• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

klee123

Just finished Garuda Hard. Just one more fight for my relic. Is it a bad idea to do Titan Hard with PUG?

Nowadays, not really.

With trials roulette and echo buffs, it's much much easier to clear titan HM than before.

With trials roulette, you'll also see an increase of well geared players on df which makes the fight considerably easier.

Tabris

What will happen though is you'll probably die but the fight will be won by rest of the players. Titan HM is a good learning fight, so keep on joining Titan HM fights to learn much harder dodging mechanics than anything else.

In my opinion, for DPS and Healers, here is a good path to learn how to dodge:

1) Titan HM
2) Ultima HM
3) Titan EX

Just keep doing it until you go through the fight without getting hit.

Unfortunately, tanks get a much higher learning curve for dodging as they don't learn from Titan HM.

Soi-Fong

What will happen though is you'll probably die but the fight will be won by rest of the players. Titan HM is a good learning fight, so keep on joining Titan HM fights to learn much harder dodging mechanics than anything else.

In my opinion, for DPS and Healers, here is a good path to learn how to dodge:

1) Titan HM
2) Ultima HM
3) Titan EX

Just keep doing it until you go through the fight without getting hit.

Unfortunately, tanks get a much higher learning curve for dodging as they don't learn from Titan HM.

I was doing fine except the bombs. Wasn't able to complete it though. Other healer kept dying early on in the fight which hindered us. I just gotta know really when to move for the bombs.

Edit: I actually didn't die in any of the playthroughs. By didn't die, I mean I was always killed by Titan himself since I was the last person always standing.

Cmagus

Got my Evenstar body today and the female version is super ugly and such a terrible design. The male version of the outfit is so much better with the belt across the chest and that tutu ugh.

Cloudy

Banned
I'd been playing this on my ps3 3DTV but I finally put the ps4 back in the entertainment center today (MLB14) and it looks like a different game on my Vizio. They are both 1080p but the vivid display is just too good.

Not sure I want to go back so where can I get a good deal on a wireless keyboard and mouse?

kuroshiki

Hey guys I have a question.

Because of my schedule I can't play FF14 until September.

I already have PC version and PS3 version (though I just purchased PS3 version from PSN and didn't install it)

I know I can get PS4 version with PS3 version, but here is the thing.

1. Do I need to install PS4 version before the end of May? Is there time limit that I can download PS4 version?

2. Once installed, do I get a month free?

3. If so, Can I just wait until September and install PS4 version and play 1 month free?

Thanks.

Got my Evenstar body today and the female version is super ugly and such a terrible design. The male version of the outfit is so much better with the belt across the chest and that tutu ugh.

I am convinced that that piece alone is the reason why glamour exists. Because fuck that tutu. Glad I'm not a chick.

Edit: Speaking of glamour, I love my tank set. Classy as fuck.

ffxiv_05082014_192701nmj5o.png

Now I want to farm Stone Vigil for Eisentaenzer. Best axe model in the game currently, IMO.

Semper88

Now I want to farm Stone Vigil for Eisentaenzer. Best axe model in the game currently, IMO.

Threw that thing away before i knew there was a glamour option hahaha.. Dual Haken looks like a real slayer too. Bravura aint bad tho.. its just a bit to neat in the eyes of an Axe.

Btw, the Heavy Allagan set also looks very nice! trying to farm the boots from T1 and then i got the whole set. http://i.imgur.com/PTRvyse.jpg

Rflagg

I may regret this choice later, but after thinking about it all day I am going too hold off for now. I remember hyping myself for wow again with the warlords of draenor expansion coming, but when I restarted that I was bored within a month. Maybe I am just not into mmos anymore. :( I might jump in if there is a stupid low steam sale or when a new expansion causes a wave of newbies to level/learn with me.

danthefan

Hey guys I have a question.

Because of my schedule I can't play FF14 until September.

I already have PC version and PS3 version (though I just purchased PS3 version from PSN and didn't install it)

I know I can get PS4 version with PS3 version, but here is the thing.

1. Do I need to install PS4 version before the end of May? Is there time limit that I can download PS4 version?

2. Once installed, do I get a month free?

3. If so, Can I just wait until September and install PS4 version and play 1 month free?

Thanks.

You need to upgrade from PS3 to PS4 in this calendar year so you're fine if you wait til Sept. And yes you get 30 days free.

Finished the main story so I'll take a day long break. Had no issues with the final two quests, other than not realizing to get the key before taking the lift up to my Magitek. Got left behind, got lost and decided to get KO'd and take the shortcut at the starting point. With that out of the way, on to what lies beyond the main story (and hitting level 50 with my lancer class)

Have a question regarding "The Waning of the Sixth Sun". What's it about and should I bother with it? Still haven't removed the wrapping from it

Getting Defiance makes keeping aggro a bit easier now. Don't know how I got by without it. Hoping to hit 32 so I can try my hand at tanking Brayflox.

I do notice dps who go into tunnel vision a lot easier now...they keep ignoring adds and then I have to tank everything and hope the healer can keep me alive.

IMBored

Finished the main story so I'll take a day long break. Had no issues with the final two quests, other than not realizing to get the key before taking the lift up to my Magitek. Got left behind, got lost and decided to get KO'd and take the shortcut at the starting point. With that out of the way, on to what lies beyond the main story (and hitting level 50 with my lancer class)

Have a question regarding "The Waning of the Sixth Sun". What's it about and should I bother with it? Still haven't removed the wrapping from it

The game is what lies beyond. Mainly you forget about level and start worrying about ilevel, start on the rest of the story ( there's main story that was release in patches after the credits), unlock crystal tower, coil, hard and extreme primals, new primals, hildbrand quest, etc, etc , etc.

Number45

Is there a resource somewhere that shows what the beneficial spell graphic effects look like? I often see stuff on the ground and I'm not 100% sure I should be standing it it... and if I am what it's actually doing for me.

Ken

Is there a resource somewhere that shows what the beneficial spell graphic effects look like? I often see stuff on the ground and I'm not 100% sure I should be standing it it... and if I am what it's actually doing for me.

In your buff/debuff bar, positive effects are on the left and negative effects are on the right. If you stand in an AOE and get something on the right side, it's probably bad. You can also just mouse over the debuff for a description of its effects.

Apoptomon

Had a nicely productive evening just now, managed to clear the Sylph quests and get my SMN relic. Been putting both of those of for ages. Back to the tomestone/atma grind I guess.

Not sure about the first part, but for the second: any buffs/debuffs conferred by aoe etc should appear on your buff bar and on the party list. The only aoe you really want to stand in is the SCH one, Sacred Soil (which I think looks like a purple ring), which reduces damage dealt to those inside it.

Threw that thing away before i knew there was a glamour option hahaha.. Dual Haken looks like a real slayer too. Bravura aint bad tho.. its just a bit to neat in the eyes of an Axe.

Btw, the Heavy Allagan set also looks very nice! trying to farm the boots from T1 and then i got the whole set. http://i.imgur.com/PTRvyse.jpg

I like Bravura but hate the Zenith glow effect. Heavy Allagan does look awesome. :) I'm going for an Ishgardian look.. that and I just really like the chain hauberk models. It's something to do when I'm not hunting for atmas.. which I kept putting off to level crafts, so now I'm behind. lol

Ken

Well, sorry for worrying that a gaffer might have accidentally leaked his FC's TS info via a screenshot in a post with no hints that the image wasn't his.

Hystzen

So...was I only person waiting for Dracula turn up during the Coerthas plot line. I mean geez it so Castlevania with organ music, bleak looking castles and snow.

iammeiam

I finished main story yesterday, too, and really think the way story dungeons work should be rethought. Castrum and Praetorium probably shouldn't even be group content at this point--there's no loot, and it forces first-timers to speed run and skip cutscenes. I make an effort to read strategies for dungeons in advance, but for those two it wound up not mattering because everyone knew exactly what to skip and kite to get through as soon as possible. It wound up feeling less like the epic conclusion of my character's journey, and more like watching a YouTube dungeon farm video. I still have to go to the inn and catch up on cutscenes.

That aside, hyped for post-game content. Extremely excited to die to hard-mode Titan and Garuda repeatedly on DF.

Also I think I'm addicted to Quick Ventures on my retainer. They're where all my GC seals are going, and the only reason I do the daily beast quests. Storage boxes for days.

IvorB

So...was I only person waiting for Dracula turn up during the Coerthas plot line. I mean geez it so Castlevania with organ music, bleak looking castles and snow.

There are some awesome fates that take place in Coerthas and I love the remixed battle music. I had a great time there. Fought some huge dragon with about 30 other people. If I saw people on the move I would just follow as I knew there was going to be a beat down.

I liked all the music except the organ tune that plays in the big castle. That was doing my head in.

Finally got to 50 last night!

Now I need to finish the story, I'm way behind
Just rescued Minfilia and convinced the city leaders not to give up

Is there a place available to me to get myth tomes other than the tribal quests? I have about 200 and with those quests I'm getting 30 per day, so it's gonna be a while before I can buy anything.

I also got what seemed to be my final promotion at my Grand Company. It says there are no more ranks available to me, but I just became a Second Storm Lieutenant I think and I see a bunch of other ranks above me, are those not available to players?

I've been fooling around with my crafters for a while, but I think now I'll dedicate myself to leveling them up for real. I have LTW and ARM at around 42 and 39, with CUL at 31 and the others a little above 15. It may take a while.

Finally got to 50 last night!

Now I need to finish the story, I'm way behind
Just rescued Minfilia and convinced the city leaders not to give up

Is there a place available to me to get myth tomes other than the tribal quests? I have about 200 and with those quests I'm getting 30 per day, so it's gonna be a while before I can buy anything.

I also got what seemed to be my final promotion at my Grand Company. It says there are no more ranks available to me, but I just became a Second Storm Lieutenant I think and I see a bunch of other ranks above me, are those not available to players?

I've been fooling around with my crafters for a while, but I think now I'll dedicate myself to leveling them up for real. I have LTW and ARM at around 42 and 39, with CUL at 31 and the others a little above 15. It may take a while.

Myths come from the level 50 dungeons and you'll get them pretty quickly doing your duty roulettes. Second Lieutenant is the highest rank you can get right now in your Grand Company. I expect that to expand with the level cap, personally.

Get to ilvl 55 and start doing the latest dungeons, Lost City of Amdapor, Halatali HM and Brayflox HM - your best bet since it's the fastest and easiest dungeon of the 3. Each run will give you 50 myth, and you'll also start racking up Soldiery tomes for your endgame purchases, and you'll also be getting ilvl70 drops on these dungeons as well.

As for GC, yeah, the other ranks haven't been implemented yet.

Get to ilvl 55 and start doing the latest dungeons, Lost City of Amdapor, Halatali HM and Brayflox HM - your best bet since it's the fastest and easiest dungeon of the 3. Each run will give you 50 myth, and you'll also start racking up Soldiery tomes for your endgame purchases, and you'll also be getting ilvl70 drops on these dungeons as well.

As for GC, yeah, the other ranks haven't been implemented yet.

I don't think I have those dungeons available yet (like I said I haven't finished the story). I know I have 1 lvl50 dungeon available, but don't quite remember the name.

I only have the low level dungeon roulette available, which seems to give a little extra exp. Will that also give me myth tomes? 'Cause the exp bonus is obviously useless to me now.

I don't think I have those dungeons available yet (like I said I haven't finished the story). I know I have 1 lvl50 dungeon available, but don't quite remember the name.

I only have the low level dungeon roulette available, which seems to give a little extra exp. Will that also give me myth tomes? 'Cause the exp bonus is obviously useless to me now.
You can unlock these dungeons at level 50, the only requirement is having finished the main story. If you beat the Praetorium you're good to go.

And yes, low level roullete will give you 80 myth tomes and some money. Unlocking all of the 3 latest dungeons will also give you a new roullete, the expert one that gives you 25 soldiery tomes.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is there a way, in game, to change your race?

Only Fantasia potion. You get one after 30 days of subscription. Currently that is the only one available ever. Though the devs have said that they will be offering them soon for real money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom