• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.O.P

Banned
Jesus christ, the community on ps4 is so awful compared to pc

in 2-3 weeks i saw, i think, a couple of person speaking in general chat, dungeon runs all awfully quiet, no one in the 4 FC i tried ever spoke a single work

I get it that you might not have a usb keyboard and typing on the pad can be damn tedious but it's damn sad for an mmo

Gonna finish the free month then switch to Ultros when i buy a new subsription :/

Sorian

Banned
Jesus christ, the community on ps4 is so awful compared to pc

in 2-3 weeks i saw, i think, a couple of person speaking in general chat, dungeon runs all awfully quiet, no one in the 4 FC i tried ever spoke a single work

I get it that you might not have a usb keyboard and typing on the pad can be damn tedious but it's damn sad for an mmo

Gonna finish the free month then switch to Ultros when i buy a new subsription :/

There is no seperate community for PS4 and PC, everyone plays together. You probably just chose a crap server.

T.O.P

Banned
There is no seperate community for PS4 and PC, everyone plays together. You probably just chose a crap server.

No i mean, the new servers who were added for the Ps4 launch, i thought it would be nice to start fresh on a new server

I know that Ps4 and PC are merged but on these servers i'm pretty sure that 90% of players are on Ps4

Sorian

Banned
No i mean, the new servers who were added for the Ps4 launch, i thought it would be nice to start fresh on a new server

I know that Ps4 and PC are merged but on these servers i'm pretty sure that 90% of players are on Ps4

Huh, don't mind me, I guess I never realized that they were going to do that.

zewone

When you say general chat, do you just mean people yelling things?

I don't know if I'd want that. Seems annoying.

Get into a good FC like GAF and there's plenty of helpful people to chat with.

Just won T5 with Kruz and co, first win and i won the spear, so happeh

1523367_10154125427295440_4051025259723954310_o.jpg

I want that spear... Congrats!

T.O.P

Banned
When you say general chat, do you just mean people yelling things?

I don't know if I'd want that. Seems annoying.

Get into a good FC like GAF and there's plenty of helpful people to chat with.

I want that spear... Congrats!

Just talking would be good, even trying to get people to form Fate party for better xp is hard

anticipating my server transfer then

Azull

So finally caved and bought the game. Finished creating my character, go to choose gilgamesh (my friends are playing on that server) and apparently its full? On the website it says it's open for character creation. Ugh, how long do I usually have to wait for the server to open?

zewone

So finally caved and bought the game. Finished creating my character, go to choose gilgamesh (my friends are playing on that server) and apparently its full? On the website it says it's open for character creation. Ugh, how long do I usually have to wait for the server to open?

It took me less than 10 minutes of retrying for Ultros to open up.

I'd say stay on the character creation screen and it keep at it.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well, I've hit a brick wall.
Titan EX is pretty much impossible without a group, Atmas aren't dropping, can't clear Ultima.
I'm a sad cat.

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Well, I've hit a brick wall.
Titan EX is pretty much impossible without a group, Atmas aren't dropping, can't clear Ultima.
I'm a sad cat.

Yeah i gave up trying to clear Titan Ex. With Duty Finder, it is what it is. Even in Party Finder, the so called "weekly clear, only join if you know the fight" usually has the party leader die first anyway. I got him to 10-20% a few times on first attempts, and people just instantly ragequit.

zewone

I haven't tried the Crystal Tower, but since the Coil Turns drop ilvl90 gear, is there any reason to go there, other than just to check it out?

Sorian

Banned
Anyone know what gear lv I should be before doing the artifact weapon quest?
I remember somebody warning me back before I stopped playing.

You can start it when you hit level 50 and finish the main storyline, you won't hit a brick wall where you need gear until Titan and he is at the end of the questline.

Sorian

Banned
I haven't tried the Crystal Tower, but since the Coil Turns drop ilvl90 gear, is there any reason to go there, other than just to check it out?

Now with echo in coil? Nah, not really. You should still go beat it once through because when they release the second part in 2.3, you probably won't be able to do it unless you've completed the first part.

Uh... my game is running in slow motion... The frame rate is smooth and fine but the game speed is like really slow. If I jump I'm in the air for like 2 seconds... I tried logging out and turning off the game multiple times but nothing helps. I tested some other games on my PS4 and they all work fine. I really don't want to have to stop playing this game after all the hours I put in...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

Just go check it out once or twice

If you get pieces for your class/job and are better than what you have why not?

Coil and Myth will be your i90 pre 2.2
You can even accumulate Soldiery and catch up to players that did have a head start

kierwynn

Vanity? Some of the gear is kinda nice looking. Other than that and just to complete it, though, not really.

Khatoz

As a part of a group learning the fight this week, I can tell you this is true. RNG for days.

While at first it seems like the fight its RNG Central, a lot of its elements can be controlled to limit the RNG factors, its just understanding the abilities and your group getting into a mindset of the location of each element.

For us we used the strife to the side strat for the spores, that way you don't have to rely on RNG for the briars and can set a location for people with spores, so the rest of the group can avoid that spot and not get devoured.

Thanks everyone for helping on the previous page regarding the lvl 10 goldsmith quest(too many people to quote and on phone lol)

I was making the wrong item the whole time!!

And as soon as I had the right quantity I was able to complete the quest.

Aeana

As a part of a group learning the fight this week, I can tell you this is true. RNG for days.

While at first it seems like the fight its RNG Central, a lot of its elements can be controlled to limit the RNG factors, its just understanding the abilities and your group getting into a mindset of the location of each element.

For us we used the strife to the side strat for the spores, that way you don't have to rely on RNG for the briars and can set a location for people with spores, so the rest of the group can avoid that spot and not get devoured.

Yeah, honestly, there isn't that much RNG in turn 6. The boss's attacks are all on a very strict set rotation governed by the phase. The location of the bulbs is random. Spore goes on a random person, and either you can use the strafe strat that we use, or you can have your tank rotate the boss and orient themselves in a certain way with respect to new briars so people always know which briar is newest so they don't run into an old briar or something.

Thank you all for the advice yesterday, and to the GAF members who helped me with the materia and melding for my relic weapon questline. Another question: when the expansion releases, will a single purchase of it grant access to both PC and PS4 versions of the game, or will we have to buy each separately? Because if that's what I have to do, that's what I'm going to do.

zewone

Now with echo in coil? Nah, not really. You should still go beat it once through because when they release the second part in 2.3, you probably won't be able to do it unless you've completed the first part.

Just go check it out once or twice

If you get pieces for your class/job and are better than what you have why not?

Coil and Myth will be your i90 pre 2.2
You can even accumulate Soldiery and catch up to players that did have a head start
Yeah, I'll check it out eventually. Do you have to roll against 23 other people for gear?
Vanity? Some of the gear is kinda nice looking. Other than that and just to complete it, though, not really.
I really, really like the Warrior of Light gear...too bad I'm a DRG.

Sorian

Banned
Thank you all for the advice yesterday, and to the GAF members who helped me with the materia and melding for my relic weapon questline. Another question: when the expansion releases, will a single purchase of it grant access to both PC and PS4 versions of the game, or will we have to buy each separately? Because if that's what I have to do, that's what I'm going to do.

It could probably go either way. I'd assume that a single purchase of the expansion would upgrade the entire account and all licenses on that account but who knows.

Yeah, I'll check it out eventually. Do you have to roll

No, its 24 people in an alliance but the gear that you see drop is only for the 8 people in your party, so same rolling that you would always be doing.

Khatoz

Yeah, honestly, there isn't that much RNG in turn 6. The boss's attacks are all on a very strict set rotation governed by the phase. The location of the bulbs is random. Spore goes on a random person, and either you can use the strafe strat that we use, or you can have your tank rotate the boss and orient themselves in a certain way with respect to new briars so people always know which briar is newest so they don't run into an old briar or something.

Wait.. wait... wait... wait... wait... wait.... what is this madness of having a tank do something other than standing in front of the boss, hit it a couple of times, afk for 10 minutes and then collect the coil loot that rightfully belongs to him for being a tank!?

Azull

Can I start a character on another server and than transfer over to a different one for free? I'm getting kind of tired of waiting on the server to open up -_-.

40px-Mainquest1_Icon.png

These quests are main story quests.

You get access to your first dungeon during the level 15 part of the main story quest.

Thanks, what is the main story quest that gives me access to the dungeon? I just finished
helping Papashan fight some guy that had the crown.

Joe T.

Character creation status is updated several times a day. Taken from the FFXIV Lodestone: 4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

Not sure why it wouldn't let you create one if it's open. I know I had to wait a good while before joining my friends when i first started and it was annoying. Just took the time to play around on another server.

Sorian

Banned
Can I start a character on another server and than transfer over to a different one for free? I'm getting kind of tired of waiting on the server to open up -_-.

No, it'll be $18 if you go that route.

Thanks, what is the main story quest that gives me access to the dungeon? I just finished
helping Papashan fight some guy that had the crown.

Honestly, I don't remember much from the beginning of the questline. It's a level 15 quest and before getting access to the first dungeon, the game is going to run you around to all of the 3 major cities so when you start seeing mention of visiting other cities, you're close.

Wait.. wait... wait... wait... wait... wait.... what is this madness of having a tank do something other than standing in front of the boss, hit it a couple of times, afk for 10 minutes and then collect the coil loot that rightfully belongs to him for being a tank!?

I'm exiling you if we get more tank loot Tuesday. Other stuff is supposed to drop in that turn you know!

*sobs*

IvorB

What this game sorely needs is some vocals from the characters. The battles are just so eerily quiet. We need some battle cries and shrieks. I really don't know why the characters don't make any sound. It really sucks. Come to think of it the battles seems to be missing battle sounds in general, even weapons sounds etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom