• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot log in at all.

I tried every combination of passwords I can think of.

Uppercase/lower case with/without special symbols, etc.

I am officially giving up.

I sent a email to SE and got a ticket number but they don't work weekends.

Maybe i'll get to play this one day

I cannot log in at all.

I tried every combination of passwords I can think of.

Uppercase/lower case with/without special symbols, etc.

I am officially giving up.

I sent a email to SE and got a ticket number but they don't work weekends.

Maybe i'll get to play this one day

Also for the future you should set up the Square Enix token app if you aren't already using it

Is account hacking less likely on PS4 due to it being such a walled garden? I mean, people can't install a keylogger on your PS4 without you knowing like PC.

Kssio_Aug

GcmPqea.jpg

Look out for this. It shows the amount of aggro you have toward the enemy you're targetting. If you have more than the tank, the mob will attack you.

Also look out for this:

lhzvys8.jpg

Green = no danger; blinking red = aggro

Abou the green / red sign I knew... But about that bar its new to me! Thanks, that will probably come in handy!!

Hasney

Been a while since I had a couple of days off from a game as I had things to do, but cannot wait to get back in and play it in a few hours now.

Guys, my trial subscription is about to run out. I was wondering how can i re-sub since i have US PSN account and US version of the game, but i don't have any access to US credit card. I do have access to an EU credit card. Will that work?

I wasn't able to play much during that trial period, leveled up to 25 though. I want to resub for 3 months at least.

I know about the GameTime card but i haven't been able to get them digitally. I will prefer manually subbing to 3 months

Thanks!

danthefan

Guys, my trial subscription is about to run out. I was wondering how can i re-sub since i have US PSN account and US version of the game, but i don't have any access to US credit card. I do have access to an EU credit card. Will that work?

I wasn't able to play much during that trial period, leveled up to 25 though. I want to resub for 3 months at least.

I know about the GameTime card but i haven't been able to get them digitally. I will prefer manually subbing to 3 months

Thanks!

Go to MogStation website thingy
Buy Crysta using PayPal
Use Crysta to resub

Forgive me if this has been answered, but I have a buddy I've known from childhood who's playing on Ultros. He's not on GAF. Is he barred from entry to the GAF FC?

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
cant believe i spent my saturday night levelling my alt to 26 so i can get swiftcast..

smfh

this game

help

i've made it a point not to skip out on seeing friends, working out or spending time with my girl to play this game. it's highly addictive, and i have an addictive personality so i need to set boundaries for myself.

having said that, getting THM to 26 was the worst part of this game for me. so glad i'm done with that.

So I'm trying to sell something through a retainer for the first time. To increase the price of what I'm selling I have to hold L1........this takes forever though! Is there a faster way to do this on PS4? I want to sell something for $4,000 but it takes holding down L1 for about five years to get it up there..............

IMBored

So I'm trying to sell something through a retainer for the first time. To increase the price of what I'm selling I have to hold L1........this takes forever though! Is there a faster way to do this on PS4? I want to sell something for $4,000 but it takes holding down L1 for about five years to get it up there..............

You Can. Press X and you'll be able to manually set the value.

Dunan

Milfinia is hawt <3

Your Freudian slip there; I see it.
Her name is Minfilia.

Question time: I've been doing a barrage of postgame stuff and somehow lost track of whatever leads to the Crystal Tower. Its icon is visible on the map but it's not in my Duty Finder. What do you need to do to access it?

Also, is there a way to remove Stoneskin from an enemy? The
Sapsa Spawning Grounds
FATE had me up against a monster who would take zero damage most of the time because (I think) of Stoneskin. As a BLM I was stuck keeping myself alive while waiting for it to dissipate, and then dealing as much damage as I could before he acquired it again.

I managed to win, solo, but it was tough.

dramatis

Also, is there a way to remove Stoneskin from an enemy? The
Sapsa Spawning Grounds
FATE had me up against a monster who would take zero damage most of the time because (I think) of Stoneskin. As a BLM I was stuck keeping myself alive while waiting for it to dissipate, and then dealing as much damage as I could before he acquired it again.
As BLM, SMN, WHM, you bomb through the Stoneskin. No other choice. Waiting for it to dissipate is actually pretty dumb because you're supposed to help dissipate it by bombing it. Stoneskins disappear because they take damage. If you were up against another player with Stoneskin, you'd be waiting 30 minutes for it to dissipate before attacking.

As every other class, there is a stun/silence ability that, when timed for the Stoneskin cast, interrupts the spell and prevents the enemy from getting a Stoneskin.

Edit: Technically Fluid Aura from WHM could probably interrupt a cast because of its knockback effect, but I'm not too sure if the knockback works on fate bosses. Same goes for the knockback ability on Emerald Carbuncle/Garuda-egi.

Beat Titan. We died the first two times, but figured it out on the third. What an epic fight; the music, and everything about it was just great. Best battle yet.

iqYz7ECU4Cp3O.jpg

Dunan

As BLM, SMN, WHM, you bomb through the Stoneskin. No other choice. Waiting for it to dissipate is actually pretty dumb because you're supposed to help dissipate it by bombing it. Stoneskins disappear because they take damage. If you were up against another player with Stoneskin, you'd be waiting 30 minutes for it to dissipate before attacking.

By "wait" I actually meant "attack him and wear it down"; that's how I was able to do it, because if left alone, he'd be invulnerable for the entire 15 minutes that the FATE gave me.

But I thought that another class might have a "Dispel"-like magic that instantly removes enemy buffs. Is there one? (Please don't say that the BLM has one and I haven't noticed it yet. ^_^)

Just did my first full party trial (Operation Archon). I almost decided to withdraw cause of the 30+ min avg wait time (ended up waiting over 40 mins) but it was worth it. We all got taken out twice, but as they say "third times the charm". I almost didn't live to see the boss be defeated (was killed but revived in an instant) but I managed to survive (those magitek missiles man).

Other than that, the music that surrounds each area controlled by the Empire sounds boss as hell

Ok, so I got to lvl 11 last night. Im enjoying this game a lot. Fighting has been easy with my conjurfer solo except that one instance where you fight the
crazy tree or whatever lol
since it kept spamming enemies towards me and I dont do AoE damage.

So I literally just ran while my two NPC companions took care of everything :p

For those Im gonna need a party.

D23

i've made it a point not to skip out on seeing friends, working out or spending time with my girl to play this game. it's highly addictive, and i have an addictive personality so i need to set boundaries for myself.

having said that, getting THM to 26 was the worst part of this game for me. so glad i'm done with that.

Yep luckily it's over. I take it ur a healer too??

There's no way I'll b leveling whm to 34 to get stoneskin at this point. Maybe way later when every group in end game kick me out for not having it

Can you buy your mount gear, in my case my first chocobo? I've saw people with hats n shit on there chocobo.

Some of it you earn for playing long enough, leveling your chocobo, some of it you get through quests. I think the only one you can buy is once you get high ranking in your Grand Company and use seals.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Yep luckily it's over. I take it ur a healer too??

There's no way I'll b leveling whm to 34 to get stoneskin at this point. Maybe way later when every group in end game kick me out for not having it

Yep, SCH all day. I've already got my WHM to 20 and the lure of the Unicorn mount means i'll get Stoneskin..... eventually.

Ok, so I got to lvl 11 last night. Im enjoying this game a lot. Fighting has been easy with my conjurfer solo except that one instance where you fight the
crazy tree or whatever lol
since it kept spamming enemies towards me and I dont do AoE damage.

So I literally just ran while my two NPC companions took care of everything :p

For those Im gonna need a party.

You can't have help and you're gonna need to practice them because they get harder.

There's always a trick to them and it always revolves around using your class.

As a healer most of them mean keeping the NPCs alive while using sleep and doing damage when you have a gap

Soi-Fong

So currently, on my relic quest and only have to fight Garuda Hard and Titan Hard.

What's the ideal iLvl for Garuda and Titan to be at? I'm at iLvl 71 right now.

You can't have help and you're gonna need to practice them because they get harder.

There's always a trick to them and it always revolves around using your class.

As a healer most of them mean keeping the NPCs alive while using sleep and doing damage when you have a gap

Damn. Alone? Well, the problem was that there were a lot of little enemies hitting me while the NPC fought the big one.

But, I will manage.

Thanks to both of you for the reply :)

Teknoman

Damn. Alone? Well, the problem was that there were a lot of little enemies hitting me while the NPC fought the big one.

But, I will manage.

Thanks to both of you for the reply :)

In those, just listen to what the npcs say. They'll usually heal you, take on certain enemies, or whatever.

Your Freudian slip there; I see it.
Her name is Minfilia.

Oh snap.

EDIT: I always read your name as Dunban.

Hmm, I'm new to FFXIV. Is there anywhere I can go to learn what certain abbreviations mean? Like BLM?

I'm not sure, but here is a quick rundown:

PLD: Paladin
BLM: Black Mage
WHM: White Mage
MNK: Monk
WAR: Warrior
SMN: Summoner
DRG: Dragoon
BRD: Bard
SCH: Scholar

Most abbreviations in XIV are exactly what they sound like...except for dungeons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom