this morning logged in to register myself, then upgraded to PS4 through Mog Station. When it spat out a code to enter in to the PSN store for the PS4 version, apparently the code has already been used. What? So I went looking for support contacts and I find this message that their email support has been down since the 24th and it could be a while until it's back up. Ugh, frustration.

EDIT: And I just spied this gem on their FAQ about registering codes

*Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. are not responsible for lost, stolen, or used promotion codes.

Sweet. This should be fun.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
A couple pages back I posted about upgrading from the PS3 version to PS4. I went ahead and bought and downloaded the PS3 version last night, downloaded it and this morning logged in to register myself, then upgraded to PS4 through Mog Station. When it spat out a code to enter in to the PSN store for the PS4 version, apparently the code has already been used. What? So I went looking for support contacts and I find this message that their email support has been down since the 24th and it could be a while until it's back up. Ugh, frustration.

*Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. are not responsible for lost, stolen, or used promotion codes.

Probably would have been a better idea to just buy the PS4 version if that is what you intended on playing. Maybe Square has things in-place to screw those who buy the PS3 version just to upgrade and save a few bucks.

aceface

Just download the client from the PSN store on PS4. Don't need a code.

It automatically links to your PSN account. No need to enter the code (usually).

DSN2K

PXI.jpg

There I am :) names Sebastian Strider and Im on ragnarok. My question is anyone got any good UI examples, I wanna change cause I dont think i'm getting the best out of default one.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
There I am :) names Sebastian Strider and Im on ragnarok. My question is anyone got any good UI examples, I wanna change cause I dont think i'm getting the best out of default one.

nice alliteration there

my least favorite part of the game are the Game of Thrones or Final Fantasty character name -_-

Probably would have been a better idea to just buy the PS4 version if that is what you intended on playing. Maybe Square has things in-place to screw those who buy the PS3 version just to upgrade and save a few bucks.

lots of people have done this already... and why would square offer a deal and then put things "in place to screw them over"?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
nice alliteration there

my least favorite part of the game are the Game of Thrones or Final Fantasty character name -_-

lots of people have done this already... and why would square offer a deal and then put things "in place to screw them over"?

I'm just giving you shit for being such a cheap ass.

Try logging in again and leave the "One Time Password" field blank.

Only fill out your username and password.

draw4wild

Just registered my code, now downloading updates. Probably will take me a bit to sort thru all the items that were on my retainer but it cant be worse than sorting thru your inventory in 1.0. I hope there wasn't some rule like you lost all the money on your retainer or something since thats where I kept it all. I think I had 40ish million when I stopped playing.

My plan is to level arcanist to relearn the game, am I going to have to do every quest over again? I know I had the main story done and all the job quests but weren't all of these replaced?

Eyerox

Just registered my code, now downloading updates. Probably will take me a bit to sort thru all the items that were on my retainer but it cant be worse than sorting thru your inventory in 1.0. I hope there wasn't some rule like you lost all the money on your retainer or something since thats where I kept it all. I think I had 40ish million when I stopped playing.

My plan is to level arcanist to relearn the game, am I going to have to do every quest over again? I know I had the main story done and all the job quests but weren't all of these replaced?

Oldretainermoney * .1 = newretainermoney

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Did you download the client or play open beta 2 before registering the code? Downloading the client is the same thing as registering the code so you'll get an error cause the system thinks you're trying to claim something you already own. Just log in/redownload the client if you don't have it anymore.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=70333

As for the error being "This code has already been used", Sony did some backend stuff a couple of months ago which changed their error code system. For some dumb reason the system now spits out error codes that are incorrect so I wouldn't worry about it.

Aeana

You can probably bet on at least one being support (we only have 1 support class in the game currently)

I wouldn't say we have any. If you're talking about bard, they still put out super high DPS.
I don't think there's any room in the game's paradigm for actual support classes, either.

Chemist would be a nice support class, they can heal but also use their potions for other things like debuffing the enemies or buffing the party with things like Haste or Faith...or Bravery.

Grinchy

Banned
Does anyone else have this issue with the HUD on PS4?

I moved everything around to my liking. But the Duty List is always a pain in my ass. I keep it in the bottom right corner of the screen, but it re-positions itself on its own to be below my screen space. I have to nudge it back up a few pixels every time I boot the game. And sometimes when I open up a new quest, the list goes back to being underneath my screen space and I have to nudge it again.

McSpidey

Ultros is full so my friend couldn't make a character on it to play with me.
Also looks like I'll have to pay to switch to their server.
This is my first MMO and that kinda blows.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
i would really like a full support class that was just buffs/debuffs like crazy.

I'm just giving you shit for being such a cheap ass.

Try logging in again and leave the "One Time Password" field blank.

Only fill out your username and password.

are you talkin to the other guy?

What's wrong with names like Sonya Khaleesi or Cloudee Striife?

ughhhhhh

my name is pretty sweet, and matches my gaf tag & irl tattoo: Hanuman Swiftwind

What's wrong with that? :(

It's easier than just random garbage since the game forces you to have a first and last name.

I'm a hater, don't mind me... it just feels unoriginal and kind of lame using such an "in vogue" fantasy world. at least bogart a more obscure fantasy name so you're not the 10,000th Stark running around.

Kssio_Aug

Ultros is full so my friend couldn't make a character on it to play with me.
Also looks like I'll have to pay to switch to their server.
This is my first MMO and that kinda blows.

Dont worry. Tell him to create a char at other server just while he cant join Ultros and learn the game basics, and then he can eventually try entering Ultros at any time. I believe everyday, at some moment it becomes avaiable.

My 1st attempt I had to create a char at Malboro. Some hours later I tried again and could enter Ultros.

McSpidey

Dont worry. Tell him to create a char at other server just while he cant join Ultros and learn the game basics, and then he can eventually try entering Ultros at any time. I believe everyday, at some moment it becomes avaiable.

My 1st attempt I had to create a char at Malboro. Some hours later I tried again and could enter Ultros.

Is there a way to save your character setup info after you've completed it and you're live on a server?

Kssio_Aug

Is there a way to save your character setup info after you've completed it and you're live on a server?

You can save your character appearence. Just after finishing creating one it will aske if he wanna save it. Then, later, when he tries to join Ultros he can just load that appearence there.

Its not possible to transfer his character of the other server though (his level, abilities, items, and so on). But I recommend him to try every couple hours while he plays, im sure he will be able eventually. Many players here had to wait also.

Jomjom

Banned
Playing a MMO on a controller is going to take some getting used to. Oh boy.

I used to think this too after playing only on PC for 1.0 and ARR until the PS3 version was released. But surprisingly, it's actually really easy to get accustomed too. I'm able to do pretty much everything I can on KBM and find it easier to dodge with sticks too. Also no wrist pain.

Grinchy

Banned
I used to think this too after playing only on PC for 1.0 and ARR until the PS3 version was released. But surprisingly, it's actually really easy to get accustomed too. I'm able to do pretty much everything I can on KBM and find it easier to dodge with sticks too. Also no wrist pain.

I even played the PC beta with a controller, so I've never actually used KB/M for this game. I think that has helped a lot in my transition to only using a controller.

There are times when some weird mishaps take place and I yell at my controller but it's infrequent.

leng jai

Yeah I'm sure I'll get used to it but I spent most of my time in the first two hours failing at the controls. Saw a lot of GAF tags running around though.

First time player looking for some guidance here. I have no idea what to do to get started in this game. I am an archer, and I did some little missions and got my guy to level 5, and now the head archer person wants me to shoot targets around town, and I have no idea how to shoot them, and beyond that, I just feel like I have no idea what I should be doing.

Jomjom

Banned
Yeah I'm sure I'll get used to it but I spent most of my time in the first two hours failing at the controls. Saw a lot of GAF tags running around though.

A lot of making the controller work well is in your settings and macro setup. Just make sure you don't mix off-GCD and GCD skills into one macro on one combination.

NysGAF

So I bought a PS4 for this game and two weeks later I had to get a Vita to fit in even more game time. The results have been less than impressive. It's tough not hitting those rear touch pad buttons and at one point I set the device down on my lap and without knowing how, activated Mouse mode or something. I couldn't read the screen clearly enough to deactivate it and was screwed. My poor party.

Sorian

Banned
First time player looking for some guidance here. I have no idea what to do to get started in this game. I am an archer, and I did some little missions and got my guy to level 5, and now the head archer person wants me to shoot targets around town, and I have no idea how to shoot them, and beyond that, I just feel like I have no idea what I should be doing.

I believe he tells you to use a particular skill to shoot them. Target the targets around town and then click/use the certain skill to hit the target.

Past that, just work on leveling and doing things that come up. You're in Gridania (I think) and you should see a bunch of quest givers on the map (Bubbles with exclamation points), talk to them and do their quests.

Kssio_Aug

Just go to the target place (it may be marked on the map) and target it with X (if youre playing on PS4) and use the skill asked on the quest log.

About what you should be doing, while so low level just keep doing quests. Talk to everyone with the "!" mark on their heads and keeping doing that, you will take a nice ammount of exp and some new gear.

Also, I reccommend as soon as possible, to do the hunter log (pres start > duties > hunter log) they give a nice ammount of exp and some gil, and you can do it while hunting your quests.

You can also joing some FATEs to get the reward.

When you reach level 10 you will e able to access the Duties list and do some more special kinds of quests and keep progressing.

Shamdeo

That quest is a little tricky, but the targets can be found here.
http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/A_Matter_of_Perspective

It's best to level the class you start off with to Lv. 50, but if you feel like changing, you'll be able to after the main story quest at Lv. 10. If you decide to continue Archer, definitely do the main scenario quests - they often unlock and introduce more features and quests in the game on a gradual basis. Do the side quests in the zones you're sent to appropriate for your level and so on.

Taruranto

I wouldn't say we have any. If you're talking about bard, they still put out super high DPS.
I don't think there's any room in the game's paradigm for actual support classes, either.

Gotta agree. The Battle System doesn't have the same complexity as XI and most content is run as 4 men, as opposed to XI "You need at least 1 full party for anything".

Pure support classes just don't fit the fast playstyle XIV has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom