• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ken

Got those mixed up. Thanks guys. I haven't spent any Myths besides the ones neccesary for original relic.

Would you recommend buying the gear or weapon as a DRG?

I'm guessing weapon as DPS, but I want to make sure.

weapon as DPS, although leviathan is an easy way to an i95 spear if you can do the fight and aren't in a rush for animus.

Frazley

I couldn't find it in the thread, so please feed me to Odin if I missed it or it wss posted above me and I glanced over it.

How do I change the button configuration on the new PS Vita Remote Play? Mine is still set to rear touch pad and I can't find a good guide on how to make it use the four corners of the front screen.

WolvenOne

Got those mixed up. Thanks guys. I haven't spent any Myths besides the ones neccesary for original relic.

Would you recommend buying the gear or weapon as a DRG?

I'm guessing weapon as DPS, but I want to make sure.

If you have any gear below ilvl90, your top priority is to replace it ASAP. That's the quickest and most substantial upgrade you can go for right now. You don't necceserilly need to go for a ilvl100 weapon just yet, it really isn't necessary until you're past First Coil. Even then, the first few turns are doable with ilvl90 and ilvl95 weaponry.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
So, I purchased FF14 on the PS3 and I just bought a PS4 and went to the store to download it for free(crossbuy?) and it still tries to charge me $39.99. What am I doing wrong??

Istaerion

So, I purchased FF14 on the PS3 and I just bought a PS4 and went to the store to download it for free(crossbuy?) and it still tries to charge me $39.99. What am I doing wrong??

You'll have to initiate the upgrade via Square Enix's Mog Station if you're looking to play the PS4 version via your PS3 copy.

Just remember that once you upgrade the license, you won't be able to utilize the PS3 version anymore.

zewone

weapon as DPS, although leviathan is an easy way to an i95 spear if you can do the fight and aren't in a rush for animus.

If you have any gear below ilvl90, your top priority is to replace it ASAP. That's the quickest and most substantial upgrade you can go for right now. You don't necceserilly need to go for a ilvl100 weapon just yet, it really isn't necessary until you're past First Coil. Even then, the first few turns are doable with ilvl90 and ilvl95 weaponry.
I really want the Wyrm gear, so I'm going to go for that. Only got the one level 100 gear because I needed a new belt and had the Soldiery to spend.

I think I'm going to wait it out and go for Leviathan..

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/04/11/final-fantasy-xiv-upgrade-from-ps3-to-ps4/comment-page-2/

This should help.

Implying tanks have any fucks left to give. If you wanna go balls deep in your DPS rotation before I get my first aggro combo or Overpower off that's your own lookout. That's why there are 2 DPS!

Oh please, by the third flare, those monsters are lucky to be alive to hit the BLM.

I always seem to pull at least one monster off a tank during a flare. DPS stops immediately from me at that point until it's back down to at least yellow threat.

So Ive have not read much about this at all but 30 euro isnt that bad to gamble and see if its fun, so im joining you guys now EU side.. got it from psn store so now its 2 hour downloading the game too.. gah luckily I work on the evening tomorrow so I can be up all night playing.. :)

Im mainly interested to be healer so prefer playing with others, but how does this game work, do you do the most gaming and lvling alone or is it common to be questing/doing instances in groups through the content?

Is there bugfix patches etc so I should expect even more downloads once the game is finnished?

See you guys online!

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
Every time I enter the product code from square to download my PS4 version it crashes back to PS4 menu and the download doesn't start. This happen to anyone else?

How do I get my relic+1? I have my complete relic, I saved up 900 myth and bought 3 of those myth things but when I go to the weapon guy the quest is just in red?

chrono01

He has one, someone caught a noise coming from him one night. Stop hiding from us Makoto.
It was Krael, and I'm not sure how that even happened.

Is there a "push-to-talk" key in Mumble? Maybe I accidentally hit that key by mistake or something?

Or perhaps it was the strain of Turn 8. We will likely never know.

WolvenOne

It was Krael, and I'm not sure how that even happened.

Is there a "push-to-talk" key in Mumble? Maybe I accidentally hit that key by mistake or something?

Or perhaps it was the strain of Turn 8. We will likely never know.

If you hit the Push to Talk key, and people heard you, doesn't that mean you have a mic?

Alright, I played for a bit earlier. I did most of the introductory quests in Gridania and fought some monsters outside in the forest. My inventory is nearly maxed out from having so much stuff from pre-2.0. What's the best way to deal with a full inventory ? Should I simply sell it all ? Can some things be "broken down" into materials of some kind ? Should I stash it somewhere ?

Also, when will I get a house ? Can I get one as soon as I start playing or do I have to reach a certain milestone ?

Hasney

Did all the side quests that unlock after doing the chapter after Garuda as I couldn't be bothered with the story duty, but I should hit 50 during that duty when I play it tomorrow. Can't wait, too excited.

zewone

Alright, I played for a bit earlier. I did most of the introductory quests in Gridania and fought some monsters outside in the forest. My inventory is nearly maxed out from having so much stuff from pre-2.0. What's the best way to deal with a full inventory ? Should I simply sell it all ? Can some things be "broken down" into materials of some kind ? Should I stash it somewhere ?

Also, when will I get a house ? Can I get one as soon as I start playing or do I have to reach a certain milestone ?

There's no personal homes. You do get two Retainers (basically assistants) who can hold a bunch of crap. You have to do a mission to unlock later though. Level 17 I think.

Phlebas

Banned

If you have cracked materia, that can be exchanged to 2.0 equivalents at the Calamity Salvager NPC.

Tirod

I'm sorry if this has been covered multiple times, but I didn't see anything in the OP.

I have the client for PC but I want to play this on my PS4 now that I have one, as spec wise it's better than my laptop. Is there some process where I can get the PS4 client free or do I have to buy the PS4 game and then hook it on to my already existing Square Enix PC account?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I'm sorry if this has been covered multiple times, but I didn't see anything in the OP.

I have the client for PC but I want to play this on my PS4 now that I have one, as spec wise it's better than my laptop. Is there some process where I can get the PS4 client free or do I have to buy the PS4 game and then hook it on to my already existing Square Enix PC account?

You have to buy the PS4 version separately if you don't have the PS3 version, which allowed free access to the new version.

Tirod

You have to buy the PS4 version separately if you don't have the PS3 version, which allowed free access to the new version.

Oh okay, thanks Kagari!

Time to start the download process on my PS4 then.

[EDIT]To actually relate back to the game, I'm excited to be coming back. I think I left my Paladin off at LV 48. No idea if I'm going to start over or not yet.

Are Warrior (or are they called Berserker?) tanks still more complex to play or have they been changed since the September relaunch?

There's no personal homes. You do get two Retainers (basically assistants) who can hold a bunch of crap. You have to do a mission to unlock later though. Level 17 I think.

Thanks ! Do you know where that mission is ? I'm already level 30.

If you have cracked materia, that can be exchanged to 2.0 equivalents at the Calamity Salvager NPC.

I see, thank you. I'll check if I have any of those.

So I take it that the materials I find by killing enemies don't have any value other than gold ?

yNjz5G5.jpg

Obviously up to no good

SkyOdin

How do I summon my Gobuu mount ? I got the "legacy chocobo whistle" from a letter, but I cannot use it.

You can use mounts by first using the item in your inventory, which will teach you the ability you need to summon your mount. You then use that ability (found in your actions menu like every other ability) to summon the mount. Each mount has a unique summoning command.

However, you might need to acquire your GC chocobo first before you can use any other mount. I'm not entirely certain on this.

You can use mounts by first using the item in your inventory, which will teach you the ability you need to summon your mount. You then use that ability (found in your actions menu like every other ability) to summon the mount. Each mount has a unique summoning command.

However, you might need to acquire your GC chocobo first before you can use any other mount. I'm not entirely certain on this.

Thanks. What's a "GC" chocobo ?

Oh, GC is shorthand for Grand Company, the large organizations associated with each of the three city states. Your Grand Company chocobo serves as the first mount you would acquire through normal gameplay.

Ok, thanks. I guess this will come while doing story missions ?

Also, I'm pretty sure that I was a dragoon when I stopped playing two years ago. Now I'm not anymore. I'm still a level 30 lancer and level 6 in a bunch of other classes; but I could swear that I was both 30 lancer and 15 from that other class, which enabled me to become a dragoon. Did 2.0 scaled back the levels of legacy players ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom