• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

I don't care about spoilers, but I had no idea Bahamut had been imprisoned.

I thought it was his lair and each turn was fighting closer to where he was sleeping.

Ken

To be fair, it wasn't until the Turns had actual descriptions for them in the Duty Finder that I even realized we were in a space ship.

Skilletor

To be fair, it wasn't until the Turns had actual descriptions for them in the Duty Finder that I even realized we were in a space ship.

I haven't finished the story, so I haven't read or seen any descriptions of the different Turns.

I don't go out of my way to look up screenshots of this game, so all of this is new information for me since I haven't encountered it in game yet.

cress2000

Does SE send shipping notices for physical security tokens? It's been almost a week since ordering and nothing besides the order confirmation so far.

Istaerion

Does SE send shipping notices for physical security tokens? It's been almost a week since ordering and nothing besides the order confirmation so far.

I purchased one nearly two weeks ago, and I received it this past Tuesday without any sort of notice besides the purchase confirmation.

Slime

Banned
I'm trying to upgrade to PS4, but whenever I put the code in the PS Store I get booted back to the PS4 menu before I can download the client. Anyone know what's happening?

EDIT: Nevermind, I forgot you can do that stuff on the PSN website.THE FUTURE!

Teknoman

A whole group of 8 can fit in the palm of his hand! How do you fight that!?

http://youtu.be/XgcbShn9x8g?t=5m10s

FFVI-lastboss_us.gif

And it will be amazing.

Man just thinking about what a current generation style fight like that could be...and the music that would accompany it.

EIther that, or he'll summon some avatars / Bahamut heralds or something...

One thing i'll say Square is still top notch in, it's delivering final boss battles that stick with you. Hopefully they do the right thing and make it a multi tier battle in succession, complete with nondescript crazy space zone background.

Yaoibot

Wow...honestly I never felt like this throughout my entire grind. Was it fun? Nope but it wasn't that bad...I've definitely done grindier things in MMOs. When it wasn't my night I'd just take a break and craft or spirit bond. All in all it's taken me about a week to farm the atma and that wasn't the only thing I did when I played. All of the atma hate before I began the grind really scared me but it wasn't nearly as bad as they made it out to be. Think of this as a legendary quest line in WoW, something to work towards but there are other means to obtain equal weapons.

Serious, and not meaning to sound rude question, but how old are you? In my teens and 20s, I could waste years because they felt like forever. Now in my late 30s, and after having lost a number of loved ones, I've realized how priceless a commodity time is. So yes, spending two days doing something that is supposed to be for liesure and having nothing to show for it, except for stress, is just that: a waste.

danthefan

What is the best way to go about leveling a 2nd class? I've just done the lv 10 Marauder quest and I have absolutely nothing to do now except wander around looking for FATEs. Waiting for lv 15 at least I can do dungeon runs but until then it seems just grind?

Also, how the hell is the eventual Bahamut fight going to work? We have to face him at some point right? But he is fucking massive. Like, don't you fight Twintania on his palm or arm or something? You at least run about on his hand at some point. A whole group of 8 can fit in the palm of his hand! How do you fight that!?

I've always thought it would be something like Deathwing/Rag/Kil'jaeden where it's just like half their body above a platform and you just beat their face in. In this case I could potentially see a floating platform in coil(even though I doubt he will be a coil boss when he is a core part of the games story) where it's his head and his tail/arms flailing around like a derp trying to hit us with bad position checks and all. Yes it sounds about as terrible as it can be, but if Square learned anything from Blizz, it's that you must take major lore character antagonists and then shit all over them in the final battle(except LK, he was a good fight).

Yaoibot

UPDATE: I log in before sitting down to work... Run THREE FATES. Walk away while auto attacking on a fucking mob during the 3rd and the damn thing drops. I am now CONVINCED there is a 4/day soft cap, whereby the odds depreciate the more you collect until only the Vegas High Rollers win. My collect ratio went 3/4/4/1. All of the Atmas that I got happened in literally 3h, then nothing for however much longer I played. Make of that what you will.

Item Box

What is the best way to go about leveling a 2nd class? I've just done the lv 10 Marauder quest and I have absolutely nothing to do now except wander around looking for FATEs. Waiting for lv 15 at least I can do dungeon runs but until then it seems just grind?
Fate grinding at aleport in la noscea is your best option at that level range

Blizzje

Coerthas has some big framedrops on the PS4. Anyone playing the PC version on maximum settings/1080p and willing to share their experiences on that platform in this area? There's an awful lot going on in Coerthas, but should it really dip this low?

Sioen

Coerthas has some big framedrops on the PS4. Anyone playing the PC version on maximum settings/1080p and willing to share their experiences on that platform in this area? There's an awful lot going on in Coerthas, but should it really dip this low?
The framerate can get dicey there.

Ken

One thing i'll say Square is still top notch in, it's delivering final boss battles that stick with you. Hopefully they do the right thing and make it a multi tier battle in succession, complete with nondescript crazy space zone background.

I'm still waiting for
Lahabrea
Extreme Mode.

Enjolras

Neo Member
Just another big thanks to the GAF Ultima HM group last night! Was a really run fight, glad to have finally cleared it. (Also seeing six of us crowded around the Wandering Minstrel afterwards was very satisfying.)

IMBored

So, for silence rotations, should the silence move be done when the move is being cast ( ex. High Voltage) or should the boss be always silenced? I know it's a noob question, but I honestly never have to use silence shot before, on a rotation.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
So, for silence rotations, should the silence move be done when the move is being cast ( ex. High Voltage) or should the boss be always silenced? I know it's a noob question, but I honestly never have to use silence shot before, on a rotation.

When he casts it.

Make sure to forget some times to keep the raid on their toes, like all good bards!

IMBored

When he casts it.

Make sure to forget some times to keep the raid on their toes, like all good bards!

Don't worry, that part I got covered :)
Is there a way to make a macro with the icon and cooldown animation of an ability, it would be great to make one that cast blunt arrow and sends a msg to the group.

Ken

Don't worry, that part I got covered :)
Is there a way to make a macro with the icon and cooldown animation of an ability, it would be great to make one that cast blunt arrow and sends a msg to the group.

/macroicon "Blunt Arrow"
/ac "Blunt Arrow" <t>
/wait
/p Silencing <t>, Blunt Arrow used.

Can someone help me figure out how to get through the tedium of leveling my LCR job? I have a PGL nearing 30 and I want to get my LCR to 15. I'm having difficulty finding the quests that would help me level her and since I don't have the personal story quests to help out, I'm sort of just bored collecting minor amounts of experience killing monsters. I'm about to log in and I'll see if the duty finder will change based on my current job.

I'm also having a hard time with inventory management, what with taking up Weaving, Leatherworking, Botany, Mining, Fishing, and Cooking. Is there a way to get more inventory slots?

Ken

Can someone help me figure out how to get through the tedium of leveling my LCR job? I have a PGL nearing 30 and I want to get my LCR to 15. I'm having difficulty finding the quests that would help me level her and since I don't have the personal story quests to help out, I'm sort of just bored collecting minor amounts of experience killing monsters. I'm about to log in and I'll see if the duty finder will change based on my current job.

I'm also having a hard time with inventory management, what with taking up Weaving, Leatherworking, Botany, Mining, Fishing, and Cooking. Is there a way to get more inventory slots?

Hunting logs, battle leves, guildhests, and a few FATEs should get you to 15 in no time.

http://eorzeareborn.com/map/

This map tells you what level leves are where.

IMBored

Can I do Levequests when my Lancer is below level 10?

There's plenty of leves below lv10, starting on grid or bannock in central shroud. Don't forget to do the hunting logs, challenge logs if there's any easy ones still available.

/macroicon "Blunt Arrow"
/ac "Blunt Arrow" <t>
/wait
/p Silencing <t>, Blunt Arrow used.

Thanks, although now people will notice even more when I screw up.

yeah, I seem to recall Level 5 levequests in the first phase. Best to check each main propriety inn
That should help tremendously! I also forgot about the Hunting Logs - this game throws a lot at you kinda quickly. I was a little baffled when I found out that there's a whole different currency for faction leves and to get my Chocobo.

IMBored

That should help tremendously! I also forgot about the Hunting Logs - this game throws a lot at you kinda quickly. I was a little baffled when I found out that there's a whole different currency for faction leves and to get my Chocobo.

Wait until you get the ultimate currency, tomes. There's two kinds to boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom