• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I reached Level 50 and the end of the 2.0 story with my WHM, and am planning on obtaining my relic weapon over the summer. As such, I'm currently at a loss for a few concepts in the game that still baffle me:

-How am I able to craft materia? What do I do in order to craft materia? I need two specific pieces as well as an object (which I read I need to be a Level 50 Alchemist (or pay a hefty sum of gil) in order to successfully create and meld materia to). Every guide I read on how to craft materia dances around how to actually craft it - all I know is you have to have bound equipment, and the guides just assume you already know what to do afterward and/or where to go/I don't know. ;__;
-Is there any extensive "endgame" guide I can refer to, because the amount of content and unknowns are, well, unknown to me.
-I keep seeing people using their Chocobos to fight. How am I able to do so as well?

SkyOdin

Today I reached Level 50 and the end of the 2.0 story with my WHM, and am planning on obtaining my relic weapon over the summer. As such, I'm currently at a loss for a few concepts in the game that still baffle me:

-How am I able to craft materia? What do I do in order to craft materia? I need two specific pieces as well as an object (which I read I need to be a Level 50 Alchemist (or pay a hefty sum of gil) in order to successfully create and meld materia to). Every guide I read on how to craft materia dances around how to actually craft it - all I know is you have to have bound equipment, and the guides just assume you already know what to do afterward and/or where to go/I don't know. ;__;
-Is there any extensive "endgame" guide I can refer to, because the amount of content and unknowns are, well, unknown to me.
-I keep seeing people using their Chocobos to fight. How am I able to do so as well?
If you are at least level 19, you can do a quest found in Central Thanalan that allows you to transform spiritbound equipment into materia. All you need to do then is right-click the item and select the Convert into Materia option. The story should have brought you by the place around level 20, when Minfillia asked you to have some materia set into a dagger for her. Anyone can convert equipment into materia.

Once you have the materia you need, you just need to make a /shout or two in a city state and an alchemist will be available to meld it for you. Getting the specific materia you need for your weapon can be a crap-shoot, so you will probably need to buy it off the market board.

To have your chocobo fight alongside you, you just need to perform a quest found in Camp Tranquil, about level 30. Then, you just use a gysahl green.

Alucrid

Banned

you're on ultros right? just shout out in fc chat for someone. if i'm on i can meld everything and don't need payment

Looks like they are using 5 dps. You should give him pointers though since you were doing a full 100 more dps as a mnk without any upgrades other then weapon.

nah i had 2 100 and 110 upgrade

Khatoz

Looks like they are using 5 dps. You should give him pointers though since you were doing a full 100 more dps as a mnk without any upgrades other then weapon.

And the amazing part is that Vero is a clicker.. imagine the damage he would do if he used hotkeys D:

Ok so i finally got the game on ps4 and have no idea where to start. I'm in Japan so is there any point trying to join the main server you guys are on or is there a lot of lag in such cases?

Shamdeo

x_x

iequjirjqH7fc.png

So I picked this game up when it was on sale for super cheap a while ago on PlayStation 3. Just got around to installing it and I think I'm going to try getting into it. The Ultros server isn't accepting any new characters currently so I just picked a random NA one. Just finished creating my character.Love the customization process, really detailed. I've never played a traditional MMO before. Guild Wars 2 was my first and I found myself really longing to play a healer class. Hopefully FF14 scratches that itch!

Dunan

Ok so i finally got the game on ps4 and have no idea where to start. I'm in Japan so is there any point trying to join the main server you guys are on or is there a lot of lag in such cases?

I'm in Japan too and don't notice too much more lag than when playing on a Japanese server. But I'm a casual player and haven't reached the super-hard postgame stuff yet.

So I'm more focused on shortening the lag between my brain and my button-presses than anything network-related.

draw4wild

I must say, I would be cursing having to go through all the main scenario quests again but not having to manage anima makes me enjoy them a lot more.

How come when I do low level roulette I lose any abilities higher than the sync level but I've seen a scholar with Eos out at lvl 23? Is it just so there's more healers available?

jiggle

How come when I do low level roulette I lose any abilities higher than the sync level but I've seen a scholar with Eos out at lvl 23? Is it just so there's more healers available?
Summon is like a lv4 spell

You do get to use above-sync level skills/spells from other jobs though

Ok FFXIV veterans...ran into a prob today playing.

I was lvl'ing up my goldsmith and I was pretty much flying through levels and I got to 10 and went to start lvl 10 mission where I'm supposed to make 12 copper ring(s) and hand them off to the guildmaster. Now here's the problem...

I notice that the exclamation on the NPC is now red with a key in it usually meaning I'm not a high enough lvl but I'm a lvl 11! Talk to guildmaster and it changes nothing. Can't make any progress in mission either.

Super frustrating as I was aiming towards lvl 19 so I can get the mission for melding my materia to my other classes equip. Anyone have a solution to this or am I just missing something stupidly obvious??

Korezo

I was lvl'ing up my goldsmith and I was pretty much flying through levels and I got to 10 and went to start lvl 10 mission where I'm supposed to make 12 copper ring(s) and hand them off to the guildmaster. Now here's the problem...

I notice that the exclamation on the NPC is now red with a key in it usually meaning I'm not a high enough lvl but I'm a lvl 11! Talk to guildmaster and it changes nothing. Can't make any progress in mission either.

Super frustrating as I was aiming towards lvl 19 so I can get the mission for melding my materia to my other classes equip. Anyone have a solution to this or am I just missing something stupidly obvious??

It's probably lvl10 to to start quest but need to be lvl 15 to completes

Yaoibot

Atma...Fucking...Hunting... 3 to go. Who the fuck invented this shit? 7h in E. THAN was the worst so far. I won't do this again without a patch. Secondary jobs can make do with Levi/ Coil weapons until this is fixed. (The latter of which is better anyhow.)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!

Make sure they're all the same quality. You can't turn in 11 normal, 1 high; it has to be either 12 normal or 12 high.

Also double check that you're making "Copper Rings" and not the "Copper Ring".

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
My phone crashed and I had to reset all my apps. Guess what app was in there. SQUENIX's shitty OTP app. Now that I've had to reinstall the app, to use it again, I need my registration password. And to get my registration password, I need to log into the website. To log into the website, I need a OTP.

FUCK. I told everyone this system was shitty. Now I have to contact them through support. Why don't they use email as a two-step authentication instead of their own app?

Tiduz

Eurogaime
My phone crashed and I had to reset all my apps. Guess what app was in there. SQUENIX's shitty OTP app. Now that I've had to reinstall the app, to use it again, I need my registration password. And to get my registration password, I need to log into the website. To log into the website, I need a OTP.

FUCK. I told everyone this system was shitty. Now I have to contact them through support. Why don't they use email as a two-step authentication instead of their own app?

you should have written down your OTP removal you only get once.

Winter John

Apologies if this has already been answered, but is there anyway to remove the chat box. I'm too slow at typing to bother and the constant gold farming ads are a real pain. I blacklist them as soon as they appear but that doesn't seem to do much

Hasney

Apologies if this has already been answered, but is there anyway to remove the chat box. I'm too slow at typing to bother and the constant gold farming ads are a real pain. I blacklist them as soon as they appear but that doesn't seem to do much

Turn off tells in the chat filter settings and you won't get them. I don't think you can turn the chat box off entirely.

Hystzen

What's best thing to do after doing that envoy mission unlocking airship travel. I decided switch class to glad so can get that level 15. Grinded to 8 by doing levequests just wondering what best thing do after that

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead

Make sure you are crafting the copper rings crafting material in the 1-5 recipe level and not a copper ring in the 6-10 recipe level, I made this mistake and wondered why I couldn't turn it in, good job they sell for around 2k I had 14 of em

Been meaning to ask this, but how do I acquire a pet? Do I have to be a certain class?

Also, a Best Buy I went to had physical 60-day time cards on display so I guess they finally putting them in stores

BlackJace

Bio and Miasma are really fun to use; I'm glad I chose this class.

Should be coming up on the first dungeon (Satasha, I think) soon, excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom