• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilletor

After what happened in the intro movie Bahamut disappeared.
Turns out he was imprisoned again in the crashed moon, the Binding Coils of Bahamut, that's the story arc of that dungeons.

Okay, that's why I'm confused. I thought I was being told you could see him being imprisoned, for the second time, in the intro. lol. I was like, holy shit, WHO COULD DO IT?

I guess I'll see when I get to those dungeons. I made level 50 several months ago, but haven't had time to do anything since. :(

What? I was burned out after our failed try yesterday, gonna have to try again today.

Been readying up on T2, constant high voltages scare as a BRD, but allagan rot terrifies me. Is enrage THE goto strategy right now on df groups?

yeh i gave up on it after yesterday as well, ahhh well might try again later.... I done T2 on the duty finder earlier and we went with the enrage strat and it was pretty easy...

In order for me:

1. Save it for other classes you might level up that can wear it (if they can)
2. Retainers equipment
3. Trade it in for GC seals
4. Sell it.

thanks everybody for the suggestions, i'll probably submit my old class gear for company seals and keep the others for when I use alt classes

what is the macro command for swtiching crossbars on the PS4???

google aint helping.

AH HA!! figured it out

Code:
/crosshotbar change 2

I was putting a space between cross and hotbar.

Slime

Banned
Has anyone run into trouble downloading on PS4?

Whenever I seem to check on the status, it's no longer working. Crossed-out status bar and "Cannot download." message in notifications. The message I get when I click on the failed download from there is that it was a DNS error. However, that can't still be the issue since my internet is working fine, and I've tried resetting my router multiple times. I've also tried resetting my PS4 over and over, but the download just won't start up again.

It doesn't help that the only option PS4 gives you for downloads is to delete them. When downloads fail on PS3 they always seem to just resume automatically, or barring that, you can always usually just pause it and continue it. On PS4, my only recourse seems to be cancelling and starting over.

Any tips? I noticed there was a PS Blog post about FFXIV where they mentioned resetting the system if you run into any download problems, but that obviously isn't helping.

Jayhawk

That guy with 779 million gil may have been a server transfer from a legacy server. Even with the gil limit imposed on a transferred character, he could have transferred over multiple characters and/or used his gil on valuable items as assets to liquidate post-transfer. The biggest profit sales right now include selling clears, rare drops from retainer ventures and treasure hunting.

what is the macro command for swtiching crossbars on the PS4???

google aint helping.

/chotbar change #

orion434

Today I learned that Cheshire Kat on Ultros server has bloody 779 million gil.

Out of curiosity, do you guys keep most of your money on your character or on your retainers?

I've been seeing Cheshire advertising "MASTER CRAFTER" in the party finder. Made to order 3* Gear can be lucrative... 779 million Gil lucrative I doubt.

atma grinding got me like
xGtzFNR.gif

Yxqd1ti.gif

nmzvHJn.gif

IvorB

I've seen this. Where does it show Bahamut being imprisoned? He breaks the spell that the mage dude tries to put him in, and then bahamut casts megaflare, even breaks mage dude's staff. After that, the mage guy sends the warriors of light or whatever to the future. I guess I'm missing something. How is bahamut imprisoned?

Sorry, you're right. I only saw this once and I remembered him getting imprisoned. I forgot about him breaking out and snapping the dude's staff.

mid83

So how are people liking the PS4 verison with the DS4? I'm still getting used to using the the bars with the triggers but it seems like it works well at least at lower levels. The targeting is a little difficult. Hopefully I get used to it eventually.

How does it play at higher levels? Are people on PS3/4 playing with controllers or KB/M at higher levels/end game?

Amneisac

Is anyone on Ultros who could invite me to the LS? I was in at launch, but requested to be removed since I knew I wouldn't be able to play for a while.

I'm already registered on the guildwork site from launch. Name is Pablo Honey on guildwork and in game.

Thanks!

Sorry - disregard this! I submitted an application in game.

Just want to say I think I am in love with this game. I'm coming from Guild Wars 2 and the traditional style questing and trinity is a breath of fresh air. I'm only level 12 and a total noob but I'm having so much fun just leveling. The graphics are gorgeous and I'm playing on PlayStation 3. Just applied to the GAF guild as well. I got into Ultros server. Really excited for the end-game content as I've never raided or anything like that before.

Phlebas

Banned
So I have my Lvl 50 CNJ, ACN, BOT doing high lvl field explorations.

Have yet to receive anything of note, anyone get something really rare from them?

njean777

Quick question: Where can I store all my materials? I usually wait to level up all the crafting and other side activities until I am max level so I do not need the materials right now.

lordxar

My quick ventures have turned up some good stuff. Got a Darklight ring before I logged out. He also turned up a caster chest piece, earrings, and something else. So far I think the best item has been i70. Keep getting fish or kelp maybe a boat wheel every so often...

PikkonX

Anyone on Ultros getting a "2002" error after hitting "Start" from the main menu? Says, "The lobby server connection has encountered an error". Been trying for about 30 minutes...

Soi-Fong

Tried to run Wanderers Palace for the first time. Wiped a few times but made it to the end boss. I'm a WHM, but I really had trouble healing since his tanks health would just keep going down and down even though I was spamming cure III.

Maybe I need to increase item level. Currently at iLvl 45 right now.

Phlebas

Banned
Tried to run Wanderers Palace for the first time. Wiped a few times but made it to the end boss. I'm a WHM, but I really had trouble healing since his tanks health would just keep going down and down even though I was spamming cure III.

Cure III has lower potency than Cure II, you shouldn't be using Cure III on just a single target.

Are you using Divine Seal?

CLBridges

If the bold is correct, that's why the tanks health was falling. Cure 3 is a big AOE heal for the party. You'll want to focus on Cure 1 and use Cure 2 either if you need a big single target heal or if you get the Free-cure proc. Oh, and make sure you're using Divine Seal when that cooldown is available, it increases your healing potency.

Alfebit

Banned
Which one of you guys is Braithless Ly? I just ran into you in Gridania so I was able to apply to the GAF FC thanks to you. So thanks for that lol

Number45

I quite enjoy tanking, it's more fun than healing I'm finding. PS4 users, is there some optimal way to cycle between targets? I find by using left and right buttons you sometimes target your party members which is not much use.
I use left/right on the d-pad, which I personally prefer to the R2/L2 + L1/R1 combination. Make sure you change your target filters in the options so that you only target enemies when you have your weapon unsheathed. The only time I have issues here is if I turn the mobs to a direction where there are other mobs in the background but those are few and far between fortunately. :)

I'm nearing level 50, what do you guys do with your old gear? Do you give them to your grand company for seals?
You can give them to your GC? I've been stashing everything with 100% bond in my inventory in the hope that it will be useful when I level my first crafting class (or just to make some cash from).

danthefan

I use left/right on the d-pad, which I personally prefer to the R2/L2 + L1/R1 combination. Make sure you change your target filters in the options so that you only target enemies when you have your weapon unsheathed. The only time I have issues here is if I turn the mobs to a direction where there are other mobs in the background but those are few and far between fortunately. :)

I did not know that was an option, thank you. Will make a huge difference.

dabig2

PS4 players: what level is everyone at now?

I've got my SCH at 31 thus far.

Got lvl 20 in MRD,WAR, and LNC. Lvl 18 in MNK. Might level up archer to around the same levels, but I think I need to go ahead and do the main story. Haven't touched that in more than a week now. Life and school really got in the way of my playing time the past week! So I decided to just lvl up a bunch of War classes in my spare time hunting down Fates and monsters and a shit ton of levequests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom