• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolvenOne

Turn 4 is probably quicker and you can DF it quite easily.

I think it'd work better if I could PF a competent group of players that need to Farm it, that way I'd get several runs instead of one. But, yeah, I've DFed T4 before and it wasn't that bad with the 10% buff.

I'd imagine it's even easier with the 15% buff now.

Edit: I would like a Mirror to upgrade my Wave Axe to Tidal Wave too, but that wouldn't be enough to urge me to farm Leviathan a ton. The Animus hits reasonably hard already, and gives me better defense, strength, and vit. I'd only go after the Tidal Wave Axe hard if it felt like we were nowhere near hitting one of the Second Coil DPS checks. If we're close at all, survivability will trump a marginal DPS increase. As such, while I need some more Leviathan runs over time, it doesn't seem like it'd be THAT smart of a way to rack up wins for my Bear mount.

Well, unless I got into a REALLY good farm group.

From my prospective, while T8 doesn't seem bad; up to this point it's the only fight in this game that's ever legitimately made me sweat in regards to MP conservation. Usually when I got low in other fights during first kills, I always had Shroud waiting right around the corner (Or BRD 'muzak'), but not last night :(

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
From my prospective, while T8 doesn't seem bad; up to this point it's the only fight in this game that's ever legitimately made me sweat in regards to MP conservation. Usually when I got low in other fights during first kills, I always had Shroud waiting right around the corner (Or BRD 'muzak'), but not last night :(

No mana song at all? I used it a couple times for our group.

Aeana

No mana song at all? I used it a couple times for our group.

We most likely could not have spared the DPS, since we have 4 DPS instead of 5. I know a lot of 5 DPS groups can win with a minute to spare, but we came within 14 seconds of the enrage (according to ACT, anyway), so ballad probably would not have been a good idea.

Khatoz

I want to tunnel vision fights too

But no I have to look at and call out stuffs :(

WHY YOU DO THIS TO ME YOSHIP

You should just do what real tanks do and fake that you don't have a mic, then the other chumps will have to step up and you can slack even more..

/gloat at Odoru

WolvenOne

Speaking of X-Ether, is there any TP equivalent potion yet? Most fights in this game usually have some brief pausing points, but they aren't necessarily long enough to recover TP well.

I mean, sure, if everything goes right TP usually isn't a problem, but when things go wrong, (like with the occasional derped T5 opening pull,) it can be.

HeliosT10

I'm going to ding level 30 on my archer soon, should I go for Bard straight away or get Archer to 50 first? Don't want to be a liability for some of the later level dungeons :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp Twin Adder Down
jJa359M.jpg

Now Maelstrom to Go!
Start on it Tomorrow

Aeana

I don't even know why someone who has cleared T8 would even waste time with Atma grinding

Only one sand drops from every turn 8 clear. And the animus will continue to be upgraded in the future, so most likely they'll need it eventually anyway. I personally will not be getting my unweathered weapon (the value proposition for buying the weathered weapon and then upgrading it instead of armor or something is just not there), so the animus will serve me until I get the high allagan book of healing.

Ken

I don't even know why someone who has cleared T8 would even waste time with Atma grinding

Because of Novus? If you have time now, there's really no reason to fall behind on the grind, even if the end goal doesn't immediately look like "progression" gear for now.

Even if you already had the High Allagan weapon I'd imagine it'd be wise to continue to work on Animus since we don't know if there will be things after Novus, AFAIK.

Mupod

well, they could be a healer or something and last on the list for a weapon. But yeah I'm in no rush to blow 9x1500 myth tomes, the actual atma grinding wasn't that bad. Since it was just something to do in between longass PVP queues. If the bravura was even usable by marauders I'd probably go for it though...not like I'll be getting a leviathan mirror anytime soon.

chrono01

Yeah, I'm working on my Animus now not because it's an immediate upgrade for me [given the stats, and lack of +Crit and +ACC], but for the future possibilities. Once fully upgraded, with all nine books, it will likely be pretty powerful, so it helps getting to work on it now instead of doing it all later.

One book down, so many more to go...

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

1) Something to do in the down time.
2) It will eventually receive further upgrades and not working on it will cause one to be behind when said upgrades come out.
3) Healers and tanks have to wait quite a bit to get their T7/8 weapon items so they may as well.

WolvenOne

Yeah, I'm working on my Animus now not because it's an immediate upgrade for me [given the stats, and lack of +Crit and +ACC], but for the future possibilities. Once fully upgraded, with all nine books, it will likely be pretty powerful, so it helps getting to work on it now instead of doing it all later.

One book down, so many more to go...

What class are you again? I want to say WAR, but considering I was up until 5AM last night finishing my Animus, I don't really trust my recall too well right now.

If you are a WAR, I tested the Bravura Animus on some mobs outside of Mor Dhona last night. With Defiance off I was regularly hitting the mobs for 300+ damage without crits, that's a fairly solid improvement over the Bravura Zenith or the Dual Haken. The Wave axe hits for slightly more, but I take noticeably more damage when I'm using it.

It'll be an absurd weapon once upgraded to ilvl110. You'll have to spec out ACC on every other piece of armor and accessories you can find, but, so far that looks doable. The only thing I don't like about it is skill speed, which while not useless, hasn't even been increased all that much from the Zenith incarnation. I'd have much rather they given me Determination or Accuracy, but whatever. XD

To be honest, my group progressed way faster then I thought they would(no knock on them, just the raid scheduling we have). I originally did mine to have an ilvl 100 weapon for T8 and T9 if I hadn't purchased the weathered book, and just for the future so I could participate in Novos and beyond!

The SMN relic is shit, I did it because it sparkles and turned green ok? I'm jobless and have too much time on my hands, #IshouldhavedonetheBLMrelic!

chrono01

What class are you again? I want to say WAR, but considering I was up until 5AM last night finishing my Animus, I don't really trust my recall too well right now.

If you are a WAR, I tested the Bravura Animus on some mobs outside of Mor Dhona last night. With Defiance off I was regularly hitting the mobs for 300+ damage without crits, that's a fairly solid improvement over the Bravura Zenith or the Dual Haken. The Wave axe hits for slightly more, but I take noticeably more damage when I'm using it.

It'll be an absurd weapon once upgraded to ilvl110. You'll have to spec out ACC on every other piece of armor and accessories you can find, but, so far that looks doable.
I'm not a Warrior but, instead, a Black Mage.

As much as I appreciate the hard work of those individuals [as well as healers], I'd much rather inflict damage rather than take/absorb it [preferably, with as much fire as possible].

draw4wild

Well I bit the bullet and transferred to Ultros, being on a Japanese data center wasn't for me. I would up buying up a bunch of cashmere robes to transfer since I had too much gil. They were like 400k on Masamune and seem to be 500k on Ultros so thats pretty good news

I'm definitely missing some of the AF gears for all the classes. I had all the jobs quests done in 1.0 but now I have like 3 pieces from each job in inventory. Is there another place I need to look beside the calamity salvager and my retainers?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

As much as I appreciate the hard work of those individuals [as well as healers], I'd much rather inflict damage rather than take/absorb it [preferably, with as much fire as possible].

How's that Quelling Strikes coming? <:) ])

WolvenOne

I knew I shouldn't have trusted my recall. XD

Well of course you're DPS, your job is to deal damage. As for Tanks, while it's nice if we can deal damage as well, our core job is to hold enmity and survive. If we can't do that, consistently, then no matter how good the parties DPS is, putting a DPS check on farm will be tenuous.

Thus we most Tanks consider Parry and Accuracy the most important of our secondary stats. The former makes it easier for us to survive, the later helps keep our enmity stable, as missing mid rotation is a sure-fire way to lose ground on emnity.

zewone

I ended up spending my Myths on ilvl 100 gear...didn't realize I need them to upgrade my relic.

Is this a rookie mistake that will set me back a week?

Ken

I ended up spending my Myths on ilvl 100 gear...didn't realize I need them to upgrade my relic.

myth gets spent on i90 gear (and upgrading relic). it's the soldiery that gets you i100 gear.

no more weekly myth cap so you just thave to grind another 900 for the zenith

Aeana

There's no cap on the amount of myth you can gain per week, so you can just go get more.

chrono01

How's that Quelling Strikes coming? <:) ])
This, more or less, describes my progress thus far.

iuAgChbY8GPpY.gif

It's coming, although I had to delay it slightly since I wanted to complete my Animus book before I hit the Myth cap and subsequently wasted any Myth tomes on something that wasn't another Animus book. Now that I have completed the first book, I should be able to begin my quest to level my Archer once again.

Real BLM's don't drop threat, they triple flare giant pulls in Bray speed runs to teach people how to tank! It's the "Yennaiv" way!
ilBFgIT58a5Gf.gif

WolvenOne

You'll probably still wanna do it, but you might as well wait until the next patch at least.

If you haven't started by now, yeah I'd go ahead and wait, they're going to increase the Myth drop rate soonish.

I myself am still going to do a little Myth grinding even after completing my Animus, because Myth Tome Mats.

zewone

myth gets spent on i90 gear (and upgrading relic). it's the soldiery that gets you i100 gear.

no more weekly myth cap so you just thave to grind another 900 for the zenith

There's no cap on the amount of myth you can gain per week, so you can just go get more.

Got those mixed up. Thanks guys. I haven't spent any Myths besides the ones neccesary for original relic.

Would you recommend buying the gear or weapon as a DRG?

I'm guessing weapon as DPS, but I want to make sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom