• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

orion434

You don't need a full party at all. We do it with three, a warrior, white Mage and scholar. The only fight with any challenge is the chimera one.
Ideally, you want DPS, healer and tank. Less people to split the treasure.

Treasure isn't split, you either receive 1,692 or 5,076 Gil. It's much more beneficial to the whole group if you have a full party, each with at least 1 map

Jayhawk

I like how my post on the ff14 subreddit gave me ideas on how to incorportate skill queueing into my macro setup while still allowing me to hit GCD actions without the use of a CTRL or ALT modifier, as I find it difficult to be on the move at the same time as hitting a GCD skill on time with CTRL or ALT.

Astra

Treasure isn't split, you either receive 1,692 or 5,076 Gil. It's much more beneficial to the whole group if you have a full party, each with at least 1 map

I don't know. When it was three of us, everyone got mat drops but when we added more for a hunt or two, some of us didn't get any drops. Plus having only three people roll on the bluebird increased my chances of nabbing it. Granted the other two actually passed on the bird... The fools!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So is started with the PS4 beta and have Lvl 15 Lancer right now. My Goal would be reaching the Dragoon Class. Should i switch now to the Marauder guild and already level it to Lvl 15 or should i first continue playing my Lancer till lvl 30 ? Would love to check out a new class and area in Limsa Lominsa.

So what to do ?

WolvenOne

It costs no TP and you don't have to aim it, I'm surprised some WAR players even bother using Overpower.

Overpower deals more enmity, and the damage is deals makes it exceptionally well suited for tackling large mobs. Additionally, Because of it's high MP cost, WAR's only get a few flashes before they've out of MP, this is considerably less of an issue for PLD's, since they can restore MP reasonably fast using Riot Blade.

If you're a WAR, there are only two practical uses for Flash.

1: Not waking slept enemies. Not every party does this, but it's standard for some speed runs.

2: Better TP management. If you're going to need to spam enmity on a large number of different enemies, switching back and forth between Flash and either Overpower or Tomahawk helps immensely. This still only draws out TP/MP exhaustion out a little bit, but often that's all you really need.

However, these are only applicable for dungeon. For Trials Flash is almost always superfluous on a WAR. You're probably better off with Internal Release.

Interfectum

So is started with the PS4 beta and have Lvl 15 Lancer right now. My Goal would be reaching the Dragoon Class. Should i switch now to the Marauder guild and already level it to Lvl 15 or should i first continue playing my Lancer till lvl 30 ? Would love to check out a new class and area in Limsa Lominsa.

So what to do ?

Get your Lancer to level 30 (and get your Lancer class quest to 30) along with your Chocobo mount and the ability to have your Chocobo fight with you. Then switch to Marauder and get him to 15, then switch back.

Hasney

So what to do ?

Up to you really. Just remember that the lower class levels up quicker the higher level your main is.

orion434

I don't know. When it was three of us, everyone got mat drops but when we added more for a hunt or two, some of us didn't get any drops. Plus having only three people roll on the bluebird increased my chances of nabbing it. Granted the other two actually passed on the bird... The fools!

Good Lord! Grats on a rolled Bluebird! Since our groups are FC parties we have some rules:

1. Map-holder has 1st call on rolled loot.
2. If they pass, loot can be greed'ed
3. Map-holder teleports team to map area.

Often we have players with more than 1 map, everyone wins! More Gil, tomes, chances for Dress Materials. The contents are completely random... I have not seen any patterns in the 700+ maps we've done.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Get your Lancer to level 30 (and get your Lancer class quest to 30) along with your Chocobo mount and the ability to have your Chocobo fight with you. Then switch to Marauder and get him to 15, then switch back.

Your Chocobo can fight with you ? Okay that sounds amazing. Hmm....so i guess i should just continue the quests in Gridania then ?

Hmm decisions decisions....

Up to you really. Just remember that the lower class levels up quicker the higher level your main is.

Quicker because the enemies start at a higher level in the other cities ? Thinking of switching now because i`ve only been playing SP and i dont know how long it will take to get to lvl 30 with my lancer, might get boring so i thought of already switching it up.

Wondering if i should just pick up a Disciples of Hand job/class in between. Dont really know which of them to choose as a Lancer.

WolvenOne

How difficult is it to make Finger Sandwiches anyway? I want to see if I can buy the base ingredients for them wholesale, on the cheap, and then pay a Culinarian to go to town for me.

The viability of this plan, depends entirely on just how hard this is to pull off. If it's difficult, the compensation might end up being a bit, pricey.

Hasney

Your Chocobo can fight with you ? Okay that sounds amazing. Hmm....so i guess i should just continue the quests in Gridania then ?

Hmm decisions decisions....

Quicker because the enemies start at a higher level in the other cities ? Thinking of switching now because i`ve only been playing SP and i dont know how long it will take to get to lvl 30 with my lancer, might get boring so i thought of already switching it up.

Nah, you get an XP boost on your lower classes no matter what you kill.

Nothing is more annoying than having Copperbell Mines come up from my duty roulette and people constantly killing the blast caps after I tell them over and over not to during that fight with the green blobs.

WolvenOne

Nothing is more annoying than having Copperbell Mines come up from my duty roulette and people constantly killing the blast caps after I tell them over and over not to during that fight with the green blobs.

XD

Dat low level DPS tunneling man, high level too I suppose. A lot of players get into dungeons and immediately think.

"I'm going to kill, ALL THE THINGS!"

Granted, usually that's fine, but some fights have more mechanics then that, and I think Copperbell is the first dungeon where that becomes abundantly obvious. XD

Astra

Good Lord! Grats on a rolled Bluebird! Since our groups are FC parties we have some rules:

1. Map-holder has 1st call on rolled loot.
2. If they pass, loot can be greed'ed
3. Map-holder teleports team to map area.

Often we have players with more than 1 map, everyone wins! More Gil, tomes, chances for Dress Materials. The contents are completely random... I have not seen any patterns in the 700+ maps we've done.

Thanks!

Those are some good rules, and basically why the other two passed. I said to greed on it though, since we were all in it together (didn't argue too hard, though :p).

700 maps, Damn! We did maybe 30 and it was a hunt for dress mats. The drop rate was atrocious for me.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How difficult is it to make Finger Sandwiches anyway? I want to see if I can buy the base ingredients for them wholesale, on the cheap, and then pay a Culinarian to go to town for me.

The viability of this plan, depends entirely on just how hard this is to pull off. If it's difficult, the compensation might end up being a bit, pricey.

Too much work/time.

Just buy a stack of 99 HQ on the marketboard and enjoy not having to worry about it for a good long time.

It costs no TP and you don't have to aim it, I'm surprised some WAR players even bother using Overpower.

You can only Flash like 4 times before you are out of MP on WAR. Also only PLD gets the Blind effect from Flash as it is one of their traits. It has it's uses but you're supposed to spam Overpower for AoE threat on WAR. Flash spam for AoE threat is a PLD thing.

orion434

Note to self, level Culinarian. I hate having to spend more Gil then I have to. XD

To HQ lv 50** Food you'll need at least Byregot's Blessing ( Carpenter lv 50 ) Careful Synthesis II ( Weaver lv 50 ) & Ingenuity II ( Blacksmith lv 50 )

If you don't want to use any HQ ingredients, you'll need Waste Not ( Leatherworker lv 15 ) & 355 CP or Comfort Zone ( Alchemist lv 50 ) & around 351 Craftsmanship... something around 342 Control.

The Apkallu eggs are a pain to farm... or you can get your Hunting Retainer to lv 44. Walnut Bread is another obstacle, the NQ Volcanic Rock Salt is fairly cheap, since Alchemists only need the HQ to get their Artisan Tool. The clusters will be expensive, you need 99 Fire & 99 Water Clusters.

With a 19 step formula, you can HQ a stack of 99 in about 75 minutes.

Keeping DRG rotations up during long fights is a lot harder than I expected it to be. So much fun though.

What should I be prioritizing in Sold purchases for DRG? Got the obvious ring, but what else? I really want the chest.

XenoRaven

Keeping DRG rotations up during long fights is a lot harder than I expected it to be. So much fun though.

What should I be prioritizing in Sold purchases for DRG? Got the obvious ring, but what else? I really want the chest.
I'd like to know this too. My current build is based on the idea that you want DET as high as possible while zeroing in on 482 ACC. But now all the Soldiery gear has Crit and Skill Speed instead of DET so I'm all confused.

My opinion is of to keep the upgrades such that you have around 490 accuracy for the new coil if you need it, or 470-480 for turn 5 if you haven't done that. Arms are a good upgrade, and so is helm. Arms drop in turn 6 so if you can avoid purchasing them, by all means.

Tbh the increase in main stat strength should cover w/e determination/crit you lose so it balances out in the end I guess

My opinion is of to keep the upgrades such that you have around 490 accuracy for the new coil if you need it, or 470-480 for turn 5 if you haven't done that. Arms are a good upgrade, and so is helm. Arms drop in turn 6 so if you can avoid purchasing them, by all means.

Tbh the increase in main stat strength should cover w/e determination/crit you lose so it balances out in the end I guess
My "issue" with DRG itemization is that the ilvl 100~110 stuff pretty much poops acc. I can do basically whatever the fuck I want and I'll easily hit around 500 acc. Now I need creativity and number crunching to get the best combination of crit, det and ss and it's kinda overwhelming.

Math is not my forte and I don't know how much crit is enough - if there's even an "enough".

XenoRaven

My "issue" with DRG itemization is that the ilvl 100~110 stuff pretty much poops acc. I can do basically whatever the fuck I want and I'll easily hit around 500 acc. Now I need creativity and number crunching to get the best combination of crit, det and ss and it's kinda overwhelming.

Math is not my forte, I press buttons and things die.
I obviously don't post here very often so I don't know how learned everyone is, but ffxiv.ariyala.com could help.

I obviously don't post here very often so I don't know how learned everyone is, but ffxiv.ariyala.com could help.
I'm using it to try and come up with what would be a BiS gear for each "tier" - pre t6, pre t9, post t9 - but I don't know stat weights. I know crit is good but is there a limit to how much crit I should be getting? I know I need a specific amount of spell speed as well, what about det?

I just need an overall direction to go for since acc is not a problem and that's the only thing I'd know how to solve lol

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Chest and belt are both T9 drops, so they make the short-list.
After that I would go for the pants which come from T8.

If you are planning on progressing through 2nd coil, I would prioritize the 1,300 for the weapon if your group can down T7.

Just got my Liberator last night and can't wait to see what a difference it makes.

EDIT: I created a spreadsheet calculating a DPS reference number based on the stat-weights of each i90+ item for DRG. If you send your email to me (Puppy Pumper) in-game, I can get that list sent over to you.

After that I would go for the pants.

If you are planning on progressing through 2nd coil, I would prioritize the 1,300 for the weapon if your group can down T7.

Just got my Liberator last night and can't wait to see what a difference it makes.
Weathered Liberator is that important? My plan was to work on my Animus until I could get the 110 Liberator - and for the Novus upgrade eventually.

So I guess I'm holding off on sold this week to get the chest next week.

XenoRaven

After that I would go for the pants which come from T8.

How do you feel about farming a mirror for the Wave Spear instead of dropping 1300 Soldiery on the Weathered weapon?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Weathered Liberator is that important? My plan was to work on my Animus until I could get the 110 Liberator - and for the Novus upgrade eventually.

According to the stat weights the weathered liberator is the 3rd best DRG weapon.

1. High Allegan Spear
2. Liberator
3. Weathered Liberator

Animus is pretty trash due to the ACC on it. But it may become awesome later.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How do you feel about farming a mirror for the Wave Spear instead of dropping 1300 Soldiery on the Weathered weapon?

It will take you a lot longer to get that fucking mirror than it will to clear coil.
That thing is elusive.

Here are the exact reference values from my spreadsheet (keep in mind ACC isn't in the calculation as it is a mathematical nightmare and ACC itemization is dependent on drop RNG)
These reference values are based on an equation calculating the stat weights of weapon damage, str, det, crit, and skill speed. The higher the number, the more DPS output should be generated so long as you aren't missing by having too little ACC.

High Allegan - 511.088
Liberator - 488.682
Weathered Liberator - 465.452
Tidal Wave Harpoon - 462.279
Gae Bolg Animus - 458.064
Allegan Spear - 446.084
Wave Harpoon - 441.98
Gae Bolg Atma - 426.232

As you can see, the Animus and Atma are petty damn terrible. The Tidal wave harpoon is your best non-coil option right now.

EDIT: My estimated Gae Bolg Novus stats are lined up to be a reference value of 480.408 if it is indeed an ilvl 110.

According to the stat weights the weathered liberator is the 3rd best DRG weapon.

1. High Allegan Spear
2. Liberator
3. Weathered Liberator

Animus is pretty trash due to the ACC on it. But it may become awesome later.
So I guess that means Det is more important than crit for DRGs. Good to know, no wonder I was having a hard time making a purchase order.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
So I guess that means Det is more important than crit for DRGs. Good to know, no wonder I was having a hard time making a purchase order.

The base values for stat weights used in my calculations for DRGs in this patch are:
Weapon damage - 8.488
STR = 1
DET = .323
Crit = 0.184
SKspd = 0.152

I was genuinely impressed with how close SKspd comes to Crit.

The base values for stat weights used in my calculations for DRGs in this patch are:
Weapon damage - 8.488
STR = 1
DET = .323
Crit = 0.184
SKspd = 0.152

I was genuinely impressed with how close SKspd comes to Crit.
So that explains the BiS lists over at Rotation Reborn. Thanks for the info, I honestly thought crit was ultra important but that'll make my life a lot easier.

WolvenOne

I should note, that list assumes that Dragoon aren't dealing with an accuracy deficiency, and with the new gear, that isn't necessarily going to be the case.

If you're below an instances accuracy cap, go with the Gae Bolg Animus. Nothing gimps your DPS more than having a miss in the middle of your rotation. If you're accuracy capped before equipping your weapons, then yes, this chart is accurate.

Granted, that's a fairly big caveat.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I should note, that list assumes that Dragoon aren't dealing with an accuracy deficiency, and with the new gear, that isn't necessarily going to be the case.

If you're below an instances accuracy cap, go with the Gae Bolg Animus. Nothing gimps your DPS more than having a miss in the middle of your rotation. If you're accuracy capped before equipping your weapons, then yes, this chart is accurate.

Granted, that's a fairly big caveat.

My full spreadsheet includes every piece of DRG gear above i90. I have analyzed the numbers.
If you are below accuracy, you are much better off swapping other pieces of gear over removing the Liberator.

With the end-game DRG gear, you should have no problems hitting accuracy. The gear is loaded with accuracy.

So that explains the BiS lists over at Rotation Reborn. Thanks for the info, I honestly thought crit was ultra important but that'll make my life a lot easier.

tbh, main stat outweighs anything else unless it's a big chunk of secondary stat. So plus weapon damage and plus strength are the most important things you should be looking at

MechaX

I really wish FATEs were not apart of the atma book completion requirements...

I don't even know how to make the FATE part any less painful.

I don't want to queue up for the dungeon portion of the book because I would be afraid that I would miss the fate. And more often than not, the required FATEs are in completely different parts of the map than the enemies/Leves.

At this point, I almost have to schedule the FATE parts when I know I will be doing something else rather than actually playing so I can have my character stand around for 2+ hours.

WolvenOne

If you are below accuracy, you are much better off swapping other pieces of gear over removing the Liberator.

With the end-game DRG gear, you should have no problems hitting accuracy. The gear is loaded with accuracy.

I would overall agree with this statement. If you can use an alternate equipment configuration to reach the Accuracy cap, then you are indeed better off with the liberator.

Just had to throw out that caveat, since some people don't pay close attention to things like thier current accuracy Stat and such.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I would overall agree with this statement. If you can use an alternate equipment configuration to reach the Accuracy cap, then you are indeed better off with the liberator.

Just had to throw out that caveat, since some people don't pay close attention to things like thier current accuracy Stat and such.

Yeah, it is always good to have the myth and allegan pieces available to swap out as needed. One drop from the second coil can drastically alter a build in terms of ACC.

WolvenOne

I don't want to queue up for the dungeon portion of the book because I would be afraid that I would miss the fate. And more often than not, the required FATEs are in completely different parts of the map than the enemies/Leves.

At this point, I almost have to schedule the FATE parts when I know I will be doing something else rather than actually playing so I can have my character stand around for 2+ hours.

Don't over think it, most Fates in this game pop frequently enough that missing one isn't a big deal. If you're that worried about it, have somebody watch out for your fate while you're doing mobs and leaves.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

I typically save them for last for that reason. I waited about 3 hours for one today and another one I accidentally had the wrong weapon on so I had to wait again -_-.

Kssio_Aug

Wich crafting or gathering job its the best one to start with?

I became a Culinarian and have no idea what should I do. Lol
But when I get home I will take a better look to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom