• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artorias

Banned
What this game sorely needs is some vocals from the characters. The battles are just so eerily quiet. We need some battle cries and shrieks. I really don't know why the characters don't make any sound. It really sucks. Come to think of it the battles seems to be missing battle sounds in general, even weapons sounds etc.

I have like.. all of that stuff. You may have muted it in options.

rrc1594

Hey can someone show me a how they set their hot bars or HUD layout. I know it's personal preference If I can get a template on how it should be that would be appreciated.

Xux

Yeah, I'll check it out eventually. Do you have to roll against 23 other people for gear?

I really, really like the Warrior of Light gear...too bad I'm a DRG.
Maybe they'll add a tank job for LNC and you can use it then.
What this game sorely needs is some vocals from the characters. The battles are just so eerily quiet. We need some battle cries and shrieks. I really don't know why the characters don't make any sound. It really sucks. Come to think of it the battles seems to be missing battle sounds in general, even weapons sounds etc.
I dunno how you can say this with so many BRDs everywhere.

Teknoman

I think by general chat, he means people who do things in /say as well?

Most of that stuff is only done when a group of people are just nearby and happen not to be in the same LS or FC, but want to talk to each other.

Now after a patch or live letter /announcement, you might see huge conversations...or maybe even a major world (in real life or in eorzea) event but thats about it.

Now dungeon convos, usually it takes one person to break the ice. Not much to talk about unless you're impressed with something in the dungeon or expressing your dislike. Maybe coming up with a plan here or there, but sometimes thats because you're probably on different servers anyway...and it might not matter in the long run.

At least thats how i think some of the silent types look at it.

Sorian

Banned

Nah, a lot of MMOs have a "general" chat channel that is zone wide. We fill that void with /shout but those MMOs that have a general chat channel also have a /shout which is usually a bigger range than /say but smaller than /general or /1. Don't we have /yell in this game too? That is more akin to what people are used to in /shout.

Teknoman

Nah, a lot of MMOs have a "general" chat channel that is zone wide. We fill that void with /shout but those MMOs that have a general chat channel also have a /shout which is usually a bigger range than /say but smaller than /general or /1. Don't we have /yell in this game too? That is more akin to what people are used to in /shout.

Ohhh. Well thats totally different then. I dont think i've ever used /yell aside from early on actually.

Good God doing The Sunken Temple of Qarn with randoms has been a painful experience.

STAND ON THE TILES GODDAMIT

Did you discuss the fight prior to?

SkylineRKR

Yeah Qarn can be a nightmare. The boss also requires some knowledge and in my case the Tank also went for adds, they didn't kill adds at the tiles and they didn't respond to the lightshow staffs. And the average waiting time was very long for DPS.

But I got a Shellsplitter on my second run so I called it a day, I think its a rather useless dungeon outside of the green weapon loot from the boss (if you're in the 30's).

Sorian

Banned
Ohhh. Well thats totally different then. I dont think i've ever used /yell aside from early on actually.

Same, my extent for using /yell was just to figure out what the hell it did because I did just come from a game that used a general chat as the zone wide function and /shout was just useless.

BlackJace

Most of that stuff is only done when a group of people are just nearby and happen not to be in the same LS or FC, but want to talk to each other.

Now after a patch or live letter /announcement, you might see huge conversations...or maybe even a major world (in real life or in eorzea) event but thats about it.

Now dungeon convos, usually it takes one person to break the ice. Not much to talk about unless you're impressed with something in the dungeon or expressing your dislike. Maybe coming up with a plan here or there, but sometimes thats because you're probably on different servers anyway...and it might not matter in the long run.

At least thats how i think some of the silent types look at it.

From my experience with the beta, the chat seemed to be really lively. Random conversations about this and that, a lot of people asking for help, etc.

I don't mind it being mostly quiet now though, no one really said anything noteworthy!

Teknoman

From my experience with the beta, the chat seemed to be really lively. Random conversations about this and that, a lot of people asking for help, etc.

I don't mind it being mostly quiet now though, no one really said anything noteworthy!

Yeah once people start gravitating towards Free Companies or even Linkshells, they start to form communities within...the community.

I'll be honest, I do miss the random shout conversations from FFXI.

Azull

Character creation status is updated several times a day. Taken from the FFXIV Lodestone: 4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

Not sure why it wouldn't let you create one if it's open. I know I had to wait a good while before joining my friends when i first started and it was annoying. Just took the time to play around on another server.

Yeah this is beginning to be beyond frustrating, I was planning on playing all day but its already 3 and I haven't done anything. Really really annoyed right now....

No, it'll be $18 if you go that route.

That is freaking lame as hell...

danthefan

Had to kick a dragoon from the Sunken Temple earlier because they just kept pulling mobs despite being told not to repeatedly. They didn't seem to understand they were not a tank.

I've gotten quite a lot of gear from there for my lv37 WHM though.

Aeana

I'm exiling you if we get more tank loot Tuesday. Other stuff is supposed to drop in that turn you know!

*sobs*
Maybe you should have another one of your heart-to-hearts with Twin and see if she can put in a good word with the second Coil folks. They might just be unaware that you are Coil's favored son.

nOoblet16

I have a question about the Playstation version of this game. I have an NA PSN account but I live in UK. Can I buy the UK disc and play it with my NA account or will the launcher only work if I use the account belonging to the appropriate region (ie. EU here) ?

EDIT: I assume it would work but if I want to activate it on PS4 I'll have to use my UK account to download the PS4 version and then I can play it using my NA account.

Frazley

Had to kick a dragoon from the Sunken Temple earlier because they just kept pulling mobs despite being told not to repeatedly. They didn't seem to understand they were not a tank.

I've gotten quite a lot of gear from there for my lv37 WHM though.
I made that mistake once on a guildhest (the first one) I started pulling forgetting I wasn't a tank. I hopefully have learned my lesson.

Polo67

I've been downloading the game on PSN but I'm getting an Error CE-32947. Has any one else had this issue? I really want to play this game.

Sorian

Banned
If I am doing a dance (oh let's say /mandervilledance) when that attack goes off in turn 6, does that count as me doing an action?

You should play a Bard

My phone crashed and I had to reset all my apps. Guess what app was in there. SQUENIX's shitty OTP app. Now that I've had to reinstall the app, to use it again, I need my registration password. And to get my registration password, I need to log into the website. To log into the website, I need a OTP.

FUCK. I told everyone this system was shitty. Now I have to contact them through support. Why don't they use email as a two-step authentication instead of their own app?

Why didn't you write down or print out the recovery code that it tells you in big red text to keep a record of in case your app fubars?

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Why didn't you write down or print out the recovery code that it tells you in big red text to keep a record of in case your app fubars?

I don't recall it being that obvious.

Currently on hold with support.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
That'll learn ya to right down those codes next time.

Yep. I'm in! Finally. I missed out on a whole lazy Sunday of FFXIV. I'll tell you, though, you guys blaming me for not writing the emergency key down... It's not that obvious. I can see why I skipped it last time. There was no prompt or anything during the process. I had to actively look for the emergency key on the website.

Also, future me: You put the Emergency Key in Google Keep.

Alfebit

Banned
So I just got this game yesterday and put in a couple hours in before I went to bed. I'm surprised how much I enjoy it even though I've never been a big MMO fan. Am I still able to join the GAF FC on Ultros?

chrono01

I would imagine the answer is I will get kicked but if I join a queue in the duty finder and then switch class, what happens?
Duty Finder will still pop when it becomes available, but it won't allow you to "Accept" until you switch back to the class you were in when you initially opted for the DF.

Sorian

Banned
I would imagine the answer is I will get kicked but if I join a queue in the duty finder and then switch class, what happens?

You'll stay in the queue and once it pops for you to accept you'll just need to switch back to the class you queued with. They can handle that but if you summon your chocobo while in duty finder, it'll tell you to fuck right off and kick you out.

Hystzen

Spent 30 minutes running around limsa lominsa trying find marauders guild so can grind it to level 15. Made it too lvl10 before calling it a night, soon as finish that to level 15 back to lancer so can finally get dragoon

pix

In your guys experience how long do server restrictions last? I am trying to make a character on Hyperion to play with a friend and I can't. :(

danthefan

Duty Finder will still pop when it becomes available, but it won't allow you to "Accept" until you switch back to the class you were in when you initially opted for the DF.

You'll stay in the queue and once it pops for you to accept you'll just need to switch back to the class you queued with. They can handle that but if you summon your chocobo while in duty finder, it'll tell you to fuck right off and kick you out.

The chocobo thing is really annoying. Thanks to you both.

I'm not really liking the dungeon loot system. Why can't they either give everyone their own random drop or just automatically select someone at random for the item. It's just really annoying having to stop and make a menu selection each time on a controller

Sorian

Banned
I'm not really liking the dungeon loot system. Why can't they either give everyone their own random drop or just automatically select someone at random for the item. It's just really annoying having to stop and make a menu selection each time on a controller

Worst complaint ever. Sorry to interrupt your day with a logical system for passing out loot.

Thanks for helping with The Four Winds FATE in Coerthas guys (Character: World Free). I will be sure to pay it forward. This FATE almost made me give up the Animus quest.

Sorian

Banned
Thanks for helping with The Four Winds FATE in Coerthas guys (Character: World Free). I will be sure to pay it forward. This FATE almost made me give up the Animus quest.

That's in my current book as well, I had some help show last night when it popped but there was only 5 minutes on the clock when I zoned in to see it and I always forget how long it takes to kill all four bosses.

Teknoman

Just press select, X, pick need or greed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom