• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
I typically save them for last for that reason. I waited about 3 hours for one today and another one I accidentally had the wrong weapon on so I had to wait again -_-.

That teleport to Mor Dhona cost me 0 gil Kagari; I hope I'm going to be reimbursed.

Wich crafting or gathering job its the best one to start with?

I became a Culinarian and have no idea what should I do. Lol
But when I get home I will take a better look to it.

Leatherworker has the best lvl 15 skill IMO and you can make a lot of the crafting clothes with it.

SRTtoZ

I got my zenith staff last night. Any tips for doing the fates to get the atmas? Shit sucks.

Also, my FC is doing T5 tonight, but I am worried because my item level is only 85. Hopefully I don't hold us back.

Yea, heres a tip. Setup a tablet near your computer/TV to watch some netflix/hbo go, you can probably watch a few seasons of the sopranos or something.

phierce

Yea, heres a tip. Setup a tablet near your computer/TV to watch some netflix/hbo go, you can probably watch a few seasons of the sopranos or something.
Or invest in a Vita. Makes the wait so much more enjoyable.

Is that Vedder as your avatar? Awesome, if so!

I don't even know how to make the FATE part any less painful.

I don't want to queue up for the dungeon portion of the book because I would be afraid that I would miss the fate. And more often than not, the required FATEs are in completely different parts of the map than the enemies/Leves.

At this point, I almost have to schedule the FATE parts when I know I will be doing something else rather than actually playing so I can have my character stand around for 2+ hours.

I haven't really done books much because LOL Bravura but when I get around to it I know I'll be playing my Vita while I wait around for these stupid 4 hour pop FATEs.

WolvenOne

Shiva. So far, I've had people just not know to hide behind pillars, not bother with the feathers and a healer that didn't bother healing the tank. It's been all fun and games.

Erf, man I'd help if I could, but being in a different server and all. >_<;;

Jomjom

Banned
Considering moving my guy to GAF server. How social is it? Is it always pretty easy to find people to go do stuff with or are people all in their own little groups already?

I'm not at the endgame stuff yet if that makes a difference. Just ilvl 94 PLD.

aceface

Considering moving my guy to GAF server. How social is it? Is it always pretty easy to find people to go do stuff with or are people all in their own little groups already?

Very social, there are a lot of set groups for endgame raiding but new ones have been popping up lately. There's about 4 groups looking for a blm/SMN so if you are that you could probably sell your services to the highest bidder.

WolvenOne

I'm not at the endgame stuff yet if that makes a difference. Just ilvl 94 PLD.

It's fairly social. Sure most people have their own little circle of players they prefer to run with, but, most people will run outside that circle, and there are typically plenty of people willing to help out, so long as they aren't occupied with stuff.

phierce

Very social, there are a lot of set groups for endgame raiding but new ones have been popping up lately. There's about 4 groups looking for a blm/SMN so if you are that you could probably sell your services to the highest bidder.
I've been planning on xfer'n to GAF/Ultros for a little while now (main a SMN with MNK/PLD available, as well), and still plan to soon.

Who's the point of contact for these groups that need a SMN? (T5 cleared/etc if that matters).

Jomjom

Banned
Ah, ok good to hear. Do you know if they charge a fee per character to transfer or per account?

Why do I have more than one character? Because I must have all the event items, female and male!

Xux

Ah, ok good to hear. Do you know if they charge a fee per character to transfer or per account?

Why do I have more than one character? Because I must have all the event items, female and male!
I remember reading that they're gonna add an NPC in 2.3 to swap the gender exclusive stuff for people who Fantasia to another gender.

Kssio_Aug

It's fairly social. Sure most people have their own little circle of players they prefer to run with, but, most people will run outside that circle, and there are typically plenty of people willing to help out, so long as they aren't occupied with stuff.

Yeah, how I am low level (17) I cant really say about joing groups yet. But everyone always help me answering my questions at the FC chat. A very communicative and helpful community I have to say.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
I am trying to decide between scholar and white mage. I've been told that I should play scholar because it isn't boring, which white mage apparently is....

Thing is, the pets macro seems hard with the controller (which id like to play on) so I may have to level both white mage (for controller) and Scholar (for keyboard).

Any one have any additional insight with playing Scholar well with a controller?

Sioen

People who use bots to tank in a dungeon are idiots, I mean who wouldn't kick them? It's so obvious that they're doing it.

SOLDIER

Is video recording on the PS4 version just completely borked? I just did a whole dungeon run in the hopes of making a Sharefactory music video, and the game didn't save a single second of it.

This has happened numerous times before the FW update too.

dramatis

I am trying to decide between scholar and white mage. I've been told that I should play scholar because it isn't boring, which white mage apparently is....

Thing is, the pets macro seems hard with the controller (which id like to play on) so I may have to level both white mage (for controller) and Scholar (for keyboard).

Any one have any additional insight with playing Scholar well with a controller?
Turn off the pet hotbar.

It's not nearly as hard to control the pet as it seems. My main hotbar is filled with heal actions, including pet skills, but I have only one pet command on main hotbar, which is 'Place'. Second hotbar is filled with attack skills of my own, along with white mage additional skills that are nonessential for scholar in the heat of battle.

Overall, the preparation of hotbars for any class on controller is a matter of "What do you think you will use the most?" and "What do you use while moving?" With those in mind, you can figure out what is most important to put on face buttons and what can suffice on dpad, and so on.

aceface

I've been planning on xfer'n to GAF/Ultros for a little while now (main a SMN with MNK/PLD available, as well), and still plan to soon.

Who's the point of contact for these groups that need a SMN? (T5 cleared/etc if that matters).

Once you are signed up the forum on the neogaf guildwork site (neogaf.guildwork.com). The different coil groups have their own threads, post that they are recruiting, etc.

Edit: and yeah scholar isn't bad on the controller. Just put the pet abilities on your hotbar and use them when necessary.

phierce

Once you are signed up the forum on the neogaf guildwork site (neogaf.guildwork.com). The different coil groups have their own threads, post that they are recruiting, etc.

Edit: and yeah scholar isn't bad on the controller. Just put the pet abilities on your hotbar and use them when necessary.
Thanks!

Hedrush

Help!!

I think my accounts been stolen. I've just turned my PS4 on today for the first time to play FF. I go through the 1.7 system update process and launch the game, I enter my password and one time password and it says "id or password is incorrect". I'm not sure if this is how it works on PS4, but I can't edit my Square Enix ID on the login page, I've never had any need to.

I've tried multiple times now. And when I goto forgot id or password it worryingly says the email address entered is invalid. How can this happen when I've got a one time password, that's meant to make it more secure. I've had no emails warning me my details have changed or anything. I've even went through my junk mail and trash incase I'd deleted something by accident?

Im in the UK and it's gone midnight so I guess there's no one I can phone until tomorrow is there?

Help!!

I think my accounts been stolen. I've just turned my PS4 on today for the first time to play FF. I go through the 1.7 system update process and launch the game, I enter my password and one time password and it says "id or password is incorrect". I'm not sure if this is how it works on PS4, but I can't edit my Square Enix ID on the login page, I've never had any need to.

I've tried multiple times now. And when I goto forgot id or password it worryingly says the email address entered is invalid. How can this happen when I've got a one time password, that's meant to make it more secure. I've had no emails warning me my details have changed or anything. I've even went through my junk mail and trash incase I'd deleted something by accident?

Im in the UK and it's gone midnight so I guess there's no one I can phone until tomorrow is there?

On PS4 make sure its not adding a space after you hit done on the virtual keyboard.
That was my issue.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Turn off the pet hotbar.

It's not nearly as hard to control the pet as it seems. My main hotbar is filled with heal actions, including pet skills, but I have only one pet command on main hotbar, which is 'Place'. Second hotbar is filled with attack skills of my own, along with white mage additional skills that are nonessential for scholar in the heat of battle.

Overall, the preparation of hotbars for any class on controller is a matter of "What do you think you will use the most?" and "What do you use while moving?" With those in mind, you can figure out what is most important to put on face buttons and what can suffice on dpad, and so on.
Ok thanks for the advice!

Hedrush

On PS4 make sure its not adding a space after you hit done on the virtual keyboard.
That was my issue.

Thanks but I've tried that. I can't even get on mogstation as it says no email registered with that address. When I saw that that's when I got a little worried. I don't know how this could have happened. I have no type of PC or laptop that could possibly have been hacked. Just my iPhone which was in my pocket all day and my iPad in the house.

I normally would have been playing this afternoon but I had a hospital appointment. Wanted a quick hour before I went to bed. I don't understand how this could've happened.

WolvenOne

Is a free company a guild? I got asked to join one within seconds of starting, now have a tag on my name but no interaction with any of them. Seems entirely pointless.

If you're not seeing frequent chatter from your free company, then it's likely inactive. Most likely you were scooped up by someone grabbing new players so he could take advantage of the in game perks, such as housing and the like. If he just grabbed a lot of new players though, it's likely not an actual functioning free company.

Edit: Yes, a free company is like a guild. Also it gives you access to a chat channel that everyone in the company can see.

Want to again thank the guys that carried me in my first CT run. First time I did anything close to a raid, I still don't understand much of what happened. The best part is because I was trapped by a claw at the end of the boss, when the fight finished I was still trapped by a phantom claw that drained my health until I died.

LOL @ this - would be my luck

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Thanks but I've tried that. I can't even get on mogstation as it says no email registered with that address. When I saw that that's when I got a little worried. I don't know how this could have happened. I have no type of PC or laptop that could possibly have been hacked. Just my iPhone which was in my pocket all day and my iPad in the house.

I normally would have been playing this afternoon but I had a hospital appointment. Wanted a quick hour before I went to bed. I don't understand how this could've happened.
Email addresses are case sensitive so make sure you type it exactly the same way you originally typed it. If you created the account on a PS4, the software keyboard has a tendency of capitalizing the C in ".Com" so give that a shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom