• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soi-Fong

IvorB

Just a whisker shy of level 40 now. I was trying to catch up the story to my level but I got distracted again. So now there is another ten level gap :-(. At least I have access to Cutter's Cry and Sunken Temple of Qarn.

Does anyone know what level synch does to equipment?

Just a whisker shy of level 40 now. I was trying to catch up the story to my level but I got distracted again. So now there is another ten level gap :-(. At least I have access to Cutter's Cry and Sunken Temple of Qarn.

Does anyone know what level synch does to equipment?

Lowers the stats on the equipment so it matches gear around that level.

is bard more of a support class or dps class? im more experienced playing dps in mmo's so i may start leveling a pugilist, lancer or marauder

Dps class, there is no true support anything in this game. The only reason why bard is labeled as "support" is because it has several songs that may be needed for groups at some points and you have to sing every now and then, in other words it's the only current class that is required at some point to actually be beneficial to the group as a whole rather than just sit there and tunnel vision to win(none of the other 4 dps have anything like this).

Dps class, there is no true support anything in this game. The only reason why bard is labeled as "support" is because it has several songs that may be needed for groups at some points and you have to sing every now and then, in other words it's the only current class that is required at some point to actually be beneficial to the group as a whole rather than just sit there and tunnel vision to win(none of the other 4 dps have anything like this).

*coughSMNcough*

IvorB

Yeah, definitely.

Cool. Thanks, mate.

So I'm looking for something to give me an edge and, with a bit of googling, I think the archer skill raging strike seems like just the thing. I'm not really familiar with this whole cross-class thing but can anyone think why, as thurma-whatever, I can't quickly grab this level 3(?) skill and use it to buff my magic damage?

Tex117

Banned
Just hit level 50 and finished the main scenario before the patch.

Can anyone really explain to me why I should keep playing? I really only kept going for the pretty decent story. I like it, but don't like beating baddies just for the sake of beating enemies.

EndcatOmega

Unconfirmed Member
Just hit level 50 and finished the main scenario before the patch.

Can anyone really explain to me why I should keep playing? I really only kept going for the pretty decent story. I like it, but don't like beating baddies just for the sake of beating enemies.

You probably shouldn't, then, honestly.

"This World is not accepting any more new characters. You may either way for the restriction to be lifted, or you may select another world."

Guess I'll keep refreshing...

Does it only update at :

During periods of high congestion, we may institute a temporary restriction on the creation of new characters.
This information will be updated at the following intervals:
4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

Or can I do the 3 minute refresh to see if a spot has opened up?

Like the cone hat for example, what the hell?

1884396-time_mage.jpg

Make it happen Yoshi.

I just joined a Grand company as part of the story, but now i must join or create a free company if i want to get those company seals ?

Or did i miss something ?

Mupod

"This World is not accepting any more new characters. You may either way for the restriction to be lifted, or you may select another world."

Guess I'll keep refreshing...

Does it only update at :

During periods of high congestion, we may institute a temporary restriction on the creation of new characters.
This information will be updated at the following intervals:
4:00 a.m./ 8:00 a.m./ 1:00 p.m./ 6:00 p.m./ 11:00 p.m. (PDT)

Or can I do the 3 minute refresh to see if a spot has opened up?

when I first started in the middle of september or so, I had to stay up until like 3AM in order to make a character on ultros. I can't imagine it's that bad right now but try again at off-peak hours.

Is anyone else having a problem with the PS4 version since the 1.70 update. Since the update every time I switch my PS4 on I am greeted to a notification saying that it could not upload my saved data to the online storage for FFXIV. I don't know if it's a Sony issue or just one with FFXIV but FFXIV is the only game I get this message for. Anyone else having this problem?

Comandr

I just joined a Grand company as part of the story, but now i must join or create a free company if i want to get those company seals ?

Or did i miss something ?

Grand companies are part of the three major factions in the game. One representing each country. Free companies are in game player-run guilds. Confusing as it is, they are totally unrelated. Once you are part of a free company you will begin earning guild seals for almost everything you do. They can be spent at the free company headquarters for armor and perks, including purchasing the necessary item for your personal chocobo at level 20.

Is anyone else having a problem with the PS4 version since the 1.70 update. Since the update every time I switch my PS4 on I am greeted to a notification saying that it could not upload my saved data to the online storage for FFXIV. I don't know if it's a Sony issue or just one with FFXIV but FFXIV is the only game I get this message for. Anyone else having this problem?

I've been having this issue too. I have like ten thousand notifications telling me it couldn't upload the save. Whatever. It's not like anything has been affected. At this point it's just an annoyance.

dcye

What Commandr actually means is that when you join a GRAND company you'll start earning seals. Free Companies don't have seals, and are what guilds are in this game.

Noi

Grand companies are part of the three major factions in the game. One representing each country. Free companies are in game player-run guilds. Confusing as it is, they are totally unrelated. Once you are part of a GRAND company you will begin earning guild seals for almost everything you do. They can be spent at the GRAND company headquarters for armor and perks, including purchasing the necessary item for your personal chocobo at level 20.

Fixed that for you, no need to make things even more confusing!

jiggle

Finally got off my lazy ass and did the 3 expert roulette dungeons
Amdapor is so pretty
Best looking dungeon in the game
So much nostalgia
Are they connecting Eorzea to Vanadiel?
That'd be neat

Then joined an in progress CT where a bard auto attacked vassago the entire time
When I pointed it out, a smn told me to stfu or gtfo lol
good idea, no wonder the previous healer left

Cool. Thanks, mate.

So I'm looking for something to give me an edge and, with a bit of googling, I think the archer skill raging strike seems like just the thing. I'm not really familiar with this whole cross-class thing but can anyone think why, as thurma-whatever, I can't quickly grab this level 3(?) skill and use it to buff my magic damage?
No reason not to get raging strike at all
Very useful
Also usable when u advance into blackmage

Finally got past the rock wall (Titan Ex), and then cleared Ifrit and Levi Ex afterwards. Gotta give thanks to my casual static for that, and all the others who helped us get through 'em.

Now, I can farm Levi. Woo.

Ken

BLM : Eye for an Eye / Raging Strikes / Physick / Quelling Strikes / Virus

SMN: Swiftcast / Raging Strikes / Surecast / Quelling Strikes / Blizzard II

PLD: Foresight / Bloodbath / Mercy Stroke / Raise/ Stoneskin

WAR: Provoke / Internal Release / Flash/ Convalescenc e/ Second Wind

DRG: Internal Release /ForesightFracture / Second Wind / Mercy Stroke / Mantra

MNK: Blood For Blood / Bloodbath / Invigorate / Mercy Stroke / Foresight

BRD: Blood For Blood / Internal Release / Second Wind / Invigorate / Mantra

WHM: Virus /Thunder / Surecast / Swiftcast / Eye for an Eye

SCH: Cleric Stance / Protect / Surecast / Swiftcast / Stoneskin

just what i use~

Mantra is pretty whatever without the MNK trait.

PARANO1A

Are there any sites for recommended toolbar layouts? I hit 40 over the weekend and I'm out of space on one toolbar for a normal fight. I'm on controller so switching between two toolbars is painful in the heat of a fight.

aceface

Finally got past the rock wall (Titan Ex), and then cleared Ifrit and Levi Ex afterwards. Gotta give thanks to my casual static for that, and all the others who helped us get through 'em.

Now, I can farm Levi. Woo.
Grats Ty. Probably doing Titan ex for the first time tonight. planning on one shotting it.
I'm doomed

Grand companies are part of the three major factions in the game. One representing each country. Free companies are in game player-run guilds. Confusing as it is, they are totally unrelated. Once you are part of a free company you will begin earning guild seals for almost everything you do. They can be spent at the free company headquarters for armor and perks, including purchasing the necessary item for your personal chocobo at level 20.

Do i keep my seals if i change free compagnies ?

Fixed that for you, no need to make things even more confusing!

Oh .i just saw that ..so i don't need a free company if i want those 2'000 seals for the chocobo, then

Kssio_Aug

Yeah, thats a general problem, with some games actually (not only FFXIV if im not mistaken). They may fix it and other many bugs in the next system update.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Are there any sites for recommended toolbar layouts? I hit 40 over the weekend and I'm out of space on one toolbar for a normal fight. I'm on controller so switching between two toolbars is painful in the heat of a fight.

Turn on the expanded hold controls for the cross hotbar if you haven't. They let you jump to another cross hotbar when you hold L2+R2 or R2+L2.

jINtpdB.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom