• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vishnu

You can't register the game twice on the same platform. Try to return it (they probably won't accept) or sell to someone else.

Your only options are to buy the CE upgrade for $20 in the mogstation, or buy a PC/PS3 CE.

Well that sucks, SE wont let me buy the game twice? =(
Ill probably keep the CE, it looks amazing, and upgrade digitally then.
Thanks.

jiggle

So bored
I wish DF has a box for learning/practice runs
PF seems pretty useless for that
Certainly won't miss the endless tomes farm when subscription ends
But I kinda want to stay just to see all the shit retainers bring back...

Allard

I dunno, they haven't really talked much about stuff past 2.3 and 2.35, have they? I'm expecting announcement of the expansion pack not long after 2.3, probably released this fall.

Recent event in Japan seems to hint an expansion might be announced at E3 alongside a new public trailer for 2.3. As for stuff past 2.3 they have talked about some features they 'wanted' to add but its unknown if they have been pushed back to an expansion or not. The only thing we know about 2.4 is we will likely get the conclusion for the Binding Coil and maybe the final 'elemental' primal fight with Shiva since Ramuh is coming in 2.3 it sounds like. We also know Crystal Tower raid will potentially continue on in to the first expansion but 2.5 could still be that next tier of the raid or even potentially 3.0 (Furthering hinting at a faster approaching expansion announcement) they also said they want to make sure the expansion at least has as much content as what 2.0 version of the game launched with if not more.

Submit the application. Will not be abble to connect to the game until tomorrow.

This is my first MMORPG but I'm an enjoying it a lot. Dunno if it is wise to have other character (my currently primary character is in other server outside Ultros ) but I enjoy doing the starter story missions of the city states.

PARANO1A

I have a summoner at 32 after a week or so of play. Found this thread after starting, so on Phoenix, not Ultros.

I'm loving it. Most addicting game since Diablo 3 on console for me. There's generally something interesting just around every corner that makes me want to play and play.

Oh and I'm finding it quite fiddly on a controller. Still haven't found my config sweet spot just yet.

Ken

First dungeon soon. As an acn, should I just be doing

maisma > bio > ruin each encounter? With the occasional physick?

don't bother using physick; that's what the healer is for!

also make sure you use the BLUE carbuncle and not the YELLOW one.

Tirod

Been having a lot of fun since I've picked this up again. Went ahead and put in an application on the guildworks website too since I'll be playing long term.

Not sure if it's because I'm playing on better hardware or if things have gotten better since the launch of the game back in August/September but I've had no lag so far which is awesome!

Decided to start the game over with Archer (I had a Paladin at 45 previously) and been having a lot of fun. Freedom of movement and instant attacks are so good.

Phlebas

Banned
I remember at launch when tanks were complaining about not being able to gain emnity over Topaz and crying for a nerf.

Good times

suzu

First dungeon soon. As an acn, should I just be doing

maisma > bio > ruin each encounter? With the occasional physick?

Put up all your dots (Bio, Miasma, etc), then spam Ruin until you need to refresh the dots again. Use Emerald Carbuncle because it does more damage than Topaz Carbuncle.

Make sure you watch where your pet is (sometimes it may run off and aggro other mobs) and use Heel when appropriate.

BlackJace

don't bother using physick; that's what the healer is for!

also make sure you use the BLUE carbuncle and not the YELLOW one.

You could heal the healer if his health is low. But other than that use the blue summon and focus on dps

Put up all your dots (Bio, Miasma, etc), then spam Ruin until you need to refresh the dots again. Use Emerald Carbuncle because it does more damage than Topaz Carbuncle.

Make sure you watch where your pet is (sometimes it may run off and aggro other mobs) and use Heel when appropriate.

Alright thanks, guys.

Griss

Just hit 38. Done for the night.

Finding that for the last 8 levels the main story has repeatedly been locked behind level gates for me, which is very annoying. When I hit level 37, I decided to level up entirely without doing main quests. So I do that, and lo and behold 2 quests later I would have hit the lvl 38 gate anyway.

I've done every dungeon, do roulette once a day, have done all the guildhests and tons of leves. I try every FATE I come across, but so many are abandoned so it's not worth it. I'm just really into the main quest at the moment and it's frustrating that the game is giving me a bit of a runaround. I thought the purpose of the main quest was to smoothly lead you through your first character all the way to lvl50.

Still enjoying it though. I'm determined to
avenge Noraxia.
Funny how much that part got to me, I love
those freaky little things. If it had been Tataru I would have really freaked out.

Edit: I'm also a lvl 25 weaver, and about lvl 15 in all the gathering profressions. Are the side classes worthwhile at all or should I just give up on them?

King_Moc

Banned
Fishing for hq silver sovereigns for two hours using jack o lanterns for increased perception. No bites at all. Food runs out, two catches in 5 minutes.

RNJesus is drunk.

mid83

Submitted an app in game (after applying and having my app accepted on the site). I looked a few hours later and noticed the info tab for the FC shows recruiting is temporarily closed. Is the FC full for now?

Ok. I'm at my wits end. I get serious random bouts of lag when I'm in a dungeon via Duty Finder. Players will freeze in place for 5-10 seconds and I'll be unable to cast.

I tried opening ports for FF14 in the router.
I tried bypassing the router entirely and played on the PC. Same problem.
Tried playing on the PS4. Same problem.

Is there a known issue with instance servers having random lag bouts? I play on the Primal Datacenter and on the Exodus server.

Having tanked some of the lower level dungeons, I now understand why tanks struggle with keeping up the hate so much. Playing MRD and while I can generate enmity just fine with Overpower and Flash, it can be tough to keep it up especially when you work with some dps happy archers and you run out of tp quickly. I suppose I'll just have to keep at it. I am enjoying tanking a bit more than I thought, maybe not enough to do endgame but maybe help lower level FC members if they need a tank.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hit i100 today~

j0EL7rM.jpg

Teknoman

Ok. I'm at my wits end. I get serious random bouts of lag when I'm in a dungeon via Duty Finder. Players will freeze in place for 5-10 seconds and I'll be unable to cast.

I tried opening ports for FF14 in the router.
I tried bypassing the router entirely and played on the PC. Same problem.
Tried playing on the PS4. Same problem.

Is there a known issue with instance servers having random lag bouts? I play on the Primal Datacenter and on the Exodus server.

I've seen some lag spots here and there recently on Ultros in dungeons. Freezes like what you described and then everyone pops back into movement, but not that often.

I've seen some lag spots here and there recently on Ultros in dungeons. Freezes like what you described and then everyone pops back into movement, but not that often.

I'm currently getting that 2-3 times per dungeon run. Very frustrating. Just got off the phone with my ISP. No packet loss detected. 115mb down. 35mb up.

Ugh.

Sorian

Banned
I'm currently getting that 2-3 times per dungeon run. Very frustrating. Just got off the phone with my ISP. No packet loss detected. 115mb down. 35mb up.

Ugh.

There has been a reocurring issue with this since 2.2 launched. I believe it has to do with current server load and I thought it was mostly fixed (and it kind of was, there was a good 2-3 days where 4-man instances were just unplayable unless you knew what to do before it even happened). I didn't notice anything yesterday or the day before myself but I haven't been on today at all and the issue as always felt kind of random from the different complaints.

suzu

I wish the dps knew how to follow numbers in dungeons. Why won't they follow the tank's lead?

yeah, I've been leveling a warrior lately and a lot of these new dps just plain ignore the numbers.

Also we had a newbie archer that waited for LB2 and used it on last boss in Brayflox normal.. and everybody was already full hp. Whole group was speechless. haha.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
There has been a reocurring issue with this since 2.2 launched. I believe it has to do with current server load and I thought it was mostly fixed (and it kind of was, there was a good 2-3 days where 4-man instances were just unplayable unless you knew what to do before it even happened). I didn't notice anything yesterday or the day before myself but I haven't been on today at all and the issue as always felt kind of random from the different complaints.

So glad to hear it's been happening to other people as well. It's been driving me crazy since the new patch. Hopefully it's worked out soon.

Slime

Banned
Man, just trying to get started on this game has been the least fun ever. :( Spent the entirety of the last few days just trying to download it, and now that I finally have, the server I want to join is locked.

Why oh why did I spend $100 on that collector's edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom