• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a question I didn't see answered very clearly anywhere: Duty roulette in a party. Everywhere I've seen in forums it just says "it was mentioned ... Mumble mumble... 2.2" buut... Now that 2.2 has come and gone, still no doing duties with friends. Anyone know?

I have heard maybe 2.3
I hope we can soon, DF has gotten really bad as of late. 3 out of 4 groups turns out really bad, lots of Leeroy Jenkins. At least it's teaching me how to tank in difficult situations!

dcye

i already gave my gil to illy so pester him for it

also my account is cursed so i have to seal it away forever

I'm afraid I must insist. You see, my wife, she has been most vocal on the subject of the FFXIV Gil. "Where's the gil? "When are you going to get the gil?" "Why aren't you getting the gil now?" And so on.

So please, the gil....

the-twisted-world-of-marge-simpson2.png

teach me how to when this was on the previous page

nevermind that the same question has been asked over and over and over again.
It's a long, fairly fast-moving thread - it's not hard to see why people wouldn't realize they're asking a question that's been asked a lot.

Hey all, fairly new to the game although I had a short stint playing it back in version 1.0.

Took the plunge and bought the game on PS4 a little less than a month ago and have been playing almost everyday I could since. I'm maining a DRG, currently at lvl 43 and I'm looking to join an FC, so what better than the official GAF FC on Ultros. I'm aware that the FC is reaching its member limit (assuming it hasn't already) but I submitted an application through the site mentioned in the OP anyways in case there's room. Seems like there's a pretty neat community being built up here and I'm looking forward to (hopefully) be a part of it!
I apologize if this has been answered already, but is there an actual member limit number enforced by the game or is it a number the guild leaders have decided that, above that number the guild would be unwieldly and meaningless?

I apologize if this has been answered already, but is there an actual member limit number enforced by the game or is it a number the guild leaders have decided that, above that number the guild would be unwieldly and meaningless?

Actual member Limit is 512. We have a little breathing room for new folk.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Is there a driving reason for having member limits in guilds? Is it a logistics thing? An intimacy thing (a guild too large would reduce the chance you'd actually get to know anyone)? Is it a server/software issue?

I think it's due to PS3 limitations
Just like Large Houses can only have 200 items allocated to them

There slowly trying to remove PS3 within a year, then it will be PC + PS4

Is there a driving reason for having member limits in guilds? Is it a logistics thing? An intimacy thing (a guild too large would reduce the chance you'd actually get to know anyone)? Is it a server/software issue?

Too much chat will bog down a certain version of the game
ps3 limitations

In all seriousness it's most likely because they don't want the entire server to be in a single guild. Very few care to follow the gw2 model where you can be in however many you want, so they put limitations on members just so they can possibly get people to be part of a community rather than a nobody in a 5k+ member guild. That's not to say there aren't nobodies in the gaf fc, but for the amount of people that actively get on everyday, it's actually a lot lower than you would think if you actually make yourself a known quantity and type something every now and then.

GraveRobberX

My Retainer is now 50!
Thank fuck!, took gear that was taking up space
Got back roughly 11 Slots
7jJOnMH.jpg

Guess Who

Banned
How are they removing PS3 just curious been playing with the FC on PS4.

They've said the PS3 will be supported up until the first expansion, but after that they'll be phasing it out and stop releasing updates so that it doesn't hold back the PC/PS4 versions.

They "plan" to stop supporting it by the time the 2nd expac comes out so the ps3 version stops holding back the game(which it will hold back far more by then than it does now), that however is still 2 1/2 - 3 years out. It can be seen however that they are attempting to phase it out slowly by making it so certain newer features only work for ps4/pc(there's several features in 2.3 that are said to not support ps3, even if they are just minor things).

IvorB

Just because they're engaged doesn't mean the tank has any built up hate on them. If your splash damage, no matter how minor, builds more hate than what the tank has on an enemy you'll rip it off the tank.

It really depends. Some tanks ensure they have a bit of hate on all the mobs while some don't bother if they assume the DPS won't do AOE.

Tank has already lost hate and you're building even more hate on it so it's going to be more difficult for the tank to get it off of you without a Provoke.

Welcome to BLM.

As a DPS I use bane to spread my dots to other adds that we've already pulled. However if I find that this pulls aggro onto me then I'll stop doing that. It's not up to me to tell the tank how to do his job, and he might be doing the best he can, so it makes no sense to make life harder for him.

If I pull aggro like that then from then on I'll stick to burning down target #1 and the others in order. Depends on the situation.

Cool.. Think I will play it by ear and go tentative on the AOE. If I see the tank is having trouble holding them I can dial back. Everyone's been really happy with the way I've been operating so far and it was just this one guy. We'll see. I just wanted to be sure I wasn't committing some huge no-no

Man, just been getting my ass handed to me in the Temple of Qarn. Sh*t got real pretty quickly. Felt like the kid gloves came off. We made it through with about three minutes to spare and it was epic.

GraveRobberX

I think Yoshi said an interview that PS3 was holding them back from large scale adventures/battles, etc.

That they were trying their best to incentives the PS4 upgrade and PC version

Like down the line only on PS4 or PC would like see 100 Inventory items at the same time or some shit of that nature, while PS3 players won't receive the feature due to limitations

There gonna try to phase out the version, the free upgrade was the bribery portion to make people switch
I mean people have till end of December to upgrade, so if you can't get a PS4 then, they'll have to do something drastic

Zomba13

I think Yoshi said an interview that PS3 was holding them back from large scale adventures/battles, etc.

That they were trying their best to incentives the PS4 upgrade and PC version

Like down the line only on PS4 or PC would like see 100 Inventory items at the same time or some shit of that nature, while PS3 players won't receive the feature due to limitations

There gonna try to phase out the version, the free upgrade was the bribery portion to make people switch
I mean people have till end of December to upgrade, so if you can't get a PS4 then, they'll have to do something drastic

Nice of them to do that. PS2 held back FFXI for years.

dcye

Dammit GAF I expected some lols for my Gil post. Put a downer on my day.

On the plus side my SCH is now i81 and ready for me to hit up some old coils for healer gear. Happy days my friends. Happy days.

ps. WTB Turn 7 Carry.

Jomjom

Banned
Hmm I'm getting a strange issue. Tried to login but it says my password is incorrect. When I tried to reset it, it asks you to enter the one time password and I did. But it gives me an error saying the one time password can't be all numbers. WHAT!?!?

I've always used a one time password for extra security so I don't see how someone could have stolen my account.

They've said the PS3 will be supported up until the first expansion, but after that they'll be phasing it out and stop releasing updates so that it doesn't hold back the PC/PS4 versions.

i thought they -may- stop supporting it if their userbase allows them to. i'm sure they won't stop if the PS3 version is still popular, because they can't. in reality, it won't matter what happens in 2 years because most people in here have moved on.

Winter John

Apologies if this has been asked before, but should healer's and thaumaturges keep as far back from battles as possible? I ony ask because the other day I was in the first dungeon and had a healer constantly standing in front of me. So, everytime I attacked something it would come straight towards us. I died about 3 times and then the healer started complaining about it, and I got kicked.

So what is the timeline for the first major expansion and what sorts of things are we thinking might be in it? Are they adding a race/class? New land mass? Increasing the level cap?

Apologies if this has been asked before, but should healer's and thaumaturges keep as far back from battles as possible? I ony ask because the other day I was in the first dungeon and had a healer constantly standing in front of me. So, everytime I attacked something it would come straight towards us. I died about 3 times and then the healer started complaining about it, and I got kicked.

Yeah, you usually want to stay far away from the battle. As for the enemy coming after you, were you attacking the same target as the tank? If not, you might be peeling the wrong enemy off...tanks have it kinda tough in the low level dungeons.

Finally a Level 50 Monk/Pugilist. Got the Monk gear and a new Pugilist weapon courtesy of my Maelstrom rank.

Regarding the acquisition of item level 50 and above stuff: since I haven't finished the main story yet
last story quest I completed reunited Biggs and Weiss with Cid
, will I able to get such items by continuing the main story, or will I only get them via those card things? Cause I saw only item level 90 and 100 stuff and the only way I know to get the cards at the moment are from completing beast tribe quests (and I guess The Wanderer's Palace dungeon which I did complete)

Winter John

Yeah, you usually want to stay far away from the battle. As for the enemy coming after you, were you attacking the same target as the tank? If not, you might be peeling the wrong enemy off...tanks have it kinda tough in the low level dungeons.

I don't know. I probably was. I didn't realise that if you don't attack the same enemy as the tank it causes them problems. I'll have to watch out for that in the future

I don't know. I probably was. I didn't realise that if you don't attack the same enemy as the tank it causes them problems. I'll have to watch out for that in the future

Yeah, when I have the dps going all out on different mobs, especially in low level dungeons, it descends into anarchy. Later on it won't matter but early on, give your poor tank a break.

Hystzen

Question do the seals you get for grand company's scale with your rank for doing jobs.

So you get more each time you go up in rank or are do you get same amount no matter rank.

Just thinking about hoarding seals then going to ask for promotions later on

What's the PC Collector's edition install size? Sorry if it's been answered - no easy Google result with the info and not in the OP. I may double dip and put this on my Windows partition on Mac.

Dunan

The tank, for his part, should be putting numbers on the enemies so that you know which one to attack. When you're far from the tank, it isn't instantly clear which one to target, but with the numbers above them, it's much easier.

yaffi

GcmPqea.jpg

Look out for this. It shows the amount of aggro you have toward the enemy you're targetting. If you have more than the tank, the mob will attack you.

Also look out for this:

lhzvys8.jpg

Green = no danger; blinking red = aggro

dramatis

Green = no danger; blinking red = aggro
They even made it helpful for the colorblind, circle = no danger, square = aggro. The right-side up yellow triangle indicates somewhat up on the aggro list, upside-down orange triangle means you're on the verge of getting eaten.

OK, so couldnt join Ultros. Not sure when I will be able to. :(

Started playing on FamFrit with my Conjurer ( I chose the Lalafell Dunesfolk race).

Played a few quests and got to lvl 5.

I am enjoying.

Using the controller can be a bit awkward at times but Im getting used to it and its miles ahead of me with a keyboard :p

Hopefully, one day I will transfer to Ultros and join the Guild :/

aceface

Hello GAF...got questions!!

Is the CE version worth it?
What's the least popular race-class combo?

1. With the CE version you get two mounts and some minions and vanity armor. All aesthetic stuff, nothing that affects gameplay. Is that worth it to you?

2. Since every character can be every class there really is no least popular combo.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
OK, so couldnt join Ultros. Not sure when I will be able to. :(

Started playing on FamFrit with my Conjurer ( I chose the Lalafell Dunesfolk race).

Played a few quests and got to lvl 5.

I am enjoying.

Using the controller can be a bit awkward at times but Im getting used to it and its miles ahead of me with a keyboard :p

Hopefully, one day I will transfer to Ultros and join the Guild :/

It's too bad more MMOs aren't like EVE in that there's only one server. Why is that? How come only EVE does it?

dcye

In EVE don't you have to let the game designers know of you're all going to be in the same area as one another like weeks in advance so they can boost servers? Doesn't sound like a particularly smart idea to do with a contemporary fast paced MMO like FFXIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom