• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Figured I should ask since I am a tank (LV 23 GLA). What do people mean when they talk about marking the targets? How do I go about doing that? Hearing how shit gets real in the later dungeons I don't want to make an ass out of myself.

kiaaa

Well, I don't tank low level dungeons anymore because of a few factors:

1 - People rarely follow kill markings

2 - People are constantly pulling shit on their own

3 - I'm missing important skills so I can't offset the above

4 - People bitch and moan after their fuckups when it comes to aggro.

suzu

Figured I should ask since I am a tank (LV 23 GLA). What do people mean when they talk about marking the targets? How do I go about doing that? Hearing how shit gets real in the later dungeons I don't want to make an ass out of myself.

I think for controller: while targeting an enemy, click Square.

For keyboard it is: Shift + M

Ken

ibhDiDJaBMJgOk.png

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So I came across a registration code for the PS4 version. I enter it on my PS4 and it says it's the full game download at 11GB.

I don't have the disc, can I still play?

chrono01

So I came across a registration code for the PS4 version. I enter it on my PS4 and it says it's the full game download at 11GB.

I don't have the disc, can I still play?
Yes, the only thing the disc gives you is the base install for the client [similar to the PC version]. Afterwards, it will patch it to the latest version and you'll be able to play.

The only thing you need is the registration/product code. If you have that, you can play the game after you install/patch the client. No disc is needed.

At least, I believe that's how it is. It should be, but I'm not 100% sure.

Now that I have the fight down, farming Twintania for stuff is kinda fun. Got my SMN book finally, lost on the roll for axe...alas. Hopefully I can do it some more soon.

Got GLD to 15, back to WAR!

chrono01

Yeah, Twintania is a fun fight. I know it's early, but I'm starting to think the boss from Turn 9 [no spoilers here!] will be enjoyable too, once we/I fully learn all of the mechanics. It had better be, since I can already tell my group will be farming it endlessly for weapon drops. We will not be lucky, many duplicates will be had. ;_;

[I'm trying to be as negative as I can, since my positivity generally leads us all to ruin. We will see how it works out.]

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, Twintania is a fun fight. I know it's early, but I'm starting to think the boss from Turn 9 [no spoilers here!] will be enjoyable too, once we/I fully learn all of the mechanics. It had better be, since I can already tell my group will be farming it endlessly for weapon drops. We will not be lucky, many duplicates will be had. ;_;

[I'm trying to be as negative as I can, since my positivity generally leads us all to ruin. We will see how it works out.]

Maybe you could "quell" some of that negativity if you level your archer a bit. <;]

chrono01

Maybe you could "quell" some of that negativity if you level your archer a bit. <;]
I see what you did there. I really do.

Don't worry, I'm going to start at the grind again tomorrow. I managed a few levels in the past couple of days, and will hopefully gain a couple more tomorrow. Trying to build up that rested XP [it helps a bit]!

Please, no <(. I am working on it, promise!

theosi

I just started playing on Ultros, I had originally started when the game came out on Cactuar and was ahead of the curve until my account got hacked and had all my gold stolen, so I dropped the game in frustration. Came back and want to play pretty seriously with a good group of people. Just wondering, thought I saw a post about the Ultros FC being full? If I apply is there some sort of waiting list? Or should I just hold off until some space opens up?

Ugh, nearly done creating a character. All that's left is choosing the World and Ultros isn't accepting any new characters. >_< I guess I'll just have to wait. I can't back out and come back to just choosing a World, can I? I really want to join the GAF clan. :(

Ken

Ugh, nearly done creating a character. All that's left is choosing the World and Ultros isn't accepting any new characters. >_< I guess I'll just have to wait. I can't back out and come back to just choosing a World, can I? I really want to join the GAF clan. :(

You can save your character appearance data and load it up later. Just have to re-choose the birthdate and guardian nonsense again.

I just started playing on Ultros, I had originally started when the game came out on Cactuar and was ahead of the curve until my account got hacked and had all my gold stolen, so I dropped the game in frustration. Came back and want to play pretty seriously with a good group of people. Just wondering, thought I saw a post about the Ultros FC being full? If I apply is there some sort of waiting list? Or should I just hold off until some space opens up?

There is enough room in the FC. Join now!

I am getting really annoyed. I downloaded and installed the game.

It asks me to log into my SE account. I cannot do so and I cannot reset the password for some reason.

I can however log in to my NA SE account.

Apparently they are not one and the same?
What the hell is going on?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I am getting really annoyed. I downloaded and installed the game.

It asks me to log into my SE account. I cannot do so and I cannot reset the password for some reason.

I can however log in to my NA SE account.

Apparently they are not one and the same?
What the hell is going on?
Separate accounts I think. I have no problem logging into the game/Mogstation using my SE ID, but if I try using the same credentials over at the US SE site it wants me to complete account creation by providing them with a nickname and security question/answer.

Assanova

So, I am at level 11, and I am finding the game to be very boring. Almost every quest is running from point A to point B, or killing "x" number of enemies. Does it get any better?

Ken

So, I am at level 11, and I am finding the game to be very boring. Almost every quest is running from point A to point B, or killing "x" number of enemies. Does it get any better?

The quests? No.

Eventually you get group content in the form of dungeons and trials and much later you get the end-game raids but the quests remain pretty boring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom