• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wookieomg

Basically, roulettes throw you into a random dungeon, and the completion bonus is usually massive for running Low Level Dungeon Roulette (it's like half your XP bar in the upper 40s?). You can only do it once a day but that's still pretty good experience. Oh, and the XP you get from killing dungeon mobs also got buffed; like 4k per kill with rested XP in something like Aurum Vale.

That's pretty sweet. Hmm... Well I've been thinking about getting back into it for a couple of weeks now. What server does GAF reside on? And is the guild active?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
YoshiP confirms cat boys are best. FC GAF on meltdown status.

Is anyone from GAF going to be at E3? When we find out what from XIV will be there, I wonder if we could do a GAF raid if enough of us are there and it's like a new primal or something to fight.

I'll be there.

Taruranto

XIV's community can be really obnoxious and that pairs in a really ill fashion to it's awkwardly laddered content. I really don't even know how newer players or people trying out new archetypes are even going to be able to learn a lot of these encounters. On the other hand, I can't blame a lot of the folks making groups for asking only for experience. It's not fun to wipe day in day out on stuff that should be fairly simple after some mild practice.

It's really just a matter of providing more incentive to help lesser progressed players and to better stagger your content with more bosses and modes, I suppose. Too many glorified Heigan dances also kind of sucks. If Ramuh is another I guess he'll at least look the part.

I think it's kinda ironic that Yoshida designed a game very obvious for casual, and then designed end-game fights as much as anti-casual they can be. I mean, the fights themselves are not hard, but they are just a bunch of repeated patterns. You either know Titan rotation, or you don't. There is no middle ground. A new player isn't going to jump in and beat him. He will either wipe the pt over and over or get carried.

The only exception I can think of is Mog-Exe.

XI was often criticized for being inaccessible and hard (Not that it's wrong), but you could actually tackle the fights with an inexperienced group and win.

Alas I try to enter the PF groups that don't seem hostile but they end up being groups where people hope to be carried and that can be annoying too. I'm all for helping but please make an effort and don't get wiped on EX Titan by the first landslide.

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting this today for PS4 but I have an issue. Not sure if anyone can help though.

I live in Japan but use an EU PSN. It seems cheaper to get the retail version here. But then will I have to pay the sub in £ or yen? Would I be able to buy playtime cards in Japanese shops or what?

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer.

expel

After endless Brayflox marathon and boring fates
Bmop1BLCAAERW1w.jpg

Sooo I just changed classes from a level 30 Archer to a pugilist so I can hurry up and become a bard. Is there any actions/traits you people recommend I should go back and get?

Sooo I just changed classes from a level 30 Archer to a pugilist so I can hurry up and become a bard. Is there any actions/traits you people recommend I should go back and get?

While you are only required to level Pugilist to unlock Bard, you can also use Lancer abilities on Bard. Invigorate and Blood for Blood are two you will eventually want to get.

Dunan

Hi guys, I'm thinking of getting this today for PS4 but I have an issue. Not sure if anyone can help though.

I live in Japan but use an EU PSN. It seems cheaper to get the retail version here. But then will I have to pay the sub in £ or yen? Would I be able to buy playtime cards in Japanese shops or what?

Thanks to anyone who knows the answer.

I'm in the same spot as you, only with a US PSN account.

Not wanting to get tangled up in these kinds of problems, I sent for the US game and installed it (on my Japanese PS3). When the 30 days were up and it was time to subscribe, I bought Crysta rather than setting up recurring billing.

And when I bough Crysta from the US store from a Japanese IP address, the store denied my US-based credit card but permitted my Japanese one. So I was billed in yen... for a charge in dollars... to play a game in Japan. Roundabout, but it worked!

Hasney

Wow, those changes sound really great. What are those roulettes all about? One of my largest complaints with the game was that the last 10-15 levels were EXTREMELY grindy. In my case, I was FATE grinding for all of them because I had finished the story quests/zone quests then.. :/ That sort of barren nature to the leveling process really rubbed me the wrong way. And I had wanted to make an alt or two, but knowing that I was going to have nothing but FATEs to look forward to pretty much killed my interest in that. lol

I can say that as someone that hit level 50 yesterday, there was minimal grinding now. Very occasionally had to find the odd FATE, but filling out the hunting log and doing all the side quests was enough. I jumped into FATES throughout when I wanted to, but I only occasionally felt that I had to.

Since your job as fabness is support, it can't hurt to get Mantra from PUG too. I think that is level 42...

While you are only required to level Pugilist to unlock Bard, you can also use Lancer abilities on Bard. Invigorate and Blood for Blood are two you will eventually want to get.

Man... that requires me getting to level 34 (Lancer) and level 42 (Pugilist). Also, getting Archer to level 46 for flame arrows, if they are worth it of course. This is gonna take months at my pace. :p

Wookieomg

I can say that as someone that hit level 50 yesterday, there was minimal grinding now. Very occasionally had to find the odd FATE, but filling out the hunting log and doing all the side quests was enough. I jumped into FATES throughout when I wanted to, but I only occasionally felt that I had to.

Excellent to hear! Makes the prospect of leveling a new character on Ultros much more appealing. :D

Man... that requires me getting to level 34 (Lancer) and level 42 (Pugilist). Also, getting Archer to level 46 for flame arrows, if they are worth it of course. This is gonna take months at my pace. :p

Once you unlock bard you get a job stone for it and it shares levels with archer. Wherever you left off as archer is where you will start as bard, all those abilities archer gets so will bard as you keep leveling to 50.

I would highly suggest 34 for lancer at some point since bfb is a nice dps cd(along with invig along the way which is required for any endgame as bard), however mantra is highly situational from monk and if your healers needed the 5% boost bard gets to clear something then there's more problems than what a gimped mantra would help with.

jiggle

2 atmas in 5 fates.
And then a wasteland.

I have met a terrible fate.
A whole lot of them in fact.
I have been in outer LA noscea for two weeks and no atma
granted I pop in and out for DF/gathering/venture
I should just wait for them to Nerf it :/

Get Pugilist 15, Archer 50, then work on Lancer to 34 while getting your Soldiery tomes each week. As tigerkiddo said, you can also get Mantra from Pugilist but save that for last. Also remember that you get a 50% bonus to experience when leveling any class that is lower level than your highest class.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Get Pugilist 15, Archer 50, then work on Lancer to 34 while getting your Soldiery tomes each week. As tigerkiddo said, you can also get Mantra from Pugilist but save that for last. Also remember that you get a 50% bonus to experience when leveling any class that is lower level than your highest class.

I don't even have mantra, lol.

Reached Level 40 Monk and I feel it's now time for me to use my attribute points. Should I really use any points for dexterity and/or vitality? Or should all the points go to strength?

Moaradin

Reached Level 40 Monk and I feel it's now time for me to use my attribute points. Should I really use any points for dexterity and/or vitality? Or should all the points go to strength?

Everything in Strength. There isn't much choice when it comes to attribute points.

Arcanist is the only job that lets you get away with a split between mind and intelligence. I don't think it's wrong to put a few points in vitality if you need the extra hp, especially if you use gear that doesn't provide a boost in vitality even if it's relevant.

IvorB

Really digging the group dungeons (when they work). Played the first two a couple of times last night, got quite a few commendations which is awesome. Can't wait to carry on playing today :--).

I have been in outer LA noscea for two weeks and no atma
granted I pop in and out for DF/gathering/venture
I should just wait for them to Nerf it :/

I'm waiting for the inevitable nerf, I take the approach of tackling content like that to be one patch behind the "harcore" and just do everything else that doesn't require a crazy grind and cruise though the grindy stuff once it's been nerfed.

Personally I look at wipes like this:

And while im optimistic, i've witnessed first hand that some people dont seem to learn, even from repetition. The other night, we had a person who kept getting blasted by mistral shriek in story Garuda. And not the one that takes place when she is outside the calm.

I had a healer doing this (also story Garuda) the other day. It's not like it is a hard attack to anticipate. Really annoying.

Dunan

Important question for my fellow PS4 upgraders:

Is there a glitch affecting PS4 download codes?

I just went through the Mog Station to get my PS4 download code, and all went smoothly (so my PS3 version is gone).

But when I visit the PSN store on the PS4 and input the code, another screen with "Cancel" and "Continue" buttons flashes for just a fraction of a second, and then I'm immediately kicked back to the main PS4 menu. The game doesn't start downloading.

Is there any other way to acquire the game? I'm paying for a subscription, and I can't access my old version anymore. Is SE being bombarded by downloads or something?

(Edit/addendum: I entered the code and pressed the "Continue" button in the tiny fraction of a second that it gave me, and it began to download. The "Library" screen shows it's already 1% done. Just 94 minutes until I can see this glorious PS4 game!)

aceface

Important question for my fellow PS4 upgraders:

Is there a glitch affecting PS4 download codes?

I just went through the Mog Station to get my PS4 download code, and all went smoothly (so my PS3 version is gone).

But when I visit the PSN store on the PS4 and input the code, another screen with "Cancel" and "Continue" buttons flashes for just a fraction of a second, and then I'm immediately kicked back to the main PS4 menu. The game doesn't start downloading.

Is there any other way to acquire the game? I'm paying for a subscription, and I can't access my old version anymore. Is SE being bombarded by downloads or something?

Can you still download the client from the PSN store for free? You shouldn't need that code they give you. Alternatively, since I saw a picture with a PS4 disk, try putting that in.

Dunan

Can you still download the client from the PSN store for free? You shouldn't need that code they give you. Alternatively, since I saw a picture with a PS4 disk, try putting that in.

The code acquired on Mog Station is the one that you need to enter on the PSN Store.

I have a PS4 disk -- it came with this special edition PS4 -- but that will tie me to a Japanese PSN account, and I'm already playing this game on my US account. Not about to start over!

T.O.P

Banned
Almost to 50

Jesus it was slower and much more boring than my first time at launch, but i'm enjoying WHM so muh more than BLM so it's for the best

Can't wait to get back into the endgame stuff

I was having lots of fun gearing my PLD, but now I've hit the point where doing hard runs for points is the most I can do at this point (ilevel 70ish)

It's getting boring

I feel kinda stumped on my DRG progression. Basically nothing I can do until I do everything in coil lol

I assume the stat weights for MNKs are similar to DRG? I think I'm gonna work on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom