• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJIzana

What about CT2 and Frontlines?

That's not slated for 2.3 is it?

CT2 I could see being added 2.3 but I don't see Frontlines being added 2.3. That seems more like an expansion pack sort of thing. I hope I'm wrong because the more major content like that, the better.

Ken

ibkDXimaVJ5lZm.png

!?!

That's not slated for 2.3 is it?

CT2 I could see being added 2.3 but I don't see Frontlines being added 2.3. That seems more like an expansion pack sort of thing. I hope I'm wrong because the more major content like that, the better.
Both are slated for 2.3 as far as I know

The content of the first live letter isn't all there will be on the patch

I have dumb macros like this:

/macroicon "Summon"
/ac "Summon" <me>
/wait 7
/joy motion
oh that's dumb . i find we can be friends :)

If you want to announce to the party what you're casting:

/macroicon "Resurrection"
/ac "Resurrection" <t>
/wait
/p Resurrection >>> <t> <se.14>

<se.1> <se.2> <se.3> and so on = sound effects that everybody in your party will hear. Don't abuse it~

Stupid question : is the reason why there are so many stupid farmers abusing "tell" with that annoying sound effect is because they are using those sound effects ? is it an effect you can put anywhere ?

Something stupid like:
Code:
 say : Hello <se.4>

Does it work like that ?

Ken

oh that's dumb . i find we can be friends :)

Stupid question : is the reason why there are so many stupid farmers abusing "tell" with that annoying sound effect is because they are using those sound effects ?

Something stupid like:
Code:
 say : Hello <se.4>

Does it work like that ?

no it's because notification sound for tells is on by default

click the gear next to your chat stuff and go to notifcation sounds or something and turn it off for tells.

is it an effect you can put anywhere ?

yes.

/s Hello <se.4>

would add a sound to it.

N.A

Banned
The list in the live letter post is only for stuff being covered in this live letter. There will be another a couple of weeks after. (My guess is live letter at E3 with new job revealed, release the week after.)

CT expansion and frontlines are both confirmed for 2.3.
Gold Saucer was said to be around 2.3 when first announced last year, but has never been official and seems unlikely

IvorB

Sooo I have a question on MMO ettiquette. Normally in the dungeon when we are engaging a small group of enemies I let rip with the AOE crowd damage skills. I don't provoke any enemies that aren't already attacking us. This seems to be an approach that people like. But today I was asked (by the tank I think) to "stop spinning the adds" which I presume means stick to one target. So I held back and only attacked enemies that the tank was actually engaging. Is this normal? Should I be holding back in this way?

Sooo I have a question on MMO ettiquette. Normally in the dungeon when we are engaging a small group of enemies I let rip with the AOE crowd damage skills. I don't provoke any enemies that aren't already attacking us. This seems to be an approach that people like. But today I was asked (by the tank I think) to "stop spinning the adds" which I presume means stick to one target. So I held back and only attacked enemies that the tank was actually engaging. Is this normal? Should I be holding back in this way?

i believe you should not attack more ennemies that the tank is already engaging on , if you're not one-shotting them ( or close to the same effect ) , you'll risk to get attacked by those ennemies and the tank might have his hands full already.

That's how i see it.

Zomba13

As a tank if I know a dps (or both) will be AoEing the mobs then I'll keep agro on them all by throwing in more Flashes/spreading out the halone combo if needed. If you weren't getting agro (as in them running to attack you) then it should be fine as the mobs wouldn't spin or turn. Usually it's bad tanks that spin the added by running in circles around them for some bizarre reason.

Usually DPS focus down one target and move onto the next (sometimes the tank will label them, sometimes they just focus on the first target the tank grabs, sometimes focus on the one the DPS is doing) though when I'm tanking I don't complain at AoEing as long as it's not wasting DPS (like AoEing a single target).

IvorB

i believe you should not attack more ennemies that the tank is already engaging on , if you're not one-shotting them ( or close to the same effect ) , you'll risk to get attacked by those ennemies and the tank might have his hands full already.

That's how i see it.

As a tank if I know a dps (or both) will be AoEing the mobs then I'll keep agro on them all by throwing in more Flashes/spreading out the halone combo if needed. If you weren't getting agro (as in them running to attack you) then it should be fine as the mobs wouldn't spin or turn. Usually it's bad tanks that spin the added by running in circles around them for some bizarre reason.

Usually DPS focus down one target and move onto the next (sometimes the tank will label them, sometimes they just focus on the first target the tank grabs, sometimes focus on the one the DPS is doing) though when I'm tanking I don't complain at AoEing as long as it's not wasting DPS (like AoEing a single target).

That's the thing though. I am focusing on one target but just using Fire II which has the additional splash damage (and spreading some Thunder II around). And only ever on enemies that are already engaged with the tank.

They did start rushing me but is it my fault or is he supposed to keep them engaged (there were about three of them)? I really don't know. They were already attacking us so I feel like damaging them as well if I can should be a good thing. I'm about to jump into some level 35 dungeons so I don't want to screw things up for people. It's kinda boring though if I just sit there attacking just one target (no Fire II or Blizzard II).

Ken

That's the thing though. I am focusing on one target but just using Fire II which has the additional splash damage (and spreading some Thunder II around). And only ever on enemies that are already engaged with the tank.

Just because they're engaged doesn't mean the tank has any built up hate on them. If your splash damage, no matter how minor, builds more hate than what the tank has on an enemy you'll rip it off the tank.

They did start rushing me but is it my fault or is he supposed to keep them engaged (there were about three of them)? I really don't know.

It really depends. Some tanks ensure they have a bit of hate on all the mobs while some don't bother if they assume the DPS won't do AOE.

They were already attacking us so I feel like damaging them as well if I can should be a good thing.

Tank has already lost hate and you're building even more hate on it so it's going to be more difficult for the tank to get it off of you without a Provoke.

It's kinda boring though

Welcome to BLM.

Griss

They did start rushing me but is it my fault or is he supposed to keep them engaged (there were about three of them)? I really don't know. They were already attacking us so I feel like damaging them as well if I can should be a good thing. I'm about to jump into some level 35 dungeons so I don't want to screw things up for people. It's kinda boring though if I just sit there attacking just one target (no Fire II or Blizzard II).

As a DPS I use bane to spread my dots to other adds that we've already pulled. However if I find that this pulls aggro onto me then I'll stop doing that. It's not up to me to tell the tank how to do his job, and he might be doing the best he can, so it makes no sense to make life harder for him.

If I pull aggro like that then from then on I'll stick to burning down target #1 and the others in order. Depends on the situation.

BlackJace

So, is the duty finder supposed to take this long? Coming up on 22 minutes for Sastasha..

EDIT: lol just as I type, the party is filled. Off we go!

iammeiam

So, is the duty finder supposed to take this long? Coming up on 22 minutes for Sastasha..

Welcome to DPS!

I spent 20 minutes a couple of days ago watching Duty Finder for Cutter's Cry show every role but healer filled. It also took ~40 minutes to get into Stone Vigil yesterday, at which point I learned that Stone Vigil is terrible. How do you make a dungeon all dragons and still have it be the worst?

scosher

Why would you use Ruin II over Ruin I unless you are actively moving? The only additional effect it adds is blind, but you shouldn't need to cast it over and over again. SCH don't run into MP problems at all, so that's not an issue. They have the same potency, though.

I think I use Ruin 2 about as much as Ruin on SMN. Freedom of movement is huge. Moreover, I use it any time I intend on weaving some other instant cast in between the global cooldown, like Fester, Aether Flow and Spur/Rouse.

You can also get auto attacks in when using instant casts like Ruin 2. It's not much but it effectively can turn Ruin 2 into a 100 potency ability. But I'm one of the few SMNs that like to smack enemies with my book, and if I can get away with being in melee, I will.

Griss

Welcome to DPS!

I spent 20 minutes a couple of days ago watching Duty Finder for Cutter's Cry show every role but healer filled. It also took ~40 minutes to get into Stone Vigil yesterday, at which point I learned that Stone Vigil is terrible. How do you make a dungeon all dragons and still have it be the worst?

Stone Vigil was absolutely awful, never going back. And I commonly have waits of 1 hour on the duty finder. Just got to roll with it, DPS are oversupplied as always.

Fav dungeon so far would probably be Brayflox's. Just love bright, jungly locations and the goblins themselves were a laugh.

Teknoman

Stone Vigil was absolutely awful, never going back. And I commonly have waits of 1 hour on the duty finder. Just got to roll with it, DPS are oversupplied as always.

Fav dungeon so far would probably be Brayflox's. Just love bright, jungly locations and the goblins themselves were a laugh.

You gotta admit Stone Vigil looks really nice at the beginning though. I'm right with you when it comes to jungles though. Now I just need an ancient desert ruin, maybe a volcano.

teach me how to when this was on the previous page

nevermind that the same question has been asked over and over and over again.

Dude I had asked something about this before. But whenm he said to me keep trying I didnt know if it was supposed to be for awhile (as in waiting with the game on) or as in try another time.

You could havve just ignored me.

Teknoman

I think everyone likes Brayflox because the situations are pretty diverse compared to previous dungeons, and everything is so vibrant.

Comandr

Here's a question I didn't see answered very clearly anywhere: Duty roulette in a party. Everywhere I've seen in forums it just says "it was mentioned ... Mumble mumble... 2.2" buut... Now that 2.2 has come and gone, still no doing duties with friends. Anyone know?

Ken

Here's a question I didn't see answered very clearly anywhere: Duty roulette in a party. Everywhere I've seen in forums it just says "it was mentioned ... Mumble mumble... 2.2" buut... Now that 2.2 has come and gone, still no doing duties with friends. Anyone know?

I don't think anyone knows for sure yet.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Turn 9 ^_^!
oUJRJhL.jpg

Looks like Ken needs to send his Gil to the douchebag perv anonymous foundation
You will be missed, you falafel, enjoy looking upskirt in RL

Teknoman

They need to do something with the materia system. It seems pretty worthless to anyone high level, especially after they start obtaining rare end game drops.

Ken

They need to do something with the materia system. It seems pretty worthless to anyone high level, especially after they start obtaining rare end game drops.

It's a nice (optional) bridge for people to get to obtaining rare end game drops.

Teknoman

It's a nice (optional) bridge for people to get to obtaining rare end game drops.

I suppose. I guess i'm just salty since I have a couple of high level vitality materia laying around :p

Guess i could use whatever else I have while leveling Monk, or whatever other new jobs come along...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Was it with an established group?

Yes?

What's with the 20 questions all of a sudden?
Let me guess, I can't clear content like a Mod who gets benefits from the GAF FC, so I must have bought or have been "Carried"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom