• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Not all the story quests are gold, but I've been enjoying where the story takes me. I tend to skip the side quest text, but the story dialogue has been fun, and lacking the insipid qualities endemic to recent FF releases.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Last night, decided to do the last 3 lvl50 dungeons to unlock all of my roulettes (been putting it off for quite some time). It did not go as I expected, to say the least.

Pharos Sirius popped first, and I was imagining a nightmare situation. Turns out, that nerf possibly went a bit far. Had a great group who explained the fights beforehand, and although I made a few mistakes, and Siren started resisting stun, we cleared the whole thing with no wipes. Wouldn't mind getting that again in DR if that were to happen.

Then came Lost City. Lots of strange and interesting mechanics, but again, had a great team who explained the bosses and the fun parts. Only one wipe, and that was on the Baal... sections. But apart from that, another smooth run.

Copperbell HM though... if I didn't have to do that for the roulette, I'd skip it. Maybe it was just the party I was in. Who knows? At the start, I do my usual "Hey, new here, getting a run down before the boss fights is appreciated". No response. We stumble our way through the first boss and the sections with the rocks without wiping, then on the second boss, everything starts to go wrong. The healer says "I'll get the bombs", then not another word. I assume it's like the first Copperbell where I want to keep him near the bombs. It was only halfway through the second attempt when the healer says "Stop trying to tank him". We wipe again.

Healer says "I know the tank is new, but how about the DPS?" Finally, about 25mins in, the DPS finally say something. It's only after two wipes that the healer actually decides to try to explain the fight, and all that I had to do as PLD was sit in a corner casting stoneskin on myself (actually he didn't mention that part, I was just that bored of being hit by rockslides). They clear it, and we get up to the last boss. We wiped 4/5 times because the DPS/healer kept arguing over who puts the crystals into the sand, then we vote abandoned with 12mins left on the clock.

I've never been so frustrated with a dungeon before (CT doesn't count). Is Copperbell HM just far too mechanics based for a completely new party to get the hang of? Was the healer (the only experienced player) not giving clear enough instruction to the DPS? any tips for a smooth run in the future?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Weird ever since is switched the city - the game keeps crashing on me PC/Win 8. In Limsa Lominsa pretty much every quest-person i speak to leads to a crash in conversation.

Sucks.

Number45

Weird ever since is switched the city - the game keeps crashing on me PC/Win 8. In Limsa Lominsa pretty much every quest-person i speak to leads to a crash in conversation.

Sucks.
Odd. Limsa was crazy busy last night when I was on though, never seen so much going on in my brief time with the game.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Odd. Limsa was crazy busy last night when I was on though, never seen so much going on in my brief time with the game.

Even in scenes when ther eis nothing going on its crashes - just so weird because it never happened in Gridania where i played for 10-15 hours.

Anyone else having sound issues on the PS4? I never noticed it before 2.2 but lately after a while jumping in and out of DF I notice sounds start to go missing until the only sound I am left with is footsteps and a few other ambient noises. It's really strange like the music will cut out and then I get no more music, then later I will lose something else like action sounds and so on until I am left with just a few sounds. In order to get my sound back I have to completely exit the game and restart it.

Anyone else had any issues like this lately?

Hasney

Anyone else having sound issues on the PS4? I never noticed it before 2.2 but lately after a while jumping in and out of DF I notice sounds start to go missing until the only sound I am left with is footsteps and a few other ambient noises. It's really strange like the music will cut out and then I get no more music, then later I will lose something else like action sounds and so on until I am left with just a few sounds. In order to get my sound back I have to completely exit the game and restart it.

Anyone else had any issues like this lately?

I've had this since launch day. Was annoying when I was trying to show off some of the music to a friend.

Only affects the area music though. Mount and battle music plays no matter what.

WolvenOne

zTDu1Wx.jpg

It took two weeks of grinding, not including gathering the Atma's, but it's finally complete!

Bravura Animus completed, I, HAVE, THE POWAAAAAHH!

I've had this since launch day. Was annoying when I was trying to show off some of the music to a friend.

Only affects the area music though. Mount and battle music plays no matter what.

Mine effects all music and most of the sounds, when I run Brayflox HM it is in complete silence apart from footsteps and the odd ambient sound every now and again, it's very annoying.

orion434

I crafted my 100th lv 50*** recipe last night! My running total is 93 / 100 HQ, since there is no 100% formula to HQ even with all HQ ingredients.... 93% HQ rate is pretty darn good, considering that 3 of the first 10 gave me a problem, then I refined my formula and did a bit of extra-melding.

Then 10 mins later I made my 94th HQ 3* gear... 93.07% :)

Hedrush

Just an update on my account which I couldn't access last night.

I'm just off the phone to square Enix and the representative was extremely helpful. Apparently after every full stop in your email address it makes the following letter upper case. ( ie: .Com .Co.Uk ) The guy I spoke to changed it all to lower case for me and Ive managed to recover my account. Thank goodness for that. 3 hours I wasted last night trying to login/recover my details. It was never like that before because I'm sure you could just enter it anyway you liked.

Hasney

Quick question, when do I get access to the market boards/retainers? My inventory's full of leatherworked armour I need to sell.

Each of the main towns has a market area with the boards and a retainer bell. Old Gridania is the one I usually use since I'm there a lot. Just look at where the big row of shops is on your map (the brown bags).

EXIE

Banned
Copperbell HM though... if I didn't have to do that for the roulette, I'd skip it. Maybe it was just the party I was in. Who knows? At the start, I do my usual "Hey, new here, getting a run down before the boss fights is appreciated". No response. We stumble our way through the first boss and the sections with the rocks without wiping, then on the second boss, everything starts to go wrong. The healer says "I'll get the bombs", then not another word. I assume it's like the first Copperbell where I want to keep him near the bombs. It was only halfway through the second attempt when the healer says "Stop trying to tank him". We wipe again.

Healer says "I know the tank is new, but how about the DPS?" Finally, about 25mins in, the DPS finally say something. It's only after two wipes that the healer actually decides to try to explain the fight, and all that I had to do as PLD was sit in a corner casting stoneskin on myself (actually he didn't mention that part, I was just that bored of being hit by rockslides). They clear it, and we get up to the last boss. We wiped 4/5 times because the DPS/healer kept arguing over who puts the crystals into the sand, then we vote abandoned with 12mins left on the clock.

I've never been so frustrated with a dungeon before (CT doesn't count). Is Copperbell HM just far too mechanics based for a completely new party to get the hang of? Was the healer (the only experienced player) not giving clear enough instruction to the DPS? any tips for a smooth run in the future?

That's pretty awful, guess it's just bad luck you got matched up with new/unhelpful players. Seeing as you're a tank, a lot of responsibility falls on you to know the dungeon and boss mechanics, as unfair as that sounds. So ideally you should look up a video guide first.

Semper88

skill speed on war isn't the worst thing in the world

Yes it is.. needing 440 skill speed to make a very very little dent in the GCD.

341 skill speed @ lvl 50.

440 skill speed to make the GCD 2.4.. thats a very slight improvement for alot of stats.

You're welcome. I forgot to mention you will easily cap the soldiery tomes by just doing DR's for a few days. Mythology tomes doesn't have a weekly cap so for those people tend to do the above.
Sounds good, I was so tired of doing AK runs back before I had to stop playing.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Experienced my first wipe last night. Did totorak for the first time, tank was solid and always labeled stuff, led well, etc. Me and the other DPS didn't pull aggro or bs about.

But the healer... oh jeez. I had to swiftcast/ressurect the tank like 5 times through the dungeon, that guy sucked.

Only 4 more levels til I unlock SCH and I can go back to healing dungeons 😎

I need help.

I just reinstalled the game (from my 1.0 disc). When I try to boot the game, it says that it cannot find any servers and that I should check my DNS parameters.

Do I have to rebuy the game ? Do I need an ARR disc ? I thought not...

You should just be able to download the 2.0 client from Mog Station using your Square Enix account.

EDIT: Or here: http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Thanks.

I'm in the Mogstation and it says that I "have no available characters". Is that normal ? I had a level 30 character before.

And concerning that character creation benchmark thing they released last fall, how do I import that character's appearence ? I think we could, right ?

Hasney

I'm pretty sure it said that when I was in that screen with no purchased gametime. Don't quote me on that.

It my be that it will only be recognised as available after you do the import, however.

Regarding trophies, if I play this game on my PC, and later start playing it on PS4, will my accomplishments done on the PC version be recognized by my PS4 and will it retroactively unlock trophies ?

edit: from having checked out this thread on playstationtrophies.org, it appears that trophies do unlock on the consoles after completing the requirements on PC.

It took two weeks of grinding, not including gathering the Atma's, but it's finally complete!

Bravura Animus completed, I, HAVE, THE POWAAAAAHH!

grats. i'm still doing the atma stuff. I'm not in a hurry. levi axe is good enough for now. fates are the worst content in the game.

Dunan

Experienced my first wipe last night. Did totorak for the first time, tank was solid and always labeled stuff, led well, etc. Me and the other DPS didn't pull aggro or bs about.

But the healer... oh jeez. I had to swiftcast/ressurect the tank like 5 times through the dungeon, that guy sucked.

Only 4 more levels til I unlock SCH and I can go back to healing dungeons ��

Toto-Rak was my first-evel healer mission, and it really wasn't hard at all (and I'm a terrible FFXIV player in general). Did your healer know that he could target allies just by using the up and down arrows in the party menu? I had always hesitated to try healing, because I assumed that you'd have to target people the "regular" way.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Congrats on the win and on your progression! Some of these coil fights seem pretty interesting and fun mechanically. One day I'll look into getting into/forming a static and getting serious about Coil stuff. Good luck on Turn 9, I watched that BG vid and that fight looks intense.

Yeah Turn 9 looks to be quite the challenge in comparison to Turns 6-8 which, looking back, really weren't too bad outside of some RNG (I still don't care for Turn 6 all that much though...). Will be nice once we get it down though so we can condense raid to one day a week like we eventually did with Turns 1-5.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom