• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV |OT4| Welcome, PS4 users!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

Well, sorry for worrying that a gaffer might have accidentally leaked his FC's TS info via a screenshot in a post with no hints that the image wasn't his.
I think the issue is that you seemed like you got mad just because he explained where the screenshot came from. I don't think anyone is upset that you pointed out that the TS info was in the shot.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Gonna farm the shit out of Brayflox Story Mode tonight... maybe throw on some terrible 80s horror movie while I do.

zewone

Got my Atma weapon last night. Should I start on my books? I thought I heard a rumor they would patch this to make it easier.

speaking of ATMA, how will I know that I'm participating in one?
Do you have your Zenith relic weapon equipped and are at one of the Atma areas? Then any FATE has a chance of dropping one.

Got my Atma weapon last night. Should I start on my books? I thought I heard a rumor they would patch this to make it easier.
If you have nothing to spend myth on, might be a good idea if you really care for the glow or are one of the 3 or so classes whose relic weapon is actually good.

If you want to farm myth tomes, CT is probably the worst option lol

Brayflox has less than 5 minute queues for tanks, healers and melee DPS and the whole dungeon lasts around 15 minutes. If you get a good group you'll do almost 3 runs in the time you'd need to get in line for CT and then actually do it, and once you hit around ilvl 85 you can just speed run it for 50 myth every 6~10 minutes.

T.O.P

Banned
Farm CT. Easy Philisophy stones. Planning on doing that today. Got my relic yesterday, should get my Zenith today.

Isn't it easier and much faster to farm Brayflox HM?

You can easily do almost 4 runs (200 Mythology and 180 Soldiery) of that while CT (if everything goes right, wich, with 24 people, is pretty much impossible) takes more than 45 minutes

I think that, at least before capping soldiery, BFHM is much better

I'm a DRG, which class is actually worthwhile?
PLD, WHM, and BLM have great relic weapons. SMN's relic is also pretty legit.

DRG, BRD and MNK are kinda okay if you really need the accuracy since what matters the most in weapons is your main stat and weapon damage but otherwise you can just forget them.

WAR and SCH are just... no.

T.O.P

Banned
As someone who never cared about making gils, any easy to read guide to start Gathering or just a way to make money?

Need an extra 200k for my relic (yup, still pissed that Quicktongue III goes for 180k+ a piece)

As someone who never cared about making gils, any easy to read guide to start Gathering or just a way to make money?

Need an extra 200k for my relic (yup, still pissed that Quicktongue III goes for 180k+ a piece)
The economy on your server sounds fucked up lol

Here at Cactuar the weapons needed for the relic quest go for around 70k with the two materias in it

aceface

PLD, WHM, and BLM have great relic weapons. SMN's relic is also pretty legit.

DRG, BRD and MNK are kinda okay if you really need the accuracy since what matters the most in weapons is your main stat and weapon damage but otherwise you can just forget them.

WAR and SCH are just... no.

What's the better i90 weapon for scholars? Extreme primal one?

What's the better i90 weapon for scholars? Extreme primal one?
Scholars are basically fucked between Allagan weapons lol

Pretty much every 50+ weapon aside from the Allagan and High Allagan has crap secondary stats. The Omnilex is basically the "less bad" option at level 90. Square insists in giving Scholar weapons fucking Spell Speed and Piety.

T.O.P

Banned
The economy on your server sounds fucked up lol

Here at Cactuar the weapons needed for the relic quest go for around 70k with the two materias in it

tumblr_m8mg3oimcm1qeiocm.gif

As for now a relic would cost me

-100k weapon
-360k for two Quicktongue III (oh, this is the lowest i've seen them, avg is 400k and more)

Pollux

Is the fantasia potion at the deliver moogle? I just finished my first subscribed month, so hopefully I got one.

I was hoping to switch to a cat person.

But I did have one question about that...do their ears stick out through helmets?

Scholars are basically fucked between Allagan weapons lol

Pretty much every 50+ weapon aside from the Allagan and High Allagan has crap secondary stats. The Omnilex is basically the "less bad" option at level 90. Square insists in giving Scholar weapons fucking Spell Speed.

The faster you cast the faster you get more crits right?! :O

XenoRaven

Is the fantasia potion at the deliver moogle? I just finished my first subscribed month, so hopefully I got one.

But I did have one question about that...do their ears stick out through helmets?
Some helmets have space for the ears but the ears themselves are covered.

Griss

Man, I must have read 100 tanking guides and I still can't find out whether to put Gladiator points into Vit or Str, or a mix of the two.

Having been a lifelong dps, taking a tank up to lvl 20 has been interesting.

Jayhawk

Well, I'm still out of commission. :(

I built a new PC but there appears to be a problem with the motherboard. I have a new one coming this week, so hopefully I'll be back by Saturday. Really bummed about the whole thing.

I made a post in the PC thread for some help. My parts are listed there:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=111628447&postcount=15697

It looks like you were able to verify that other parts (PSU, graphics cards, RAM, hard drives) were working by testing it on another system. So it definitely looks like an issue with motherboard and/or CPU. Bad karma for picking a CPU and graphics card not made by the company I work for. >:O

Man, I must have read 100 tanking guides and I still can't find out whether to put Gladiator points into Vit or Str, or a mix of the two.

Having been a lifelong dps, taking a tank up to lvl 20 has been interesting.
All VIT unless you want to PVP or something.

You totally should. There are not nearly enough of those running around on every server ever.

Griss

All VIT unless you want to PVP or something.

VIT all the way.

Thanks guys.

Really funny, as I was posting I left the game on the main menu, and a movie started. How the fuck had I never seen this before? Why isn't it part of the start of the game?! It was pretty damn awesome, and I wish I'd seen it before putting 100+ hours into the game already!

Edit:
You totally should. There are not nearly enough of those running around on every server ever.

Is there any up-to-date census data on classes / races? I thought Lalafell would be the most popular by far before starting the game, but apparently not. Very few of those big dudes around, too.

Thanks guys.

Really funny, as I was posting I left the game on the main menu, and a movie started. How the fuck had I never seen this before? Why isn't it part of the start of the game?! It was pretty damn awesome, and I wish I'd seen it before putting 100+ hours into the game already!

Edit:

Is there any up-to-date census data on classes / races? I thought Lalafell would be the most popular by far before starting the game, but apparently not. Very few of those big dudes around, too.

FFXIV_20130922_3.jpg

That's from months ago, but a quick glance around any major city shows.. yeeeeah, people like those cats. smh

#TeamElezen #JoinOrDie

drexplora

Well, sorry for worrying that a gaffer might have accidentally leaked his FC's TS info via a screenshot in a post with no hints that the image wasn't his.

such care, white knight, TS rescueforce.
must be a difficult life, caring so much for others!

xMuku

tumblr_m8mg3oimcm1qeiocm.gif

As for now a relic would cost me

-100k weapon
-360k for two Quicktongue III (oh, this is the lowest i've seen them, avg is 400k and more)

sudcla.gif

40k for weapon 5k each materia on my server. Hell if I was on your server I'd give them to you good sir.

WolvenOne

On the subject of Animus weapons and bonus stats.

Don't pay all THAT much attention to the Bonus stats. A weapons main Stat useually makes far more of a difference in damage and healing.

So if your options are, I level 90 weapon with great bonus stats, and a level 100 weapon with a less than ideal bonus stats, the level 100 weapon will still end up blowing it out of the water by default.

Now, if its a difference between 95 and 100, the bonus stats can theoretically make up the difference, since the main stats are a lot closer.

Even this however is, a little iffy, in my experience.

Yeah, if you're switching weapons for a higher leveled one, as long as you're inside the acc cap you should pretty much always just ditch the secondary stats, even if the new weapon has crap secondary stats.

Wilsongt

FFXIV_20130922_3.jpg

That's from months ago, but a quick glance around any major city shows.. yeeeeah, people like those cats. smh

#TeamElezen #JoinOrDie

Now let's get a male to female ratio for those cat people. It really is becoming a bit of an eyesore to get into dungeons with female characters and have them wearing nothing but a bikini, especially tanks.

Pollux

Well, I know that there are a shit ton of cats running around - but the lalas are too small to see any real detail on their armor. I'm currently playing as a highlander and that's just boring. I feel like one of those big dudes that are all around Limsa as NPCs is a viable option, and the tall skinny guys don't look that good as paladins or warriors IMO.

So that leaves me with cat people.

What's the word on new races in the upcoming expansion?

Hopefully something a little less...human. Even the cat people are too "human" IMO. The one thing I'll give WoW is that you have a variety of races and the "beast" races, while humanoid, at least look distinctive and shit.

IvorB

Yeah the same thing happened to me. It's the most jaw-dropping, 10 minute cinematic but you can miss it so easily.

Requiem

So I am really enjoying this game but I'm wondering, what is the motivation to keep playing after the story?

Is it only to get better looking weapons/gear?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom