• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the people that are using macros on GCD abilities:

You guys realize you are trading your comfort for actual dps there, right? Since FF 14 doesn't let you queue up macros between each two macrod GCD abilities, you are adding a "your latency" length timeframe in between each two used abilities. Depending on what exactly you do, you drop between 2 and 8% dps by using macros on GCD abilities.

Mahou and his anti macro message!

dramatis

Is there a guide for returning 1.0 players and what needs to be redone? Like i cant find my chocobo, is there a new unlock quest?

Also it took me about 2 hours yesterday to clean up my inventory and sell off all the cracked materia. There's
only one or 2 items I haven't been able to find (most notable, the goldsmith luminary) do I have to reclaim this award somewhere? Or the CE/legacy rewards? I still have other achievement based items like paragons crown and chocobo mask
Chocobo is unlocked through joining a grand company in the storyline and then doing chocobo quest to get 2000 GC seals to exchange for a whistle, after that you can use any mount you have.

Achievement items are picked up from a guy in Old Gridania way in the north section where a pond kind of is, you can find him if you explore a bit.

Kssio_Aug

Is every class in the game fun to play?
Im level 18 Marauder, and that is the only class I played until now, but, differently from most online RPGs I am very satisfied with the class until now (usually I get tired of a class pretty quick). Cant wait to become a WAR.

Ken

Is every class in the game fun to play?
Im level 18 Marauder, and that is the only class I played until now, but, differently from most online RPGs I am very satisfied with the class until now. Cant wait to become a WAR.

Mmm, kind of. BLM, WHM, PLD have pretty straightforward gameplans so I find them on the lower end of the fun spectrum.

PLD have pretty straightforward gameplans so I find them on the lower end of the fun spectrum.

That is exactly why I find PLD fun. Fuck being a healer man, I don't think I could cope with the stress. It's bad enough as a tank which is easy - I get anxious and almost have panic attacks before any group stuff.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Of all the things that you could nitpick about. Nevermind that lots of us with Thrones inspired names have been reading the books since the 90's and are not doing it because it happens to be a TV show that is en vogue at the moment.

Yeah but I can't tell the difference between first edition book owners and tv watchers in a sea of Greyjoys... though they may not become popular til Victarian shows up.

Semper88

That is exactly why I find PLD fun. Fuck being a healer man, I don't think I could cope with the stress. It's bad enough as a tank which is easy - I get anxious and almost have panic attacks before any group stuff.

PLD = 1,2,3,1,2,3,1,2,3

Not much stress there.

Warrior is imo more fun.. more combo's with different effects but indeed a bit more thinking.

Jayhawk

For the people that are using macros on GCD abilities:

You guys realize you are trading your comfort for actual dps there, right? Since FF 14 doesn't let you queue up macros between each two macrod GCD abilities, you are adding a "your latency" length timeframe in between each two used abilities. Depending on what exactly you do, you drop between 2 and 8% dps by using macros on GCD abilities.

My hotbar changing macros are still being tested, but I see what you mean. I am likely going to move the hotbar changing portion out of the GCD abilities (making GCDs back to non-macros) into buttons on my right-mouse to still make it simpler on my left-hand to hit GCD abilities and dodge things at the same time.

Semper88

It costs no TP and you don't have to aim it, I'm surprised some WAR players even bother using Overpower.

Enmity on OP is way and way more then flash.. I've used flash on low lvl but now i'm running hardmode dungeons and having DPS around that have ilvl100 weapons or more flash aint worth crap.. so yeah low lvl content it helps and with pulling it can assist but thats all.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Has anyone that's levelling fishing had any joy catching a Titanic Sawfish? I'm not convinced it even exists and I need it for a quest. It's 400,000gil on the market board :-/

Shit was easy to catch

2 in 45 minutes, the next one in 2 hours

Sold 1, gave 1 to a friend, used the last one for myself

Lugworm > HQ Goby > HQ Wahoo > Titanic
Best possible option
I eat Jack-O' Lanterns
Secret trick, /sit when you start fishing, if you got through the Mooch chain, the animation for Titanic is very different, your avatar will stand up and will look like an eternity for it to fish up

If you on Ultros I can help ya out later, give you a GAF discount of 25%

The only thing is you need a 3 hour block (real time), from 6am-6pm Eorzean Time (roughly 25 minutes real time), and sunny/clear skies
Materia slotted in helps, 1 have 0, and yet have fished up 3

I got my zenith staff last night. Any tips for doing the fates to get the atmas? Shit sucks.

Also, my FC is doing T5 tonight, but I am worried because my item level is only 85. Hopefully I don't hold us back.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Shit was easy to catch

2 in 45 minutes, the next one in 2 hours

Sold 1, gave 1 to a friend, used the last one for myself

Lugworm > HQ Goby > HQ Wahoo > Titanic
Best possible option
I eat Jack-O' Lanterns
Secret trick, /sit when you start fishing, if you got through the Mooch chain, the animation for Titanic is very different, your avatar will stand up and will look like an eternity for it to fish up

If you on Ultros I can help ya out later, give you a GAF discount of 25%

The only thing is you need a 3 hour block (real time), from 6am-6pm Eorzean Time (roughly 25 minutes real time), and sunny/clear skies
Materia slotted in helps, 1 have 0, and yet have fished up 3

With maxed out gathering and perception, they are pretty damn easy to pull up if you get the right weather/time.

No food needed.

Interfectum

~38 Dragoon... I'm really liking the battle system, the graphics, the overall feel of the game, the dungeons, etc... but man these quests fucking suck. I don't think they could have been more obvious with simply wasting people's time and prolonging the leveling experience. I think the Costa del Sol questline before Titan almost broke me. So much fetching.

I hope for the expansion they come up with better quests.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I got my zenith staff last night. Any tips for doing the fates to get the atmas? Shit sucks.

Also, my FC is doing T5 tonight, but I am worried because my item level is only 85. Hopefully I don't hold us back.

i83 was fine for that fight before all the echo buffs.
You should be fine as long as you have your head out and do some research.

Zomba13

~38 Dragoon... I'm really liking the battle system, the graphics, the overall feel of the game, the dungeons, etc... but man these quests fucking suck. I don't think they could have been more obvious with simply wasting people's time and prolonging the leveling experience. I think the Costa del Sol questline before Titan almost broke me. So much fetching.

The shit before Titan, Before Stone Vigil and before Garuda are all tedious. I know they need to pad out the story with quests and that but it's so tedious story wise.

You are in a rush to do something in the story. A big ass primal has been summoned and you (and three other super duper guys) are the only one who can stop it. How do we get to the primal? Go speak to this guy who is totally pulling your leg and wasting your time. Then go get some wine and cheese and shit for dinner and maybe we'll tell you. Meanwhile hundreds could die while you are being a glorified post man/woman getting fucking cheese for dinner.

The stuff in Coerthas was a bit better becuase the Ishgardian politics stuff with the houses and their anti-dragon faith was kinda cool but then you have to go get pots and crystals after that and you get your time wasted because you character is a mute and can't clarify what you need, TWICE.

IMBored

You are in a rush to do something in the story. A big ass primal has been summoned and you (and three other super duper guys) are the only one who can stop it. How do we get to the primal? Go speak to this guy who is totally pulling your leg and wasting your time. Then go get some wine and cheese and shit for dinner and maybe we'll tell you. Meanwhile hundreds could die while you are being a glorified post man/woman getting fucking cheese for dinner.

Two things. One, it's never a waste of time preparing a beach party for you and your waifu. Two, Titan was just chiling on is basement pad, he wasn't hurting anybody.
But yeah, that part, and the blatant fetch quest parts are mind numbing.

XenoRaven

It costs no TP and you don't have to aim it, I'm surprised some WAR players even bother using Overpower.

Enmity on OP is way and way more then flash.. I've used flash on low lvl but now i'm running hardmode dungeons and having DPS around that have ilvl100 weapons or more flash aint worth crap.. so yeah low lvl content it helps and with pulling it can assist but thats all.
Non-enhanced Flash is not that great compared to Overpower. Plus WAR MP pool is really low. Like around 700-800 at level 50.

That said, it's still a useful skill, especially if you're speed running dungeons. On a big pull I typically Bloodbath, Unchained, Berserk, and then spam Overpower like a crazy person. Flash is helpful when I'm pacified or when I run out of TP. I'm not sure I ever use it outside of dungeons though. Maybe in Garuda when I can't hit the Spiny.

Non-enhanced Flash is not that great compared to Overpower. Plus WAR MP pool is really low. Like around 700-800 at level 50.

That said, it's still a useful skill, especially if you're speed running dungeons. On a big pull I typically Bloodbath, Unchained, Berserk, and then spam Overpower like a crazy person. Flash is helpful when I'm pacified or when I run out of TP. I'm not sure I ever use it outside of dungeons though. Maybe in Garuda when I can't hit the Spiny.

Pretty much the only time I use it. Or when I miss an enemy in the mob with Overpower and it goes straight for the healer...

Wilsongt

Whaaat? The best part of that whole chain of quests of the Roe talking about fighting Teedus in his skimpy underwear!

GraveRobberX

YAY!, One of the Fishing Achievements Get!
fKseVRp.jpg

Only 2 Regions to go!

Damn this Boarskin Treasure Map saved me 4,000 GC Seals, never seen it drop ventures and that many:
hJjag5L.jpg

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Took a bit of a Hiatus from the PC version (which I loved) due to work, however I'm ready to jump back and what a better way then jumping into the PS4 version on my big ass TV? :) Just grabbed this bad boy to accompany me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PJ4PN2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just to clarify, I can log in with my PC account and play my toon from there right? It's all one unified account?

Tell me if PS4 on a big TV is any better because I can't read NPC text on my PC to big TV.

SkyOdin

Took a bit of a Hiatus from the PC version (which I loved) due to work, however I'm ready to jump back and what a better way then jumping into the PS4 version on my big ass TV? :) Just grabbed this bad boy to accompany me: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007PJ4PN2/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Just to clarify, I can log in with my PC account and play my toon from there right? It's all one unified account?
Unfortunately not. When you bought the PC version, your account registered you to be able to use the PC client, but not the console client. If you want to use your account on a PS4, you need to purchase the PS3 or PS4 version of the game.

GraveRobberX

Ventures also drop on Peisteskin Treasure maps. It's a rolled-loot. Comes up fairly often, probably on par with ilv 70 mats.

I haven't done Peistes in eons

Just keeping doing Boars, finished all achievements for Treasure Hunting
Pesisyes are a hassle unless you can gather some people up or like Orion here and have daily Treasure Hunt @6pm-7pm daily

I remember when I used to stockpile 20 Peiste maps and beg people to come help, some people couldn't be bothered with free gil...
Usually got 4-5 interested never a full party, might try to do a stockpile and ask some GAFfers if they want free gil
Still need the goddamn Blue Bird!

Unfortunately not. When you bought the PC version, your account registered you to be able to use the PC client, but not the console client. If you want to use your account on a PS4, you need to purchase the PS3 or PS4 version of the game.

Oh, yes that was my question. I ordered the PS4 version of the game, so I will be able to use my account from the PC version on the PS4, right?

SkyOdin

Oh, yes that was my question. I ordered the PS4 version of the game, so I will be able to use my account from the PC version on the PS4, right?

Yeah, you will be able to use your old character once you register the PS4 version to yuor account. From there, you will be able to use the same account, password and everything else with both consoles and PC. You should get another free month too, I think.

orion434

Pesisyes are a hassle unless you can gather some people up or like Orion here and have daily Treasure Hunt @6pm-7pm daily

I remember when I used to stockpile 20 Peiste maps and beg people to come help, some people couldn't be bothered with free gil...
Usually got 4-5 interested never a full party, might try to do a stockpile and ask some GAFfers if they want free gil

Haha! Lately between Dress Materials, Venture Coins & Soldiery Tomes the map groups have been insanely popular. We fill up in less than 2 minutes of recruitment announcement. The maps are even selling for more then the 13,536 minimum Gil you can earn. We're actually looking into forming a second, later group :)

Still in all the maps I've done, only seen 2 Bluebirds!

Astra

You don't need a full party at all. We do it with three, a warrior, white Mage and scholar. The only fight with any challenge is the chimera one.
Ideally, you want DPS, healer and tank. Less people to split the treasure.

GraveRobberX

You don't need a full party at all. We do it with three, a warrior, white Mage and scholar. The only fight with any challenge is the chimera one.
Ideally, you want DPS, healer and tank. Less people to split the treasure.

Well only reason I want 8 is we do maps faster, I mean I'll have 20 map stockpile to burn through
8 people get gil
Last one everyone earned roughly 90K gil as 5 man, so if we had more, the Chest would give them gil + more items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom