• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pretty much given up fighting in the game because of all the atma/myth/book grinding until they release a job I think is worth that time to spend on it. So now I'm all about levelling my crafting jobs.

Loving this game. Currently a level 33 SMN. The other night I stumbled across a level 50 fate when I was level 31. I didn't realize it was such a high level fate. I shot at something, and instantly died lol. Luckily someone revived me and I ran the hell away.

Also, this it was the first time I've seen the frame rate crawl on PS4:

i0veY2nTFGNWO.jpg

IMBored

Loving this game. Currently a level 33 SMN. The other night I stumbled across a level 50 fate when I was level 31. I didn't realize it was such a high level fate. I shot at something, and instantly died lol. Luckily someone revived me and I ran the hell away.

Lol, running blind into Odin.

Any use in running CT? Buying some myth and sol gear for T2 seems a lot better.

dramatis

If the enemy's name is Odin and you aren't level 50, you should probably run away...

T.O.P

Banned
Finally found a good FC on my server, had some dungeon runs wth 'em and we farmed our way to 49 through fates last night

I'm happy :D

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member

Haha, welcome to Odin!

I still don't think I've gotten through an Odin battle without dying.

Semper88

Lol, running blind into Odin.

Any use in running CT? Buying some myth and sol gear for T2 seems a lot better.

I totally skipped CT, done it once to compleet the quest line. I'm @ i85 on my warrior just by doing HM dungeons and the daily's for myth when i got i75 i went straight into coil 1 and 2.

I can't say that its the best way but CT does drop some books and gear so if based on luck CT can be faster IF you get the right stuff.

kaioshade

i0veY2nTFGNWO.jpg

Odin kills even most high end PCs, let alone PS4 systems.

Frazley

Hunting logs, battle leves, guildhests, and a few FATEs should get you to 15 in no time.

http://eorzeareborn.com/map/

This map tells you what level leves are where.

Thank you very much! This will be extremely helpful!

Oh wow, found a few game mechanics I am missing and a few minions I can get. I was holding off on those quests to allow my other characters to gain XP, but I will level up a new class and do them to make sure I get the minions and the game mechanics.

IvorB

I don't care about spoilers, but I had no idea Bahamut had been imprisoned.

I thought it was his lair and each turn was fighting closer to where he was sleeping.

If you leave the PS4 idling there is an EPIC cut scene that plays where you see Bahamut being imprisoned in a space prison. This cut scene is different from the opening movie and well worth seeing.

aceface

If you leave the PS4 idling there is an EPIC cut scene that plays where you see Bahamut being imprisoned in a space prison. This cut scene is different from the opening movie and well worth seeing.

Say what? Like idling on the title screen? Pretty sure I've only seen the opening movie again and again.

Skilletor

What? Really?

Is it online anywhere? That's crazy.

IvorB

Say what? Like idling on the title screen? Pretty sure I've only seen the opening movie again and again.

I was the same, dude. Then I left it on one time and came in to find this EPIC cut scene playing that's like ten minutes or something. It shows the Bahamut attack, him f**king everything up, getting imprisoned etc etc. Just leave it on the title screen for a few minutes and see. It's amazing.

It's actually the ending of 1.0. :p those characters that get teleported away at the end is supposed to be the Legacy players from 1.0.

I recorded the last hour and a half before the servers went down here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBoBbrbZmJY&list=PLD4EADD99676E8683&feature=share

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I might have missed or forgot but when do the crazy remnants of 1.0 (giant dragon bones, frozen sculpture, glowing orange sculpture) get explained? I'm at level 28 story-wise.

danthefan

Fate grinding at aleport in la noscea is your best option at that level range

Just on this - headed that direction and got the levels done fairly quickly so thanks for the tip, got from 12 to 15 in no time at all.

Opened up dungeons then so I'm away.

I quite enjoy tanking, it's more fun than healing I'm finding. PS4 users, is there some optimal way to cycle between targets? I find by using left and right buttons you sometimes target your party members which is not much use.

So I (Arya Hodor) finally beat Garuda EX last night. Used the party finder and beat it with them on second try. After 3 failed groups I was pretty excited. Everyone else in the group seemed relatively experience and I was definitely the newbie (and the only WHM with a SCH). But I was pretty happy, I kept everyone alive, pulled off some great saves and never died.

All that to say if anyone needs help with HM or EX primals. I'm happy to help. I know how hard it can be to get a party together for some of those, but I love them.

Today I learned that Cheshire Kat on Ultros server has bloody 779 million gil.

Out of curiosity, do you guys keep most of your money on your character or on your retainers?

I usually keep most of my money on my retainers.It doesn't really serve a purpose other than not seeing a ton of gil on me, or actually noticing gil increases while doing leves or dungeons.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Out of curiosity, do you guys keep most of your money on your character or on your retainers?

Yeah, that amount is crazy high for a non-legacy server.
I wonder if it is all legit.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area

i0veY2nTFGNWO.jpg
I actually recorded this and will upload it to YouTube tonight (dislike the FB upload). The framerate ACTUALLY doesn't crawl. The PS4 handles it just fine. What crawls is the network latency. You can see this because when I upload, my character casts her spells in 30+ fps (I am a horrible judge, but definitely full framerate). But there's a point when you see Odin move where HE is moving at like 10fps, even though the game itself is moving at 30+ fps. The other aspect to give the illusion of bad framerate is audio/visual cues from other player spells being cast. But much like how I just mentioned for Odin, again my client is definitely running at 30+ fps but it's the update from the network as well as PS4's audio simply not being able to handle that many simultaneous streams.

Anyway, I'll upload and link it... basically from my view, PS4 handled the fight beautifully even with 100+(?) players there. Where things stuttered and lagged was from the network updates. It made the fight chaotic and hectic.. but not at all unplayable. You'll see in the video when his ground target goes off, I love out of it perfectly 30+ fps... and everyone else kind of moves out at a lower "update rate" (I don't want to say frame rate because it's not as evidenced by my character's movement)

plake

Gil's mostly useless in this game anyway. You'll get hundreds of thousands in no time, especially at lv 50 - and especially as a tank or healer (with the DR/DF gil bonuses).

That is a lot of gil, though.

I'm nearing level 50, what do you guys do with your old gear? Do you give them to your grand company for seals?

That, selling and giving to my retainers.

IMBored

So I (Arya Hodor) finally beat Garuda EX last night. Used the party finder and beat it with them on second try. After 3 failed groups I was pretty excited. Everyone else in the group seemed relatively experience and I was definitely the newbie (and the only WHM with a SCH). But I was pretty happy, I kept everyone alive, pulled off some great saves and never died.

All that to say if anyone needs help with HM or EX primals. I'm happy to help. I know how hard it can be to get a party together for some of those, but I love them.

What? I was burned out after our failed try yesterday, gonna have to try again today.

Been readying up on T2, constant high voltages scare as a BRD, but allagan rot terrifies me. Is enrage THE goto strategy right now on df groups?

hank_tree

How do people get so much gil? I've never broken 100k, I usually am sitting at around 80k. Good lord.

If you complete your challenge log every week you should be getting a fair amount. Also send your retainers on Quick Exploration ventures and sell what they bring back. I get about 80k a week just doing those two things and whatever Gil I get doing my dailies and dungeons for my tomes etc.

What? I was burned out after our failed try yesterday, gonna have to try again today.

Been readying up on T2, constant high voltages scare as a BRD, but allagan rot terrifies me. Is enrage THE goto strategy right now on df groups?

Yah, I get fixated on something and don't give up. I'm incredibly stubborn. I knew that I knew the pattern well enough, so I thought I'd give it another go.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
At this point? I just discard them or keep stuff that I might want to use for vanity lol

pretty sure anything that is not easily obtainable or unobtainable is unable to be converted into materia, and have come across a number of pieces that are unsellable as well. Basically anything you want for vanity that you may not be able to (easily) get again you have to knowingly and willingly get rid of.

Skilletor

Here you go. Better to watch it on TV though...

Extended opening movie

I've seen this. Where does it show Bahamut being imprisoned? He breaks the spell that the mage dude tries to put him in, and then bahamut casts megaflare, even breaks mage dude's staff. After that, the mage guy sends the warriors of light or whatever to the future. I guess I'm missing something. How is bahamut imprisoned?

IMBored

I've seen this. Where does it show Bahamut being imprisoned? He breaks the spell that the mage dude tries to put him in, and then bahamut casts megaflare, even breaks mage dude's staff. After that, the mage guy sends the warriors of light or whatever to the future. I guess I'm missing something. How is bahamut imprisoned?

He's imprisoned inside the moon. You see it break free when the moon approaches the gound

Aeana

The most amazing thing to me here is the relatively empty inventory. (._. )

Enjolras

Neo Member
Got my second relic today (Thyrus to go along with Curtana), so that's something! Next one will probably be SCH/SMN - probably SCH due to having the gear for it already. There's something very compelling about levelling up all of the classes - so much that my PLD is still only sitting on ilvl76. :/

I actually recorded this and will upload it to YouTube tonight (dislike the FB upload). The framerate ACTUALLY doesn't crawl. The PS4 handles it just fine. What crawls is the network latency. You can see this because when I upload, my character casts her spells in 30+ fps (I am a horrible judge, but definitely full framerate). But there's a point when you see Odin move where HE is moving at like 10fps, even though the game itself is moving at 30+ fps. The other aspect to give the illusion of bad framerate is audio/visual cues from other player spells being cast. But much like how I just mentioned for Odin, again my client is definitely running at 30+ fps but it's the update from the network as well as PS4's audio simply not being able to handle that many simultaneous streams.

Anyway, I'll upload and link it... basically from my view, PS4 handled the fight beautifully even with 100+(?) players there. Where things stuttered and lagged was from the network updates. It made the fight chaotic and hectic.. but not at all unplayable. You'll see in the video when his ground target goes off, I love out of it perfectly 30+ fps... and everyone else kind of moves out at a lower "update rate" (I don't want to say frame rate because it's not as evidenced by my character's movement)

Well all I did was cast a spell, get killed, wait to be revived, and got the hell out of dodge. I can't imagine playing an extended fight like that though.

How is that even possible? That's well over two million a day. I call shenanigans...

I keep most on my character but a good amount on each retainer also.

IMBored

I know that he was in Dalamud, but I thought people were saying Bahamut was imprisoned a second time.

I'm totally confused now.

After what happened in the intro movie Bahamut disappeared.
Turns out he was imprisoned again in the crashed moon, the Binding Coils of Bahamut, that's the story arc of that dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom