• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Number45

Marauder is the most fun by a mile I'm finding.
And it only gets better. Although getting level sync'ed and losing my combos really throws me! >_<

Other than WAR at 47, the only other class I have is GLD at 15 (which I needed). Once I'm 50 I think I'll go either CNJ or ARC, although I suspect I'll have some fun with crafting first.

danthefan

And it only gets better. Although getting level sync'ed and losing my combos really throws me! >_<

Other than WAR at 47, the only other class I have is GLD at 15 (which I needed). Once I'm 50 I think I'll go either CNJ or ARC, although I suspect I'll have some fun with crafting first.

Sweet. I'd started off as a CNJ because I decided I wanted to be a healer but I think the tank is going to take over as my main char, before I get too invested in the WHM.

Flying through levels too through dungeons, and tanking them is way more interesting than healing them.

5 more levels until I reach Level 50 Pugilist/Monk. And it looks like I'll be heading back into a dungeon in Coerthas for a Maelstrom quest. I'll do that in the afternoon

T.O.P

Banned
PS4 players: what level is everyone at now?

I've got my SCH at 31 thus far.

White Mage 49

Expecting to hit 50 by tonight

It went much slower than i though, i couldn't farm fates in N. Thanalan because the place is still empty (wich forced me to go dungeons and staying in Coerthas for Fates)

Semper88

White Mage 49

Expecting to hit 50 by tonight

It went much slower than i though, i couldn't farm fates in N. Thanalan because the place is still empty (wich forced me to go dungeons and staying in Coerthas for Fates)

Dungeon crawling / main quest is the best way to lvl up, beats fates by far :)

IMBored

BRD 50, leveling lancer to 34 for bloodbath. Finally unlocked Levi and Gilgamesh so I can start doing atma, extreme primals and coil T2.
Also been leveling doh/dol classes, CRP at 35, BTN at 25, and the rest between 10-15.

Has there been any update on frontlines pvp? I read likely in 2.3 update we will see it. We're on 2.2 now? I also heard Yoshi was a hardcore DAoC player back in the day. Awesome if true.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Wow, so many of you guys are already at end-game. How is that even possible? I feel like I've been playing a shitload and I'm only at CNJ 20 / THM 26 / SCH 31.

Well, regardless, if anyone is interested in starting a static group in the next few weeks to tackle endgame content let me know. Ready to heal.

plake

lv 50 PLD iLv 91 ish. Lv 29 CNJ going WHM.

Been playing a few hours per day but it's easy when you know what to do with your time. My trial ran out yesterday so I feel like I've been using my time well, lol. Second job is much faster btw!

Number45

Wow, so many of you guys are already at end-game. How is that even possible? I feel like I've been playing a shitload and I'm only at CNJ 20 / THM 26 / SCH 31.

Well, regardless, if anyone is interested in starting a static group in the next few weeks to tackle endgame content let me know. Ready to heal.
There's your problem. Stick to your class/job!

I've exclusively been on my MRD/WAR, aside from having to get GLD to 15 (which an FC member helped with). I don't play all that much either, usually no more than a couple of hours a day (and less at weekends, unlike most).

T.O.P

Banned
Dungeon crawling / main quest is the best way to lvl up, beats fates by far :)

Ye, but i remember the infinite mob spawn from one of the fates in N.T. that got me about 40-50k exp of exp each time and i hoped i could exploit that shit again, then i got sad :(

Number45

It's crazy how quick dungeons nets you XP. I did a DR run of Stone Vigil and an FC run of Qarn last night and it took me from a little over half way through 45 to nearly three quarters of the way through 46. Helped in this case by the Maelstrom log challenges in Qarn I think.

Mostly though I'm just happy to plod on with the main scenario. This is the first MMO I think I've ever played when I haven't just succumbed to an all out race to max level. :)

jon bones

There's your problem. Stick to your class/job!

I've exclusively been on my MRD/WAR, aside from having to get GLD to 15 (which an FC member helped with). I don't play all that much either, usually no more than a couple of hours a day (and less at weekends, unlike most).

I needed Swiftcast! CNJ wasn't the best use of my time, though.

danthefan

It's crazy how quick dungeons nets you XP. I did a DR run of Stone Vigil and an FC run of Qarn last night and it took me from a little over half way through 45 to nearly three quarters of the way through 46. Helped in this case by the Maelstrom log challenges in Qarn I think.

Mostly though I'm just happy to plod on with the main scenario. This is the first MMO I think I've ever played when I haven't just succumbed to an all out race to max level. :)

I'm a much lower level but I think I was gaining two levels per dungeon last night, got from 16 to 22 in three runs or so. Aided by the odd log/challenge completion plus bonus XP, but yeah it's great.

Kssio_Aug

Im playing just with a Marauder (and got my Gladiator to 15). Reached 31 yesterday and already got my WAR.

Stick to the class youre enjoying the most. I am really happy playing as a Marauder/Warrior. I think I read somewhere that once you reach level 50 at your first class you get bonus exp while leveling up the others, not sure though.

jon bones

Im playing just with a Marauder (and got my Gladiator to 15). Reached 31 yesterday and already got my WAR.

Stick to the class youre enjoying the most. I am really happy playing as a Marauder/Warrior. I think I read somewhere that once you reach level 50 at your first class you get bonus exp while leveling up the others, not sure though.

Well now I've finally got a healer unlocked with the cross-class skill I need, so I'm good until endgame. I probably should have waited to get my THM up but all's well end's well.

Are you on Ultros? Let me know if you want to get some dungeon runs in.

Hystzen

Man never go for a piss after being downed during a dungeon. Came back down no idea been revived was locked out boss fight.

Cue 15 mins my character doing the harvest dance outside boss room while rest party fights boss

MogCakes

Man never go for a piss after being downed during a dungeon. Came back down no idea been revived was locked out boss fight.

Cue 15 mins my character doing the harvest dance outside boss room while rest party fights boss

Lesson learned eh? :p You probably should have notified them, though they may not have waited regardless. People can be fairly impatient.

dramatis

It doesn't take that long to get revived.

system11

I rolled a BRD, Ilvl 78 now, I need to do some lancer though for a cross-skill.

I have a question for people though, I'm trying to learn more about the class other than what I've picked up / asked people about so far, and sometimes my global cooldown delay seems to supercharge - instead of the roughly 2.5 or whatever sections it normally takes, the lines just start ripping around.

Is that some buff I'm being hit with, or a side effect of certain skill use, or ... ? Am I just imagining it? To clarify I don't mean the instant reset on Blood Letter from wind crit damage.

I have a question for people though, I'm trying to learn more about the class other than what I've picked up / asked people about so far, and sometimes my global cooldown delay seems to supercharge - instead of the roughly 2.5 or whatever sections it normally takes, the lines just start ripping around.

Is that some buff I'm being hit with, or a side effect of certain skill use, or ... ? Am I just imagining it? To clarify I don't mean the instant reset on Blood Letter from wind crit damage.
Are you using any macros? Getting slowed?

Hasney

The King Moogle fight has moments where the song speeds up and so do your cooldowns.

Other than that, I know some food can effect your skillspeed. Not sure what spells off the top of my head.

Kssio_Aug

Well now I've finally got a healer unlocked with the cross-class skill I need, so I'm good until endgame. I probably should have waited to get my THM up but all's well end's well.

Are you on Ultros? Let me know if you want to get some dungeon runs in.

Yup, Im there. Add me there: Kssio Aug
The only problem is that my time to play is very ubstable. Sometimes I can play a couple of hours at night, sometimes I cant, the same with my weekends. Also Im in GMT -03:00.

You get 50% bonus XP on Leves, FATEs and battle XP for any battle class that's lower than your most leveled class.
Thats it then! Thanks to clarify!

jon bones

Two noob questions:

If I'm in a dungeon and I pop swiftcast + ressurect, the player should get right back up right? Or is there still some delay?

Secondly, how does chat work in dungeons? I can see FC chat + my group as well... does that mean when I "Say" stuff both groups can read it?

Thanks!

Yup, Im there. Add me there: Kssio Aug
The only problem is that my time to play is very ubstable. Sometimes I can play a couple of hours at night, sometimes I cant, the same with my weekends. Also Im in GMT -03:00

word i'll add ya - i'm on weekdays after 5 pm or randomly on weekends. gmt -4 (nyc time.)

danthefan

Secondly, how does chat work in dungeons? I can see FC chat + my group as well... does that mean when I "Say" stuff both groups can read it?

Down in the bottom left corner there's an option for you to select who you're talking to, if it's set to FC you'll only be talking to your free company, if it's set to party you'll be talking to your party. You can read stuff from both though. And if you're in "say" you'll only be talking to your immediate local area.

aceface

Two noob questions:

If I'm in a dungeon and I pop swiftcast + ressurect, the player should get right back up right? Or is there still some delay?

Thanks!

word i'll add ya - i'm on weekdays after 5 pm or randomly on weekends. gmt -4 (nyc time.)

There's a couple of second delay on any raise. You'll see a little raise icon next to the player's name in the party list if they are in the process of being raised. As soon as their HP pops up, you can start healing them.

On chat, don't use say in dungeons..for say only people standing right next to you can hear it. Type /p <text> to talk to your party and /fc <text> to talk to the FC.

Phlebas

Banned
Two noob questions:

Thanks!

After they accept and a short delay they will pop back up, there's now a period of invulnerability.

"Say" works in a small area, so only your party would see it If you're in a dungeon.

jon bones

Down in the bottom left corner there's an option for you to select who you're talking to, if it's set to FC you'll only be talking to your free company, if it's set to party you'll be talking to your party. You can read stuff from both though. And if you're in "say" you'll only be talking to your immediate local area.

There's a couple of second delay on any raise. You'll see a little raise icon next to the player's name in the party list if they are in the process of being raised. As soon as their HP pops up, you can start healing them.

On chat, don't use say in dungeons..for say only people standing right next to you can hear it. Type /p <text> to talk to your party and /fc <text> to talk to the FC.

Thanks! My keyboard just got in today, lookin forward to talking about tacos or something.

OSHAN

For folks who enjoy tanking, do you find Paladin or Warrior more enjoyable? And I don't mean just end game stuff; I mean the journey to end game. I don't have a ton of time to play FFXIV, and since the PS4 launch, I have my Gladiator at 22, Conjuror at 15 (been thinking Paladin), and Carpenter and Botanist at 17.

Before I really start to dive into Gladiator, I wanted to get some feedback about both Paladin and Warrior. Thanks guys.

aceface

For folks who enjoy tanking, do you find Paladin or Warrior more enjoyable? And I don't mean just end game stuff; I mean the journey to end game. I don't have a ton of time to play FFXIV, and since the PS4 launch, I have my Gladiator at 22, Conjuror at 15 (been thinking Paladin), and Carpenter and Botanist at 17.

Before I really start to dive into Gladiator, I wanted to get some feedback about both Paladin and Warrior. Thanks guys.

You know the old saying

Once you go WAR, PLD is a bore.

IvorB

Man, I played the living sh*t out of this game over the long weekend and it's still not enough. I think this game has got me good.

lordxar

Got my WAR up to 50 and wanted some GLD abilities. I managed to hit 22 but holy crap the GLD sucks lol.

system11

Wow I'm a lvl 36 DRG and started playing since PS4 launch. How can you guys level that fast?

Every spare waking hour. Also - levequests, hunting logs, daily roulettes and picking up every side mission I could find. Spend a little money on equipment and grind the exp/gil to use and buy it, nothing fancy just enough so you're ahead of the curve on the mission reward items. Always take the money unless it's something really awesome. Good gear allows you to take on harder enemies and get away with it, making the most of exp boosts. Rest in cities, eat food every half an hour, you'll get plenty for free from the story/side missions. Ahead of time put some gil by for the stuff required for your relic weapon, some are quite expensive but by that point some side quests are throwing 2x2500 at you for fetching a box. When you get access to a chocobo mount and air travel, explore the world - uncovering the map gives more exp scaled by level.

I would have had some level 100+ gear by now if it wasn't for the weekly soldiery cap.

I have a recommendation for people in the GAF FC, you already have General/Battle/Event chat filter settings, on a PS4 press the touchpad to highlight that area of the UI and use L1/R1 to change which tab. What doesn't seem to be documented unless you go fishing however, is that you can add at least one extra filter - so I created one which is a copy of general with Free Company chat turned off (along with a few other bits). Then when I'm in a party I need to pay attention to, I just switch which filter is in use.

Finally got time to play it on PS4 last night. Still getting my lancer adjusted to playing on a controller but it seems easy enough. Only real thing that seems out of wack is targeting, usually doesn't like to select the nearest enemy.

Other than that, it looks and runs fantastic. I do have a question though: My Lancer is 23 (Maur 15) and I'm not quite sure where to go to grind out in the 20's. I've taken a few level 17 quests in New Thanalaan I believe. Is there a leveling guide that's up to date?

I also read something about Grand Companies, what level does this happen at?

OSHAN

Got my WAR up to 50 and wanted some GLD abilities. I managed to hit 22 but holy crap the GLD sucks lol.

aceface said:
You know the old saying

Once you go WAR, PLD is a bore.

What do you guys like about Warrior more? Isn't much to Gladiator just Shield lob, couple flashes, attack, repeat. That's basically what I've been doing. What's different about Maurader/Warrior?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom