• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A

Banned
Live Letter XIV:

The date has been set for the fourteenth installment of the Letter from the Producer LIVE! During the live stream, Producer & Director Yoshi-P will answer questions from fans across the globe. Scheduled to be held in Nagoya, Japan, this will be the first half of a two-part special previewing the new adventures to come in patch 2.3!
Date & Time
May 24, 2014 from 11:00 (GMT)

Themes
Patch 2.3 Preview
Come face-to-face with Ramuh, the Lord of Levin and stern arbiter of the forest worshipped by the sylphs.

Get a glimpse of Hullbreaker Isle, the newest dungeon to challenge the adventurers of Eorzea, and return to the Tam-Tara Deepcroft and the Stone Vigil in hard mode encounters.

Learn about new systems such as Daily Hunts.

Lead Designer Takeo Suzuki will also make an appearance to field graphic and art-related questions from gear, enemies, emotes, to hair styles and more.

URL
YouTube Live
Niconico Live
Twitch (http://sqex.to/htj)

* Please note that the audio will be available in Japanese only.
* For viewing on smartphones, iOS 5 or later is recommended.
* URLs for YouTube Live and Niconico will be posted as soon as they become available.

How to Submit Questions
Prior to the live stream, questions will be accepted in the designated thread on the official forum. It is also possible to ask questions during the live stream. To do so, please follow the official FFXIV Twitter account (@FF_XIV_EN) and send tweets containing the "XIVLive" hash tag.

Official Forum Questions Thread:http://sqex.to/B7g
Official FFXIV Twitter Feed:https://twitter.com/FF_XIV_EN

Themes
Continuation of the Saga of the Zodiac (scheduled for patch 2.28)
Ramuh, the Lord of Levin
New Dungeons
Hullbreaker Isle
Tam-Tara Deepcroft (Hard)
Stone Vigil (Hard)
Item Desynthesis
A new feature allowing players to break down unwanted items to reclaim crafting materials.
Daily Hunts
Questions for Lead Designer Takeo Suzuki

Questions will be forwarded to Naoki Yoshida who will attempt to field as many questions as possible, to the best of his ability.
Those of you who are unavailable to view the live broadcast, never fear! All the questions and answers will be posted on the official Twitter account in real time. Furthermore, a Q&A summary will be released via the official forums shortly thereafter.

Sophia

I hope Ramuh is better handled than Leviathan was. Having a really absurdly easy story version and a gated extreme mode version did not do well for longevity.

Item Desynthesis sounds pretty cool, especially if it's something anyone can use.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I hope Ramuh is better handled than Leviathan was. Having a really absurdly easy story version and a gated extreme mode version did not do well for longevity.

Item Desynthesis sounds pretty cool, especially if it's something anyone can use.

But Leviathan Extreme is easier than Titan Extreme...

Sophia

But Leviathan Extreme is easier than Titan Extreme...

That's what I mean. Having extreme mode require the previous three primals was an incredibly poor choice. Especially considering Leviathan's difficulty in contrast to Titan.

Mind you, I also think it was stupid that Leviathan Hard/Story mode was basically on par with the normal mode versions of Primals. :\

Will he summon Lightning?

For you career tanks out there, which dungeons did you find the most difficult to tank? I know Bray can be fun and Stone Vigil is fun for absolutely no one.

I'd probably say AV. The first room has the potential for pure anarchy if you don't pull the right mobs first. I feel like they might've nerfed the last boss though so it isn't as bad as it used to be.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
There's 2 parts of the live letter?

From 2.3? I tough it was just 2.8 that was assumed a no go. Honestly I just want PH because I'm holding on a lot of furniture to sell if the prices spike. Tonberry couch and wave soul fountain should fetch a nice price.

Yes, part 2 will air on a later date.

Kssio_Aug

If low iLevel retainers will finish the ventures anyway, is there any reason to gear them up? I mean... At least a bigger chance for bringing better items, or will it be just the same?

IMBored

If low iLevel retainers will finish the ventures anyway, is there any reason to gear them up? I mean... At least a bigger chance for bringing better items, or wi it be just the same?

Low level field exploration ventures don't have the same loot as high level ones, there's actually some items exclusive to high lv exploration ventures. Not sure about quick ventures.

Kssio_Aug

Low level field exploration ventures don't have the same loot as high level ones, there's actually some items exclusive to high lv exploration ventures. Not sure about quick ventures.

I dont mean the level of the venture itself. I mean... Lets say I have a level 30 retainer with level 5 gear, doing level 30 venture. From what someone at FC told me yesterday he would finish the venture anyway (even with ilevel 5). But the drop chances are the same if this same retainer was geared with ilevel 30 gear?

jiggle

If low iLevel retainers will finish the ventures anyway, is there any reason to gear them up? I mean... At least a bigger chance for bringing better items, or will it be just the same?
You can get a minion/taffeta/lightsteel only through lv50 field exploration
Which requires ilv70+ retainer

I don't think the retainer can even set out on a particular venture if it doesn't meet the ilv requirement

IMBored

I dont mean the level of the venture itself. I mean... Lets say I have a level 30 retainer with level 5 gear, doing level 30 venture. From what someone at FC told me yesterday he would finish the venture anyway (even with ilevel 5). But the drop chances are the same if this same retainer was geared with ilevel 30 gear?

I think as long as the retainer as the minimum requirements for the venture are met, the changes are the same, but I'm not sure.

IvorB

lol I had to look up the origination of the term. apparently it stands for "Programmed Random OCcurrence". Basically anytime "whenever you do A, B has a chance of happening", when B happens it's called "proc/proccing". So for WHM, Freecure (trait that makes my next Cure II free) has a chance to popup (proc) every time I cast Cure I.

Does this mean that I should hear a sound when my thundercloud is ready? It has a chance to occur ever tick of the thunder spell. Right now I am relying on visual on the icon to see it but I worry that I am missing it in heated encounters. Right now I don't think it makes a sound.

jiggle

Lv 30 wearing ilv5 gear simply cannot set out on lv30 field exploration becuz there's a ilv20 requirement

Kssio_Aug

I think as long as the retainer as the minimum requirements for the venture are met, the changes are the same, but I'm not sure.

Ok then! :)
I did only 2 ventures anyway, I guess the higher level ventures may ask for some gear as requirement then. Thats good! Thankyou!

Lv 30 wearing ilv5 gear simply cannot set out on lv30 field exploration becuz there's a ilv20 requirement

Thats it then! Makes sense now! Thankyou! :)

Hystzen

Do you get tag team primals later because if not that shit should be added. Heck just add a gauntlet mode where fight each primal one after another

Ken

that feel when you forget your OTP device in the car and are too lazy to go get it and do expert DR before reset

This might sound strange but has anyone got any decent guides for setting up cross hotbars for WAR/PLD and also how to play them with skill rotations? I got all my classes to level 50 in 1.0 before jobs were introduced so I have just been playing WHM in ARR which is now fully geared up so I fancy trying my hand at tanking but don't want to jump into it without a good idea of what I should be using and not using.

Ken

This might sound strange but has anyone got any decent guides for setting up cross hotbars for WAR/PLD and also how to play them with skill rotations? I got all my classes to level 50 in 1.0 before jobs were introduced so I have just been playing WHM in ARR which is now fully geared up so I fancy trying my hand at tanking but don't want to jump into it without a good idea of what I should be using and not using.

I think you just press 123 a lot.

orion434

Send my Botanist on Field Exploration XIII ( 383 Gathering req ) and she brought me back a Tawny Latex. Wonder if Miner can bring back Scheelite?

Item Desynthesis sounds awesome!

danthefan

For these retainer ventures am I better off sending them on 1hr or 18hr ones? Obviously 1hr is an awful lot shorter but in terms of rewards and XP are the 18hr a lot better?

Number45

So when tanking, I usually Tomahawk a mob, gather them together and use Overpower before using my main combo (which is only two attacks) on my main target before switching over to my second target and doing the main enmity combo before switching to the last target and doing my enmity combo there...while throwing in a flash every so often. Anything I'm doing wrong per se?
Assuming it's a three mob pull of melee:

• I'll mark 1/2
  • Tomahawk 1
  • Let them gather > Overpower
  • Run through them to turn them > Overpower
  • Enmity combo on 1
  • Start enmity combo on 1, finish it on 2
  • Overpower (not necessary if people are behaving, but they're probably not)
Then at 10% I'll swap to 2 as my primary and continue switching to the last mob as necessary.

But if you're not losing enmity to anyone, then I don't see a problem. Juggling the combos later is more tricky, because the enmity combo eventually is *only* useful for enmity I believe (the Storm's Eye has a higher overall damage and the added debuff).

For you career tanks out there, which dungeons did you find the most difficult to tank? I know Bray can be fun and Stone Vigil is fun for absolutely no one.

Guess I need to hit up some dungeon guides now, tanking these dungeons has taught me how little I knew about them.
For some reason Haukke Manor always gives me problems. Staying on top of the patrols in there can be a pain (more so when the other people are impatient), but I just seem to have the worst luck in there.

Stone Vigil I actually don't mind, aside from:

The specific nightmare pull in Stone Vigil: the two Dragon Aeries and two Ice Sprites. It's small wonder the room is constantly skipped even though there's a valuable ingot.

^^ this room.

Nightmare if people aren't willing to CC.

And Qarn I also don't mind, but then I've only run it in the FC so far.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
The new patch sounds cool. I look forward to hearing more about it.

IvorB

I keep thinking I will focus on advancing the main quest but I just get so distracted by everything. Even between two quest locations there are so many things to do. In two levels I will have access to two level 35 dungeons regardless of story though so I will probably rinse those for a while. Should be good.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
What are Daily Hunts? Are they specific for your character or general?

What I'd love in this game is player-specific, highly challenging encounters. In the rare moments the combat tests me in solo (like whacking up the level in leves or one-manning boss Fates) it's exhilarating.

need help locating a trenchtooth sahagin. It's the last thing I need to kill in the Maelstrom hunting log without entering a dungeon. I already know it's in Halfstone (somewhere in the spawning grounds), but for some damn reason, I didn't see one and I was in that area for at least 10-15 minutes. The whole pisses me off (enough with the damn heavy affliction already!)

Anyone have an approximate spot of where I might find them so I don't have to return to that godforsaken place once I'm done?

need help locating a trenchtooth sahagin. It's the last thing I need to kill in the Maelstrom hunting log without entering a dungeon. I already know it's in Halfstone (somewhere in the spawning grounds), but for some damn reason, I didn't see one and I was in that area for at least 10-15 minutes. The whole pisses me off (enough with the damn heavy affliction already!)

Anyone have an approximate spot of where I might find them so I don't have to return to that godforsaken place once I'm done?
Databases say around 20,20

Hystzen

Man I need pay attention sometimes, got my retainer trying sell a bone chip for maximum amount of Gil you can sell for. Not sure how did that but honestly I leaving it see if somebody crazy/bored would buy it.

I sold 1 piece that silver you get from early quests for 10k once so who knows

Please bring back Ballista. :(

Me and the 100 other people that played in XI miss it.

Brenner was fun too........

Please. :(

AKA 2.3 is the PVP BG patch right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom