• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayhawk

That is probably from the reduced framerate when I converted the movie to a GIF. :)
The icons don't change until 1 second after the action is activated, so that also fools the eyes.

Teknoman

But what if they introduce an Engineer/Gadgeteer/Puppeteer job, and you call yourself Tony Stark?

On that note, Magitek pets would be kinda cool.

mmaaaannnnnn, forget that macro stuff, I have NO idea what I'm doing.

Your pretty much writing scripting code.

I don't even got the patience to sit down and learn it either. nah son, ill pass on that.

Astra

Bluebird is too cute

DbBltP7.jpg

draw4wild

So my legacy character is on Masamune which is a Japanese data center. You think its worth calling to try and get a free transfer out of them or just suck it up and pay up to move to a NA one?

Milly79

That is probably from the reduced framerate when I converted the movie to a GIF. :)
The icons don't change until 1 second after the action is activated, so that also fools the eyes.

Where's BS in your rotation? I thought you were basically looking at 2-3? Full rotations before reapplying DK? I'm no expert at all and am still learning a bit. Definitely seeing myself doing more than most monks in the df.

Jayhawk

Where's BS in your rotation? I thought you were basically looking at 2-3? Full rotations before reapplying DK? I'm no expert at all and am still learning a bit. Definitely seeing myself doing more than most monks in the df.

Bootshine is on hotbar 1, position 2.
I use '1' key for flank abilities, '2' key for rear abilities, '3' key for the aoe/other shit. I am hoping this effort leads to simpler decision-making on my part later in longer fights without having to think about whether I want to be pressing CTRL or ALT at a given time.

klee123

Yeah, but I wanted to get my DRG XD

Basically the way I see it is to level up the class you enjoy playing the most. Once you level that up to 50 and then decide to level up other classes, you'll level them much much quicker.

When I was leveling up my bard, just doing a low level roulette gave me some insane exp like over 200K when I was at higher levels.

Tash

Yeah, I've found myself pointing out places for my carbuncle to retreat to. A lot of it is just me not prioritizing.

I really like the macro I made to not have to use too many pet commands on my hotbar:

/micon Place Pet
/pac "Place" <me>
/pac "Heel" <me>

Makes it much easier for me to constantly move Eos if I have to. Very handy for Levi or later coil turns.

Phlebas

Banned
I got a opo opo baby, put it up for 700k, but I think I might keep since Gil seems worthless in this game and I always wanted one.

Since it was right when they came out I knew it would sell. I figured that eventually they'll drop low enough where they won't be expensive or I'll just get one from a Map again.

IMBored

Want to again thank the guys that carried me in my first CT run. First time I did anything close to a raid, I still don't understand much of what happened. The best part is because I was trapped by a claw at the end of the boss, when the fight finished I was still trapped by a phantom claw that drained my health until I died.

King_Moc

Banned
Has anyone that's levelling fishing had any joy catching a Titanic Sawfish? I'm not convinced it even exists and I need it for a quest. It's 400,000gil on the market board :-/

Number45

Has anyone that's levelling fishing had any joy catching a Titanic Sawfish? I'm not convinced it even exists and I need it for a quest. It's 400,000gil on the market board :-/
Haven't checked this information our, but there are a lot of comments here about it.

EDIT: On that note, and to the people that have been having trouble with the Android app (or would just prefer the information in a browser):

http://xivdb.com/?news/29/XIVDB--Libra--Awesome-New-Game-Data-added

Hey folks!

I've added the official games mobile application "Libra Eorzea" to our dat mining process, this allows us to get some game data which is not found in the dats or is simply difficult to obtain from the dats!

I've added some new game data to test this process and in future the new data will be added during patch time, this includes:

• Loot lists for all dungeons/raids
  • The glamour item required for equipment

I will be digging through the Libra application over the next few weeks to see what else we can use it for to help shape the database!

Enjoy!

Dunan

There I am :) names Sebastian Strider and Im on ragnarok. My question is anyone got any good UI examples, I wanna change cause I dont think i'm getting the best out of default one.

This is an picture of my television (PS3, so genuine screenshots are more trouble than they're worth), and I've tweaked it since then, but I like having the HP/MP stats and hotbars in the bottom right corner:

WolvenOne

Brayflox was the first time I actually felt fully able to tank. The enmity boost from defiance was huge. Warrior becomes so much better after that, and I have new combos to play with as well. :)

Thank you so much for this.

Defiance is a real game changer for Mauraders/Warriors. True, the loss in DPS is unfortunate, but all that HP, and the extra enmity you generate, makes the class perfect for picking up large groups of mobs.

Especially with Bloodbath+Beserk+Vengeance+Overpower Spam. Once enemies get caught in that blender it's almost impossible to lose enmity on them, and large mobs can go down pretty darn fast that way.

Makes them great for speed running Brayflox HM. XD

Joe T.

Joy? Nope, but I seem to have spent far less time fishing one up than a lot of other people posting about it around the web, so I guess I got lucky. I spent a couple of hours trying for it without any luck my first attempt. Second time around I figured I would sit back and try for it while watching an NHL playoff game, caught it in maybe 10 minutes. I was using a floating minnow.

If it was that expensive on Sargatanas I'd go back to fish another one up. It was 100K and dropping (like everything else) when I last checked.

Alucrid

Banned

I would imagine you have to be a 50 fisher to get it. I haven't had any luck yet though.

King_Moc

Banned
I would imagine you have to be a 50 fisher to get it. I haven't had any luck yet though.

Yeah, I am. It's given me a quest to catch it. It's level 70 and the majority of people mentioning it on the Internet have been batching that they can't catch it. Some have gone over 1000 fish without getting it :/

Might as well call it atma fish.

Alucrid

Banned
Yeah, I am. It's given me a quest to catch it. It's level 70 and the majority of people mentioning it on the Internet have been batching that they can't catch it. Some have gone over 1000 fish without getting it :/

Might as well call it atma fish.

From what I hear it's only mid morning to mid afternoon on a sunny day. Every time I mooch a HQ Wahoo I hold my breath only to be greeted by a silver shark.

draw4wild

Is there a guide for returning 1.0 players and what needs to be redone? Like i cant find my chocobo, is there a new unlock quest?

Also it took me about 2 hours yesterday to clean up my inventory and sell off all the cracked materia. There's
only one or 2 items I haven't been able to find (most notable, the goldsmith luminary) do I have to reclaim this award somewhere? Or the CE/legacy rewards? I still have other achievement based items like paragons crown and chocobo mask

Rektash

For the people that are using macros on GCD abilities:

You guys realize you are trading your comfort for actual dps there, right? Since FF 14 doesn't let you queue up macros between each two macrod GCD abilities, you are adding a "your latency" length timeframe in between each two used abilities. Depending on what exactly you do, you drop between 2 and 8% dps by using macros on GCD abilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom