• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

aceface

I've only done that instance twice since coming back and agree, I duno what the big deal is, I guess a lot of healers are lazy and don't like dispelling though.

The thing is, dispelling won't get that debuff off in the siren fight, you have to heal the person back to full health to get it off. It's an odd mechanic I'm not sure if you see in any other fights.

WolvenOne

Can't believe it's been 4 month since beating Twintania. Excited to see how hard the new turns are.

Really hope I can get down Twin before they apply the Echo nerf in a few weeks. It being on DF should help a little, since I'll be able set up learning groups almost immediately.

Guess it isn't the end of the world if I can't beat the nerf though. :p

Schuhu

Neo Member
I was asked to tank for coil t1-4 and we cleared it all without dying once but noone wanted to even try t5, instead they we went farming garuda ex.

Oh well, at least I got 4 pieces out of coil this time because they all got their stuff from it already

WolvenOne

acceptance

Heh, I'm certain I could manage it, but I haven't really had a steady group to practice it with, and two weeks isn't much time to learn everything from the end of conflags to the rest of the fight. It's doable, but I'd need to spend a lot more time there then I have.

And, considering all the other content that will be vying for my attention. Well, I'll be lucky if I can get a good practice session in every other day.

EDIT: mind you, if I can eventually one shot the fight I think the Echo nerf can be avoided entirely. I'm not sure there will be much reason to re-run it though, mind you.

WolvenOne

I was asked to tank for coil t1-4 and we cleared it all without dying once but noone wanted to even try t5, instead they we went farming garuda ex.

Oh well, at least I got 4 pieces out of coil this time because they all got their stuff from it already

That's quite the accomplishment. T4 especially can be a bit of a headache. In my experience you either get it in the first or second try, or you spend ages spinning your wheels uselessly.

I mean, it's a real group dynamic check, so little things can completely derail the fight.

Edit: as an example, DPS going after adds in an order other than what was discussed Tanks burning TP and MP too hard early in the fight. Healers standing in the wrong spots for feeds. Tanks deciding to tank dreads in the center without telling the rest of the group.

Stuff like that.

aceface

Heh, I'm certain I could manage it, but I haven't really had a steady group to practice it with, and two weeks isn't much time to learn everything from the end of conflags to the rest of the fight. It's doable, but I'd need to spend a lot more time there then I have.

And, considering all the other content that will be vying for my attention. Well, I'll be lucky if I can get a good practice session in every other day.

EDIT: mind you, if I can eventually one shot the fight I think the Echo nerf can be avoided entirely. I'm not sure there will be much reason to re-run it though, mind you.

You know the echo is optional right? You can click it off.

Sorian

Banned
Players just standing in the middle during Siren's rush tackle is a problem too. I mean, that's the ONE sure fire place you will be hit by that attack.

Middle is the better place to be because being hit by a rush is much better than getting the ticker for the charm debuff. I do admit, it is hard on the healers because even when you see exactly where she is when she lands, you need to be moving out of the way immediately.

Stuart444

So in preparation for tomorrow, the last day before the maint and patch.

Any advice for pugging T4? (for WHMs and DRGs) I know some groups tend to do it differently so just trying to be prepared. Going to pug T4 as much as I have to tomorrow for a win so I'll get lots of practice anyway.

(I have made it to phase 6 before so I at least know all the phases)

On a related note: What are people aiming to do tomorrow before the patch? Trying to down stuff you haven't downed or just capping myth/philo?

Isaccard

I ran a quick CT and rolled on the first thing that dropped before the patch. After the patch you can need/greed on everything in a single run.

Maximize dat vanity loot aw yess

Sorian

Banned
Philo is capped, not worried about hitting the 450 before wednesday on myth but I probably will. Then hoping that the patch gives me some sweet mats to buy with myth that people are willing to spend lots of gil on.

Ken

Philo is capped, not worried about hitting the 450 before wednesday on myth but I probably will. Then hoping that the patch gives me some sweet mats to buy with myth that people are willing to spend lots of gil on.

ahahahaha

pic unrelated

ibwXUMkHdUevti.png

Teknoman

Regardless of what people say about CT, im still gonna run it in hopes of snagging a tank body, and of course vanity stuff for monk.

Also maybe we should stop calling it CT since its not even inside the tower?

EDIT: I'm probably going to be "sleeping" in order to snag more bonus exp. Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls hits tomorrow, so after I pick that up, probably going to be on that for the next 3 days or so.

Stuart444

I ended up with 310 myth today somehow... I also have about 1500 philo so I will defo cap tomorrow. Roulettes + 1 or 2 CT runs should do it.

Dunan

Look what arrived in my mailbox, a day early!

13397874415_519dd400f0.jpg

Edit: And the liner notes contain lyrics! After stiffing us on them with the FF Type-0 soundtrack (and saying "too bad" when I e-mailed SE asking about them), this time they've included some of them. Titan, King Mog, Thunderer (2 lines), Dawn of an Era (same), Maker's Ruin, and Fallen Angel too. I think there were more vocal pieces than this, but for now, no complaints!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer

Edit: And the liner notes contain lyrics! After stiffing us on them with the FF Type-0 soundtrack (and saying "too bad" when I e-mailed SE asking about them), this time they've included some of them. Titan, King Mog, Thunderer (2 lines), Dawn of an Era (same), Maker's Ruin, and Fallen Angel too. I think there were more vocal pieces than this, but for now, no complaints!

Mine should be here tomorrow morning apparently.

Dunan

O cruel fate: my Mac won't play this Bluray disc. The PS3 will, but now it's oging to take some finagling to get this music over to my phone.

Mine should be here tomorrow morning apparently.

Don't you live in the US? I live in Japan (as you can guess from the amazon.co.jp shipping label), and mine is the Japanese disc, with liner notes almost entirely in Japanese. Is it a worldwide simultaneous release?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
O cruel fate: my Mac won't play this Bluray disc. The PS3 will, but now it's oging to take some finagling to get this music over to my phone.

Don't you live in the US? I live in Japan (as you can guess from the amazon.co.jp shipping label), and mine is the Japanese disc, with liner notes almost entirely in Japanese. Is it a worldwide simultaneous release?

I live in the US but I ordered from CD Japan so it's a Japanese copy - they just ship out early most of the time.

chrono01

Ugh, I'm jealous!

I ordered from CDJapan, as well, and they shipped my copy on the 23rd [EMS]. Given past experiences, I should receive it in the next day or two. Sure, I could have went with SAL Small Packet...but I didn't want to wait for that.

As for transferring the music over, don't worry. If it's anything like the Before Meteor OST [which I've read it is], in the options menu for the Blu-ray there's a URL that you can enter on your PC which allows you to download MP3 versions of the entire thing. 320kb/s quality, too.

Dunan

As for transferring the music over, don't worry. If it's anything like the Before Meteor OST [which I've read it is], in the options menu for the Blu-ray there's a URL that you can enter on your PC which allows you to download MP3 versions of the entire thing. 320kb/s quality, too.

I must be missing something, because the PS3 is giving me a "local" URL (192.168.x.x) and when I try to load that address in my PS3's browser, it gives me an error message. The Mac, which is connected to the same router as the PS3 and should be able to "see" it, can't load this address either.

Listening to it on the PS3 is OK for now -- each track brings up some beautiful artwork from the location where the song is played, some in-game, some development art -- but eventually I'm going to want to listen to this a little more easily.

chrono01

I must be missing something, because the PS3 is giving me a "local" URL (192.168.x.x) and when I try to load that address in my PS3's browser, it gives me an error message. The Mac, which is connected to the same router as the PS3 and should be able to "see" it, can't load this address either.

Listening to it on the PS3 is OK for now -- each track brings up some beautiful artwork from the location where the song is played, some in-game, some development art -- but eventually I'm going to want to listen to this a little more easily.
That's the URL you find under the options menu of the Blu-ray, right? If so, that should be the URL you enter on your PC and, it should, give you the option to download the songs to your PC. I'm not sure why it's not working for you, perhaps the link isn't "live" yet? I mean, the album was just released today.

It should work, though. The listing for the OST even states that you can download MP3 versions of the songs.

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SQEX-20016

(※Blu-rayのスペックを最大限に引き出したスペシャル仕様) さらに携帯プレイヤーへの転送が可能なmp3ファイルも320kbbsでリマスタリングを施し、徹底的に音楽クオリティに拘った作品。

Eccocid

yay i finally reached to level 50 with bard!
I am so happy that i dont have to do those boring fetch quests again for exp!

Funny thing is this is a mmorpg and i still dont have a FC :( I played form level 1 to 50 all alone :(

Dunan

That's the URL you find under the options menu of the Blu-ray, right? If so, that should be the URL you enter on your PC and, it should, give you the option to download the songs to your PC. I'm not sure why it's not working for you, perhaps the link isn't "live" yet? I mean, the album was just released today.

Yeah, the official release date is tomorrow so maybe they're just not ready yet. What's confusing is that the URL that they give, being a local address, could be construed as them wanting your PC to read the stuff off the device that the blu-ray is in. While my ideal is to rip them through iTunes, I'd be happy to download them from SE even if it takes some time.

90k's out the wazoo...I forsee issues in Coil later today.

Maybe I have horrible luck but this level 35 FSH quest is stupid. I've gone through so many fish, lots of HQ ones at that and I have yet to see a single Desert Catfish. 100 bait used later, not a single one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom