• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jiggle

it's reign of terror is over

B0F69B9E1D86C5D2CDE690A82E70AF5F3452DAFF

wait. i have to catch another one? fuCKING SHit
Lucky!
What bait?

Ok, thanks. I guess this will come while doing story missions ?

Also, I'm pretty sure that I was a dragoon when I stopped playing two years ago. Now I'm not anymore. I'm still a level 30 lancer and level 6 in a bunch of other classes; but I could swear that I was both 30 lancer and 15 from that other class, which enabled me to become a dragoon. Did 2.0 scaled back the levels of legacy players ?
Make sure you equip the soul of dragoon

Tirod

So I finally got to the start screen and let out an audible squee when my Naga 2012 TOTALLY WORKED. It wasn't working on the launcher screen so I was in a sour mood waiting for the launcher to patch fully.

Hype x 10 just because of that.

Just did an awesome dongeon with randoms ..pretty much a flawless run , nobody died and the overall time was good.
So i hit that "Share" button on my controller ....
and it loads the Infamous second son folder ... of course it hadn't recorded anything ... WHY ? ..Dammit ;-;

I think that i've reached the point where i'm having a steady amount of fun..this pleases me greatly .

Tirod

Okay, since I've torn myself away from the game due to maintenance, I have another question.

With the keyboard I use to play the game on PS4, I'm unable to use the shift, ctrl, and alt keys, which sucks because I'd love to make use of keybinds. The problem isn't seemingly with the keyboard, I'm using it to type up this message on my laptop and it works fine.

Is there some setting I have to toggle in game to have access to those keys?

Okay, since I've torn myself away from the game due to maintenance, I have another question.

With the keyboard I use to play the game on PS4, I'm unable to use the shift, ctrl, and alt keys, which sucks because I'd love to make use of keybinds. The problem isn't seemingly with the keyboard, I'm using it to type up this message on my laptop and it works fine.

Is there some setting I have to toggle in game to have access to those keys?

Yes, I think its something along the lines of "direct chat" I think. Toggle it.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/ps3/manual/

Scroll down a bit. Im pretty that'll fix your issue.

ThinFinn

Gonna attempt T8 later tonight. It will be my second encounter with the avatar.

Any tips for a bard?

The group has appointed me to handle homing missiles and brain jack.

Teknoman

You know what would be amazing, but i'm not sure if it would fit? If Sakimoto could drop some themes for the first expansion. Either that or Mizuta.

Hit 50, bought a crafted i70 weapon, and finished the main story. Servers go down. Sadness. I want to do some dungeons and get rid of some of this 40s gear! Way too poor to buy all i70.

Also, those last two dungeons were fairly intense as a Monk. Need to work on my rotation now with Dragon Kick. Will require practice after shifting around my hotbars. Feels weird to click different lol

Xux

Hit 50, bought a crafted i70 weapon, and finished the main story. Servers go down. Sadness. I want to do some dungeons and get rid of some of this 40s gear! Way too poor to buy all i70.

Also, those last two dungeons were fairly intense as a Monk. Need to work on my rotation now with Dragon Kick. Will require practice after shifting around my hotbars. Feels weird to click different lol
Dragon Kick simplifies things rather nicely; 1-2-3 from the back, 1-2-3 from the side, keep up the Touch of the Death and slip in the Steal Peaks and the Howling Fists and you're a cool guy.

constant? not really.

At least once a week at night (when I can actually play). And when the latest patch went live the game was out for more than a day. I find that excessive for something I'm paying a monthly subscription for. If my Internet (or really any other service I pay monthly for) was down half as much I would have already changed providers. SE is lucky that I really like the game. Note that I don't care if this was the standard level of maintenances whe WoW came out, I find it unacceptable by today's standards.

Ken

At least once a week at night (when I can actually play). And when the latest patch went live the game was out for more than a day. I find that excessive for something I'm paying a monthly subscription for. If my Internet (or really any other service I pay monthly for) was down half as much I would have already changed providers. SE is lucky that I really like the game. Note that I don't care if this was the standard level of maintenances whe WoW came out, I find it unacceptable by today's standards.

once a week and once a larger content patch is more of a consistent thing than a constant one lol

i mean, i hate maintenance and downtimes as much as the next guy but it's just something that comes with most MMOs I've played so I just expect it I guess.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I think the servers went down to the Network running all those servers needed to do a maintenance

So it's almost Maintenanception, a maintenance within a maintenance

Frumix

Suffering From Success
I think the servers went down to the Network running all those servers needed to do a maintenance

So it's almost Maintenanception, a maintenance within a maintenance

That's correct, their ISP has issues so instead of risking complaints about potential disconnects they just took down the game for the time.

Teknoman

I'd also like to see them continue to pick 1.0 tracks the bring back into 2.0 like with the last major updates.

Unspoken
In the Shadow of the Colossus
Quicksand
Desert Moon Defied

all themes that need to return.

Number45

I have the client for PC but I want to play this on my PS4 now that I have one, as spec wise it's better than my laptop. Is there some process where I can get the PS4 client free or do I have to buy the PS4 game and then hook it on to my already existing Square Enix PC account?
In case it's not too late, you can buy the PS3 version (which should be considerably cheaper than PS4) and upgrade it via mogstation to PS4.

Tirod

In case it's not too late, you can buy the PS3 version (which should be considerably cheaper than PS4) and upgrade it via mogstation to PS4.

It's too late. :) I don't mind though, it's not breaking the bank.

I'm more bummed that by the time I finished downloading/patching/linking accounts I only got 2 hours of playtime before maintenance. /:

Hey guys. I've been playing this game for about a week or two (ps4) and I've ultimately decided it's not for me. I had some fun with it but after about 10 hours I don't feel compelled to stick with it.

My question is, does the hard copy of the game hold no value after using the serial key, or was that for the 30 day trial? I'm asking because I want to know if I can sell it. I'm assuming not, but I figured id ask.

ArchAngel

Is there a way to start the game from HDD? Bought the game a couple of weeks ago, registered the code but never saw it in my PSN History. Is there a way to play without disc for the BD version?

jiggle

Hey guys. I've been playing this game for about a week or two (ps4) and I've ultimately decided it's not for me. I had some fun with it but after about 10 hours I don't feel compelled to stick with it.

My question is, does the hard copy of the game hold no value after using the serial key, or was that for the 30 day trial? I'm asking because I want to know if I can sell it. I'm assuming not, but I figured id ask.

it's a coaster
but ur account/character may hold some value?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom