• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! :)

I'm thinking of starting FFXIV in the next week or so, but I'd really like some friends and stuff before I start playing, so I thought I'd say hi :).

Jayhawk

If any tank on Ultros is looking for a progression group (starting with T5 and extreme primals), please contact me in-game (Natasha Jayhawk). The group is just missing a tank, since one tank we thought was part of the group has not logged on for days and has not been responding to PMs here.

I am loving this game so far. Graphics are beautiful, mechanics are fun, and I love how easy it is to find groups. I'm going to submit an app for the neogaf guild :)

Sophia

Questions on Turn 6 for Summoners. How do you guys/girls handle your pet on it? The summoner in our group is having issues with it, so I thought I'd ask to see if anyone has any insights.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Learning Turn 9 is pretty fun, even when we wipe. It's like they took every mechanic from previous boss fights in the game and put them in once instance.

Aeana

Learning Turn 9 is pretty fun, even when we wipe. It's like they took every mechanic from previous boss fights in the game and put them in once instance.

Almost seems like too much at times. I'm sure it'll feel really good to finally win.

Ken

Diablos doesn't have a massive tower that drops in the center of the arena and pushes you to your death.

They both have Lunar Dynamos (Ultimate Terror) and Novas (Graviball). But then I guess the original Nael might have had those too so maybe Diabolos is the stripped down clone.

idunno i'm just bored

Enthus

So I'm re watching the behind the scenes from the collectors edition of the original 2010 release. All these messages about how they hope this is a game players will enjoy for 5-10 years and how they have strived to make the best mmo experience for the players. lol

Also, they show a damn musketeer when talking about the armory system. Hop on it, SE, it's been 4 years.

Noi

After spending weeks trying to clear this with my FC...

BnKqaiNIUAA4O0U.jpg:large

God, this feels like such a weight (HEH) off our shoulders. It's gonna be so nice fighting something that isn't this fucker for once.

XenoRaven

Rhetorical question.

Is spending 12 hours on T7 in order to kill the Prosector one time and then immediately wipe good progress?

Someone shoot me.

dcye

Rhetorical question.

Is spending 12 hours on T7 in order to kill the Prosector one time and then immediately wipe good progress?

Someone shoot me.

If it makes you feel any better we spent 3 hours in there and only got the first Lamia add down once. Its the little victories that count I guess.

EDIT: Unless they are the prosecutors. Then it probably doesn't. I can't remember.

Ken

If it makes you feel any better we spent 3 hours in there and only got the first Lamia add down once. Its the little victories that count I guess.

on the bright side that's probably the toughest part of the fight outside of humans being humans

Alucrid

Banned

EDIT: Unless they are the prosecutors. Then it probably doesn't. I can't remember.

Prosecutor is the final add.

DJIzana

After spending weeks trying to clear this with my FC...

BnKqaiNIUAA4O0U.jpg:large

God, this feels like such a weight (HEH) off our shoulders. It's gonna be so nice fighting something that isn't this fucker for once.

Now you'll only hit the wall of doing Turn 5. At least... that's the wall I'm stuck at. :p

yaffi

How often does the duty roulette daily bonus reset. (Yes, "daily", well done smartarse!) As in, I entered a duty at 23.50 on Thursday, beat it at 00.15 on Friday. Is that Friday's bonus used up now? Does it run off GMT for EU servers? Is it a straight 24 hour wait after your own last bonus?

Pretty trivial, but I want to know whether it's worth signing up for another one tonight. The exp you get from the bonus is amazing.

Daily resets (DR etc.) occur every day, 15:00 (GMT).

Weekly resets on Tomestones of Soldiery, Binding Coil 2, Challenge Log etc. occur on Tuesday, 8:00 (GMT) since 2.2.

Hasney

How often does the duty roulette daily bonus reset. (Yes, "daily", well done smartarse!) As in, I entered a duty at 23.50 on Thursday, beat it at 00.15 on Friday. Is that Friday's bonus used up now? Does it run off GMT for EU servers? Is it a straight 24 hour wait after your own last bonus?

Pretty trivial, but I want to know whether it's worth signing up for another one tonight. The exp you get from the bonus is amazing.

You'll be able to tell if you can get another bonus. If say "bonus already recieved" or something in the roulettes description.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
They both have Lunar Dynamos (Ultimate Terror) and Novas (Graviball). But then I guess the original Nael might have had those too so maybe Diabolos is the stripped down clone.

idunno i'm just bored

Lunar Dynamo is a similar move Nael did in 1.0.

Man, why is this game always in maintenance so much??? I work all damn day, and get home at night to play and the game is in maintenance. Every week, it's in maintenance.

For you career tanks out there, which dungeons did you find the most difficult to tank? I know Bray can be fun and Stone Vigil is fun for absolutely no one.

Guess I need to hit up some dungeon guides now, tanking these dungeons has taught me how little I knew about them.

Windtrick

For you career tanks out there, which dungeons did you find the most difficult to tank? I know Bray can be fun and Stone Vigil is fun for absolutely no one.

Guess I need to hit up some dungeon guides now, tanking these dungeons has taught me how little I knew about them.

The specific nightmare pull in Stone Vigil: the two Dragon Aeries and two Ice Sprites. It's small wonder the room is constantly skipped even though there's a valuable ingot.

Reubeucent

Neo Member

None. Seriously none.

Tanking isn't difficult, moving out of stuff isn't difficult, getting hit for a lot of damage because of the arbitrary damage(SV) isn't difficult and I had 38-40 HQ gear I made for myself and STILL got hit for a lot. Same with Bray. All I need to do is keep hate, move out of stuff, and not be an idiot. I've been playing since the game came out(2.0, not 1.0) and most of the dungeons were made annoying, but not difficult by stupid DPS players.

It's like these people that ask which Extreme is the hardest... None of them are difficult, especially Titan since his rotation never changes. I haven't done Moggle Mog EX yet, so I can't comment there, or even gotten past T5, so I guess that would make me bad.

Enjolras

Neo Member

There's been a few for different reasons that I have loathed tanking:

- Halatali - mainly due to the amount of level synced DPS who just want to get through it for hunting logs who run ahead and pull everything without waiting for you. If I get a sensible run, I do enjoy it - it's just the disproportionate impatient DPS.

- Qarn - mostly due to the second boss who attacks pretty much everyone except from you even at full aggro, leaving you feeling awfully inadequate.

- Stone Vigil - there's nothing fun about it.

- Aurum Vale - see above.

YMMV, though. I'm currently levelling up MRD/WAR to see if it's a PLD thing, or if these dungeons are just universally not much fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom