• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

So guys, got my Relic yesterday, after failing miserably farming Titan's bow. I have 800 myth but only one myth piece of gear, go for Zenith or upgrade my lv55-70 gear?
Also, I think I read in the FC yesterday ( I was dodging Landslides at the time so I may have read wrong) that being in the 70s is enough for T1. Is that true. Also is that true with random DF groups?

Number45

Is there a way to start the game from HDD? Bought the game a couple of weeks ago, registered the code but never saw it in my PSN History. Is there a way to play without disc for the BD version?
If you already have the account registered, you can just download the client from the store. Once installed however you shouldn't need the disc anyway (I already had the client from the beta, so just used the serial key to activate it).

So guys, got my Relic yesterday, after failing miserably farming Titan's bow. I have 800 myth but only one myth piece of gear, go for Zenith or upgrade my lv55-70 gear?
Also, I think I read in the FC yesterday ( I was dodging Landslides at the time so I may have read wrong) that being in the 70s is enough for T1. Is that true. Also is that true with random DF groups?

Get the Zenith weapon first. 70's is okay for Coil but don't expect much from PF. DF should be fine...should be.

IMBored

How do you actually get the zenith weapon, I got my relic weapon but the next quest to upgrade it was locked.

Talk to the moogle, he'll give you a hint. Basically you have to buy 3 thavarian mists form Rowena's shop (900 myth) and use in the forge next to Gerolt.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Thanks man.

Remember to unequip the weapon (put a place holder wep for said class) or switch to another class
You have to trade the wep + 3 thav. mist to the furnace right next to Gerolt, by the moogle

Then you'll go from i80 wep to i90 and now it's a Zenith, then you can go enjoy doing a bajillion fates for atmas around Eorzea while equipped with your Zenith to make it an Atma then 13,500 Myth later (9 books, 1500 myth each), congrats you got yourself an Animus!

Hasney

I wish the fates dropped that now. It would make it much less of a grind if you didn't have to wait until you got that weapon first.

Sioen

Remember to unequip the weapon (put a place holder wep for said class) or switch to another class
You have to trade the wep + 3 thav. mist to the furnace right next to Gerolt, by the moogle

Then you'll go from i80 wep to i90 and now it's a Zenith, then you can go enjoy doing a bajillion fates for atmas around Eorzea while equipped with your Zenith to make it an Atma then 13,500 Myth later (9 books, 1500 myth each), congrats you got yourself an Animus!
Lol that sounds so horrible.

Atolm

So I'm mostly IL90 with my SCH, aside from the belt slot. I'm still using the Royal Sash belt and it brings down my IL average to 88. Any suggestion about where to get a better one?

Ken

So I'm mostly IL90 with my SCH, aside from the belt slot. I'm still using the Royal Sash belt and it brings down my IL average to 88. Any suggestion about where to get a better one?

uhhh

myth belt
allagan belt
soldiery belt
high allagan belt
i90 crafted belt

Hystzen

Just got my collectors edition delivered as needed something meaty to play on my PS4.

Never touched a MMO before but heard this is noob friendly.

What want ask is about worlds and stuff and in UK so wondering what world setup I need to play with any GAF members. Looking at OP and still not clear on it lol

Just got my collectors edition delivered as needed something meaty to play on my PS4.

Never touched a MMO before but heard this is noob friendly.

What want ask is about worlds and stuff and in UK so wondering what world setup I need to play with any GAF members. Looking at OP and still not clear on it lol

I will have to make it clear in the OP but your best bet is joining Ultrosgaf.

Hasney

Go on Ultros server to play with gaffers
or Shiva if you want to play with everyone's hero Hasney

PS Say a fond farewell to your other games first just in case this grabs you like it has me.

Hasney

Worth clarifying - this is friendly FOR AN MMO. It'll still be quite a bit to get your head around. :)

Yup. Actually reading the help prompts when they pop up will help a lot with everything up until about level 20. Then you're left on your own a bit, but you should have enough of the basics to know what to do when you go out exploring for that next bit of content.

Hystzen

The game does a good job explaining itself IMO. Some details stay in my head others slip out due to new info. Took me 5 minutes figure out how use a potions now it linking to bar at bottom makes things easier.

So these achievement things I been told visit some dude in old grinidia? (Place where lancer class starts) but no markers on map for him. It says something about claiming rewards from him.

The game does a good job explaining itself IMO. Some details stay in my head others slip out due to new info. Took me 5 minutes figure out how use a potions now it linking to bar at bottom makes things easier.

So these achievement things I been told visit some dude in old grinidia? (Place where lancer class starts) but no markers on map for him. It says something about claiming rewards from him.

He is in Apkallu Falls. Take the aethernet in Gridania to Mih Khetto Amphitheatre and head north on your map.

iammeiam

It's funny how much prettier and populated the game is on PS4 vs PS3. I'm switching back and forth between both, and Ultros on PS3 feels almost abandoned at times.

Is there a way to change minimap transparency on PS4? I found the option for the map that pops up when you hit square, but not the always present circular one. The top of the border around the minimap causes really noticeable IR on my plasma. I know I can turn it off, but I'm still new enough to be perpetually lost. I think if I could make it less contrasty it'd be less of an issue.

It's funny how much prettier and populated the game is on PS4 vs PS3. I'm switching back and forth between both, and Ultros on PS3 feels almost abandoned at times.

Is there a way to change minimap transparency on PS4? I found the option for the map that pops up when you hit square, but not the always present circular one. The top of the border around the minimap causes really noticeable IR on my plasma. I know I can turn it off, but I'm still new enough to be perpetually lost. I think if I could make it less contrasty it'd be less of an issue.

It is the same population. You mean the PS3 renders less people on screen at once?

iammeiam

It is the same population. You mean the PS3 renders less people on screen at once?

Yep; I know everyone's there, but I can log out of a crowded market board area on PS4, log in on PS3, and be in an almost empty hallway. Or participate in a FATE and have it not render most of the other PCs. Since area chat is usually pretty quiet, the overall feel of the game is just different. Having the other characters rendered, even though I don't interact with most of them, just makes it feel more alive.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
So what are the best / your favorite uses of GC seals?

I can't wait until they ditch PS3 support...

Wilsongt

You know, I have a pretty decent time playing around with PVP as a SCH. However, I need to sit down and make a macro to spam that says "Fuck you" every time someone insults me for dying or when we lose.

Edit: Especially when I'm the only one wearing PVP gear.

I've really been enjoying the game on the PS4. But I also picked it up on the PC so I would have the option of playing on either. Though with the little amount of time I am now afforded due to family and kids, I am playing it very casually. (plus I'm not going to quit on my backlog) I used to constantly raid and be on the edge of new end game content back since the beginning of WoW but I quit a few years ago all together.

But I'm enjoying playing FF14 casually. And being in GAF is pretty awesome.

Hasney

You know, I have a pretty decent time playing around with PVP as a SCH. However, I need to sit down and make a macro to spam that says "Fuck you" every time someone insults me for dying or when we lose.

It's always the healers fault. Didn't you get the memo?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Promotion. I MUST BE THE HIGHEST RANK.

Aye, and I hear personal housing wll require a high GC rank....

I've really been enjoying the game on the PS4. But I also picked it up on the PC so I would have the option of playing on either. Though with the little amount of time I am now afforded due to family and kids, I am playing it very casually. (plus I'm not going to quit on my backlog) I used to constantly raid and be on the edge of new end game content back since the beginning of WoW but I quit a few years ago all together.

But I'm enjoying playing FF14 casually. And being in GAF is pretty awesome.

I boot up FFXIV on my PS4, turn my Vita on and just pick it up whenever I find time around the house and remote play for a bit. It makes for great casual play.

aceface

So what are the best / your favorite uses of GC seals?

I can't wait until they ditch PS3 support...

Get all the promotions first, then when you are at level 50 you can pick up an ilevel55 weapon from them which is good to tide you over until you get an HM primal weapon or relic.

Other than that I only get ventures occasionally.

Mairu

How long did it take you guys to get it?

Well, the group was apparently working on it for over 30 hours total... but their previous MT deleted his character last week and I joined them on Saturday. Then we lost our summoner and had to quickly replace him on Monday. I only started working on it with them Sunday-Thursday :O

Fortunately me and the new dps caught on pretty quick

Khatoz

Well, the group was apparently working on it for over 30 hours total... but their previous MT deleted his character last week and I joined them on Saturday. Then we lost our summoner and had to quickly replace him on Monday. I only started working on it with them Sunday-Thursday :O

Fortunately me and the new dps caught on pretty quick

Congrats and damn that's a lot of time to learn a fight, well kinda happy that this fight will also be a challenge like Twin was at its time.

Hasney

Huh, was going to ask where to find one of you fine people to complete my application on Ultros, but one of you was standing next to the retainer bell in Old Gridania. Fantastic.

Why is it that the dickhead player count seems to go up anytime I have to do the Main Scenario instances? Trying to get my cousin through the Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium last night and there were a fair number of assholes. I remember there being quite a few when I did them the first time as well.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
Why is it that the dickhead player count seems to go up anytime I have to do the Main Scenario instances? Trying to get my cousin through the Castrum Meridianum and The Praetorium last night and there were a fair number of assholes. I remember there being quite a few when I did them the first time as well.
There are a lot of assholes that are doing the story roulettes and just want to rush through it. This means some of these people are assholes who pressure people to skip cutscenes and such.

Just hope that there are enough decent people in the group to votekick these assholes.

kiryogi

Banned

D: You couldn't keep me alive! XD Why didn't you go for i70 gear BTW?

Totakeke

Re: T8

What are the tower sequences that you guys use so you can have everyone stack up at the boss for mines? Right now our sequences always have homing missles come with the mines so we can't stack up for mines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom